/Spg/ smartphone general

Mi A3 master race Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 1561788438370.jpg (675x900, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/blackberry-hits-pause-on-annual-phone-upgrade-trend/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

$200
go

Xiaomi Remdi Note One Plus 7

give me some good simple games to play on the train

Is there anything else coming out soon that could rival it.

DS emulator
Pokemon Black 2

Does ChinkPlus 7 pro include a dongle in the box?

Does anyone know of a lock-screen that displays the set alarm time?

I am compulsively checking if I set my alarm before bed and it takes so long to go into the alarm application. My old Sony Xperia Ion had this, but this Samsung Galaxy S6 doesn't have it on the default lock-screen. I could of course download a bunch of applications for lock-screens, but thought someone already knows some.

Fuck. Work sent me to a place where only Verizon works. I have a Oneplus 3t and ATT currently but doesn't get cell service here.

Any recs for a phone that works with Verizon bands with a headphone jack, preferably not a pixel recommendation?

nope

>jesus fuck I hate iphones
>what’s the best iphone clone I can get right now?

If I have a carrier locked phone (ATT) and want to outright buy a new one how does that work? Do I just pop my ATT SIM into the new unlocked phone and it "just werks" or do I need to take it to the store. They're both the same SIM size

any chance the Blackberry Key 3 comes out this year, or should I just get the Key 2

sub-$500: Pixel 3a / 3a XL is your best option
over $500: Any of the Galaxy S10-series phones

>just pop my ATT SIM into the new unlocked phone and it "just werks"
yup

Well shit. Might be stuck with those then. I was hoping there was some under the radar chinkphone that could be bought in the US that verizon bands work with but all I'm really seeing are things sold outside of the US.
And to be honest I use straight talk (I'm cheap) and just need something for that. I hate the idea of giving all my info straight to google but I guess I don't really have a choice. Might see if my job offers discounts on certain phones or will buy me one since I work all over the place despite being corporate. It'd be my luck they'll just cheap out and get walkie talkies or some shit.

>I was hoping there was some under the radar chinkphone that could be bought in the US that verizon bands work with
there are (Mi Mix 2s, Mix 3, OP7 Pro for example), it's just that none of them have headphone jacks

>Zenfone 6 STILL not announced for US
>Literally has a model listed with US only bands
FUCKING WHY!?

Attached: 1508302254053.jpg (768x768, 93K)

any phone i can just use as a small tablet?

around 100-200
ideally 6-7 inch screen
dont care about camera meme
long battery life
large internal storage

basically gonna use it as a music/video player, web browser and the occasional game

Those work with the LTE bands but not the CDMA, which might be the real issue. Hard to tell since literally no one here has Sprint yet the map says they have roaming coverage. I didn't want to buy a LTE based phone just in the event that's the main issue. I'll see if I can contact the guys who do connection for the site though. There's supposed to be an ATT tower but that shit hasn't worked in the three years it's been here.

Any Sony phones worth considering? Regardless of the price range, I'm curious about how they fare against competition.

Redmi Note 7

>Those work with the LTE bands but not the CDMA, which might be the real issue.
it's shouldn't be an issue, Verizon is literally shutting down their whole CDMA network at the end of this year, there's several LTE-only phones that are Verizon certified. Also, not sure about the Oneplus, but I'm pretty sure Mi Mix 2s/3 DO support Verizon's CDMA too.

Sony phones are the best phones, but expensive

Mi Max 3

Why the fuck is it so big???

Apple created the rectangular shape? i did not knew.

Huh, first I've heard of that. I'll look into the phones you've mentioned then. I can do a quick search and see they use some of the same LTE bands so I'll look into some options and see which one is the best. Thanks man.

Few things you gotta know about using the Mi Mix phones on Verizon:
1. Verizon will not activate Xiaomi phones on their network, you will need to first activate the SIM in a Verizon approved phone, and then switch it over to the Mi Mix
2. Get a "Global version" Mi Mix 2S/Mix 3 model, they're the only ones with all the necessary bands. Chinese Version won't do (band 13 is missing).

OP7 Pro on the other hand is a Verizon certified phone so you don't need to do any of that to get it working.

that's what she said

Looking through phones with all LTE bands that work on Verizon towers, what about the Ulephone Armor 3? It seems to have everything and seem fairly resistant with decent specs. Not 48MP 3x True zoom but not bad for the price.
Is it just some chink memephone or is it actually pretty decent? I've had a few situations where my phone broke because of stuff I needed to do and just started taking it out of my pocket for anything that seemed strenuous.

