Post tech that is obsolete

Post tech that is obsolete

Attached: ball_mouse_parts.jpg (567x340, 32K)

intel

Attached: 1529853466113.png (200x200, 45K)

the save icon, don't know what it was originally called, but people used it to store data.

my dick

What was that thing called where the components were inside a big steel structure? You even needed a separate screen lmfao. No need for that now that we have the iPad Pro.

Linux

Attached: racunar.jpg (1000x1000, 87K)

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x474, 17K)

piracy. Now that I can get all my music, animu, movies and even games from the cloud why would I risk getting viruses from some Russian neckbeard site, is just more convenient to pay a small fee every month and its legal to top it off

>viruses
running windows I see

>viruses in music
>viruses in movies

ok, you are a fucking retard. Did you actaully download .mp3.exe files?

There's two types of OSs, ones with viruses and ones no one uses

Hardcore mode.

Attached: oldskool.jpg (2560x1600, 451K)

Problem is they all want a piece of the pie, if it was all a one stop shop it would be fine. Had Netflix in Australia then they banned us from using VPN to access the full American library. So then I would have to pay for foxtel and stan and fetch and whoever the fuck else there was. I gave up and went back to piracy, in the words of lord Gaben, it's not a piracy problem, it's a distribution problem.

That's not true user, I know at least five people who use GNU/Linux

>paying for Adobe
user pls

>serial port
>outdated
laughs in sysadmin/embedded dev

Those are some shitty ergonomics this terminal has going for it. If you were using it for actual work, you'd have a completely fucked back after less than a year.

>anime from the cloud
Streaming has always been for troglodytes.
Go 10bit or go bust. And get rid of that fucking VLC shit.

If it's not "wifi network" or "cloud" or "4G" or even "5G"

> Then It's obsolete

Attached: supernet.jpg (1000x734, 516K)

I would not be surprised if there were compensation culture claims made in court. Or at least there would be these days.

Anime is for troglodytes more like

>tfw fell for the lifetime storage meme

Attached: verbatim_98397_25gb_bd_r_blu_ray_6x_1017669.jpg (1000x1000, 139K)

Ironically the open icon is older but not obsolete

Attached: That cover makes VR look so fucking autistic that Time has probably guaranteed a shit ton of people (599x799, 56K)

Serial ports are still widely used though most devices shifted to using an integrated USB to uart converters inside.
I also wish that USB to parallel converters existed.

I'd argue bands are in the process of going obsolete by music production software too.

Attached: stereo rig_zpsmk18tyun.jpg (1024x758, 131K)

>infrard

It's just getting worse with everyone coming out with their own streaming service.
I really expect piracy to come back with a vengeance in the next few years.

Almost everything still has a serial port, even when not easily accessible

Data display? I didn't heard about those terminals. When is that from?

Old times with the Wang and datapoint 2200

VR is one of these things that has existed in the same basic state we have it now for the past 40 years and in other ways, even way longer and will continue to do so in a half meme state forever

True, it's not actual VR too. If you punched me in the face in game I would literally feel nothing.

Fuck off bootlicker.
Streaming is shit.
Remember Game of Thrones S08E03?

I was on /tv/ watching at all the anons melting down because Netflix streaming collapsed. Meanwhile I torrented it in full HD quality just a day later with no issues.

In addition, the episode was shit, so I didn't feel bad afterwards since I never gave DABID or HBO a single cent.

There is no reason to use streaming services (even less so paid ones) unless you simply like having corporate dick shoved deep inside your asshole.

I for one don't miss having to manually set up ISA IO/DMA/IRQ.
But I still remember my 3com etherlink 3 used 0300-030F IRQ 9.

Attached: 170805201122_memorycard.jpg (950x810, 186K)

Not really and most likely never will be. I don't think even acoustic instruments ever will go obsolete.

I'd feel bad for watching anything. It only wastes time and to top it all off, you're passively praising the actors while watching it. You're now aware that it is exactly those actors that want to see you behind bars (because you're a pirate).

Embracing people that want to see the people at the bottom of the food chain (unable to pay for blurays or dvds) locked up.
That's Hollywood.

