Are gaming/racing chairs a complete meme or are they actually worth the money and provide maximum chair support?

Are gaming/racing chairs a complete meme or are they actually worth the money and provide maximum chair support?

Attached: 1547180500935.jpg (600x600, 28K)

I'm told they're uncomfortable as hell

Most luxury sports cars are fucking awful to sit in because the seats are designed for racing, not comfort. Now think: if you take those design principles and apply them to a chair that you are going to be sitting in for many hours at a time, will it be comfortable?

even if they are comfy which I don't know, I wouldn't benefit much from that comfiness since I tuck one leg under and lean forward. so really anything that's properly padded on the seat and the armrests don't interfere with the leg tuck is fine for me. it's all about how you sit

i just sit on a wooden chair with proper posture and im good

They're overpriced shit. If you're going to spend that much on a chair, either spend it on a good ergonomic chair or go for plush and get something that's marked as a "manager's chair".

They're fucking stupid. Get an actual high-end office chair.

Based and woodchair pilled.

Attached: img.ashx.png (400x400, 84K)

meme
Almost all youtubers and streamers were given their chairs for free along with most of their hardware since they are live advertisements.

I bought a dx racer and epic gamer memes aside it's easily the best chair I've owned

Gaming chairs are bad ergonomically.
Do not buy them, they're actually worse for your back than a $30 office chair.

If you want to spend more money to get something with good support, get something like this with a high endurance rating for 10+ hour sessions.

Attached: 1531973915493.jpg (540x900, 205K)

they are trash marketed at retards

buy a real office chair that will last a decade and is repairable- half of these gaming chair brands will be dead in five years

Attached: GAYMAN_CHAIR.jpg (960x360, 67K)

Why are they called racing chairs? Were the seats originally used for cars?

9 out of 10 are shit memes with trashy cheap bucket car seats slapped onto some wheels with zero ergonomics.

yes. they're not meant for longer sessions

>it's easily the best chair I've owned
what did u own before tho
>Were the seats originally used for cars?
they resemble racing car seats... the whole idea is retarded

Redpill me on the Pewdiepie chair that comes at the low price of only 399.

meme get a proper office chair like aeron or markus if you're poor

The cheapest on sale 60 dollar computer chair from staples/office depot/Costco are better than meme chairs. They're overpriced shit with aggressive marketing (companies give these cheap chairs away to streamers/influencers to scam young people to drio hundreds on a chair that's worst than the cheapest chairs that are actually designed for office/desk work.. They're uncomfortable and poorly designed you can find plenty of clips of streamers flipping/falling over sitting on these meme chairs. They have high center of gravity and tiny cheap base so its really unstable.
The marketing department for these shitty chairs are so aggressive and the margins are so wide, they've even contacted me trying to give me a free chair and I've only got a few hundred subs on twitch. I told them I have a much better chair (steelcase leap) and would never ever sit in those shitty chairs and they never contacted me again.

I've tried a few and they are horrible. I never actually owned one, just tried other people's chairs. I never sat in a "gaming" chair and got a desire to own one.

A good office chair that's actually comfortable can be had for like one fourth the price.

One interesting observation, and I could be wrong: It looks to me like there's one factory/vendor making the exact same chairs every "different" brand's selling. Either that or they all follow the exact same shitty design.

pewdiepie is a kike faggot who can't be trusted

Mostly wooden chairs, lazy boy office chairs, and shit like serta chairs with 3 feet of cushions. Gamer chairs are a step up from a wooden chair + pillow which is all I ask for

That's uncomfy. You need to slouch when gaming

Get a Steelcase chair and nothing else. Who the fuck would want a bolt upright chair with shit pleather and padding.

This. Gaymer gear is pozzed shit, buy high-end office chair and laugh at all the hunchbacked gaymer children with your 500k$ stack of money.

i built my chair out of an actual car seat i got from the wreckers.

>i built my chair out of an actual car seat i got from the wreckers.
based

ironically enough a normal epic gamer would break most gaming chairs within 5 hours. i have to use a fully steel doublewide chair for that, isnt there any chair that can handly my epic 482 lbs figure?

Subscribe to him

>Now think: if you take those design principles and apply them to a chair that you are going to be sitting in for many hours at a time, will it be comfortable?

What the hell, then why do they do it for?

My guess is aesthetics, they "look cool" so that makes people more likely to buy them.

>$30 office chair
Nah, those are worse. Even the shitty ones you'd find at schools are $100+ and they're also shitty.

>Go to thrift stores
>Sit in chairs you find there
>Find one you like
>???
>PROFIT!!!
This will work fine unless you're a truckload of tendie-scarfing lardass goodboy

imagine paying more then 25 for a chair.

> imagine being a poor fag

>buying used furniture
Nasty.

Got this. Pretty comfy

Attached: Screenshot_20190701-065309.jpg (1080x1920, 365K)

Buy a chair that is comfy. Nothing is good for support except standing up.

