How do I connect an active subwoofer and powered bookshelf speakers to my pc...

How do I connect an active subwoofer and powered bookshelf speakers to my pc? My speakers (Edifier 1280b) have no sub out. From what I understand connecting to the sub out in my soundcard is not the ideal solution because it will only receive LFE and not stereo input. Should I buy a receiver?

Attached: edifier speakers.jpg (1200x1064, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/sadko4u/lsp-plugins/releases/tag/lsp-plugins-1.1.7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What sub. You may be able to use the L speaker out running cables first from the speaker to the sub then the sub to the other speaker. Other than that, get an amp.

Depends on your subwoofer, but you could potentially use this method in pic. You would have to adjust the volumes and the frequency for the passover on your subwoofer. These speakers also have optical input so you could connect through that and your subwoofer in the green jack (I don't know if this would work, though, because I never tried it).

Attached: 2891784.png (1115x596, 174K)

why would you run a sub with stereo?
low freq is only mono

>connecting to the sub out in my soundcard is not the ideal solution because it will only receive LFE and not stereo input
LFE is all your sub needs, dummy.

then why the subwoofer has stereo inputs?

To make both of the channels come out of the sub retard

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not talking about LFE signal for movies and games. I'm talking about sources that doesn't have LFE signals. I want the my expensive sub to conver the stereo sound into mono. The sub/out port in pcs only give an lfe signal. It's just a complement.

You can use Equalizer APO to copy the 2 front channels to sub channel (or both sub and center if your sub wants stereo) so you will use the output jacks in your sound card instead of Y splitters .
While you're there, you can use it to have a perfect matching frequency cut.
There's a way to use Equalizer APO settings on Linux, too, but I don't know how. Can someone explain how and if this works?
github.com/sadko4u/lsp-plugins/releases/tag/lsp-plugins-1.1.7

Attached: eqapo.png (614x441, 37K)

Also, some active subwoofers integrate an active and adjustable crossover to use for front channels amplified signal. My old ass Energy has got it but I've never used it, newer Energy ones don't have it anymore.

Add these lines to ~/.config/pulse/daemon.conf
enable-lfe-remixing = yes
lfe-crossover-freq = 120
>inb4 systemd
Easy peasy.

Attached: stupid f155733568.jpg (1776x2000, 378K)

buy a Midas XL8

Attached: 5f85bbcbe9a8b2b7414b2b2cbc6fe4c6.jpg (2500x2500, 839K)

Yes, I do feel stupid, I did not know about that.
But why such useful options are not shown in some GUI sound settings?

>LFE is all your sub needs, dummy.
Imagine being this dumb and calling other people dumb.

Should have gotten the 1850DB desu

That worked great, thank you. I didn't know about this software

Too late now :(

the first step is throw your edifiers in the trash buy literally any passive speakers from your local cragislist equivalent and basic stereo amp. then if you still desire some bass you can consider subwoofer.

Speaker thread? Just bought these. Waiting for shipping confirmation.

Attached: sr1pb_lft_1_ng_hr.jpg (527x752, 37K)

With a 3.5mm jack

Thinking about purchasing pic related (A$199 each). I wanted to get a Micca OriGen G2 for it but they don't ship over here. Any other nice alternatives?

Attached: mkii305-pair_r.jpg (700x460, 42K)

>199 each
I recommend these instead. 229 for pair, then you can pair them up with amp of choice. Mine have treated me phenomenally.

Attached: Wavecrest_HVL-1.jpg (960x670, 61K)

they don't ship to AUS .........

Attached: .png (197x82, 2K)

Maybe shoot them an email? I didn't even think that they wouldn't ship out of states. But shipping to AUS would probably be murder.

Ultimately this is the only solution OP has.

Good work user.

Presonus E4.5
100 a pair, good stuff. been using them for a year, barely use my stereo anymore