First video of X570 fan noise

youtu.be/7xL0Jn5med0?t=9m32s

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1483406568843.jpg (552x661, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7xL0Jn5med0?t=622
youtube.com/watch?v=3hhdWwvh5kI
anandtech.com/show/14432/gigabyte-unveils-it-s-flagship-x570-aorus-xtreme-16-phase-for-ryzen-3000
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>didn't see screenshot of a R5 3600 running on an A320 board.
The secret's out now. All AM4 boards, if manufacturer allows it, will run Zen 2

>actively ignoring that the BIOS literally can control the fan.
>if you are not using the NvME, you could literally turn it off, or run it at low speeds.

why hello, retard.

Attached: R5 3600 on a A320 board.png (372x172, 143K)

I still haven't seen it confirmed that the chipset will only get hot if you're using Nvme. Nvme is pretty common now so it's bad anyway.

Give me ONE good reason to not get an X470 motherboard instead.

>german
disgusting

you could get a b450 instead

>amd poorfag cope
lol good boy.

No access to PICe 4 SSDs

holy fuck @ mr mole

i would chop my face off

>only get hot if you're using Nvme
using as in "transferring shitton on data at max speed for long enough to heat up the chipset/VRMs up"
I doubt a single PCIe Gen3 X4 NVMe would do that ever
but running an overclocked CPU at load might heat up VRMs

>the idiot
X570
>the smart chad consumer
B450

>implying gayming fags will ever need it

>THE GIGACHAD
B350 or A320

Yeah, but I, not a gaming fag, need it. So, it's trash. Not worth a penny.

nobody expected a fucking blower to be quited
as much as I like amd cpus I hate how retarded they are with the gpu cooling

My biggest concern is to replace the fan when it fucking fails.

Inb4 lower end motherboards melt and fry just like in the Fx8xxx era

Guys, I need a reason to actually buy x570, currently have x370, what do

Is there a b450 itx/matx that will properly power a 3900x + PBO?

Look at buildZoids VRM analysis. He's saying that even the low end X570s trump high end x470s

Nope, get a x470 Taichi

No I'm gonna get an x570 mini itx now thanks for answering :^)

Won't handle the 3900X + PBO, that shit has 4 phase

Sounds fine to me. To all those who are complaining, you do plan on running your mobo within a case right? Once you close the side panels, sound should be nicely attenuated.

No it has 6 phases and buildZoids said it was better than the taichi

If you are making a budget machine then B450 makes sense. But my plan is to upgrade to a 16 core or more for the last gen of AM4 CPUs. All of the B450 boards have shit VRMs, while there are a good number of X470 boards with overbuilt VRMs that will be good for 16+ cores overclocked. Going to keep watching the price of the Asrock Taichi x470, has a $40 CAD rebate till end of July. If it drops when x570 and the 3000 series launches I will pull the trigger. Gigabyte Gaming 7 is also an option.

Apparently taichi has an awful bios, maybe for the price of a high end x470 you could get a cheap x570 since most of them got an upgraded VRM.

If you mean the Crosshair VIII impact it's 4+2 not 6, 4 phase Vcore is low for an OC'ed 3900X (although 70a per phase makes it less so but thee thermal constraints a SFF build might counteract that ) and certainly doesn't beat 12 phase Vcore which is what you get on a Taichi even if each individual phase is worse.

I have heard that in the buildzoid videos, but I don't see myself fucking around with BIOS after getting my moderate OC stable. The only thing I am worried about is if Asrock does not enable Ryzen 5000? on the board in 2021 or 2022.

Going to wait and see about x570. If I can make the chipset passively cooled by disabling PCIe 4.0 then I will definitely go that way. My build is very quiet with all Noctua Fans and a hybrid GPU. It would be a piss off to have some shitty chipset fan ruin that.

>youtu.be/7xL0Jn5med0?t=622
Jesus

Depending on how adventurous you feel maybe you can rig the chipset cooling to use one of the small noctua that doesn't make any noise even at full speed.

