Will you be buying an X570 board?

Attached: kek.png (517x334, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7xL0Jn5med0
youtu.be/7xL0Jn5med0?t=611
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Motherboard is more expensive than the CPU

No I won't be buying that because I'm not a retard

Yeah, I'm looking to get a 3900X so I'll definitely pair it up with some X570 board.

Nope. Shelling out for a Crosshair VI back in 2017 proved to be a great decision. Still more than enough VRM to handle an overclocked 16-core Zen chip and I don't care about any of the new features.

Sure.
39n0X and x570 mobo.

They could at least try to invent a bit more shilling headlines

I haven't seen anything that would compel me to leave LGA 1155.

What real world applications would benefit from PCI-E bandwidth for SSDs?

>copelet

Yes, the outrage over X570 in the recent weeks haven't bothered me because as with most public outrage it stems from being misinformed and expectations not lining up

Quit looking at $500+ motherboards solely built for epeen, there are cheaper options and there will be ever cheaper options than that once PCBs come down in price

Nope. Already bought a bunch of X470 motherboards from Amazon Warehouse for cheap as fuck and will be sending back the lemons.

Wish they would make more mATX boards. The only option is ASRock, which is YIKES! Their BIOS are gutter trash

I just got a x470 with a intel NIC because fuck the RTL8111 that requires a kernel module.

>inb4 it works on my machine
Yeah because you use ubuntard that gives you proprietary codecs and kernel modules like it's candy.

You will never get that full 1000mpbs because it's running partially in userspace as a blob.
Also the security implications...

I'll buy a 3950x but an X570 motherboard? nah, not interested in PCI-E 4, my good old X370 Gaming pro carbon has beefy enough VRM's to deal with the chip.

If all you do is shitpost on Jow Forums and fap to anime then yep, stick to your intel crud

>stop kvetching goy, just buy it

Stop kvetching

sorry, msi decided that there will be 0 compatibility with the 300 and the new 3000 cpus

I already have a high end x470 board and don't really need PCIE 4.0 so no.

No, the fanless one (1) is too (2) expensive for (4) me.

Still waiting for reviews, but I was thinking of getting a 3900X on ASRock's mITX X570 board with full bandwidth thunderbolt so I can just put the build in the closet and not worry about noise at all. Build will include 1080 Ti in a CM Elite 110, so I'm a little worried about cooling, but we'll see. Pic related.

Attached: HWINFO.png (643x575, 63K)

That's some serious bottleneck you got going on.

Tell me about it. Zen 2 can't come soon enough. Had to get the Ti (used) due to the price and availability where I live.

>Gene V

Nice dude.

Attached: 1559657702633.jpg (250x242, 10K)

Feels good to have a job and not have to worry about $500 motherboards. The rest of Jow Forums will be coping with their chinese knockoffs.

Attached: 1547812619880.png (313x193, 85K)

I wonder about that. Not sure how good the RAM support will be on a crosshair VI

How is that a reason to go for X570?

I will buy the ones priced around 250$

Is there a reason to get X570 at all if I don't particularly need PCI-E 4.0?

You buy new hardware maybe once every 5 years. Why wouldn't you get the best that you can for that time?

There's thunderbolt.

Good job passing off Buildzoid's musings as your own opinion, user.

Because it'll become obsolete at approximately the same time and that's a stupid reason to spend twice as much.

There is a negligible chance PCIe 4.0 is going to make your computer functional for longer.

Stop kvetching stupid goy
I need another yacht, just buy it

>Because it'll become obsolete at approximately the same time
No it won't. You're going to easily get 5 years + out of Zen2 hardware. Only a retard continuously buys new hardware year after year.

Are you retarded? It's been known from the start they've been improving on traces every generation

I'm already running 3466 CL14 with tight subtimings on a 2000 series chip. The ceiling for 1:1 Infinity Fabric scaling with Zen 2 is 3733MHz, so that's where the performance sweet spot will be. I don't have any worries. Even what I have will be fine, and I expect at least 3600MHz with the new, stronger IMC. Buildzoid was just talking out of his ass as usual with saying that T-topology will be an issue. He also claimed that no X570 board was going to be using it in the same video, yet has since found that at least one is.

Attached: we fly high no lie.png (2560x1440, 322K)

>DURR DEY R IMPROVIN DA TRACES MA!!!
Did they discover and implement some new metal in the past two years? Stop falling for marketing bullshit, you gimp. Memory speed is 90% down to your chip's IMC. A high end board like the Crosshair VI's traces were already as good as they were ever going to be in terms of manufacturing quality, topology arguments aside. People are running just as high memory speeds on (the very small handful of) good X370 boards as they are X470 ones. The only way you can "improve" the traces from that point is by making them shorter, which is why the best boards for memory overclocking are almost always ITX models.

I really want the WS but that's going to be like 400 bucks

>down to 10%
>couldnt even break 2933mhz with loose timings using B-die on a 2700x on my c6h while others were pushing 3600 with tight timings

Sure

Because the "best" option has a built in 150 db jet engine.

>get X479 Taichi Ultimate with 10 GbE
>get decent X570 board with PCIe 4.0 but no extra features for same price

Can't decide bros.

I'll wait for reviews, but I'm highly sceptical - they're way too expensive, I don't need PCI 4.0 and the on-board fan seems to be pretty loud under load:

youtube.com/watch?v=7xL0Jn5med0

Makes you wonder what kind of fuckery PCI 5 and 6 are going to require once they're out in a few years.

I have the same CPU and GPU. Will upgrade to 3900X too. Not sure which MB to get.