>shopping for the k20
Line reads:
>This is Chinese Version with global rom, it may not support google pay, please notice it before order.
3 Lines later:
>Yes, it is Global Rom, support Multi-Language, Google play and OTA.

Well, which fucking one is it then. Fucking chinks.

Never happened my gay and homosexual friend. Fuck off back to pride.

how do i get an idea of the lineageOS support for a given phone?
is it hard to be sure of ROM quality if there's only an unofficial build?

>chinese version with global rom
>global rom
sounds like it has the global rom but because it's the chinese hardware they won't guarantee it

You don't know the difference between Google Pay and Google Play?

cnet.com/news/blackberry-hits-pause-on-annual-phone-upgrade-trend/
No clue

Almost pulling the trigger on a samsung a50. How good is it with Google stuff? Shit like smart lock and stuff like that. Can the dialer be replaced or filter spam calls automagically?

Hi I'd like to order one Xiaomi Mi 9 please?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Xiaomi has smartphone vending machines in India.

>spam calls
what?

Attached: signal-2019-06-29-163615.jpg (1161x2064, 239K)

Google Dialer has an option that filters numbers suspected to be scammers. Pretty useful. No need to deal with having to look up and block some numbers.

I'm tired of the curved display meme

dilate

I'm trying to look for a new phone at about $300USD or less (preferably) with the following criteria:
- Equal or better performance to current Snapdragon 821
- A headphone jack
- must support Ting's bands (1900/AWS/B2,4,12)
- I can put TWRP on it so I can root it.

Currently have a few ideas of:
- Umidigi F1 (can take GSI roms is ECKSDEEAYY is to be believed)
- Umidigi S3 Pro (dunno how good umidigi phones are in general)
- Asus Zenfone 4 Pro (apparently still on android 8.0)
- Galaxy S8 Exynos (Exynos phones tend to be pricier and I have to look out for burn in)
- S9 Exynos (if i can snipe one)
- Note8 Exynos (doubt it, but i'm watching a few)

Does anyone have any better suggestions? Pic related: current phone in need of replacement.

Attached: leeco le pro3.jpg (660x552, 57K)

Mi mix 2s?

>Mi mix 2s
Close...but:
>3.5mm jack: No
I have the jack as a requirement as I'm annoyed at usb-c to 3.5mm adapters breaking and sounding like shit.

Pocophone F1
Redmi Note 7

>Redmi Note 7
missing B12 on LTE, I don't know how much of a hit I'd take to connectivity
>Pocophone F1
missing all but the 2G band, so a hell naw

I need a new phone that:
>works on Metro PCS
>Around $200
>In the US
>6' screen or smaller
>can use Micro SD card
>Decent camera
>No button on the back

This is the phone I'm upgrading from, it was a J3 Prime. My favorite part of it was the front buttons

Attached: samsung-galaxy-j3-prime-metropcs-phone-banner.png (904x325, 129K)

Holy fuck lmao. You're the fucking retard when you can't tell the difference between Pay and Play. You fucking ESL white nigger.

BlackBerry Key 2

Attached: 590573-blackberry-key1-key2-jpg.jpg (810x456, 138K)

Best phone for under 250€?

Redmi Note 7 or Pocophone

Moto G7 Power

Umidigi F1 Play

redmi note 7, mi 8 lite, honor 10
which one should Jow Forums?

RN7

How's the pixel 3a? Any pros and cons you guys know about?

Attached: 1542987164654.png (416x437, 351K)

can confirm, bought mine 4moths ago...
I'm never been happier about any other decision in my life(unironically)...

