Why can't women code?

Why can't women code?

Attached: 27695AA900000578-3032730-image-m-86_1428615462578.jpg (634x346, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variability_hypothesis
forbes.com/sites/rachelcrowell/2019/03/20/karen-uhlenbeck-becomes-first-woman-to-win-abel-prize-for-mathematics/
isocpp.org/wiki/faq/wg21#lisa-lippincott
isocpp.org/wiki/faq/wg21#nina-dinka-ranns
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Uhlenbeck
scholarcommons.usf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4812&context=ujmm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They can, the competent ones don't get any spotlight because women in tech program is a sexist social welfare initiative and competent women don't fit this narrative.

they think differently and have the weirdest ideas.

Too busy sucking dick

/thread

have sex

Majority are too realistic.
But is it a whites and blacks thing?
Because asian girl can code competently and quite cute in many Univeristy around the world and US

its genetic

they're brains are too small

>implying men can

You have to be an autist and kinda of dumb

The Fields Medal has been obtained only one time by a woman, Maryam Mirzakhani, in 2014, out of a total of (currently) 60 medalists

1/60 in close to 100 years user, take it as u wish

Most men can't.

That only means that the Fields Medal is sexist and should seriously check its male privilege, sweety.

any good repositories where mostly women contribute?

Programming isn't mathematics, take that as you wish.

both are result of critical thinking and using logic. except u cant teach a field medal so it filters all the females that memorized everything instead of using thinking to get a programming job

>in 2014

which completely invalidates it

here's the red pill:
their brains are actually just as different from men's brains as their bodies are from men's bodies. in other words, VERY different.

obvious troll but I still think that's what the tv news would say about it

and basically everyone else for the sweet sweet reward of virtue signaling.

makes my dick hard.

absolutely user, we both know that reward was pushed onto her due to muh diversity in stem, luckily the universe gave her cancer and she died for trying to cheat mathematics itself.

Mirzakhani was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2013.[47] In 2016, the cancer spread to her bones and liver,[45][48] and she died on 14 July 2017 at the age of 40 at Stanford Hospital in Stanford, California.

How does a woman's mind work?
And why don't we accept these differences rather than pass off the male mind as "normal" and have them conform to us, pretending we're the same thing?

Something to do with the way their brains are wired.

Plenty of women that can.

This is a retarded sentiment to have. Go to any math department, there will be women who can literally run circles around you or anyone in this thread in terms of math ability[1]. As a sex, they have slightly less variance in ability, which (along with societal pressure, there HAVE been women who definitely should have gotten way more academic recognition for example Emmy Noether) translates into a huge slant when you literally just give the award to a few people. It's a terrible metric.

1: I study math at a pretty good European university and while we don't have gender parity we're pretty close. We also kind of mirror what you'd expect, out of the top 5 students in my generation, one is a woman. However, the worst of us are predominantly men.

The same can be said about any serious field of enquiry. Your definition is too broad and "critical thinking" is just a buzzword.

>How does a woman's mind work?
through feelings and impulses rather than reason
>And why don't we accept these differences rather than pass off the male mind as "normal" and have them conform to us, pretending we're the same thing?
because they were given democratic power equal to men

I bet both of you have no clue about research level math lmao

Not a single person in this picture is typing. Do they just talk and laugh all day?

They can, it's just they don't. Also, if their code doesn't work, the computer doesn't care if they start crying.

By their nature they should. They are more personal and communicative, their code should reflect better on humans interacting with the program. They should by their nature better.

But (((they))) only want female larpers for their stupid agenda.

>man: reason
>woman: feeling
How does it feel living in the seventeenth century, user?

Attached: 1450727363151.png (626x551, 20K)

They aren't autistic enough to try.

I love how Jow Forums became Jow Forums pretending to talk about technology lmao

>programming means typing really fast!
I bet you also think using vim makes you a better programmer

t. virgin thinking he will lose it if he defends them in class

biology doesn't change in 400 years

If you start by creating web pages with Javascript or Visual Basic, it's easier to learn. Designing logic, get thinking in a mode. Compiled languages like C and Java can be frustrating to learn on if you don't have an idea where to start.