Attached: 1546580023460 angry freedom fighting frog.jpg (35 KB, 582x377).jpg (582x377, 35K)

Not him but *pirates fruity loops studio and has access to all [acoustic] instruments ever*

Regardless, cloud computing and streaming are shit.

Music, series, movies, document editors, anything 'in the cloud' is pozzed and of inferior quality. And people are gladly paying for it. I blame the fucking zoomers, most don't even know how to torrent shit anymore.

>digital instruments can reproduce acoustics exactly and the way they're played too.

harder, try

Oh a fellow Serbfag.

Kek. So much this. Even APKS are harmless on Android. Just be careful with the permissions you grant the app. Only real danger is pirated software on Windows, and most of them are harmless and false positive too. Just test them beforehand on a virtual machine and do basic monitoring with Task Scheduler, temp folders, NetLimiter and Sysinternals Process Explorer. If it doesn't show any suspicious behavior, it's almost guaranteed legit and safe.

I have never paid for software in my life. I only had infections when I was a small kid. It has been probably over 15 years since my last infection. My PC is loaded with "free" software. Zero suspicious network traffic, zero suspicious EXEs, DLLs or services. Smooth sailing.

All this piracy paranoia with viruses come from retards who have absolutely no skill in critical thinking and practical knowledge in operating systems and basic security. They are the kind of people who actually click on ads and believe a DOWNLOAD button actually means downloading a file they want.

Attached: 1493339117717.jpg (200x200, 35K)

>try harder
Alright.
*builds a neural network using samples from "real" acoustics so I can just dump in your so-called "fake" musical sounds so they sound like the "real" deal*

>fall in love with niche entertainment media
>get completely disregarded by any and all dominant streaming services because they run on topical, trendy and run-of-the mill fiction for the ADHD-generation

I just want to watch Gaslight (the British one)

>Wangblows

Attached: gfywac.jpg (128x96, 4K)

RS232 will literally never die.

>Linux autist can't hold his fingers to post when he spots a based Windows user

Attached: 1494847070485.gif (200x150, 833K)

If you knew you could stop someone from committing suicide, would you choose not to help them?

>I'm glad I can pay forever to own nothing

Is that bad? Life is infinitely easier if an equipment has an RS232 port.

Not yet anyway, I remember reading about a feedback suit not too long ago.

The type of spontaneous creativity that a band can generate will never be replaceable by software, not even AI. Even Beethoven is soulless compared to groups of artists that can tap into a vibe or idea and come up with an auditory expression on the spot, and no artist will ever be the greatest because every moment in time changes everything such that you can only ever feel that "magic" in its original intensity when It's actually happening. Electronics do aid the artistic process though by giving a greater range of expression to the artist, and removing physical barriers. We've had music groups that use nothing but electronic instruments since the 80s. Before electronics we had devices like music boxes and other automatic music machines and those surely didn't kill human groups off

thanks for the (you)s friends

It wasn't really as big of a problem either, these days the only expansion you'd even buy, unless you do your build yourself from start to finish, is a GPU and you'd still need to get the dedicated drivers and not the ones that come with the OS to get the best performance. This wasn't far off as far as configuring the card goes.
Sure, things like autoconfig on Amiga that was basically PnP over a decade before PCs even had PnP was comfy to have when your friends where all messing with IRQs and the Hell that came with it at times.

They can, and it's already been done for simpler instruments. We can also model the room of recording and ambient sounds. This is not *too* new. The good synths that do this stuff are pretty expensive. You'll never recreate a human playing an instrument though because even with a powerful AI you can't recreate the human mind tapping into a feeling and modulating their notes in a way that accentuates the music on the fly in a way other humans relate to.

You are what's wrong with modern software. Machine learning has fucking sent us 30 years backwards. Why is it that we had working computer voice commands in the 90s that worked without the internet and gave near instant near perfect responses, yet now, my iPhone or Android has a huge delay to process my voice and nearly never understands me correctly? I'll give you a hint: every fucking retard thinks machine learning is the dank new thing and doesn't learn how to write an algorithm for a unique problem, they think they can just leverage a bunch of data and a neural network. It's a fucking shame. But when the only tool you've ever used is a hammer everything looks like a nail.
Instrument audio modelling and synthesis was being done successfully back when machine learning could only be done if you had serious cash to blow. Did we need machine learning to make crysis graphics and Ray tracing? Fuck no. We just fucking used our brains and programmed that shit. Audio synthesis is SIMPLER and you're suggesting we need machine learning, which to me just says that your brain is too small to even imagine how we could simulate a sound wave in a modelled environment.

