*Becomes the new Ubuntu*

*Becomes the new Ubuntu*

Attached: 1280px-Manjaro_logo_text.svg.png (1280x296, 77K)

big if true

It's getting there. If Debian shut down then Ubuntu might be fucked. I'd say: MX Linux > Ubuntu > Fedora > Manjaro > Mint

That's actually an compliment as I acknowledge that Manjaro and Arch Linux in general is climbing those rungs.

Attached: manjaro.jpg (1632x918, 401K)

Ubuntu shutting down is more possible than Debian shutting down and both cases have an extremely low % of happening in the next 10 years.

Ubuntu is kill tho, no 32bit, no wine, no steam

Imagine having 2 weeks old news and not reading anything newer than that

I can see Ubuntu getting in trouble if they piss off the user base more after the 32-bit trolling psyop. Rubbing shoulders with Microsoft isn't helping their image right now either. I like the level of support Ubuntu offers however. But is that enough?

Debian, God, I hope Debian goes on forever. They are pure.

Good job Manjaro is Arch repository maintained just in case those other two aren't around. But I hope Debian makes it. Arch Linux is so based.

Attached: debian_wallpaper.jpg (1536x960, 474K)

The one thing ubuntu still has: companies that make software for windows and mac only are more likely release closed binaries through their own repo for use on apt based systems.

Ubuntu is big, yes. I actually like them. But hopefully not too big to fail.

For example?

sir please do the needful and turn back you're clock so the cert works sir
t. rajesh marsala-saalikutti

It's literally the other way around.

Horses for courses. Would it kill anyone just to agree with someone else on this board?

>would it kill anyone just to agree with someone else on this board?
Yes.

It's actually a fairly good istro.

1. Good oob experience, plenty of desktops to choose from, graphic drivers just work, great for people who don't want to configure anything.

2. Pacman, Arch repos (which keeps things KISS like no split packages for libraries for example), but you get more stable Manjaro repos which means you don't have to update packages every day and things get tested for a week or so before releasing.

3. You can use the great Arch Wiki and it works most of the time because everything is pretty much the same as in Arch.

4. The Manjaro community is actually fairly big compared to many other small distros so you can ask something and get it answered.

5. You can use AUR if you want to, which is pretty much the biggest selling point of Arch and Manjaro. Being able to install all that software quite quickly is awesome.

I think it's a pretty good distro IF you know what you're doing (I've used Arch in the past), which means you know where to look and what to do in cause of breakage, and you are aware that AUR might be dangerous.

I've heard of people saying that it breaks quite often but that has not been the case for me, maybe they have a lot of AUR packages, which I don't.

My only issue with the distro is that the development team behind the distro seems pretty amateur-ish, they've fucked up in the past and they might again in the future, so you've got to be wary.

The Manjaro crew can meme with the best of 'em. Maybe that might not seem too pro, but at least they enjoy a laugh compared to stony faced Ubuntu or super corp Red Hat. Manjaro's japing around is refreshing.

>japing around

Attached: 1561658677885.jpg (500x500, 73K)

This thread just reminded me of the time I got a five day ban for commercial spamming when I posted 1man1jar.org as a link for the manjaro wiki.
I think it was like a day after they recruited the latest batch of new jannies. Anyways I used the appeal form to suggest they grow some fucking brains and stop making mental retardation a job requirement for jannies. But that's all in the past.
Forgive and forget is what I always say.
Let me close by just saying grow a fucking brain and stop making mental retardation a job requirement for jannies.

>need to write iso image in DD mode instead of ISO mode in rufus in order to make the USB bootable

who thought this was a good idea?

Thats not Pop!_OS

>Manjaro

Attached: 1450708087386.png (1280x800, 91K)