I was thinking about that, but I also have autism about the aesthetics of my build. Just have to wait till reviews come out to figure out what the best choice will be.

LIFTOFF

get a x470 you don't want shit vrms to kill your cpu

>I still haven't seen it confirmed that the chipset will only get hot if you're using Nvme

thats the only POSSIBLE way for the damn chip to get hot you moron by running raid 0

>if you manually force fans to 100% they're loud

Attached: laffut.jpg (1175x715, 66K)

Will 3600 run on B450? Will I be able to OC?

yes, Ryzen 7 will be fine at stock and mild OC.

>100%
>didn't watch the vid
at 40% it's already annoying

It’s loud well below 100%.
Keep coping.

Wake me up when they have fanless motherboard coolers for less than $750.

ever heard of this thing called a heatsink

Apparently none of the X570 manufacturers have.

What happens if you set it to never run above a low percentage and you don't overclock any components?

>not buying a x570 boards without fans
buy a x470 instead poorfag.

That'll last for about a month before the wear starts to set in and it gradually gets louder even at low rpm.

Thunderbolt on AMD chipset.

Utter bullshit.

I want to buy a 3600X and a X470 (MSI Gaming Pro) Mainboard. Do i need a BIOS updae?

manufacturers have forgotten how to make a decent heatsink. They now make them thin and flat alu surfaces covered by a few kg of plastic. It's embarassing how bad it has become.

The chipset fan will start spinning (and even then - ONLY below 50% RPM, it'll NEVER get to the 60+ % that the OP's video implies. Those are literally artificially created case scenarios, nonexistent in real life) only and ONLY when a PCI-e 4.0 enabled x4 NVMe SSD is being put on the board and WHILE it's being hammered at 100% load for at least 1 full minute (which, considering that PCI-e 4.0 SSDs already showing to have read and write speeds of 5+ GB, is a very unlikely/unrealistic scenario. Even if you'd be writing 200+ GB of data in a single chunk on a 512 model of such an SSD, that thing will fly and complete everything in SECONDS, nowhere close to the 1 minute threshold for the chipset's fan to start kicking in AT ALL). That video is basically a FUD, because it doesn't represent at all an everyday typical usage case for 99.82% of all consumer-tier configurations out there (and AM4 platform is exactly that). Moreover, there are already X570 motherboards started appearing which don't have a chipset fan at all, so the fan is literally just an "early adoption measure" just in case, manufacturers essentially did it on first X570 boards simply only as an insurance, not as a necessity. It's like with unnecessary overvolting of RX and Vega cards, which can actually operate much cooler and can consume way less energy than was was meme'd out.

>intcel kikes btfo by their own shilling attempt
Do they think that no one will actually check their sources? Or do they think that everyone who cehck their sources are just as much if a tech illiterate pajeet as them?

>the gentlemen sipping fine wine
X370

Overclocking should have little to do with the fan. It will be triggered by routing data through the PHC, the buses without direct access to the CPU (addition PCIe slots after GPU 1 slot (or 2 if 8x/8x), USB, Sata, Ethernet, second M.2 slot, ect). Would figure 90% of users only want PCIe 4.0 for NVMe slot and maybe GPU slot in the future, both of which have direct access to CPU. So there should be bios options to prevent the fan from being needed.

Nvme gets 100c hot under load.
youtube.com/watch?v=3hhdWwvh5kI

Msi b450 itx can handle a overclocked 3950x. It's almost got the vrms of x570 (6x60 amps). The next runner-up the Asus 470 itx is 33% weaker

To bad the audio chip is garbage

does the video have db measuring or is it just a mic next to the fan (which is not at all representive of how it is in real life)

fuck off with your nazi propaganda

--> .

>motherboard has fan to optionally cool chipset
>it's somehow amd's fault
ok laddie

>*optional fan

>can't read
ok retard

>x570 has to be cooled because it's an AMD chiplet
>somehow AMD doesn't have anything to do with that

we don't know yet (until reviews drop) whether it needs to be cooled by a fan
keep shilling though

The cooling is optional, but the fan itself is optional too, you dumb fuck. Read .

