>wifi doesnt work
>find some random guy's adapters on github
>download from pc with connection
>move to connectionless pc
>extract zip to downloads
>cd ~/Downloads/Netgear
>make
>spits out an error midway through

make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'modules'. Stop.

>look it up online
>guy says I need updated kernels
>to update my kernels I need an internet connection

WHAT DO

Attached: help.jpg (1073x644, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rentry.co/manjaro-controversies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Install a non-meme distro instead.

>stop using one of the most popular recent distros
>use a nondescript, vague classification for a distro that I will give no examples for
very helpful

How about something with actual support, like fedora or ubongo, and not some meme zoomer distro?

Just go to Mint. Why would you install it before finding this out in a live session?

>ubuntu
garbage. Wont even consider it
>fedora
that was what I originally intended to put on this machine, actually. So I might do that instead. With that being said, it still doesn't address my issue, unless fedora has netgear drivers by default it makes no difference.

the internet worked in a live session, it stopped working after I had finished installing it.

Run live session first like other user suggested.

>install manjaro on 2011 era laptop
>everything just works
That was a pleasant surprise.

Meme as it's "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture (...)". That's why it's so popular lately.
It's a hobbyist distro, made by incompetent devs: rentry.co/manjaro-controversies

The same u did ? Get the kernel packages into the offline computer. Or use other connection

If you have an Android phone you can use USB tethering to connect to the internet.

see

When I look that up it says my phone needs to be rooted. Does it?
>says manjaro is a meme distro
>reccomends ubuntu instead

did fedora join the sjw linux movement? being corp i guess it did?

>Install Manjaro on T420
>Not only does everything werk, all the keyboard shortcuts for the T420 features work as well.

This.

Attached: tumblr_inline_mikynhflXQ1ryobfq.png (480x480, 99K)

install gentoo

No, it's available in the settings under WiFi & Internet > Hotspot & Tethering.

>Recommending shitty Ubuntu

>netgear adapter that's not supported
you're gonna have that problem on any distro, just go through all the github results for the driver you need and when you find one that actually works for you, bookmark that github cause you'll likely need it again at some point

I've also had that issue with my adapter. I just throw my drive in the computer with a wired connection and install the driver I need, and also you usually need to install some kernel headers if they don't automagically get installed when you update.