Attached: benis.png (326x494, 34K)

>Most luxury sports cars are fucking awful to sit in because the seats are designed for racing, not comfort.
This is completely fucking wrong and I can tell you have never been in a luxury car.

300 dollar chair
let that sink in for a minute
THREE HUNDRED DOLLAR.
CHAIR.
>OOH BUT DUDE IT HAS A GREEK LETTER ON IT ITS A GAMING CHAIR
SHUT THE FUCK UP
are you retarded
how about- how about you learn some basic finance management you stupid fucking faggot
$300 for a chair are you STUPID
are you FUCKING RETARDED, KID?
no its not a good fucking chair, you know why?
because it costs 300 FUCKING DOLLARS, you stupid fuck.
go kill yourself

>Most luxury sports cars are fucking awful
A luxury car is meant to be nice to sit in.
An actual sports car won't be as comfortable, but it'll feel normal.

If you're too poor to talk about these things then you should keep your mouth shut.

$300 isn't even much for a chair. Look at Herman Miller chairs. All big companies use Herman Miller chairs because they allow you to sit for extended periods of time. Stop talking about finance management when your mom is the one who does yours.

That may be true but it has jack shit to do with racing gaming chairs. They actually are comfy as fuck.
OP I have a secretlab chair and it's the best purchase I've made in the last 5 years.

Only problem is that there are no other choices for people who are taller than anzu futaba's dick

People spend $1000 on a chair, but those chairs usually last like 15 years.

$300 isn't much for a piece of furniture, let alone one you'll sit on for hours a day you retard.

That's a la z boy right? I returned that shit the next day because it was killing my back.

>pretends to be superior to anyone else, especially anonymous strangers
>argues over semantics

Attached: 1491030020848.jpg (250x250, 11K)

They are. Most have exaggerated lower back support that ends up doing more harm than good. The flip-feature is useless - you'll never have a good reason to leave the upright position. Most come with really cheap or poorly designed armrests. They often don't breathe for shit so you'll end up soaking it with sweat and damaging the designs in no time, not to mention that using them jeans- or shirtless is out of the question. They're ridiculously overpriced, because the cheap models will literally disintegrate within a couple of months, while more expensive ones will requires constant maintenance and spare parts.

I had one, and after a 2 month struggle I managed to convince the outlet to give me a full refund and collect their shitty try-hard office chair.

Get a decent armchair and a low PC desk to go with it. Or get an actual high-end office chair.

These things are a total meme marketed toward "1337 g4m3rs" and if you get one you've played yourself.

Nope. It's a staples brand chair. About $150 cheaper than a decent la z boy. Shits cash, tho no recline kind of sucks

Attached: idkbph3mmr131.jpg (850x660, 114K)

This!

First of all - get a chair that breathes properly.

Secondly - high-end office chairs are designed with comfort and support in mind. "Gaming chairs" are designed to make 11-16 year old boys think they're cool. Just like any other gaming apparel, you'll want to go with bland or weird designs that actually makes sense over some flashy bullshit with a million useless features.

Wouldn't recommend.

Attached: chairinside.jpg (4160x3120, 1.22M)

It isn't semantics. A "luxury" car is completely different from a "sports" car.

Anyway, you're poor so I'd appreciate if you stop replying to my posts and wasting my time (which is more valuable than yours btw).

why would a car designed for 2hrs+ at high Gs be uncomfortable? you need to go back

>Sports cars can't have luxury features
>Luxury cars can't have sporty features
For someone who claims to be so wealthy, you clearly aren't well-endowed intelligence wise. Must be Daddy's money.

The brainwashing for these racing GAYMAN chairs is unbelievable. It literally is. Every shithead streaming on Twitch has one. Seriously, go there and find any random stream and they have a DxRacer or some variation. How fucking clueless and poserpilled are they to think that a fucking CHAIR is actually made for playing video games and will somehow enhance your abilities/presentation.

Anyways, let's make this a chair general. Lads, mesh or leather? Cloth? High back or low back?

Attached: srsly glasnow.png (1232x628, 973K)

>Damn, they might as well have stuck a recliner in this car, look at how comfortable that is! Makes you just want to sit in it all day!

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2376x1584, 1010K)

an uncomfortable luxury car doesn't have a "sporty feature".
You're just an idiot and that's blatantly obvious by the poor state of your finances as well as your lack of understanding on this subject. I suggest you stick to discussing amd products and twelve year old thinkpads.

The other guy explained it, I didn't know these companies just give them to literally any streamer for free.

>an uncomfortable luxury car
Then it's not very luxury is it?

Attached: 1550301929252.png (419x377, 235K)

Yes, which is the whole reason I told OP that he doesn't know what he's talking about when he says luxury sports cars are uncomfortable

Me too, but I'm not that satisfied. Sadly it's my best chair too, but is 100% correct.