No, where's my 3600G at?

Attached: RazvaljotkaTech.jpg (1280x735, 384K)

Oy vey

>hurr but chipset fans
Will they ever be on unless you like overclock the 16 core and/or RAID PCIe 4.0 NVMes?

If I wasn't doing a weird build which requires thunderbolt I'd probably go for an older board desu.

They're always on but not always ramped up.

>stop kvetching and just buy it
but i don't need PCIe 4.0 so X470 or even X370 will be enough

x570 boards have the beefiest VRMs for OCing.12, 14, and even 16 phase VRMs appear to be the norm on these high end mobos.

THE MORE YOU SPEND
THE
MORE
YOU
SAVE

>stop kvetching
Oh no, turnsout that AMD is no different than Intel or Nvidia

I have no reason to bother with an older board which does not support all the CPU's features and may not even come with a BIOS which supports it, thus being an extra PITA. I'd rather buy a good X570 board, get PCIe 4.0, get VRMs which were meant for 12-16C OC, get possibly better memory support and have a guarantee that I won't need to fuck with BIOS updates before the CPU works. I haven't even checked out support for things like numbers of USB 10Gbps ports and such, if X570 is superior there as well then it's one more reason to get one. I'm not going to bother saving $100 or some shit on a board I might use for 5+ years as my main system with OC'd 12-16C CPUs.

I had an nForce4 775 motherboard back in the day with a 40mm fan, and it was whiny as all hell.
Never again.

I meant "on" as in spinning.

The thing I dom’t like about Russian itamium is that they translate x86 code so potentially someone may use them to run windows.

>pcie 4
>no ddr5

Pass.

I fucking hate you retards so much

I am personally waiting for PCIe 7.0 and DDR11 before I upgrade.

Why would I? I have an x370 board and PCI-E 4.0 is not important enough a reason for me to upgrade.

A high end X470 with a moderately beefy VRM in case I feel like having 16 cores at some point.

wait, wait
doesn't x570s have that precision clock feature?

No, but I want to know when I can preorder a 3600.

Attached: IMG_20180430_023818.png (769x431, 283K)

Just bought the msi b450 gaming pro carbon, I saw the leaks for the x570 motherboard prices, It looks like then minimum for you can get for a x570 board is 200 Euros

JSUT BUY IT

no, i keep my X470 Strix. But might upgrade to new gen

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

That's false

X370 boards don't really support PBO. The chip will work but you probably won't get the full performance out of your processor.

Not everyone wants a 500 watt heater in their room. Even with A/C i can still feel the heat. I will never buy a CPU or GPU that require more than 75 Watts. I currently have an i3 6100 and a 1050ti. Will probably upgrade to one of the Ryzens soon.

works on my machine

X570 mobos are a fucking joke. In a year they will put out x670 boards with ddr5 that magically wont need a fan on the southbridge. They will probably be cheaper too.

you are going to have to post proof as msi said they are hard not supporting any 300 motherboard for the 3000's

lol no thanks
I'm currently on the wait train for the next ryzen series.

apparently they only require the fan due to the possibility of raid nvme on 4.0, which would push an ungodly amount of data.

This guy gets it.
Thanks for beta testing ryzen 2 fags.
I will be sitting pretty next fall with ryzen 2+ enjoying the new IO dye shrink and ddr 5.

this headline gave me RTX flashback

Imagine believing this spin.
The fans will be on most of the time if you are making any serious use of your pci lanes. Otherwise they would have made large passive coolers with a fan for emergencys.

I'll probably buy an x470 board when they inevitably go on clearance, I'm on B350 and I want more VRM phases

Attached: 1516455235646.png (658x800, 387K)

>Stop kvetching, and just buy it
Tables have turned.

What option do we really have if you don't want to take it up the ass with Chimera?

B-but Buildzoid said 4+2 would be good up to 100 amps

This is the headline for that dumb article about Nvidia's RTX GPUs, but edited for X570 motherboards.

TDP is not the same thing as power draw.

Yes. I'll be buying an Asus Crosshair Hero with WiFi for my R9-3950X. Already have 2x16GB of Samsung B-die CL14 3200MHz to go with it. I'll then buy an Asus WS-X570 Ace with a R7-3700X and 4x16GB of ECC 2666MHz to upgrade my server. See how low of a voltage I can get away with on that 65w chip.

Literally the only people who are complaining about price are poor people.

>mainboard fan at only 30% gets louder than any gpu/cpu fan at 100%
yeah nah. I'll pass.
youtu.be/7xL0Jn5med0?t=611

>Exporting 4k media
>Exporting music made from studio software
>Rendering content in something like Adobe After Effects
>Transferring bulk files across multiple PCI-E (4+) drives
>Eliminates your drive as a possibility for locking a process
I can't think of anything too significant otherwise, so it's really only useful for people who play with studio software or constantly transfer big loads of files regularly

Intel users:

>I don't care about price because I want the best performance

AMD users:

>I don't care about price because I'm a fucked up motherfucker

Even the cheapest is several hundred dollars, so fuck no.

Kek
That's complete bullshit mate.

I'm a performance/price kinda guy, so B450/B550 + 3600 will probably do for me.

What's bullshit about it?

The cheapest is over 200 euros from what I can find.

yes cause i'm going to get 3950x

What are you getting at? 3600 and 3700 are $200 and $330 respectively.

How much is the motherboard and memory m8

>32GB
>not a poorfag

90-150 depending on whether you get B450 or X470

B550, B570 with a R7 3700. Why more?

>STOP KVETCHING AND BUY IT

Enjoy your high latency.