>Maryam Mirzakhani was an Iranian mathematician and a professor of mathematics at Stanford University. Her research topics included Teichmüller theory, hyperbolic geometry, ergodic theory, and symplectic geometry. [...] The award committee cited her work in "the dynamics and geometry of Riemann surfaces and their moduli spaces".

yes, this is clearly all just buzzwords invented by (((them))) to give her a reward for having a vagina. obviously she had no REAL math ability

keep lookins real hard for the exceptions bro, theyll let you lose your virginity one day after all your hard work.

the exceptions to the...completely different brain structure and functionality that inherently prevents women from high-cognitive-load positions such as being a fucking codemonkey?

lmao nerd, cope. the only real difference is a SLIGHTLY smaller variance in G, women can do programming and math just fine, you're just too dumb to get statistics

it's also super funny when Jow Forums hivemind claims that all accusations of sexism in tech are a literal jewish plot to punish men with no basis in reality while simultaneously making literally 0 effort to understand how variance plays out at the extremes of a distribution and jumping to conclusions that women's brains "operate on feelings"

you might even call that...sexism. but for retards who can't keep the story straight through two separate posts

listen worms, i dont care about any virtue ur trying to signal here, females are dumb as dogs and can not use their logical brains to think, they can only memorize things and repeat them again, they can not create new concepts out of knowledge they have, u can memorize entire mathematics if u'd like and end up teaching it at some university

only fields medal can be used as a way to see females are equal to males in intelligence because it can NOT come from memorizing things, it takes 10 years of research and critical thinking to achieve it. there is only 1 female out of 60 recipients in ~ 100 years.

we can use any other award that requires critical thinking, there are no females in esports either, why is that? at least there'd be one in top competitive games but somehow theres not a single one? and any other medals its still not even close to 50:50 distribution.

there is a new worm every day trying to preach virtue into me with his high univeristy ego and i btfo them every time. its getting sad at this point, if females were even close to equal to males there'd be more than one out of 60 in fields medal (the most prestigeous award a human can achieve in his lifetime)

so, stop with your virtue signaling and accept the truth, the only truth, backed by actual proof over 100 yeras on the wikipedia. now stfu with your virtue

Attached: 1556326365261.jpg (552x449, 143K)

>The only difference between men and women's brains is the g factor

Attached: brainletcastle.jpg (645x1000, 107K)

Apple fanboys addicted to dicc

anyone can get into university, even the most respectable universities are filled with retards because of
>rich parents so they get passes
>university is made so that you pass, it is nothing difficult even the most demanding ones, simply work for it
>there are things such as adderall,modafinil and others which will carry you no matter how retarded you are
>university is a big meme in which your hand is held all the way to the end

did u just attempt to debunk the most prestigeous medal a human can earn and compare it to your random normie university user?

its like 0.0001% of people that have a PhD in mathematics even get close to a fields medal. everything you see in this world is the result of critical thinking of those 0.00001%, rest are just worms either consuming, applying or using that knowledge. sure, females are equal to males in intelligence below 99%, but those 99% are all dumb as dogs anyways so its not worthy of comparing. only the top % of human race matters and can be counted as, hence why fields medal is a great reflection of difference in between ACTUAL INTELLIGENCE in genders.

maybe if youre a web designer. Never seen a female C programmer

>"critical thinker"
>uses an award as the exclusive empirical data to prove a an ill-formulated thesis about women's cognitive powers

Attached: 1494844925936.jpg (200x192, 4K)

you can be a female C programmer but you will never be on the same level as a male C wizard that can compile ASM in his head and count uOps dispatch, just C programmer that memorized stuff.

i know your whiteknight virtue ego is being shaken right now, but the only truth that matters is in fields medal, surely in 100 years and over 10 billion humans there'd be more than one female user, right? award is meaningless, its the work of applying critical thinking in new ways u cant learn from anyone that matters so much.

are you saying that data that shows the result of applying mathematics in new undiscovered ways and proving it, dedicating your entire life doing that is not a good reflection of male and female intelligence? is entire world not mathematics? what are u claiming? if male and females were equal, where are all the females? why is there only 1? surely there'd be at least 2?

is this true?

