The fastest drive in the universe can still give only like 300MB/s before the OS chokes at booting

>the fastest drive in the universe can still give only like 300MB/s before the OS chokes at booting
we need super fast CPU cores soon, and we may not be able to do it.

Attached: snail.gif (400x225, 928K)

That snail owner is sure enjoying his daily dose of parasites

Not if put in ass. If snail put in ass, same bacterial with human.

Now that's a big snail

Parasites enter through the mouth not the other way around.

Yet faggots get pozzed from something getting inside their pooper

Both ways can work, depending on the parasite.

Attached: 1534789878496.png (1280x720, 1.54M)

How would it feel to fuck a snail?

>precum
kinda hot

>we need super fast cores

ipc gainz usually comes at the cost of transistors user
and you cant fill it with even more transistors in order to achieve a bigger freq because then you gonna have to deal with lower ipc..

neh, the main problem right now is that it's extremely hard to shrink the transistor. Not only the photolithography is extremely hard, we start hitting literal quantum mechanical limits.
At least on this current silicon paradigm, we are at its ends.
Even true 5nm may never be possible, or at least not without being near as good as true 7nm (I say "true" because most of what you hear on those number is marketing bs because they change the definition of what "#nm" means at will) .

No, this is entirely software bottlenecked.
A Threadripper with 32C/64T and two NVMe x4 SSDs in RAID0 could easily offer more but the code at boot isn't able to use it.

>we need super fast CPU cores soon, and we may not be able to do it.
Or more use of FPGA.

for you

you sick fuck

>tfw no snail pet

Dude that's the best way to go with the snails, not only they eat everything in gardens but also germ/parasite carriers.

>booting requires sequential access
lol

Linus foretold: lazy developers soon will have a hard time when we hit physical limitations for hardware development and the workload will shift to more streamlined code.

>only like 300MB/s before the OS chokes at booting
Are you talking about Windows or something? Because there's no reason why you'd have some magical 300MB/s limit on various Linux fast booting setups.

Never mind you actually are already ready to run your server container VM thing after that many MB anyhow.

algorithmic advances will always happen but they will also reach an end after a point because simply some stuff can become as optimal as they can be.

e.g. you have no clue if booting an OS right now can be done heavily multithreaded, you just wish it.

nobody cares about server OSes that take 10MB faggot, we're talking about the real world.

I also use linux on embedded systems I invented myself, but I'm also a realist.

>he doesn't use a 300 terabyte ramdrive

Jow Forums - Snail Sex

Attached: ad3.jpg (800x1129, 109K)

What fucking drugs are you on?

The real world mostly uses these Linux server OS' even though they're not necessarily "10 MB" outside of some containers (whose startup times I you can also time, I guess). That's what the world constantly uses.

Apart from that it's mainly smartphones, and you're not generally getting "300MB/s+ with many 4kb accesses" devices on these.

If you mean your Wincrap gaymen PC isn't booting fast enough - well yea, go complain to Microsoft. They won't change shit though, it took them decades to make their software installers 1/3 as fast as random hobby installers that were developed for like WinAmp or that random Delphi software (which existed on the same operating systems) and their OS updates still take forever.
Performance obviously isn't any priority and it's not something you can change either. They're *also* focusing on the usual -meaning Linux machine setups- to run their SaaS Azure Office 365 and so on clouds; that's their business idea now. They'll make that fast to stay competitive and reduce operation costs, not your desktop gaymen OS.

We need less shitty operating systems.

>draws a snail
>doesn't know where snails have their eyes

Attached: frog-man.jpg (243x250, 17K)