Why is arch so much better than any other distro?

why is arch so much better than any other distro?

Attached: ct-1534357836-7e7amg5iaw-snap-image.jpg (800x449, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nixos.org/nixos/nix-pills/
nixos.org/nixos/manual/
nixos.org/nixos/options.html
discord.gg/sAJNxGG
google.com/search?q=linux mint crash
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I am overwriting my Arch install with Gentoo as we speak

fake news

holly shit.. don't do it man..

its too late anons, I am emerging

I ditched arch for NixOS. Arch is a great distrubution and is easily the best out of the mainstream distros, But setting up everything manually every time you have a new machine and the constant looming fear that everything might break at any second and will be a bitch to fix no matter how good my backups are isnt worth it for me.
NixOS is just as good of a minimalist distro that does the AUR even better and fixes those issues for me. Gentoo also has the problems in a more extreme sense. I'd still recommend arch to new users though, it helps you learn things about regular linux distros

Anything other than Ubuntu is just masturbation

Attached: 1561644719307.png (486x332, 62K)

daily reminder

Attached: rcanyz8rtb731.png (1080x1032, 1.2M)

I’ve been considering switching from Arch to Nix. What’s the set up like? How long does it take a system to get up and running?

It took me roughly one weekend to translate my arch setup into a nix configuration on a virtual machine, then you just copy the configuration file into your machine and it type nixos-install and it is instantly up and running.
Here is my recommendations for doing it:
-Try and set it up in a virtual machine, the configuration is portable into any system, don't make yourself lose time by having a machine that doesnt work, you can take it slow and then just copy thr config
-Read the nix pills nixos.org/nixos/nix-pills/ to get familiar with the language, it will help you set it up faster
-The manual is useful for setting it up nixos.org/nixos/manual/
-Here is a list with a description of every single option you can use in your configuration with examples nixos.org/nixos/options.html
-Recreate your arch setup, its a good way to get familiar with it
-discord.gg/sAJNxGG This is a friendly discird server that helped me a lot but the #nixos irc channel is also awesome

If you run arch you are cooler Linux master than the Ubuntu plebs since you have to work to fix something that comes broken. Lolz

Also search for nix configurations on github, it gives you a great idea how to do thibgs.
There are plenty of those

In my experience, Debian and Mint just work; the *buntus usually do, too, but sometimes things just crash.
t. Gentoo

You can install ubuntu in like 5 minutes. Can’t do that with arch.

Ubuntu dropped 32bit, so Steam and Wine wont work anymore.

R.I.P.

they backtracked on that and volvo then backtracked on withdrawing support from ubuntu

It's very fast to get things up and running. You are given an example configuration file that you can use and the wiki is pretty good.

I encourage everyone who wants to use Linux to have (atleast in a VM) a minimalist Arch install.

It encourages to interact with the system via commands instead of clicking stuff in a GUI. It helps with toubleshooting knowing basic commands. It makes you comfortable with the terminal.

A friend of mine fucked up his Display manager with some janky shit. His solution was to reinstall Ubuntu instead of console login and fixing the problem.

Still Arch is not for everyone to use it as daily driver, but everyone should have installed it and used it for a while.

If you want to be forced to use console just use lubuntu, it has the app support of Ubuntu, but with all the features missing you’ll be stuck opening up terminal!

Lubuntu is a glorified terminal experience

>Still Arch is not for everyone to use it as daily driver
Just remove AUR from repo and it will never break. Prove me wrong

>In my experience, Debian and Mint just work
google.com/search?q=linux mint crash

the LXQT version perhaps.
But the LXDE version is legit

I use arch for testing newer packages and debian as the production machine. Both are very lightweight and have tons of packages and solutions for anything that might go wrong(in arch only some config files need tweaks, on Debian I don't remember the last time I ever had an issue).

Attached: gay.jpg (825x1065, 296K)

>minimalist Arch
LOL

based as hell
I dumped arch last month and haven't looked back since.

its very easy to use for devs
(no need to stress the cpu with compiling packages whilest you could be compiling your code)

I want to drunk fuck the one on the left then regret it the next morning

Nigga nobody speaks on here