Sweety, the top 0.00001% (nice number faggot, what's your critical source?) only matter insofar as they can better the lives of the other 99.99999%. That is, their entire existence and justification thereof depends on the other, "dumb", normal people. You really, REALLY need to go back with your le epic science cargo cult.

In terms of mathematical and programming ability ("why can't women code?"), it quite literally is.

>would you fuck the asian on the left?
FTFY

try harder, im waiting for the answer, why is there only one female and 59 males, in 100 years of research? i thought males and females are equal in intelligence?

Attached: 1555244235001.png (571x618, 29K)

>being this mad when people point out your stupidity
>"maybe if I repeat myself while attacking other people I'll save face"

Attached: 1418449014999.jpg (600x400, 50K)

Honestly what can women even do besides trading their body.

Attached: 1543200448066.jpg (680x602, 57K)

Compilers don't care about fee-fees and wah-wahs

out of all the virtue signalers in this thread no one was able to answer, why is there only 1 female in 100 years that received the most prestigeous award and most difficult award to obtain, and 59 males?

>The Fields Medal is regarded as one of the highest honors a mathematician can receive, and has been described as the mathematician's Nobel Prize

>The Fields Medal has been obtained only one time by a woman, Maryam Mirzakhani, in 2014, out of a total of (currently) 60 medalists.

Attached: 1537844131082.jpg (288x288, 29K)

>White women
Muh diversity

Attached: 972ba9fc8c8173d30bfafe77b5f297a7f01768f4afad739ec5a191c366067287_0.jpg (1364x1500, 492K)

this
t. guy who works at big company with some very competent female programmers

/thread

Women can't use programming socks.

carry our children retard

this

female programmers backed by 300 years of male research, male compiler, male IDE, male OS so even a retard pajeet and a female can both be a code monkey.

You dumb fucking idiot. I answered it like 5 times in this very thread, but you are literally not intelligent enough for statistical reasoning to comprehend the answer.

Of course you think it's the (((jews))). I usually hate resenting dumb people but your stupidity fucking infuriates me.

"a 2010 meta-analysis of 242 studies observed that males have an 8% greater variance in mathematical abilities than females"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variability_hypothesis

That's it. This is literally all there is to it. 8% of variance is enough to make sure that if you give an award every four years to the smartest people, you will only give this award to (mostly) men.

This is not controversial. This is not proof that "women can't do math". For all intents and purposes women can be great mathematicians, but at the extremes of G, men dominate. This is an extreme minority of people who make important mathematical contributions, there are many others.

For example of an extremely gifted female mathematician that recently received a top-class mathematics award: forbes.com/sites/rachelcrowell/2019/03/20/karen-uhlenbeck-becomes-first-woman-to-win-abel-prize-for-mathematics/

Which is almost as prestigious as Fields' medal.

imagine being this much of a moron

>2019
>female receiving award
>he thinks its legitimate
>uses it as argument

i feel sorry for your virtue, enjoy larping as Light from death note tho

who made linux? C? C++? Javascript? oh all males =)

isocpp.org/wiki/faq/wg21#lisa-lippincott

also: isocpp.org/wiki/faq/wg21#nina-dinka-ranns

Attached: LisaLippincott.jpg (320x320, 37K)

Uhlenbeck is a top research mathematician you have no idea what you're talking about lmao

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Uhlenbeck

It's amazing. Every example of a female genius is shot down by people who are probably brainlet compsci students or bitter code monkeys. Cope

as i said, 99% of humans are dumb as dogs, they dont count, linking or using arguments with them included instantly invalidates anything you say. only the top matters.

