The White House is said to be weighing a plan to force US tech giants, software and hardware makers...

>The White House is said to be weighing a plan to force US tech giants, software and hardware makers, and other companies, to deploy only encryption, particular only end-to-end cryptography, that can be cracked by American law enforcement, or ban it outright.
>A report by Politico claims Trump administration officials met this month and kicked around the idea of asking Congress to pass legislation that would effectively ban the use of strong end-to-end encryption.

theregister.co.uk/2019/07/01/security_roundup_280619/

What encryption do I need to stock up on before the ban comes in?

Attached: eddington-lock-1024x742.jpg (770x530, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernstein_v._United_States
privacytools.io/software/im/
coding2learn.org/blog/2017/06/11/dear-theresa/
securemessagingapps.com
incendar.com/baby_boomer_deathclock.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

as if i care
t. comfy yuropoor

Is the USPS allowed to read my mail? Why does it matter if the mail is electronic or not?

The government can intercept your mail and read it with a valid warrant. Why should email be any different?

What if my mail is written in cypher?

rot13 or if it's not enough, make it double

That should be banned too.

How do they know I'm not autistic and sharing random numbers with my also autistic friends?

Burden of proof is in you, bub. You can think it over in jail

>Americans want to ban mathematics

Attached: 1561063193596.jpg (800x450, 71K)

Probably a result of a tired IT guy explaining some clueless suit that no sir, we can't break RSA4096.

The fuckimg Clowd act involves you too

>White House
>weighing a plan
Hahahahahahahahaha

This is some of the dumbest shit ever proposed. Fuck all braindead faggots that had any part in this.
t. American

Australia has already done it

Based boomers being out of touch

Didn't the UK consider this at one point as well? I'm pretty sure Theresa suggested it in their old job.

You'll want a copy of GnuPG, Veracrypt, OpenSSH, OpenSSL, LibreSSL, and any programs you want that would interface with those or use encryption of their own.

I'm sure any western country has considered this already. Our interior ministry here in Germany also considered a law that would require Facebook and co. to use encryption that can be broken when requested by the government.

Or just NaCL

nobody gives a shit about your irrelevant shithole

>i didn't protest because i wasn't australian

Can't wait for another 300+ reply thread full of idiots with inferiority complexes about a sensationalist article that no one read.

>force
implying they don't want to, this allows them to look like the good guys

>Burden of proof is in you, bub
>the absolute state of Amerisharts

>said to be weighing a plan
>wanting to
>talking about doing
>wishing for
>might be in the future
>considering

So, this is 200% nothing, because none of those phrases passing around your news entertainment blogs means jack shit.

No it's fucking not you absolute retard. Jesus fucking christ

if the govt can crack it then anyone can with enough effort.

how do we get the names of all the people pushing this? they are traitors, all of them.

Why are my fellow Americans so fucking retarded? We could've elected Ron Paul in 2008, and 2012, and the acceleration of clown world would've be fucking done. I have a constitutional right to privacy.

As much as I hate lobbying, tech giants like jewgle and facecrook will hopefully go against it.

It’s probably the usual like Dianne Feinstein and her cronies.

No it doesnt. All these companies will move to EU, good stuff for us

Reemind yourself "land of free" lmao burger mutt

whiter than you muhammed

I'm tired of the orange man being so God damn incompetent.

True

But they already have. That's why all jihadists sandniggers moved to Telegram. Because Whatsapp can easily be broken by NSA

>I have a constitutional right to privacy.
You don't though.

Trump just lost my vote. Orange man truly is bad wtf

But they invented SHA-2. What are they smoking today?

>The White House is said to be weighing a plan
The only thing Americans should weigh is themselves.

