Why is America so technologically behind?

Why is America so technologically behind?

Attached: web-contactless.jpg (2048x1536, 354K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blikmobile.pl/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They don't have tap?

>They don't have tap?
Thy just recently got chip and pin, my dude

Everything was built in the 20s and 50s and no upgrades have happened since then

because trump tried to ban huawei

It just works™

It's a large place

That shit is insecure

and magnets aren't?

Change for the sake of change is counterproductive, especially if no one demands it
No one gave a single shit about chip and pin but it was forced on anyway
See Japan

How is that an excuse?

Why do Americans want to spend so much time queuing and waiting for other people to fiddle with their money? Is it the English heritage?

>Went to the US
>Literally swipe and sign to pay for everything

Absolutely no security

They didn't get bombed to shits in the 1940's so they're still stuck in the 1930's.
Same with Britain.

I use tap every fucking day here in America. I'm only replying to this bait in hopes that it shuts all you retards up.

Attached: 6016786D-8299-4A44-BAFF-2017C0264E54.jpg (251x242, 13K)

What about plugs that don't bend?

Attached: schuko4.jpg (800x596, 44K)

tap is far more secure than magnetic strips.

You can easily copy a magnetic strip, and criminal gangs did this "skimming" all the time to plunder entire accounts.

You cannot read the private key from a bank chip.
In theory you could make a temporary bridge and "pickpocket" 25 euro's at a time (or whatever the daily limit is), but AFAIK this has never actually happened yet.

>You cannot read the private key from a bank chip.
>In theory you could make a temporary bridge and "pickpocket" 25 euro's at a time (or whatever the daily limit is), but AFAIK this has never actually happened yet.
It's because a POS that charges over 10 consecutive nfc payments is required to ask a pin for next card

So you can steal at most 250€

Do you check the card reader port of every payment machine you use to ensure it's not being skimmed? The only security risk with tap is if you get close enough to another reader and even if that happens, the reader can't just complete a payment. It's more complicated than that.

Not everyone lives in a crowded shithole like London where the extra second to swipe a card would make a massive difference in wait time
Just some people’s inclination to be slow at everything they do causes a bigger issue than the method they pay with

works on my machine :)

>a POS that charges over 10 consecutive nfc payments is required to ask a pin for next card

Really?
I guess that's why my tap payment gets rejected occasionally.
I find it very annoying because it requires the cashier to press a button and she never pays any attention and usually doesn't even know what button to press so it ends up taking a very long time and several attempts to pay.

The possible tap exploit involves two guys with a mobile phone:

- One guy gets his phone in range of your bank card.
- The other guy hold his phone next to a point of sale.
- A data bridge between the phones makes the point of sale believe it's in range of the bank card when in reality it could be on the other side of the world.

It is quite hard to pull off though.
The possible earnings are also not that great (see )
And the stolen money can be tracked to the point of sale.

I'm European and my card doesn't have that.

I'm a Canadian person living and Spain, and both of these country have tap (contactless payment.) It saves us a lot of time, and is a bit more secure than magstrips.

Also I'm fairly sure many parts of the US have it too by now

The infrastructure is old decaying crap but it technically works. As long as it technically works nobody will upgrade despite it being safer and encrypted

What happened to that Amazon shop?
That was some promising technology IMO.
Did they ban it because it's "racist"?

>What happened to that Amazon shop?
>That was some promising technology IMO.
>Did they ban it because it's "racist"?

Actually yes
Court ruled it was unfair to cash only customers

>my card payment method is better!
>no, MY card payment method is better!!
Meanwhile Chads pay cash.

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

Amazon wanted it’s store to be cashless and only wanted electronic payments
The store can still exist in the way amazon wants it but it has to accept cash
It was claimed that Amazon was not allowing cash to keep undesirables out
I personally agree with the ruling just on the basis that cash is the only legal tender and if running a physical store front you should accept physical cash

We need to go back to swipe
>Swipe
>Put away card

>Chip
>Have to stand and wait
>Stay like that until it beeps at me
>Such a big ordeal compared to the previous system

To copy a magnetic strip, you have to have physical possession of the card. If the card is in my pocket, you can't do anything about it. If you pick my pocket, I'm going to shoot you, and then I'll have my card again, and you'll be lying on the ground in a pool of your own blood.