>your university
irrelevant
>your programming job
irrelevant

there is so much handholding and information/help available due to technology today that anyone can do those things, even a female.

fields medal? good luck, dedicate 20 years of your life since birth and figure & prove everything yourself? 1 female, 59 males.

and that female that generated a picture of black hole, thats also shut down right? the code was all hers,or was she picked for the spotlight :) ?

So? Literally nobody in this thread said that women "invented all tech" or even something near that.
How dare someone that isn't male be productive with something that their gender didn't invent?!
fucking incel posters, ruining Jow Forums and the image of the tech world.
oh yes I did use incel as an insult unironically, because you're unironically one.

imagine being this much of a moron.

>he thinks Lisa Lippincott is a woman

Attached: 1561820322390.jpg (225x224, 10K)

why are u throwing insults? i am merely quoting the actual reality to you, which u seem to deny.
your attacks are as weak as your ego, females never invented anything worthy of a prize.
there is a reason fields medal cutoff is below 40 years of age, so you cant bruteforce it with age, unlike dogshit abel prize.
let me know when female and males will be close to 50:50 in fields medal awards, then female and males are equal, until then, females are a bit smarter than dogs. thats it.

your "intelligent defender" persona is weak against me and can work on reddit, unfortunately we are not there

Attached: 1560217236792.png (2000x2000, 1.53M)

no, but men don't look good in garterbelts

Attached: X119-2132-BLAK-001.600w.jpg (600x800, 59K)

In my experience, they're better than most men are and easier on the eyes too.

Women will probably never be 50:50 with men, that was never my argument.
I have given up trying to argue with you lol

>as i said, 99% of humans are dumb as dogs, they dont count
Whatever this means, people who get Fields' medals are a huge minority of research mathematicians. They're the population I'm talking about. And there's PLENTY of competent women there. They're just less likely to make it to "top 3 every 4 years" criteria because the difference in variance.

>there is so much handholding and information/help available due to technology today that anyone can do those things

As a person who actually studies math at a good university this is bullshit. You study math by going over examples and solving lots of problems yourself. The internet is literally irrelevant as anything but an aid in this process. The main thing is the same as it was a hundred years ago: obtain literature, read it, do lots and lots of exercises to pass the exams.

> fields medal? good luck, dedicate 20 years of your life since birth and figure & prove everything yourself? 1 female, 59 males.

There is more to mathematics than a fucking Fields' medal you retard. The research community is fucking huge, mathematics is probably the largest discipline in terms of sheer material, a brainlet like you probably couldn't imagine it.

Only the top of the top deal with shit that gets popular attention or is important enough to be given a Fields' medal. The rest of it is still super-important mathematics, it's just not a millenium-level problem.

The real issue here is that you don't have the faintest clue of what the mathematical world actually looks like.

> and that female that generated a picture of black hole, thats also shut down right? the code was all hers,or was she picked for the spotlight :) ?

What the fuck are you talking about you moron? You literally said Uhlenbeck was falsely given a reward because she's female. She's one of those top mathematicians known to everyone engaged in actual mathematics you're just too much of a brainlet to know that, and you dismiss her because she's a woman.

Cis-men don't.

Aside from any scientific explanation, most women are always given what they want by either men. their parents or the government.

They really have no incentive to study anything hard like computer programming in order to get a decent career. Their lives are instant gratification until death.

based

As simple as plain coding appear, it seems that most people can't do it. You have to trudge through a fairly discouraging effort/reward ratio before becoming adept at it and you need to not mind spending a lot of time in your own head. It's a bit like writing. Up to a point, everyone can, code/write, but when you get down to it, very few people really "can".

based frogposter is based

>Being this bluepilled in 2019
Enjoy your mentally unstable fat cis gf

Attached: natalie.png (718x1280, 959K)

Also maybe the thing you don't understand is that "1 female, 59 males" doesn't mean that this ratio generalizes to lower levels of ability. First, even for Fields'-level, this ratio is trivially wrong because there are many women who have made contributions to mathematics that are now recognized as foundational (such as Emily Noether)

>inb4 you don't know who that is

Second and more importantly, as soon as you expand the range of ability from "literally smartest 50 people in history" to "can publish in math journals today", it's no longer that unequal.

