How to ask for recommendations:
>Budget
>Source
>Type of headphone
>Open or closed
>Comfort level
>Sound signature
>Past headphones

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, save yourself the disappointment and save for Stax

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: staxaudio.com

Attached: SR009.jpg (1600x1200, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Philips-X2HR-Over-Ear-Open-Air-Headphone/dp/B01N5VHLUG
warosu.org/g/image/7UeHtrGjLlpwo_ZLEhzkOA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best poorfag stax setup under 300?

elex bro

Attached: 5JjwRmlaSmyptdaRZQiT_AI7B0606_copy_sticker_small_20171211123131.png (1080x1080, 916K)

>sheds a tear
Like it was an Orpheus?
>Realizes can't afford GLORIOUS STAX
Stax aren't that expensive. They're just not good.
>Your probably just have bad hearing.
Nah. I have good hearing, and am a classically trained violinist.
>Demoing in store is also almost useless because of the shitty conditions.
MFW a soundproof auditioning booth is considered shitty conditions now.

Attached: 1561406191933.gif (640x480, 11K)

No. They're just bad.

fucking neck yourself faggot

Have Stax.

have sex

If you want to be taken seriously, name some headphones that you like. It's easy to just say everything is bad.

Attached: 20190701_050433.jpg (1600x997, 768K)

>If you want to be taken seriously, name some headphones that you like. It's easy to just say everything is bad.
original post was a valid question based on an user's experience. If staxfags want to be taken seriously then they have to answer all the negative experiences that all the people who tries stax headphones claim to have.
>auditioned various models from woo in ny
>Is it just me, or are stax headphones/ear speakers garbage?
>Why are they so popular on /hpg/?

for me its zmf atticus

Attached: 367.jpg (680x817, 34K)

>It's easy to just say everything is bad.

it's also funny

>they have to answer all the negative experiences that all the people who tries stax headphones claim to have
X likes some headphones, Y doesn't, what is X supposed to say?
Anyway, my question was what models?
Which stax is garbage compared to what headphones?

Is the Philips Fidelio X2HR a good buy?
specifically this one amazon.com/Philips-X2HR-Over-Ear-Open-Air-Headphone/dp/B01N5VHLUG

Only Jow Forums pretends to like stax while everyone else claims to think stax is shit.
Hmm.... Maybe this is why you're supposed to listen to them before you buy.

No

Buy Stax

How much is edifier paying you you low life cum stain, get the fuck off /hpg/ you and your kin literally contribute fucking nothing and have turned this thread into pure cancer. FUCK OFF.

This is how black your soul becomes when you deny yourself the zen-like magic of Stax.

Don't live with a black soul. Have Stax

is schiit amp + d10 a good combo?

I got a Senn 600 for years. Is it worth getting one of those headphone thingies?

meh

So you're just a larping shitposter, probably the usual mad nostaxer incel, thank you for confirming.

Attached: 1558296151559.jpg (820x822, 195K)

>So you're just a larping shitposter
No.
>The state of stax shills.
MFW stax are officially gay now.

Attached: 536810_1.jpg (630x630, 46K)

>WAAAHHH I CANT AFFORD STAX
>THEY KEEP MAKING FUN OF MY PLEBDROP SNAPHEISSERS
>ITS NOT FAIIIIIRRRRR!!!!!!

Attached: images.jpg (259x195, 8K)

>WAAAHHH I CANT AFFORD STAX
Stax can't even afford to make their own original memes.
MFW it's macfag copy pasta.

t. senior citizen on fourchink.

I mean I have a HD600 and it's really hard to find a straight upgrade from it soooooo.... no?

Guys, I just demoed stax at my local synagogue. They're trash, hd600 is still the king.

Attached: 1546880702695.jpg (750x1035, 141K)

hd6xx or hd58x?

I meant the side thingies, not the headphones. The thing you plug the headphones into

i'm about to get a bunch of money for art work and what not and i want some new headphones, what's good that costs around 1,500$ or less?