Attached: young Steve jobs.jpg (590x350, 22K)

Modern day VR is actually very different.
Thanks to sub-20ms latencies, you get a weird effect where the linking of head movements to perspective shifts tricks your subconsciousness into believing that you are somewhere else.
I recently tried it for the first time and it's really fucking interesting. You put the goggles on and it's like looking at a screen. But then you turn around once and suddenly you feel like you are somewhere else.

What.

Look's early 80's. That Wargames-tier phone lol. Glorious IT days of tic tac toe and global thermonuclear war.

Shall we play a game?

Attached: broderick wargames.jpg (1200x791, 196K)

not gonna lie, I want one of these
an ips monitor with a ~vintage~ styled mechanical keyboard doesn't do my autism justice

What open icon?

laughs with you

Attached: ant-picture.jpg (96x97, 6K)

>What open icon?
Pic related
But yeah, while the thing represented in the open icon isn't obsolete, opening files from inside the app is

Attached: folder-open-outline-filled(2).png (256x256, 21K)

it says that you should go fuck yourself with a cactus

hows that cock m80?

Attached: ant-picture2.jpg (39x39, 2K)

>miku hatsune

RealMagic and other MPEG cards

Attached: Sigma_Designs_-_RealMagic_ISA_MPEG_decoder_card_-_53-000417_-_component_side.jpg (3451x1323, 1.82M)

Miku is merely an instrument

Attached: 1024px-Compactcassette.jpg (1024x666, 248K)

Good riddance, both were garbage.

No tech is obsolete.

it may be obsolete but you can always sell it as NOS my wizard friend.

fpbp
lmao

I guess all of us are just Luddites then.

not my pic but same guts used today

Attached: 868776445343245576.jpg (2448x3264, 428K)

Those noisy dot matrix printers

jap cancer. its probobly going to get overwriten by virtual tuber idols with real voices. miku is dead and replaced with something with greater appeal and much lower effort.

this, You might not notice but the VR industry is booming, in games it's still pretty gimmicky but b2b simulations are booming business

As long as multipart forms are around, we will have impact printers.

Attached: (JPEG Image, 225 × 225 pixels).jpg (225x225, 3K)

Attached: wpid-screenshot_2014-05-04-12-55-57-1.png (720x720, 315K)

Attached: george_costanza_squinting_seinfeld.gif (370x272, 1.7M)

idk man I like watching Evangelion in bed in VR
shit’s comfy

Jow Forums

I wish i could say the same but netflix and cruchyroll really only has content for japanese/american users, and they dont have everything. Also neither site supports use of local video player extensions that improve anime watching, such as SVP.
> but you can use a vpn!
at that point its easier to pirate.

Loved roller ball mice. Everything felt so smooth.

Netflix + HBO + Amazon Prime + Spotify + Patreon + ... .small mothly fees that summed make a fuckton of money. No, I still like piracy

Attached: 1200px-12in-Vinyl-LP-Record-Angle.jpg (1200x1200, 141K)

>PCIe
>not a simple IO shield running to a motherboard header

It has already begun, torrenting and piracy as a whole was waaay down for the last couple of years. But now as you said that everyone is coming out with their own service. Piracy is starting to get traction again. A lot of people are fortunately not dumb enough to pay more for less.

never trust serbs

Attached: AGP,_PCI,_CNR_Sockets_in_PCChips_M925LR_Motherboard.jpg (1200x811, 569K)

Attached: 4chin.png (289x300, 32K)

Yeah, I watched some vr video about new york while high af and it blew my fucking mind

IPv4

haha upboated xD

Attached: (you).png (468x469, 492K)

Check the edge on this lord

Im using ball mouse rn and ELT display too

tranny

Attached: original.jpg (750x600, 18K)