My homie broke up with his GF and sold me his gaming PC in a depressive episode, 1 year of use (apparently)

My homie broke up with his GF and sold me his gaming PC in a depressive episode, 1 year of use (apparently)

> Nvidia GeForce 1080ti 11GB
> Intel i7-8700k
> Some fancy ass moboi
> 16GB Ram DDR4
> Water cooling
> 500gb M2 drive
> Also a 500gb SSD and 1TB HDD
> Water cooling, fancy NXZT case

Sold it to me for 1.2k

Did I fuck up or did I make a good deal?

Attached: 9780399594496_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg (263x406, 23K)

>Did I fuck up
yes
that's worth half

You did about average, not a good deal not a bad one.

The 1080ti alone is almost $600 give this man a break he basically paid market price

TWO water cooling?? thats awesome, dude

>Did I fuck up or did I make a good deal?
idk you basically sold your soul when you took advantage of your """homie"""

Water cooling is a pain in the ass.

Woops

You got THE top tier desktop build from last generation. Cost me about as much to make a 1080 build a few months back in a meshify C so yeah, you done good.

Would you sell it back to him if he asks? Feels kinda shitty

He developed an addiction to CS:GO and would be toxic about it and yell at his gf so no, I would not

This, fuck you OP

>CSGO
LOL dude could be back up and running on an APU build, fucking frame chasers taking all the ti's for no reason

I'm probably gonna get a VR headset for this as it is something I've always wanted to do but never had the horsepower to.

>taking a man up on an offer when he needs money more than a PC
OP did a good.

>advantage
His homie's fault for being a bitch nigga

1.2k is about right. I mean it's not an 'I took advantage price' it's a fair price. It's a beefy box.

Seems like a good deal, probably overkill graphics but it will last you a while

>toxic
You gotta go back faggot.

My friend sold me his gaming desktop last year because his girlfriend forced him to. Basically the same specs but no SSD (it does have an M2 drive though) and 32 gigs of RAM (which is total overkill). I also got his monitor but it's nothing special, just a regular 1080p affair. I got it for $1000 which was a bit below market, so $1200 seems like a decent amount as well.

Either way it was over a year ago, why do you care about it? The time to ask would have been before the sale took place.

This, how fucked is the OP. He recognizes his friend in a depressive episode and instead of providing help or support he just buys (probably his only) computer.

shut up faggot

So let me get this right. Dude sold his computer cause his "GF" made him. Uh how fucking dumb can you get. Dude shoulda told the girl to fuck off. How the fuck can the girl even make the dude do anything? They ain't married or nothing so telling the girl to hit the road is not a big deal. What's the motivation here? Pussy. Fuck that. There's tons of pussy out there dude.

I don't know if OP's homie is his best friend. But it my best friend was going through a breakup, was depressed, and asked me if I wanted to buy his gaming PC for $1.2k when I don't seem to know a ton about gaming computers, how much they are worth, and I'm guessing won't be using it to it's full capabilities like OP, I'd ask him if he just needs some cash.

Sounds more like this breakup up put OP's fiend in a shitty financial situation and he needed some help but was too proud to ask OP for a loan and instead offered to sell him something.

I'd like to think that I'd have read between the lines and just loaned him a grand to get him taken care of rather than taking his PC.