>state in my initial post that cooling the chipset is optional
>DUHH YOU RETARD READ THE PART WHERE IT SAYS THAT COOLING THE CHIPSET IS OPTIONAL
your reading comprehension level: 0

>whether it needs to be cooled by a fan
It doesn't, if it has decent enough (as in - anything at all) passive cooling.

Off yourself, you illiterate moron.

If a fan was optional they wouldn’t have it.

It’s required.

Read , you dumb fuck.

cool story bruh

Attached: 1561749698865.jpg (719x568, 152K)

You can tell that the russian shitstain amdrone is ITT.

>no source
Fuck off

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

> low end x570
BZ's delusional, by low end he means 150-200$ because x570 boards are gonna be expensive.

>posts totally unrelated graph of a statistic that's offset by the L3 cache.
>tested from a gimped beta bios.

How is it unrelated? You can either buy the $500 motherboard with expensive memory and a loud fan and get slightly less shit-tier performance or you can get a normal motherboard and all your apps will run like shit. Those are literally your only two options.

anandtech.com/show/14432/gigabyte-unveils-it-s-flagship-x570-aorus-xtreme-16-phase-for-ryzen-3000
Kys unironically. No, like, really - slit your wrist right this very instant.

AAAAHHHH JUST GIVE ME A FUCKING PASSIVE COOLER SO THE EXCELLENT CASE AIRFLOW CAN TAKE CARE OF IT

>MSRP of $600
That's like your annual pay, right ivan?

>mic stuck next to the fan, outside of the case and it gets loud over 50%

At 60% my GPU fan gets loud, at 100% its very loud, and 30% it's whisper quiet. I've never seen it go over 30%( about 1200rpm) even at full furmark donut of death load with temps under 75.

This may be similarly overbuilt. The chipset consumes 11W compared to x470 which is at 6W. I don't see why it wouldn't work even with the fan off with a decent heatsink.

>I don't see why it wouldn't work even with the fan off with a decent heatsink.
It will. There are high end boards with passive cooling. Motherboard manufacturers are just cheap fucks and sticking a 2 cent fan on there is more cost-effective than a proper heatsink.

Nice backpedaling and goalpost moving, imbecile.

>$600 for passive cooling
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF AYYMDFAGS

you now know the chipset is made with defective CPU IO dies and AMD could have designed more efficient chipsets if they wanted

What backpedalling, it's $600, not $500. You should value $100 as you live off that much for 2 months in your shithole country.

Its a speaker you stupid dumb intelshill AAAAAAAAAAAA

>$600
>dual channel ram

Attached: trashman6.png (778x1018, 591K)

>DURRRRR, THERE ARE NO PASSIVE COOLED X570, THE FAN IS REQUIRED!
>There are already passive cooled X570, you dumb fuck. The fan is a literal "option" used just in case, even though .
>DEEEEEERRRRPPPP, NO SOURCE, SO YOU LIE!
>Here's an example, you dumb fuck.
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, I TROLL U, 600 BURGERS, AYYMDFAGS, UR A RETARD, NOT ME! NOT MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!11

Attached: 1552594022716.png (1080x1920, 405K)

Passive cooling might aswell work on the lowest end board on normal load, just turn the fan off. it's just an extra 5 watts. Intlel shills blowing this out of proportion

>Dude just buy a $600 motherboard XD

KEEP COPING AYYMDPOORFAG

Someone call an ambulance. The r*ssian tard is out of krokodil.

/thread based lainposter

>FANS ARE REQUIRED I SAID!!!11
>THERE ARE NO PASSIVE COOLED X570 I SAID!!!11

samefag

Attached: 53534954h.png (200x200, 4K)

>this dual-channel $600 motherboard has passive cooling! Intel BTFO!!

exactly, it's not like the reason it's 600 is because its passive, it can be implemented on a $100 board