Okay, let me get this straight:

Okay, let me get this straight:

>a "security oriented" operating system
>packages from the main repository do not receive updates or patches to vulnerabilities
>if you want to patch vulnerabilities, you need to build that package from the ports tree
>but they don't recommend this because "it's not safe"

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS THIS SHIT? A "security oriented" OS that makes you wait six months for a new release with updated packages???

Attached: 1200px-OpenBSD_Logo_-_Cartoon_Puffy_with_textual_logo_below.svg.png (1200x781, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

datatypes.net/open-kek-files
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/
cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64/firefox-67.0.4p0.tgz
rbt.asia/g/search/username/愛してるさわこ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lol, you're just now realizing this.
But wait, it gets even better.
>a "security oriented" operating system
>apparently doesn't realize integrity is a fundamental security concept
>still uses BSD Fast File System.
>Does not have mandatory access controls.
>Here's your rwx, bro!
And yeah I know the average fag wouldn't use them, but for anything important and considering this is the "security oriented" OS this is baffling

Dont forget Theo has allegedly used a backdoor to hack his own developers when they went rogue.

What the fuck.kek

Take your meds, that never happened

based

>.kek - IBM Personal Communications KEK Storage
>The KEK data files are related to IBM Personal Communications. KEK file is an IBM Personal Communications KEK Storage. IBM Personal Communications is a host communication and terminal emulation package for Microsoft Windows.
datatypes.net/open-kek-files

Attached: 550096-youtube_0.jpg (1100x618, 29K)

Based

RedHat trannies getting desperate.

This is a game to make you try BSD but give up on it. What they did here was present the arguments you were already thinking about before you even tried, because they've been doing this for the last 20 years. Their only form of socializing is trying to get people to use BSD but they can't actually let you go through with it because then their faux online hipster security persona would feel threatened. You cannot win, use linux and make money

Cope and dilate. Linux is dead outside the server farms of giant mega-corps.

>linux is dead outside of the only things that matter and that pay the most

>Linux is dead outside of server farms
That's because POSIX-compliance matters in server farms :^)

Actually the hobbyists matter more, they generate the mindshare that all software rides on.

Server farm users have very little in common with desktop users and it's obvious by looking at kernel commits over the last couple decades.

>>packages from the main repository do not receive updates or patches to vulnerabilities
False
>>if you want to patch vulnerabilities, you need to build that package from the ports tree
>>but they don't recommend this because "it's not safe"
Or in the main repo and send the patch
>apparently doesn't realize integrity is a fundamental security concept
Actually yes
>still uses BSD Fast File System.
For a lack of an option that is simultaneously:
>>better
>>non-encumbered
>>open
>>just a filesystem
>>easy to port or already ported
>Does not have mandatory access controls.
False
Not in mine, and that's why we use OpenBSD there

There's a lot of ambulance chasing by desperate BSD fags itt.

BSD is a real community developed project, Linux is a mega-corporate fuckfest with no clear direction at least not one available to people who didn't sign their life away with NDAs. And Linux is becoming bloated to the degree that it's not suitable for embedded any more, shit on my rPi systemd takes up about 10% of my cpu just sitting there.

Posts like this are why I keep coming back. Yes, little insignificant hippies jacking off on IRC on why they're superior to everyone else for being shit on purpose are more important than all the businesses that run the world

Hilariously it's the same losers who put them in the ambulance, they got lonely and realized they are going to go insane soon by not having anyone to talk to and won't admit it is their own fault for chasing everyone away

Actually BSD is a clearly-designed academic project, made by many professors and academics at the university of Berkely
While Linux is made by a college kid who designed it along the way.

So, why would you care? Put BSD on your little toy, if it's so great.

>BSD is a real community developed project

Attached: stoked.png (1024x1024, 13K)

>community
hippies

>NDAs
like the ones you won't ever sign because you won't make money

>shitty underpowered "enthusiast" (loser) board that doesn't run anything important
oh boy who cares

>security-oriented OS
>Written in C
Can't spell CVE without C.

Your fish discourages me from using your racist afro-centric operating system.

>little insignificant hippies jacking off on IRC
You mean the people who developed Linux until it was co-opted by megacorps.

Currently OpenBSD is a community-led project, but you're right, it did start that way.

I already did, it's much better and easier to manage because you can read a couple man pages and easily figure out what the hell is going on.

>everybody who wants to make money has to sign an NDA
wew lad

>they got lonely and realized they are going to go insane soon by not having anyone to talk to and won't admit it is their own fault for chasing everyone away
I've never met, or seen a BSD user in the media, who wasn't a full-on aspie. They even all share a particular physical quality that I just can't put my finger on. It's like they all look like Steve Jobs just before he died of cancer, but there's more to it than that. Regardless, they're an odd bunch.

Attached: heyheya.jpg (250x193, 14K)

>physical quality
Really, really, really, really really REALLY fat

>Not in mine, and that's why we use OpenBSD there
So what you're saying is that you work for a shitty company.

I thought you tranny shills weren't into making fun of people's physical appearances? Or is this an Alinsky rule where you just say it but do a different thing?

>>Does not have mandatory access controls.
>False
Prove it faggot.

Unix ugoa is all you need.

See:

If it's false, tell me why Firefox is still two versions older than upstream, faggot.

According to Mozilla, the latest release is 67.0.4:
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/
Here's Firefox 67.0.4, hosted directly on their mirrors:
cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64/firefox-67.0.4p0.tgz

I've had patches to base, there have been 5 or 6 for 6.5 already. It's not just kernel fixes that are addressed by syspatch but anything in base. Packages are another story, but they can and do receive critical security fixes, run pkg_add -u on a fresh 6.4 + desktop + browser + etc suite to see yourself. So far none of my 6.5 packages have needed updates though.

a perfectly innocent thread died for this shit

what did he mean by this

>snapshots aka beta version

Imagine coping this hard.

Most desktop users run current. Kill yourself Linux tranny.

rbt.asia/g/search/username/愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE
look at this faggot, look at him and laugh

More secure than your distro, Robertina

No they don't, retard. Dilate.