Where should I donate if I want to know my money well spent?

Where should I donate if I want to know my money well spent?
I have a few in mind like the FSF, Gimp, LibreOffice, Ardour... did i miss something?

Attached: 1561881442744.jpg (405x270, 38K)

any OS or language you think is pushing its field of influence forward. if i was into donating to software projects i would probably donate to nixos, haskell, fsf, mozilla

FSF is fine.
Avoid controlled opposition such as the EFF and you're good to go.

You should buy old Polaris stock so Lisa su can research new cards to destroy novideo

-The Tor Project (If you care about internet freedom, you can also help them by running nodes or donating to node operators)
-The OpenBSD foundation (you likely use their software like OpenSSH)
-Mozilla foundation
-LLVM/Clang
I wouldn't donate to the FSF, they have enough money and they only do activism these days, they don't write code. If you really want to give them money, donate to the GNU project instead.

Don't donate to large entities like the FSF, they have enough money at hand. Donate to projects that are struggling with money.

>they don't write code
In 2019 alone we had:
>gcc 9
>guix 1.0.0
>emacs 26.2
But no, they just do activism. Better donate to projects whose goal is killing copyleft, I'm sure.

As I mentioned, that's the work of the GNU project, not the FSF.
>killing copyleft
If you hate non-copyleft so much, why don't you produce GPL alternatives to non-copyleft software? Or better, why don't you produce free software alternatives to proprietary software, instead of whining about licenses all day?

>killing copyleft
Linux fanboys are reminding me of religious fanatics, if you're not with them, they take it as that you're against them, grow up and leave the cult mentality.

As for the products you mentioned, those are made by GNU, not the FSF.

Linux is a kernel.

You can't only donate to the GNU project, gnu.org's donate button takes you to the FSF page.

Attached: fsf donate.png (654x119, 28K)

Don't bother, slaves will take any chance they get to attack freedom.

GNU is a project BY the FSF.
When you donate to the FSF, those funds go to GNU.

Did I claim otherwise? I explicitly said "Linux", not "GNU/Linux".
Huh, I thought they had their own donations separate from the FSF. I was wrong I guess.

>if I want to know my money well spent?
You don't. Usually orgs decide what they spend your money on, not you. You cannot donate money to FSF and tell them to spend it on just gcc and icecat for example and not on gimp, electricity billy and diversity hires.

donate to adamantchesse

>I explicitly said "Linux", not "GNU/Linux".
Thank god I'm a Hurd fanboy then, and that I don't reminf you of a religious fanatic.

How does one become a fanboy of a kernel?

Please give some to Ardour and the EFF. They stand up to the W3C.

what has the EFF done for me?

Don't fucking give Mozilla money, they'll just use it to further their political agenda.

Only give to projects that haven't been CoC'd.

but I like their political agenda