What the actual fuck?

What the actual fuck?

Attached: i7-4790k.jpg (842x900, 527K)

people who want a better CPU but don't want to shell out for brand new motherboard, and RAM.

4790k would likely be the highest end CPU usable in those motherboards, so someone with an i3 from the 4th gen would have a decent performance gain.

>tfw I made $80 when upgrading to a 4790 non-k

>tfw you can buy cheap 3.7 Ghz quadcores sandy/ivy xeon on ebay for $10

When is the computer parts bubble gonna blow up and prices drop?

I had no idea my 4790K still sold for this much. It's a good CPU but definitely not worth that much money in 2019 and is easily showing its age in many tasks, even games.

Absolute fucking brainlet of a post, you haven't a fucking clue m8.

I had the idea of getting a used haswell cpu off eBay to upgrade my rig and was really surprised too. Not worth it at all may as well just do a new build and sell my old PC.

What?

Cool down intel shill

You can get a used 4770k for way less.

"Lightly used,never overclocked"

Attached: image.jpg (540x532, 53K)

Go into the filters menu and check the “sold items” option

time to sell

4690k @ 4.5ghz user here who gets 100% CPU usag in games like GTA V Fuck these gyppers. I'm getting the 3600 the day it comes out.

Attached: photo.jpg (1920x1080, 823K)

Best CPU you can fit in the x540 Thinkpads, newest swappable CPU TPs

intelcucks love to be financially raped, what else is new?

>a covfefe lake i3 beats it

Attached: 019-06-30 023359.png (1075x675, 218K)

Sockets are the most Jewish trick ever.
I'm on 2600k still and I'd have to drop at least $400 if I want to upgrade.

>muh 7 years old i7 is still going strong
>100% usage in every game

the 2500k from 2011 still does decent in most games as well

Sockets are more flexible and resistant to heat stress. Soldered CPUs can die because of cracked joints.

>I'm on 2600k still and I'd have to drop at least $400 if I want to upgrade.
I upgraded from 2500k in february, ended up buying whole new system except the graphics card which was 2017 black friday buy 1070

>Sockets are the most Jewish trick ever.
This is the most retarded post on Jow Forums.
>reeeee it costs money for updated features such as DDR4 memory and m.2 support

Look, you've posted it again. Good job, AMD marketing department! Upgrade those filthy Haswells guys!

I have a 1600x, its a solid CPU but shit for gaming

gaymers are retarded. same with home server boomers who drive up the prices of garbage tier old server parts. also keep in mind that people would literally prefer to throw something away instead of selling at a considerable "loss" even if the parts are old.
>tfw you have no idea what bidding is
retarded cunt AAA games these days are optimized for 6 cores

>r-retard! 4c8t is still just as good as more cores! I haven't even n-noticed any performance loss with the security patches!

Attached: 1558214704789.jpg (600x532, 40K)

haven't seen such a pathetic display in a long time on here kid, kudos

Shut up shintel. Ryzen is immune to stupid shintel disease. Get rekt.

Nice reading comprehension, idiot.

I'm still using Ivy Bridge and haven't encountered any performance issues. What would I gain from upgrading?

Attached: Ivy_Bridge_Codename_Logo.jpg (195x90, 5K)

at 1080p maybe
running 980ti's in SLI on my 3770k is pretty bottlenecked at 1440p

-Xeon E3 1270 v2
-1050ti

and yes, 1080p

>r-retard! 4c8t is still just as good as more cores!
I'd say that 4790k is still probably better that 1600 no matter what (maybe even better that 1600x/2600 for gaming).
Multicore performance even with OC 4790k wold probably be still 15-20% lower than 1600, but due to MUCH lower RAM latencies, 4790k would still be equal in most CPU demanding titles as BF5 and quite better with older stuff.
My Haswell was able to get like 40ns of latency with 2400 DDR3, while current 1st gen Ryzen gets ~68ns with 3200/14 Hynix C-die.

>tfw uncucked myself a year ago by switching to AMD
It's not super fast, but can do pretty much everything I need

Attached: x4_840.jpg (2064x2335, 2.39M)

Given that we're a week away from $200 3600s, these prices are going to go right down the shitter fast, surely.

why didn't u get a 1200

From what I read, 1st gen Ryzen had issues (I don't recall whether it was more CPU or chipset related), and if I'm not mistaken, 2nd gen mobos stopped supporting non-shit operating systems. I can probably find 1st gen mobo, but I'd still need to sell DDR3 modules and get DDR4 ones

what issues?
there were ram speed issues at launch yes, but 1y ago was 1y after that

so u're stuck on ddr3 is that it?
I have a 1200 on b450 (@3.8) works perfectly and got it for 54 bux

gonna upgrayyyd to 3600 next year

>what issues?
Don't really remember, I didn't pay much attention because back then I was still on Intel
>so u're stuck on ddr3 is that it?
For now, until I'm absolutely forced to switch to Win 10. Currently sticking to Win 8.1

Like I said though, there isn't much incentive for me to upgrade: gaming went to shit, my job doesn't require high-end performance, and video encoding is done by my GTX 750

i played kingdom come and it's really good, like a game from the mid 2000s
plus minegraft i guess

but most of all the desktp environment is super snappy, even browsing and watching vids

if all goes well this setup (with cpu upgrayd) is gonna last me 8y

>i3 is not 4c/4t and gets a k variant
what did i miss since i switched to ryzen?