Serious Linux distributions

Jow Forums what are some non posed yet easy to use Linux distros ?

Since Debian went full faggot what are the alternatives ? Slackware ? OpenSUSE ? Fedora ? You name it.

Attached: debian_faggot.png (200x282, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntu.com/community/code-of-conduct
slackware.com/install/softwaresets.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

slackware is the least tranny distro ever since its basically a dictatorship of one white dude

After the Linux CoC debacle I tried OpenBSD
>Easy install (just keep pressing enter)
>Minimal base system; 33MiB RAM
>Secure by default
>Friendly and helpful community
>Clean system
>Simple network configuration
>Generally kinda slow
>MTP is horrible
>Fewer packages vs Linux
>Fewer drivers
>Less online docs vs Linux, but much better manpages
>No vidya
Bit of a mixed bag but a positive experience overall; I'd recommend giving it a try if your hardware's supported

Attached: 1561471636259.png (600x579, 271K)

Yes how is the package management though ? Is it to pain without automatic dependencies resolution ? I don't need to install many programs anyway

Dilate OS

Debian based Netrunner just werks for me

I've looked into BSD's but haven't fell for the meme (yet). I'm looking for something quite lightweight since it would be running on T61. I've had good experiences with Lubuntu, but I don't really like the new LXQT version

If you're looking for an anti-LGBT distro, you're gonna have a hard time finding one.

The version based on Arch looks interesting (and I'm not a arch fan), plus corporate Linux distros are less likely to become posed

Not even looking for an "anti-lgbt" distro, just a distro that doesn't have any anti-harassment team that removes packages because it has "boobs" in it.

Notice how the corporate distros keep gimping themselves, ubungo, debian, redhat/fedora.
Arch is based, run by autists for autists, great for desktop since it's not milked by some cloud company.

Attached: vrl.png (2167x1200, 2.37M)

Could ubuntu be the most chad-like distro as it was what terry davis used to create his Temple ?

my pp hardie

ubuntu.com/community/code-of-conduct
They're completely cucked if you care about that political shit but Terry used it during a time before the CoC

Stop this shitty meme, chad uses Stacy, not computers.

True
To me the are is not really KISS, like the fact the fact that they don't have an installer is retarded imho, it keeps it simple for the dev not for the user, they are too lazy to maintain one. Void is much better in that regard.

The real Chad doesn't give a shit about what OS he uses as long as it works well, 'cause he uses his computer to do actual stuff.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1477444712694.png (491x404, 266K)

Arch

Attached: It's_All_So_Tiresome.png (1022x731, 643K)

start your own debian distro and re-add the boobs packages if you want
there are 1000s of bugs and other broken shit in debian you could have complained about but you chose to get mad about them removing a childish joke?

>there are 1000s of bugs and other broken shit in debian
That's exactly the point, there are many broken thing in the distro and yet they spend their time and resources removing packages over their names.

but that's exactly wrong because the reason the package was removed is because the DD didn't have enough time to deal with upstream's bullshit
it could be re-added if someone stepped up and took the time to work with upstream to get it to an acceptable state

It sounds harder than it is.

People think "aghhhh no automated dependencies" but then after doing it a couple of times you realise it's fucking easy and better. I can't go back to automated dependencies now.

Slackbuilds.org makes things easy by listing which depends you need [if any] and linking to them.

I literally can't take Debian seriously after this.

Void

Ok thanks that was my only concern about this distro :-)

Same for me but I guess that's the way it is for pretty much everything nowadays -> welcome to clown world

Pleasure, feel free to AMA else about the distro. I'm not an expert, but I've been running it for a couple of years [stable and current branches] on multiple machines.

I've used Void before, I gotta say I was kinda impressed with it, it's really fast, installation is super easy, works pretty much outside of the box, community is helpful, doc is not great but you can use the arch wiki instead.

As far as I know you can choose what package you want during the installation process so as to make the install as minimal as possible ?
I gotta say I really like the slackware website, it really has no "BS web 1.0" feel

>As far as I know you can choose what package you want during the installation process so as to make the install as minimal as possible ?

This is true, software is generally divided into 'sets' as per here:

slackware.com/install/softwaresets.php

If you choose the full install you still get to choose which sets you want. For instance, I never select 'KDE'. For most users the FULL install is recommended. It's about 10GB so I would recommend a 30GB / partition. But with disk sizes being what they are these days, 30GB shouldn't be an issue for root.

If you choose 'expert install' you can choose every single package you want. But that is *literally* for experts. If you miss a library or two you might find yourself in a sticky place.

The Slackware website is very much 'no bs' as is the community. It's old school and its ethics haven't changed much since the '90s, even the ncurses installer is the same.

You have some highly intelligent users in the community. Slackware is not for stupid people. You'll find, if you migrate over, that the quality of conversation is directly proportional to the quality of the distro.

Who got jewed out by his merch company and almost became homeless

Go puppy Linux or porteus os

>Chad
>never banged physics girl

Honestly I was happy with OpenSUSE for a while except for the weird choice of filesystems and network manager that made the system boot slower (which can be easily switched so who gives a fuck really). I mean everything's pozzed these days, just find the least annoying thing or ignore a website. Or just don't contribute, very easy to do that.

Thank you very much user for the infos :-)

Well yeah Linux is pozzed to the core anyway so you might as well try to use a non pozzed distro to compensate x)

Solus, easy to use out of box, great package system, everything built from scratch so no reps on other distros

You're very welcome.

I'd cum in gentoo's mouth also shouldn't mandriva be dead?

Mandriva is dead. It's been replaced with Mageia as far as I know.

Just use Ubuntu like a normal person?

Replace Ubuntu with Mint and you're there.

Mint is the new Ubuntu and it's much better because at least it doesn't force updates on you.

Also Mint doesn't make fucking stupid decisions like Canonical does.

You're making the mistake of thinking that those resources are overlapping. A project contributor spending time on x won't necessarily start doing y even if they stop doing x.

>Is completely content with distro
Distro: LGBTQ people are ok
>GET THIS FAGGOT SHIT OUT OF MY DISTRO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They don't support 32-bit either.

What about NixOS ? I've seen people shilling for it on Jow Forums is it any good ?

Attached: nixos-hires.png (1346x392, 50K)

>systemd
>good

Attached: qwe_download.jpg (522x392, 28K)

CentOS and Fedora. Choose as your hardware is supported with the versions
/thread

You can say whatever you want about systemd but it werks (for now at least)

How much of a fucking snowflake are you for being triggered because of a logo? Jesus Christ, if it was devs, mantainers etc forcing this shit then yes you would be right but it's just a fucking public stunt done by a couple people I mean look at how bad the logo is. They didn't even care to make it look good.

not him but I found bugs like making apt hang and not stopping some daemons and whatnot hanging itself

>search thread
>no recommendations for openSUSE
what the fuck is wrong with you all
take the geckopill, fren

A stop job is running on my patience for systemdick.

Well the only problem I have had in years with systemd is the stop job running for network one but it's usually quite easy to fix

arch desu
just werks

Puppy runs better in my machine.

Gentoo

Do you remember how to fix that?

I remember reading years ago about some guy who just installed pacman and it worked fine, it shouldn't be hard.

>Debian went full faggot
What did I miss?

Wasn't there some tranny from anti-harrasment team who went 41% recently?

I have pacman on my CRUX, weird.

No sorry I have not seen it a while, just google it

Posting this from a USB stick, I gotta say I'm quite impressed with Puppy Linux, it's really fast and lightweight (I know that's the point of the distro but still way lighter than Lubuntu)