This. "Manager" chairs are fine and dandy, but they only reach up to my shoulders.

>racing chair
Nigga, please.

Attached: 53F8E1AF-3B91-4076-9E03-F32CA494D13C.jpg (4032x3024, 3.07M)

cope

Overpriced look-alikes.
I just bought a seat out of a junker 5-series BMW, put it on caster wheels, made a short deck to match and called it a day. Serves me for half a dozen years at this point. Would post pics if I wasn't on vacation.

>cope

Kinda like this one. The only problems are that it will try to tip over if you recline too much, and again, needs a custom table as it's low to the ground.

Attached: bmw-e39-5-series-e38-black-leather-front-power-heated-seat-1999-2003-oem.jpg (300x400, 6K)

Nice platitudes. Gaming chairs are definitely designed foe comfort. You don't know what you're talking about.

buy an Autonomous Ergochair 2

is the name dumb? Yes. Does it look sexy? No.

Is it comfortable and cheap? Fuck yeah. Also has shittons of settings so you can make it even more comfortable than it is by default.

you can get one from ebay new in-box for like 150$ USD

literally anything else is retarded.

Racing bucket seats like this are actually exceptionally comfortable IF they're sized properly for you. My Sparco Evo2 is the single most comfortable thing I've ever sat in.

Aren't these racing seats shaped to the specific driver? And they're also not for 12 hour sessions. Well, maybe the Le Mans ones are.

Get a decent office chair instead.

This is almost entirely incorrect

>work in government
>everyone has $1000 ergonomic chairs
>switched every two years
>everyone with serious back pain
>find wooden chair in the trash
>manager asks me where chair is
>holding up my plant

That's all they're good for.

You'll have to explain why, the majority of posts ITT seem to be against gaming chairs.

you have no idea how much i liked this, i'm a bit jelly

He bought one and doesn't want to acknowledge he fell for a meme.

Jow Forums is automatically against anything marketed for gaming.

>exaggerated lower back support
Most have 0 lower back support at all you fucking retard. The backs are stiff flat boards with nothing for lower back or lumbar. Go ahead and find me a picture of one with lower back support

>flip feature is useless
leaning back is comfy for taking naps and watching movies. Even if you never use it how is this a negative?

>cheap or poorly designed armrests
This is correct

>don't breathe
maybe depends on the chair but the dx racers I've owned breathe better than almost any other chair. The material is very thin and porous, even sitting in them all night nearly nude they don't get damp or pick up an odor.

>cheap models will disintegrate
wrong

The only true things you said were that the armrests are shit and that they're overpriced

so can you guys stop arguing and start recommending something?

>above 6 feet/170cm in height
"gaming racing" chairs
If you are smaller than 170cm, you just buy a regular office chair.

if you are shorter than 170cm you should just buy a rope honestly

Recc a chair. My current broke.

Yeah, I really wanted to just sell my Pontiac Bonneville for metal and keep the chairs, they were the comfiest of any car I have ever been in

kek

Get yourself a good Steelcase or Herman Miller office chair. Buy 'em used off of Craigslist, eBay, or a local office that's moving/liquidating.

Buy the most comfy non-office chair you can find then a monitor arm

if you weigh more than 130kg then i highly recommend buying one as most chairs arent designed for your fat ass.

>>Most have 0 lower back support at all you fucking retard. The backs are stiff flat boards with nothing for lower back or lumbar. Go ahead and find me a picture of one with lower back support

This whole post is very strange.

Attached: 1545745790875.jpg (423x550, 21K)

Forgot pic

Attached: IMG_20190418_110443.jpg (2592x4608, 917K)

Why don't I just lose weight instead?

lol

that would be ideal and save you more than the cost of a chair

however if in the meantime you decide you need a chair on your journey then i recommend one as they are built for fat assholes

Attached: duck1.jpg (700x394, 66K)

>Posts picture of a chair with detachable pillow for lumbar support when the back of the chair is flat as a board

>This whole post is strange

Anyone can put a pillow behind their back. Doesn't take a genius. The other user is correct though. They have shit built in support.

I've had a simple DXRacer for 4-5 years now.

After throwing the 'lumbar support' and head pillows straight in the trash, it's comfy. Firm and upright enough to support a good posture. Stopped me from crossing my legs up when I sat for hours, which I think was causing me hip and knee problems.

It's nothing fancy really. I like it but since I've used exactly three chairs for gaming (a literal barstool, then an IKEA cheap executive looking leatherette chair, then the DXRacer) the bar aint exactly high.

I can smell this photo.

That's a pillow you nigger

Should I just buy a used Herman Miller Aeron?

Seems to be the best option for anyone IQ 120>

I have this Homall chair and it is the most comfortable chair of any kind I have ever been in. It was $90 on sale on Newegg too. I wish I had something like this at work.

Attached: AGDW_131982129528906613yp4nfQYEmf.jpg (1280x960, 59K)

Damn, looks nice.