install dwm

BSPWM is better.

cringe tryhard
simply wrong

i3 is the best wm out of the box

just install sway compositor instead

That's a weird way to spell openbox.

> not using blackbox, the last true window manager

Every other tiling window manager is a subset of xmonad. If you want tiling, there is zero reason to use anything else (except possibly stumpwm or ratpoison). It can effectively emulate every other tiling wm thanks to the contrib repo, while also being more "suckless" than dwm itself, which is so fucking bloated it forces its useless meme statusbar on you, while requiring a mess of patches for """customization"""

yes
wrong, get good

How do I accomplish the same thing as the dwm cropwindows patch on Xmonad?

>remove bar from source
>don't install functionality you don't need
>bloated

BSPWM can't be emulated using i3.
The latter is only useful if you need the built-in tabs.

how do people use laptops without tiling/keybinds?

>tiling window manager in a world where majority of graphically-enabled software is based around the keyboard-mouse workflow.
Gnome desktop paradigm is the only one which was designed sensibly with aforementioned in mind.

Even when designed around mouse and keyboard, most software still manages to more efficient with only keyboard if you just take a few minutes to set some sane keybindings.
That's just how inefficient the mouse is.

mouse usage on laptops is dreadful

how is xmonad different from stumpwm (besides the source language)?

Why yes I use xfwm, how could you tell?

Attached: mousechad.png (474x1328, 237K)

Use a proper DE retard

Using the keyboard is *often* more efficient, but that doesn't mean the mouse doesn't have its place.
Insisting on avoiding it all the time is stupid.

Kwin and openbox are better.

Can I make Openbox behave like i3?

i3 is a processor dumbass

Its even harder to watch people code on a laptop without keybindings. Constantly using the godawful trackpad. Even worse I see so many people disregarding their keyboardclit.

But then call me retarded for using neovim.

/thread

I use i3 why should I switch to any of these?

Use KDE and gtfo of Jow Forums.

>KDE

utter trash

You shouldn't if you are ok with i3.

I prefer BSPWM due to the way it manages windows. It's similar to Herbstluft in that you preselect where the new window will spawn relative to the current one.

Plus, it's the most "Unix way" WM out there as it only manages windows. You control it with external keyboard daemon of your choosing.

>KDE
Based

Imagine being a ganoo loonix shitter that needs to try different DEs and window managers to see which one is less shit.

Attached: pajeet.jpg (474x266, 26K)

Some are better than others, but I haven't experienced a Linux desktop environment that was worse to use than Windows.

Sway is better.

Is it literally i3, but with wayland and tidier code? And I can just throw my existing i3 config at it? Sign me up

Sway is better than i3, Xorg is not needed in managing input events and composition.

yes, i3 config and i3 blocks are compatible in sway

Will mpv and shit like that work in wayland?

ok, tell me how to do the following in sway and i may switch

>hide a window using a shortcut with a particular name preset by you.
>if name not set up you can set it up by hovering over the window and pressing a shortcut

I agree and everyone using i3 is a intelligent, good looking, high test bro and excellent programmer.

bro just use KDE and call it a day

workspace_layout tabbed
hide_edge_borders both

>Sway is better than i3

that's a meme for those that don't know

KDE Plasma is the best DE/ window manager, and Dolphin is the best file manager. It's not 1990 anymore.

what if i told you you're all using it wrong

Attached: 1535971086413.jpg (240x202, 8K)

pray tell what is using it right?

spbp

>i3 is the best window manager

Attached: 1554751547353.gif (320x240, 1.47M)