The fucking EU or at least germany is whithin this Clowd Act retard

No, WhatsApp most likely cannot be “broken” by the NSA. However, they still likely can spy on convos.
How? Think about it. It’s a proprietary app owned and controlled by FACEBOOK. All of the communications go through FB servers. So really, the program’s end to end encryption could really more accurately be described as end-to-Facebook-to-end.
NSA would just get the chats directly from mr. zucc and his datacenters, not by going through the complex process of breaking crypto. Occam’s Razor and all that.

>usa congress passes legislation to make companies in europe implement encryption crackable by usa
Ok retard.

stationed and clownlozenged

Just like those Huawei sanctions, right? Trump is all huff and puff, the fucking prick.

sir, this is a discussion of digital software and protocol. Sodium chloride, while a wonderful source of the needful electrolyte sodium, is not indeed an element procured for modern electrical systems. Indubiously thou shalt take thine own life.

Are we talking about the constitution, or about reality? Last I checked, 48 of the 50 states employ what is called "pretrial diversion" which is a program by which a person charged with a crime is either imprisoned until trial (really, until a plea deal since only 5% of criminal cases go to trial), OR they are placed on an indefinite equivalent of supervised probation. In other words, you are guilty until proven innocent, and lack of proof means you will be treated as a criminal until compelling reason is brought to the state (for example, in Colorado, you can pay a fee ranging between a few thousand, to several million dollars, to skip your assigned jail time, it's legal and on the books)

Will djb save us again?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernstein_v._United_States

Attached: Dan_Bernstein_27C3.jpg (2856x4288, 2.19M)

>banning encryption
Only a morn would fall for this.

Hrm, interesting crossroads we are at. While I do think the government has a valid claim that a warrant should allow them access to search and seize items. On the other hand, can the government compel a company to design their product in such a way that would allow them access?

Effectively unbreakable encryption is a thing that exists right now.
It's a technology that is impossible to make inaccessible to criminals and if you intentionally build in backdoors they will be used for nefarious purposes at some point.

Sorry. I thought the USA was a first world country

>is said to be

Based

>papers and effects

its explicitly part of the constitution, not even some bullshit like a 'penumbra'

>implying the US government even recognizes its own 300-year-old piece of used toilet paper that the sheeple call a constitution
I haven't laughed this hard in years

>unreasonable searches and seizures
Again, you have no constitutional right to privacy. Just a loosely defined defense of "unreasonable" searches and seizures, neither of which cover data mining your ass because the Supreme Court literally does not care.

>Thinking medieval constitutions can carry over to the 21st century
So... Do you still fervently believe that you have the absolute right to carry a rapier on a school campus without getting jumped by police for being a schizo Eugene, ready to rape a Stacy at sword point?

>the absolute right to carry a rapier on a school campus
You do in Texas.

>tfw neckbeards will start tipping fedoras to each other and challenge each other to duels over "damsels" that want nothing to do with them
I don't think that's restricted to Texas.

HOLY SHIT TRUMP IS SO FUCKING BASED BTFOING TERRORISTS AND UPHOLDING THE AMENDMENTS (except that one) MAGA TRUMP 2020 PRAISE KEK!

Attached: image.jpg (302x455, 141K)

>Australian tech giants, software and hardware makers, and other companies,

If you're Australian you'll see the obvious (hilarious) reason it could be done here

>Voting for Clinton

privacytools.io/software/im/

Attached: 135.jpg (1024x768, 192K)

>Voting at all

>Implying those services will maintain unbreakable encryption once the government passes that law

>Not exercising your right to topple shitty government
>Instead of falling for shitty government like a sheep

based retard

This article explains encryption. I'm sure most people interested in and reading this thread understand encryption, but I wanted to share it anyways because the part at the end about how to combat the use of encryption is just gold.

coding2learn.org/blog/2017/06/11/dear-theresa/

Wire it is.

