Chairs are /technology/

Chairs are /technology/.

What do you sit in to code/game/work Jow Forums?
>Is your current chair comfortable?
>How do you feel after extended sitting periods?
>Do you have seperate chairs for work and comfort?
>What is the best sitting experience you've had?
>Do you have any back pain/physical requirements that are helped/hindered by certain chairs?

I've recently invested in a Steelcase Leap V2, and I've gotta say, it's surprsied me. I feel very supported but damn, the back and seat itself is very firm. I'm trying to find the correct adjustments for it to fit perfectly but I certainly feel it will take some time to get used to. I feel much more alert at my desktop, however, which is great.

Does anyone else use these chairs?

Attached: Leapv2.jpg (425x425, 12K)

Seated bump.

Ikea Marcus

It sucks.

I've been trying to find a new chair for three weeks now shit is impossible.

I have one of these I bought from a startup that died

It's amazing but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

Attached: embody.jpg (2500x2066, 1.36M)

That looks so much more comfortable than the Leap, but I'm on the fence about the mesh seating.

There are some pretty good refurb stores on eBay that sell branded furniture. Might be a good place to start.

I was thinking about getting a think or a leap, but i'm not sure which one.

Bought this for 300 dollars, the seat is the most comfortable I've ever had in an office chair. It's only fault is that there's not much adjustment of the seat and back rest independently from each other outside of the lumbar cushion.

Attached: seat.jpg (1200x1200, 114K)

It looks weird but once you sit in it for a couple hours you realize how amazing it is, it breathes well and is pretty easy to vacuum.

My main issue with the chair is the fucking arms. I'm used to having more solid arms so I put all my weight on them and popped the left one out of place. It's a pretty easy fix and the arm is technically still usable when it's popped out, it just flops around and doesn't lock. For a chair with a $1250 MSRP this is utterly ridiculous. I paid $675 for mine and I'm still mad about it even though it hasn't happened again. I kind of expect it to happen once a year though.

Despite all that the lumbar is excellent and the leg extension thing on the front is nice too.

Go to Craigslist, search the following individually:
Herman Miller
Steelcase
Knoll
Vitra
Haworth
Allsteel

I refurb and resell these brands, there are tons of parts on eBay and if you're willing to put in a little work you can get a really nice chair for 1/4 the price of retail or less.

Some chairs can be reupholstered fairly easily, especially older chairs from the 90s and early 2000s. My favorites to do this with are the Steelcase Criterion and some of the Allsteel chair models. Buy whatever fabric you like and a staple gun and go at it.

If you have the money to pay for a Think, you might as well save up further for a Gesture- it's orders of magnitude better and I'd say is much better than the Embody for less money.

Ikea Markus. 150 bucks. Armrests, mesh back, can lock the lean angle. Been using it for 6 months now and it's great.

Attached: ikea_markus_chair_3d_model_c4d_max_obj_fbx_ma_lwo_3ds_3dm_stl_1423901_o.jpg (1500x1500, 162K)

how tall is that backrest?

Headrests are bad for your posture.

So how do you deal with the cushion being worn at the back?
Its working every other place but the back as a butt rest. And at the back i am starting to feel the plastic material used to hold the frame together.

Good chair, probably the best in its price range

I have this one too but i took the arm rests off. Didn't use them and they got in the way while getting up and sitting down.

I have something of the exact same shape that was $100 from Office Max.

herman miller aeron

Attached: IMG_002201-1612x1209.jpg (1612x1209, 378K)

I recently bought a Leap V1 for about $250.

I like it. It's not as cozy as a manager's chair, but it'll outlast said manager's chair for decades.

what head rest is that??

i'm 176cm and the top of the headrest covers my whole head when i lean back.

How does the Gesture and the Leap line up against each other?

For me, it's the Secrelabs Titan black w/ suede.

Is that a K712? If so how are they?

DANK VAPE BRO, DOES IT CLOUD WELL?

>fixed, hard armrests
>back is straight as a board
yikes, I hope you don't sit in that for a prolonged time

here's the simple answer: just look for a mesh task chair from one of the office stores, I got one with plenty of adjustment for $100. if you have a lot of money get the aerons/steelcase etc. avoid anything with a fixed back or "leather"/solid material that doesn't let your ass breathe and will break down within a year

>yikes, I hope you don't sit in that for a prolonged time
i naturally sit straight when typing and lean back when watching something. so most of the time i don't even need a back rest.

I'm currently using my nightstand for chair bc mine broke and I'm to broke (ahahahah) to replace it

atlas headrest

yes. i like them a lot.

garunteed popcorn lung

I highly doubt this

I guess as long as you can adjust the lumbar far enough so that the headrest isn't always touching your head you should be okay.

Besides being more expensive, the main feature difference is the arm pivots, which is something I wish I had on my Embody- I can only sort of emulate it by changing the arm pitch.

I had a Gesture when I worked at GE and was amazed at how such a dumb sounding and looking feature as arm pivot actually improved how the chair felt. I'd say it's worth the extra money over the Leap. If you're dead-set on Steelcase you can't really go wrong with anything, as long as you don't get a Reply. They are utter trash.

>just look for a mesh task chair from one of the office stores, I got one with plenty of adjustment for $100. if you have a lot of money get the aerons/steelcase etc. avoid anything with a fixed back or "leather"/solid material that doesn't let your ass breathe and will break down within a year

Like I said above, you're better off getting a used Steelcase, Herman Miller, etc. from the late 90s or early 2000s than spending money on Chinese trash at Staples. I regularly buy Allsteels for like $40. And if you buy a name brand they are easier to find parts for if you do end up breaking it.

Having gotten business from a lot of companies that did exactly what you said, I can assure you that you'll just be spending another $100 a year or two later when the shitty Staples special wears out and maybe more on massages and stuff when your back is fucked.

Attached: pivot.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Not that comfortable but it breathes I suppose.
The back is great but the seat not so much. Hurts my sacral region after >12 hours but my bottom is fine weirdly enough. It got rid of 9/10 of my postures issues since I bought it last year. The armrests are great and overall the chair works, but $900 for it would probably be a terrible idea.

Attached: mirra-1_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 83K)

Attached: 81RNVevTE1L._SL1500_.jpg (1135x1500, 161K)

am I the only one here who just lays on bed with my laptop on his belly?

Yes you're the only manchild neet. Potentially a tranny with behaviors like that.

Is there a gaming chair for people with extra long torsos?
Sitting in normal ones is hell for me.

Attached: phelps13[1].jpg (362x500, 89K)

I have Leaps both at work and at home.
Can't complain.

>gayming chair
for what fucking purpose