HTML+CSS

these contain a list of links (which I removed for the screenshot)
all blocks have the same padding and margins, they all float left.

why the fuck do I get these uneven gaps between comes of them?

Attached: 1532959329841.jpg (1015x772, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/crshd/startpage.rwrt
github.com/crshd/startpage.rwrt/blob/master/js/script.js
the-echoplex.net/flexyboxes/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>comes
some*

Use flex or grid faggot

because they're not the same height or absolutely positioned?

build three parent containers and float them to the left, then distribute the blocks inside of them

vertical-align top everything

>flex
that only stretches the boxes

is there no other way? because the blocks are made by a script and just put in the body. the script is not mine so I don't know how to make it distribute them evenly between other containers.

Attached: 1557237853246.jpg (1006x860, 44K)

tried that, it stays the same, the issue must be something else.

It appears to me that you have some kind of autistic container structure. As if the middle bottom was in the same container as last two tiles on the right, and the left bottom one was out of it, and thus placed at the mere bottom.

I don't know what the fuck you're using, but it's not hard to do this in pure html/css. Just do this normally;
Don't give all the divs classes unless they're the same size/purpose/whatever.
Group that shit like a white male - if that's allowed, I'd propose 3 vertical panels as sub-containers for those smaller divs you can see. Then just add those divs in - they'll get stacked nicely without shitty gaps.

they's all inside the body, there are no other containers.

Attached: 1554434194717.png (279x237, 7K)

This, just make 3 colums which you are filling with divs. haven't touched any css since early bootstrap days, but this seems like the best option.

.block {
border-left: 0px dashed #770099;
float: left;
padding: 10px;
margin-right: 10px;
margin-bottom: 10px;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-left: 0px;
width: 300px;
background: #333;
box-shadow: 4px 4px 3px #121212;
border-radius: 3px;
display:block;
}

>the script is not mine so I don't know how to make it distribute them evenly between other containers.
It appears that you don't know how to make it distributed evenly also with the script

I'm using this:
github.com/crshd/startpage.rwrt

absolutely disgusting

The issue is tied to not distributing divs into containers. The next div gets placed perferably to the left, but if there's no space in a row, then it gets placed under the last one - in this case 4 is leftmost right under 3 and 7 is leftmost right under 6.

Attached: niggerwhat.png (1015x772, 21K)

so I can't fix this with CSS? I don't know how to fix it here: github.com/crshd/startpage.rwrt/blob/master/js/script.js

>why the fuck do I get these uneven gaps between comes of them?
because that's what you fucking made them do

Attached: Untitled.png (1015x772, 27K)

This. What the fuck did OP expect?

I'm not making the divs, thise is doing it: can it not be edited to not dump everything into the body?

You'd have to edit the script to append a number of vertical containers at start and then add some functionality to decide which containers gets which appended tiles.

I'm not sure what's the general purpose of this and what limitations you have, but if you want to make sure it's done the way you want it, it's just best to just do it yourself. It's not that complicated anyways, just read about appending in js, the clock funcionality of this script is ez to rewrite.

the clock is not important to me, what the script is for is for me to easily add a link, a title, and an icon image so it creates a list of "bookmarks" groups under a titled block.

I'm still not sure what the fuck you want, and I suspect neither do you. But if I wanted to make this look good, I would make 3 divs for 3 columns, then dump the tiles into the divs one by one so there are no gaps in the middle.

Attached: 1548812610939.png (1015x772, 21K)

>I'm still not sure
I want this script: to do what you suggest.

CSS GRID DUMBASS

it stretches the divs with few items to be as big as the biggest divs.

Just use flex what's wrong with you?

can I get it to not stretch the divs?

align-items: flex-start; will do this, default is stretch. if you don't understand flex check this site out it'll help you visually

the-echoplex.net/flexyboxes/

that website is neat, thanks, but when it works fine on there, and I copy the CSS, it fucks up somehow(or I do)

I copied this to the CSS of body:
display: -ms-flexbox;
display: -webkit-flex;
display: flex;
-webkit-flex-direction: row;
-ms-flex-direction: row;
flex-direction: row;
-webkit-flex-wrap: wrap;
-ms-flex-wrap: wrap;
flex-wrap: wrap;
-webkit-justify-content: center;
-ms-flex-pack: center;
justify-content: center;
-webkit-align-content: flex-start;
-ms-flex-line-pack: start;
align-content: flex-start;
-webkit-align-items: flex-start;
-ms-flex-align: start;
align-items: flex-start;
and this to the CSS of the blocks
-webkit-order: 0;
-ms-flex-order: 0;
order: 0;
-webkit-flex: 0 1 auto;
-ms-flex: 0 1 auto;
flex: 0 1 auto;
-webkit-align-self: auto;
-ms-flex-item-align: auto;
align-self: auto;
pic related is what I get

Attached: 1552078112540.png (1007x982, 13K)

not him, but even this doesn't pack them

Attached: 1536971380210.png (1002x1337, 121K)