Pick your poison faggots

securemessagingapps.com and good luck convincing your normie friends to use it

>certain combinations of ones and zeros are illegal
>now, certain mathematical algorithms are illegal
KEk

But Bosnia and Hercegovina isn't. Actually, I'm not shure if it's under any law anymore... We're just waiting for that thing to blow up.

jesus it's comments like this that make me wonder why i come here at all.

it's END to END encryption you retard. as in your shitphone to your message recipients phone. The encrypted traffic may or may not pass through facebook's servers, it doesn't matter because it's encrypted starting at one end and decrypted only once it gets to the other end.

Save us? All he did was scare them enough to avoid getting itar and related legislation entirely thrown out for being unconstitutional. The small prize being that encryption is sorta, but not really, export controlled but it's ok cuz based Clinton executive orders.

That shit rating system has always bugged me. It was relevant during the Cold war and not since then. It doesn't symbolize the advancement of a country and is just used as a label so it's basically like a Lamborghini. Sounds flashy and powerful but it's just a chaded-up Audi that's put together by Italians.

You a porschenigger or beemerturk?

I have nothing against Audi, they make patrician tier vehicles (Porsche is stale, only arabs, albanians and trophy wives drive Mercs and BMW has a image problem with every douchnozzle driving one). What I am against is even giving guido scum access to their tech (yeah yeah I know it's money, but nothing of worth came from the Italian auto industry)..

>can't search "clowd act" in Google
Please kill yourself

Because now Russia and criminals can too. It's idiotic. If thier goal was monitoring communications while maintaining privacy they have you register encryption keys, but this is absolutely retarded.

So if law enforcement can crack this shit, then everyone else can too right? Or do they put the upper limit at something a supercluster is required for so that only people with million dollar computing centers can crack it, costing the state probably hundreds of thousands in computing time every time they want to read something?

if this was another president i would probably take it seriously but trump consistently makes statements with no intent to follow through with them simply to see how the public and the media will react to them and has used it to great effect for pretty much every single media circus he's been involved in.

on the other hand, he banned bump stocks, which was unconstitutional, so take that as you will

You shouldn't take it seriously regardless because the article is riddle with weasel words and even admits that no action is likely to be taken. It's outrage bait built around blowing a casually shot down idea out of proportion and everyone here fell for it.

Just because the mongs in the orange house don't have the power to act out on their latest barf policy doesn't mean that they are not setting the stage for what they want to achieve. You can close your eyes on reality but reality will always close in on you--stop being such a boot licker.

Land of the free lol

>Still butt clenched onto a non-character from 3 years ago
You sure showed that libtard fellow 'pede!!! MAGA 2020 >:)))!!

they were pretty serious about it after the san bernardino shooting and comey was demanding apple to decrypt the phone
theru had a big scary press conference about the "going dark" problem

>Man-in-the-middle attacks? Never heard of them

>Late 19th and early 20th century: commercialy available security-oriented code books each have unique serial numbers and copies in government archives
>late 1940's: Hagelin-NSA deal
>1990's: motherfucking clipper chip afair

This shit is nothing new.If you want security,print your own one time pads and use steganography.

>Digital signatures? Never heard of them

When are the boomers going to die? Someone post the counter of how many boomers are left, I need to watch it to get rid of this anger at boomers.

>The White House is said to be weighing a plan to force US tech giants, software and hardware makers, and other companies, to deploy only encryption, particular only end-to-end cryptography, that can be cracked by American law enforcement, or ban it outright.
based trump btfoing big companies so smaller services can thrive

incendar.com/baby_boomer_deathclock.php

I've used this guys website for gaymen why does he have this on there
He's a boomer himself

Actual Boomers are those born between 1946 and 1964, he is not a boomer user.

2086-1964 is 122, who the fucks living to 122? In 2086 I'll be 100 years old and I'm a millenial this is stupid.

>no actual replies
the trumpets are really in a bind with this one

There's no way this would pass.

rich frenchwomen who smoke, love chocolates, biking, and tennis

It is just fear mongering blog fodder. You are guzzling it down like a good cum slut.

Attached: 1495657184669.jpg (400x331, 13K)