Attached: dk.gif (100x100, 99K)

Guys I just demoed stax at my local Scientology church. How do I tell Xenu that they're complete shit without losing my rank in the galactic federation?

Mr. Speaker ethers

is planar my only choice at this price point?

Attached: unnamed6.jpg (3024x4032, 1.71M)

Was /hpg/ ever good, or was it always what we see in this current thread?

No. There's plenty of choices actually. Best bet is to do a live demo, and figure out which ones you like best in terms of sound, comfort for environment of use.

>Was /hpg/ ever good, or was it always what we see in this current thread?
Iirc it was okay for a minute, and then the sennshill ruined it, but then got replaced with the stax shill.

kinda sucks because im in the middle of nowhere and there are no hi-fi stores or anything, so i sadly have to shoot blindfolded. :(

these look good user, how comfy are they?

For me it needs to be the Ergo AMT headphones

Attached: ergo-amt-headphones-front.jpg (474x442, 35K)

not too bad. really hurt the first 2 days but the pads get soft and comfy the more you use them. wool headband cover seals the deal for me.

>kinda sucks because im in the middle of nowhere and there are no hi-fi stores or anything, so i sadly have to shoot blindfolded. :(
Maybe not. A lot of big sellers will let you basically "audition" a pair, and let you send it back until you find something that you like. Some enthusiast forums even had/have loaners, and if you're nuts there's actually some people who would let you try theirs.

DAC/Amp

Amp: Yeah, it depends what you listen to.
If you only listen to studio mastered stuff a HD600 is usually loud enough out of a phone/laptop/whatever but as soon as I/you want to listen to something live or watch a movie it definitely needs an amp.

Best amp in the world right now is a JDS Atom and it's $100 USD.

DAC: Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr maybe.

In terms of sound quality I can reliably ABX my phone and most of my laptops from my DAC but I can't reliably ABX my macbook air from my DAC because apple stuff tends to have pretty good SQ.

If you're gonna but and amp, sure, buy a DAC but only buy one of the $100 ones, like a shit modi/whatever JDS/whatever topping/whatever grace.etc

Most posters in this general are retarded as fuck so don't let them convince you to spend more money than that.

Where in the US can I try these?

Attached: 862255-taket-h2-headphones-and-tr2-transformer-box-thick-amp-thin-pads.jpg (1024x768, 246K)

MY HOUSE nigga

would you think that these could be comfortably worn while standing up or moving?, i'd also like for them to be a bit "portable" so i can record guitars, drums and what not.

that's very interesting user, thanks for letting me know, i might not be able to go thru this because i literally live close to the antartica but who knows.

City? You like beer?

First for END GAME

Attached: DE74FB04-A934-4E3A-B8AF-8C826F6CEE93.jpg (4032x3024, 2.11M)

What do you listen to bro?
I have a fuck load of experience with headphones but it really depends on the use case.

Closed/Open?
Gaming?

Always start with HD600.

First things first, where are you plugging them?
As much as the Elex is easy to drive, it doesn't even come with an 3.5mm jack, it supposes you're plugging it on an amp.
That being said, at that range, you can get quite a few excellent headphones.
The Elex is neutral, albeit a little forward in my opinion, but with excellent technical abilities. You could also look into the Ananda for better soundstage, and a little more laid back sound. Never heard the Ethers, but their quality control is miles better than that of the Ananda's. All of those are really comfy to use.

warosu.org/g/image/7UeHtrGjLlpwo_ZLEhzkOA
Shoo shill.

huh?

Attached: 31592AF7-003C-4F75-9629-33CF49A88D79.jpg (4032x2927, 2.17M)

I'm basically using my headphones for movies/music/gaming if that matters. Also thanks for the help

>shitposts the same images over and over again
Hurrr

stax

Me? Nah.