Burger here on Verizon, my budget is $350. I'm mainly looking for
>headphone jack
>expandable storage, will make an exception if it has 128GB base storage
>decent screen (preferably 1080P OLED)
>good camera (don't give a shit about dual camera setups but I wouldn't mind, if it can be drastically improved with Gcam that's a plus too)
>large battery or efficient SOC
I've been heavily considering a Moto Z4, I'm an existing Verizon user so I can get it for $240. G7 Power is also on the table but the Z4 seems like way better value for $240

>tfw will keep using my lg g4 because i hated every android after marshmallow

Attached: 1495652267075.jpg (211x212, 12K)

Pros:
>clean software
>great camera
>no notch
>headphone jack

Cons:
>might feel cheap in the hand
>no expandable storage
>3000mAh battery (SD 670 and Google's optimizations might not make this a problem though)
>possible build defects
>you get Android updates first but since it's Google they'll most likely be buggy
>4GB of RAM

Subjective:
>OLED display

Umidigi F1 Play or S3 Pro

based

What's the closest thing to a LG g3/g4 with updated hardware? Talking buttons on back, headphone jack, slim plastic phone with no notch, about 5-6"
Would be nice to have a thumb reader but not necessary, no budget but does need to play well with tmobile

is this gonna be a thing? and how much?

Attached: asdsadk_twitter.jpg (692x785, 64K)

Bros if I buy a OnePlus 7/Pro and take pics with the stock camera app, will there be a 'shot by oneplus' watermark on the bottom? It's fucking disgusting.

does not commute is simple and can be quite challenging

it's optional and can be disabled from the camera app's settings

Thank the gods, some user posted these OnePlus 7 non Pro pics in the last thread and it's just nuts how a chinky stock camera can deliver this much. Apparently gcam is only necessary for the front camera.

Attached: d4ca0bhb27231.jpg (2448x3264, 1.82M)

looks cute :3

I know of Meizu but what's Meitu? Fucking chinkshit

its a brand that I believe Xiaomi owns and it going to produce phones for in the future

They released the Key 2 red edition in April with more memory as this year's upgrade, so probably not till next year, if that.

Fucking disgusting. What's with all these endless sub brands? I'm literally never buying chinky garbage bullshit. Redmi, Poco, Meitu, Mi, fucking endless. Just shove your yellow cock up my arse chinky chinaman

its for marketing purposes, Meitu is for girls

Was this shot with the main sensor (imx586)?

If so, can anyone explain to me why the OnePlus7 Pro has OIS and the K20 Pro does not?

They have the same sensor, but have slightly different specs, most important of which is the lack of OIS. I though these were completely engineered within the camera module ready for the manufacturer to just strap in, it makes no sense one having it and the other don't.

Attached: images(3).jpg (472x649, 35K)

This senpai. Still rockin the moto g3. Those emojis are GOAT.

I like it. Even better if the brands actually stay very focused.

Its much more pleasant if people use "meitus", "pocophones", "redmis", "pixels" etc than if everything is called Galaxy Xperia A80X-1s Plus.

every company is doing this, so if it fails you just cut it off. I am really surprised samshit hasn't done they are sticking to a billion models instead

thinking about buying a k20 pro (not the mi 9t). what are your thoughts on the phone? is it worth getting this chink shit?

Attached: hilk3blwast21.jpg (1242x1211, 123K)

Fair enough, but the redmi and poco seem to compete with one another for the same segment, price x performance.

Yep, main sensor. I think OIS is only for expensive phones, never seen them on cheaper phones.

Girls buy Apple or Samsung or other non chinee name brands, not chinkshit. Just lol, never seen a young girl with a chinkphone.

chill out nigga, i didnt say they were gonna actually buy it, i just told you what the purpose was.

>chill out when the other guy isn't spazzing out or yelling in caps
why do people do this

>other guy
its you

should I wait until black friday to pick one up, or is the discount usually not high enough to wait for one?

How do I make sure chinks won't spy on me with the OnePlus 7 Pro? Any way to dechink it while using stock?

US
T-Mobile
400$
Looking for a phone that has good community rom support. Also the less it costs the better

Redmi Note 7.

Enjoy you chink botnet miui, bro.

Are phone cases still needed or are phones getting to be resistant enough so as not to need them? I'm about to pull the trigger on the A70 because I like it, but I'm wondering if I really need to go the invisishield + shock absorbing case route to end up with a bulky abomination once again. I'm not particularly careful with my phones, but they have to be manufactured in a way to resist normal bumps and scrapes that are bound to occur, right?

rooting just released phones is not fun times

Why do people suggest international phones for US carriers? They only have 1 maybe 2 compatible bands and you will get terrible service.

I heard Xiaomi killed Mi Mix and Mi Max line. Is that true? Than what would replace them?

I ordered it, but chang hasn't send it yet. Will post review when I get it

Doesn't work well on T-Mobile

Attached: 1537762512767.jpg (497x500, 49K)