Give me one good reason any other editor should exist

give me one good reason any other editor should exist

Attached: Vimlogo.svg.png (1200x1202, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/HerringtonDarkholme/Vim--Monokai-Terminal
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

looks like you posted the vim logo instead of the emacs logo
easy mistake to make

evil mode

Why doesn't the Jow Forums reply post box use vim bindings?

*blocks your path*

Attached: 400px-Gedit-logo-clean.svg.png (400x222, 41K)

What's a good lightweight editor? When I run two Node servers at the same time my PC freezes in combination with VS Code. I've been doing my project in the Ubuntu Text Editor for a while now.

>inb4 get more ram

>easy mistake to make
Maybe, if you're a emacs user

>When I run two Node servers at the same time my PC freezes in combination with VS Code.
the absolute state of the javascript ecosystem

vi, nano, mg, ed

vim is good stuff its top 2 for me, top 1 is emacs.

Where can I find a good monokai vim colorscheme adjusted for color terminals? I want this greenish-look.

Attached: monokai.png (1000x557, 58K)

It's 2019 and editors have long surpassed vim in every way possible? The only good thing now days about vi/vim is you can always count on it being installed, otherwise it's a dinosaur. Even the original programmer can't believe people still use it (fact)

jesus JS is just getting more comical from the sidelines.

download emacs it has it

>and editors have long surpassed vim in every way possible
Show me a modern editor that starts up in less time than vim does.

Anything terminal-based, or if you require a GUI,I quite like mousepad, the xfce editor.

neovim

now you know how the users of your garbageware feel

vimscript.

Attached: ifonlyyouknew.jpg (667x593, 57K)

I don't need 200 lines of vim config to get features that just work out of the box in other editors and better.

vimscript looks like shit smeared on a wall and learning an API+abhorrent scripting language for changing some simple settings or behaviors with questionable reliability is for people who escape from becoming better people in real life by fucking around with some shitty config files and plugins to the point of trance-inducing state. worthless timesink.

>give me one good reason any other editor should exist
protecting sub human rights - lgbt faggots, handicapped people and emacs users should have an alternative editor, suitable for them

Are the "you don't need vim because emacs has evil mode" the same guys who say "you don't need GNU/Linux because it's in the windows10 app store" ?

This is a better editor than vim

Attached: 2011_04_12.jpg (397x678, 284K)

I think you have to spend far too much time with plugins and configs if you want to use it as a dedicated, main IDE-style editor. Shit, even youcompleteme is a major fucking hassle to install, especially if you don't have full control of your environment (i.e work situations).

I love it for general script writing, ssh shit, and poking around in servers. When I need to have a shitton of files open at a time I use VSCode, and for a specific programming language it's hard to beat an IDE dedicated to that language, bloat aside.

fighting about a text editor. the absolute state of Jow Forums

The only one I could find so far.
github.com/HerringtonDarkholme/Vim--Monokai-Terminal

There exist stupid people.

Deoplete is far easier to install.

if youre on nvim, coc (no homo) is really easy to setup as an alternative to ycm

>give me one good reason any other editor should exist
I am straight, not a vimuser.org