And literally everyone recognizes that disparity at the top, it just doesn't mean what you fucking think it does, and is definitely irrelevant for your code monkey job.

cope

Is this all you have to say brainlet?

jesus christ, cant wait for the next Hitler to gas all of you degenerates

Yeah, can't say I blame them, though. I would too.

Why is there a women's category for chess tournaments?

it was never an argument, it was you denying the reality.
there is not a single field or job that requires critical thinking being close to 50:50 its barely 1% female
your arguments are weak, linking to wiki of distribution made of entire human population, 90% of internet users dont use ads, they are also in ur statistics. hence why once again, only the top %%% matter and your 8% turns into 85 or more % in actual "smart humans"

>because the difference in variance.
that difference at the top %% is ~ 80% or more, hence why they will never make it

>As a person who actually studies math at a good university this is b
as a person that obtained a phd in set theory, you are defending your fragile ego and your belief instead of accepting reality, read what u write buddy, look at urself, how can u say its the same thing as hundred years ago, did u have access to entire knowledge of human race at a fingertip? what about talking with all the mathematicians in real time, across the world? literally the same as hundreds years ago.

>What the fuck are you talking about you moron?
again the insults, user, we are not on reddit, you dont come out ahead here by using belitteling tactics to win an argument, i am not posting my position, but the actual truth, backed by fields medal. she received an irrelevant reward that has no age limit hence is worthless compared to fields medal.

again using adhominem attacks, placing questionable spots in your replies that subtly show you are smarter by belitteling me ">inb4 you dont know who that is", really shows you are foaming right now because you cant look me up on reddit and use my post history to attack my position.

>definitely irrelevant for your code monkey job.
so we come to the point that programming is made so simple due to years and years of male progress and making sure nobody can fuck up that kids and females and niggers and pajeets are taught in school how to program?

Attached: 86fdcf2c1918e7bc08b4f96fd6e3f590-imagepng.png (1024x486, 249K)

>completely different brain structure
[Citation needed]. Women aren't a different fucking species m8

>diagnosed with breast cancer in 2013
>wins 2014

jesus christ that must have been a short debate, how could they NOT give it to her?

I was being ironic. My point was that if women had completely different brains in such a way that prevented them from being top mathematicians, you wouldn't fucking see top women mathematicians.

Women are biologically designed to give birth and breastfeed children and feefees won't change this.

scholarcommons.usf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4812&context=ujmm
because they are dumb when it comes to using intelligence to do critical thinking, same reason there is not a single female in competitive esports
>inb4 Scarlett

user SHE IS A STRONG WAMEN AND SHE DEFF DIDNT GET IT BC SHE WAS ABOUT TO DIE AND MUH DIVERSITY VIRTUE SIGNALING A DED FEMALE XD XD XD?

Both of you are retards, she was a brilliant mathematician and a top IMO contestant.

>Maryam Mirzakhani was an Iranian mathematician and a professor of mathematics at Stanford University. Her research topics included Teichmüller theory, hyperbolic geometry, ergodic theory, and symplectic geometry. [...] The award committee cited her work in "the dynamics and geometry of Riemann surfaces and their moduli spaces".

But don't let me disturb brainlet code monkeys being jealous of her superior intelligence.

meaningless. Put 1 girl in a project group with 4 boys, how much of the work do you think she will do? I'm sure you have seen this as we all have. It doesn't change just because we become adults.

STRUCTURAL difference. A difference in synaptic connection count is not a structural difference.

But also, simultaneously, there is no sexism anywhere! It is entirely impossible that women are being pushed away by sentiments like this

>>Maryam Mirzakhani

jesus christ you dont even need to put the brackets on that name

I've worked with a few women who could code, they were all professional about it then went home at the end of the day and raised their kids, but they're invisible like
said, they're not in Instagram or YouTube, only have a FB account where they talk to their relatives