Why AMD can't use the metal clip thing to prevent their CPUs from bending pins like Intel did...

Why AMD can't use the metal clip thing to prevent their CPUs from bending pins like Intel did? They don't have to do away with pins on CPU but at least they could keep it secure in place.

Attached: L_LGA1155-CPU.jpg (644x518, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HMqZ2PPOLik
youtu.be/y8U2NkbiMAI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Metal costs money, sure it might be cents, but it's still money.

AMD can sell you a 250~1000 dollar motherboard with plastic socket retention, why the fuck would they spend a few cents on metal socket retention?

I see no retention here at all. Even plastic one would be fine

>Metal costs money, sure it might be cents, but it's still money.
>they spend a few cents
Because people will buy a safer option - Intel instead, or alternatively they could fire the shills that post on Jow Forums.

Attached: 70.jpg (760x392, 62K)

>this thread

Do you not see the lever next to the socket?

Attached: 010.png (374x376, 178K)

Do you see a difference between how intel cpu and amd cpu are held in place? a huge hatch vs pin bending strainer that aligns top and bottom part in place when you move a flimsy level.

>the AMD's paid shills are so rabid they attack even a suggestion how to improve their product rather than to acknowledge good will

it doesn't need it cause it has pins

>a huge hatch vs pin bending strainer that aligns top and bottom part in place when you move a flimsy level.
It just works™, you simpleton.

exactly, and the pins bend when you pull out the cpu "wrong way"(TM) (a join trademark by Apple and AMD). I already seen stalls with boxes of "bent pins cpus" at a local computer market last week. even a plastic safeguard would prevent that.

>OP grugged his way around the CPU socket
>"no! grugg no fault shiny rock work no more! is shiny rock company fault!"
Face it, you sperg, if it were LGA you would have bent the socket pins instead.

Attached: smilelaugh.jpg (798x798, 101K)

If we're up to emoji and memes then here you are
youtu.be/HMqZ2PPOLik
>Every company ever designing crap and that failed

>disposable amd just bend it cpus with overblown shill department
vs
>chad intel "just werks" that spends the money on improving their designs

I already seen stalls with boxes of "bent pins cpus" at a local computer market last week.
Maybe retards shouldn't try to build a PC.

I know this is a troll thread but if by any tiny chance you're a retard, I'll help you:

Intel uses this bracket only because they don't have pins that would otherwise hold the CPU safely enough. It's an LGA socket not PGA. AMD also uses such bracket in their LGA sockets like TR4 or the Epyc one.

I haven't owned AMD since Athlon XP, I assumed they were all using LGA these days.

If I buy Ryzen 3000 am I really gonna have pins on the CPU itself?

>If I buy Ryzen 3000 am I really gonna have pins on the CPU itself?
Yes, unless you buy a Threadripper when it comes out eventually.

Because you don't need to prevent pins from bending when they are already inserted into the socket.

Shitty bait thread, no (You) or bump from me.

Attached: file.png (1440x697, 276K)

>no (You) or bump from me
>posts an image, negating his (announced, which is against the rules) sage
How new are you?

>he thinks that images negate sage
How new are you?

Attached: corn.jpg (617x416, 53K)

why the fuck don’t we have fiber optic pinless computing, every other computer part just plugs in, why do I have do a docking procedure that puts NASA scientists to shame

fuck this shit, I’m out

Attached: 0429CD9A-FD81-4604-B100-8C0F545F7105.jpg (204x133, 3K)

With Intel you bend the pins on the motherboard if you don't know how to drop the cpu straight in.

Use Threadripper then rart

This is some alright b8

AM4, AMD's current socket, still uses PGA. They do have LGA on the TR4 (Threadripper) sockets, though.

just remember to heat and twist your cooler when you dismount it
don't fucking pull

incel only changes sockets to justify ripping people off more for upgrades

>Why AMD can't use the metal clip thing to prevent their CPUs from bending pins
Because AMD doesn't have this problem (except for TR which has metal clip too)
>like Intel did
Intel pins still bend every time
>They don't have to do away with pins
What language is this

>a safer option - Intel
Holy shit intel shills have no shame

>improve product

this is coming from a paid shill from a company that still refuses to solder their cpu's

was about to say that kek

>the shills are out in full force
Lga has a retention bracket, doesn't mean you can't fuck up pins. And if you do 9/10 you are fucked, they are incredibly hard to fix
PGA you can easily use a razor to bend them back, no problem. Ive fixed plenty of amd cups, only one or two Intel mobos.
youtu.be/y8U2NkbiMAI

>to prevent their CPUs from bending pins like Intel did?
LGA socket pins are much easier to damage and almost impossible to repair.

If you are a clumsy fuck and somehow bent a cpu pin at least you have a chance of bending it back in place, if you drop something into the socket it's FUCKED.

Besides it just fucking works so why bother?

>when you pull out the cpu
>pull the cpu

It's zero force ffs, you drop it in or lift it up, you don't pull on your fucking CPU.