Meanwhile, RFID skimming is a thing.

Chip and pin is still better than magnetic strip, but wireless credit cards shouldn't be used here.

Wait, so chip isn't supposed to be the most advanced card tech? We just rolled it out like a few years back and I was told it was "cutting-edge"

>restricting the movement of your plugs
Why would the land of the free want that?

Attached: 1561828124108.gif (480x228, 263K)

DELET THIS

Attached: white female awaiting the black bull.jpg (484x240, 12K)

I pretty much use my phone or watch to pay for everything these days. Who even carries a card around?

>Yes goy buy everything electronically so we have total control of your life

Wow, America sounds based as fuck.

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 26K)

Where my blik czarnuchy at?

Attached: oryg426798.jpg (750x547, 147K)

It is. Contactless cards are a step down because they can be skimmed while they're in your pocket unless you have a special wallet or sleeve for them.

Why would I want Google, Apple, or Samsung to know what the fuck I'm buying?

It's not the tech
It's your slow ass connection to bank

Pin is instant in Europe

What is BLIK?

This. I mean I do keep a card for gas because I live in a full service state but otherwise who the fuck uses a card anymore.

Let's go one step further and ask why oldschool banks can't be as responsive as let's say N26?
Instant push notification on payment.

>Let's go one step further and ask why oldschool banks can't be as responsive as let's say N26?
>Instant push notification on payment.

My bank sends me sms
I turn off n26 notifications anyway

You have a 20 bucks limit for contactles payment though.

Apple doesn't even store transaction history on their servers so they don't know or care what I'm buying. I can't speak for Android phones though.

Get with the times grandpa. We're living in the future. This is the kind of shit old sci-fi movies made people dream about.

My dude, Go stores are alive and well. I went in one today.

I didn't say they didn't exist, I said that they can exist but if a state says they must take cash, they must take cash

>Apple doesn't even store transaction history on their servers so they don't know or care what I'm buying.
Lol imagine trusting their word

>My dude, Go stores are alive and well. I went in one today.
Why would you go to a store that monitors what you look at?

Repent, fucking Zoomer!

Attached: DSC_5269.jpg (3872x2592, 2.02M)

>credit/debit
Cringe
Monero, cash, gold. That's all you need.

Well, if they're lying then they know that I like to buy food at supermarkets. Big deal. Someone's going to know you bought something no matter what. Even if you just use paper cash, you still get recorded on camera and stored on some server somewhere where anyone who cares can see that you buy Cheetos and soda at 1am.

comfy payment system in a phone

blikmobile.pl/en/

How can I feed the amount to request from a computer to that Inenico IWL250 device ?

Attached: axis_intro.jpg (924x576, 91K)

So you don't get electrocuted and fucking die

Shouldn't be a problem here in the Netherlands.
We have more stores that don't accept cash.

>anyone who cares can see that you buy Cheetos and soda at 1am.
Do you know that they run algorithm on this and can extrapolate if you're gay, who you vote for etc. Just by patterns?

>RFID skimming is a thing.

Bank cards don't use RFID.
They use a chip with a processor inside, and a private/public key pair to let retailers identify the card without ever giving out the private key.

on what? picture must be unrelated of course.

>using the plastic card jew
I pay everything in cash.

That's interesting but not really relevant to me.

>Meanwhile Chads pay cash.
I don't see anyone but minorities and literal boomers in bumfuck nowhere pay in cash.

paying cash in a cucked financial system is literally retarded when all those good goy credit users get 0%, no yearly fees plus rewards for using a card. enjoy paying the 2-3% troll toll that credit card users usually get back though cuck.

They technically do but you can't drink water from it because you'll die. That's why they buy so much bottled water.

>be American
>have a wallet full of cashback credit cards

>be European
>use a gay debit card

Attached: 1555647310743.png (470x480, 124K)

This. Credit cards are a scam.

I own two credit cards before someone replies with "lol poor" or some stupid shit like that. But I use them as little as possible. Enjoy your debt slavery.