Attached: 0243627C-93CA-4D2A-B20E-9B1084098717.jpg (1343x1714, 591K)

this is actually a good post

Stax are for fags

Hey user, what’s listening with this morning?

Attached: 3CC7C3B8-BC60-4FA6-8CFD-25B44DF9DE54.jpg (3841x3024, 2.08M)

>Chink wave tier marketing.
This is the power of stax now.

Edifier is up 15 cents. You're doing good work by posting everyday.

I need a pair of headphones which don't sound boring. I need them for techno pop and classical music.

tfw when slightly drunk and listening to nice vocalists on my HD600

this is a good feel boys

huh?

Attached: 615B65D6-2895-43A9-8AC6-F779476A830B.jpg (3563x2673, 1.52M)

I leaned something, I've learned that amps really do something different on each headphone and on the same ones as well.

yeah okay that's cool nigga but how much money do you want to spend

Buy Stax

well yeah

Solid States: some clip some don't

Tubes: sound warm af and create harmonic resonance/distortion that can be really comfy to listen to

Not sure what to listen with desu

Attached: 63315019-CB00-4628-B582-922B97792B14.jpg (2581x2425, 1.6M)

good
now you comprehend the mindset that I have when I recommend anyone who wants to spend more than 300 bucks on headphones to go for a great amp and some cheaper headphones instead of a great pair of headphones

so many choices

Attached: 47395EA4-6DDB-40FA-B8EC-6B749CCB2882.jpg (4032x3024, 2.87M)

>huh
动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

Enjoy re-education camp chink nigger.

with amp: 6xx
no amp: 58x

not a bad thing I suppose

Attached: FA03F8BE-65B7-460B-AA0A-D5E2D9301118.jpg (3024x2479, 1.23M)

Not only tubes do changes, amps can increase soundstage on closed back headphones.

I've my modded ES10 and combo'd it with LABS EL and it sounds godlike..

ok 1990 with Crack it is

Attached: E0C51D53-AA91-445C-8447-6F6F21D5D14B.jpg (2687x2970, 1.93M)

huh?

Attached: B0435870-8128-40F0-820D-EDF47992DE72.jpg (4032x2921, 2.04M)

fuck i love the focal elex on tubes

Redpill me on electrostatic headphones.

Attached: white16by9_sqmvhu.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

el84’s?

agreed

listen cunt you've been posting about your modded ES10 twenty times per thread for a week

i love you but find a wife okay or something you don't need our validation

Bendix 6080WB and GE 5693 'red hot's'

You buy them.

>nice vocalists
Misread that as nine vocalists.
Mildly related: Did you watch Love Live yet?

Attached: 1536151277164.png (1080x1920, 2.46M)

339?

>Love Live

no, my friend is still yelling at me to watch im@s, i might watch love live after that?

Why would I? You see that staxfaggot spamming his shit all day? Not that I'm endorsing it or him. Also I post posts about ES10 per thread, whats wrong with it? I also replied to you as part of the discussion
>find a wife
Nah I'm fine I don't need 3dpd.

yup

sounds warmer than other tube combos but im liking it

pics?

I wouldn't mind getting an amp, but I already have an audio interface and it's changed how the resolution of sound is from just my laptop audio jack before
no idea how it'd compare to a mobo but I'm good with this for now until I get a PC

hd800s with Woo wa22

Attached: 2B641F66-3FE8-4592-AEAF-3A0303EF40F4.jpg (2772x3698, 2.07M)

Good choice, come home white man.

Attached: 8o8jhkn.jpg (4032x3024, 3.25M)

im@s is a nice idol franchise too.
If it's anime, I do prefer Love Live's, but YMMV. I liked both.
Do look up deresute, mirishita and sif, if you want to try them rhythm games.

i'm just playing with you dude
i'm glad you like your headphones

lets not pretend we wouldn't like wives though okay

How do you like the DT 1990 Pro?

Yes user, follow floor anons example.