And you're fine with people being able to just steal $20 from your pocket whenever they feel like it?

Obsolete with NFC phones.

all payment methods are.

those shitty chips are all triple des shitshows that could be broken easily using power analysis and pin harvesting or simply bypassing the pin is trivial.

just fucking have the issuer send you notifications on successful transactions and take action. wasting time on security of payment systems is pointless as long as they are critically flawed.

Consider the following:

>Use a cashback credit card or rewards credit card
>Pay down balance in full at end of every month, thus paying $0 in interest
>Buy exactly the same things you would have paid for in cash
>Factoring in rewards, you have spent less each month than you would have if you used cash

Literally never happened.

Attached: discarded.jpg (680x680, 72K)

>cashback

We don't pay CC fees to begin with.

Cash aint free.

Banks and businesses charge you for it, in other ways. Printing it, transporting it, handling it etc is not something they do out of the goodness of their hearts.

They can't "steal" it, only charge to their bank account as a payment. It's pretty trivial to file a crime complaint, get your money back, and jail the 1337h4xx0r- wannabe. That, and a simple tinfoil sleeve will protect your card from unauthorized access, they even sell wallets with metalized credit card compartment.

For you.

Lmao you retard

use a debit card if you have such little self control moron.

I do that, my credit card has rewards, if I see something related with what I want to buy I use it. Otherwise I pay cash.

Cash is king. At least where I live you can even sometimes negotiate a discount when paying cash. (ie. Getting your card fixed by the mechanic)

Cashback is a system in which, the CC companies give you points for your purchases. Let's say you spend $40,000 with your credit card, you'll get 40,000 points. Every point is like a penny so if you redeem your 40000 points, you get $400 cash value. If you've been paying your credit card off in full the whole time, then it's a free $400. It can be a trap if you don't pay off your cc in full every month but if you do, it's quite nice.

>could be broken easily using power analysis and pin harvesting or simply bypassing the pin is trivial.

Yet nobody has ever demonstrated this.

Meanwhile CC fraud is a huge thing.
And skimming was a huge thing back when we still used magnetic strips, then magically disappeared the instance we switched to "insecure" chips.

Just because you don't understand technology doesn't mean it's bad.

Seethe.
How much in debt are you goyim?

Attached: serveimage.png (1159x665, 183K)

I know how it works.

It's a scam: the shopkeepers have to pay the CC companies a huge fee, they replay that fee to the customers, and the customers get half of that fee back from the CC company while sucking their dick for only taking half their money.

>credit score
>Americans literally have a good goy points system

And with cash you pay the full scam

>> Cashier at some shitty fast food joint.
Here in the US of A, we have slide, pin, chip, and tap (RFID) that works with Apple Pay, Android Pay, and PayPal. It's just that customers don't utilize it very often. Ive seen some Millennial College kids use it, mostly Apple Pay though... fags. So don't think we don't have it.

i use my samsung watch to pay everywhere i go using nfc.

btw, it really doesn't matter when you're using monopoly money anyway and if you pretend that the euro is any more real than the US dollar you are only fooling yourself

None you fucking retard. Enjoy not being able to buy a car or a house you neet LMAO

>3 whatever currency is this banknote
Why?How does it even make sence?Is there a 7 "whatever currency this is" banknote?For what purpose?

Attached: 1539274236913.jpg (400x400, 63K)

>i don't know what a debit card in so i'll hit him with the flavor-of-the-month buzzword

Attached: pepe_meme'd[1].jpg (803x688, 141K)

Only in America.

In Europe CC fees are either much lower (and in line with other payment methods) or the shop will charge extra for using a card.

>mfw Americans used pagers until 2007

>eurofats will never know the joy of autistically micromanaging credit cards for cash back/points

almost feel bad for you

Attached: 1561414648083.jpg (960x720, 185K)

>Implying you can buy a house or a car with a credit card
Are you retarded or were you dropped as a child?

By the way,
I am not a NEET.
I have no debt. I own three houses (I inherited two) and a car.

Cope harder.

Attached: 1548604462411.png (2048x1111, 1.68M)

The thread topic is about credit cards, I never mentioned debit you autistic fuck.