How in the fuck do you even bend pins in a fucking ZIF socket? I refuse to believe it's anything but memes.
>read the fucking mobo manual if it's your first time
>pull lever up
>remove cpu from packaging
>orient and align cpu with socket using MOTHERFUCKING KEY NOTCHES AND CLEAR VISUAL INDICATORS
>drop cpu in socket
>check to make sure it's inserted all the way in
>push lever down carefully but firmly and secure it
>???????
>PROFIT
No amount of hamfingers is an excuse for fucking that up, you simply can't unless you're severely dysfunctional and retarded and shouldn't be key anywhere near technology or society at all.

Attached: bentpins.jpg (1600x1200, 660K)

>If it's your first time
Am I weird that I always follow the manual every single time? Each board's different.

Not weird, reading manuals is always good. With new socket type for sure, or if you don't do it on a regular-ish basis and need a refresher with your old one.

MFW
>Intel has to use metal because plastic melts too easily

Attached: 1443257426935.jpg (247x204, 7K)

Because AMD CPUs, being pin based on the CPU rather than the motherboard socket, is held down fine by just the locking lever and the cooler. Threadripper and EPYC use locking mechanism though. Maybe you should learn not to be a fucking sperg who drops his CPU and bends the pins.

Have you tried not pulling the CPU the wrong way? It goes straight up, it goes straight down, how fucking hard is that to understand?

Also even if you bend a pin it's far easier to fix on an AMD CPU than those God forsaken Intel fish hooks on the motherboard. You bend one of those fish hooks and unless you're a Swiss watchmaker your motherboard is trash.

>Each board's different.
Yeah but each CPU socket or PCIe socket works the same. It's not rocket science. The only time I consult the manual is to check which of their RAM slots and PCIe slots and SATA slots are the fast ones, because apparently there's still not a color standard or marking standard for that sort of shit.

>Baby needs his hand held to remove a CPU
Just stop trying lmao. Let someone else build your PC for you jfc.

Attached: 16498.jpg (1024x577, 121K)

>PCIe slot and RAM
Top x16 slot for where the GPU should go. Have 2 sticks of RAM? Just stagger their placement so every other slot is filled to enable dual channel.

>Have 2 sticks of RAM? Just stagger their placement so every other slot is filled to enable dual channel.
Apparently on some boards it matters which two non-adjacent RAM slots you pick.

I am an avid fan of AMD and have had AMD for a long time. But I also managed to rip out my CPU of tge socket before when I tried to change the fan. Shit was literally glued to tge cooler. Bend two pibs which where easy to fix though

Huh. Never knew. I always got by fine just choosing 2 random non adjacent slots unless something else was broke. Always booted fine.
It happens. That's why with the CPU still locked in it's socket, you unmount the cooler and give it a light twist rather than pull.

lga are way more delicate and a pain in the ass to repair.

>too stupid to use a ZIF socket
>applies grug force to CPU, blames the socket when he breaks things

Attached: brainlet_bike.jpg (683x817, 57K)

Yeah it boots fine either way, but I recall reading about this RAM thing somewhere a couple of days ago. Can't tell you which platform it was or how platform dependent it is, but apparently in some cases one set of dual channel slots will support higher clocks and more stable overclocks than the other. The other set is basically meant for when you absolutely need quad channel.

That's actually solid advice, thanks user. Next time I'll remove the cooler I'll keep the twisting in mind! Appreciate the help

>How in the fuck do you even bend pins in a fucking ZIF socket? I refuse to believe it's anything but memes.
To be fair, the problem isn't putting the CPU in, or even taking it out, but taking the cooler off. It often happens that the cooler is so stuck to the IHS that pulling the cooler off takes the whole CPU with it out of the socket, and that can easily bend pins. And for many coolers you can't release the CPU before taking the cooler off.

Yes, you can slide the cooler off sideways, but if you aren't experienced with it, it's not easy to predict that you should have to do that.

Thanks for the reminder for my next AMD build though, I haven't used AMD in a while.

Oh yeah intels sockets just work, like a coked up mess. I remember back in the Lynnfield-era where the foxconn made sockets literally damaged themselfes due to lackluster tollerances in the sockets' pins and subsequent burning of the socket itself

Attached: burnsocketS.jpg (550x334, 114K)

It's a feature

>Each board is different.
I've been assembling computers since 10 y.o., never held a manual in my hand and never damaged any single component in my life.
How retarded do you have to be to fuck up a damn cpu or socket? I've heard of damaged motherboards only from friends dropping a fucking scredriver on to the fucking motherboard.
God you amerifats are such brainlets.

The mere fact that this mistake happens should be enough to consider adding further security to the socket. People should be allowed to make mistakes.

Attached: gull.jpg (548x593, 124K)

>being this gull-ible
Computer innards are designed to be serviceable by competent persons, not fully idiot-proof. If you drop your chip onto a LGA socket and bend the pins, or somehow fuck up inserting or removing a PGA chip enough to bend the pins, you are an idiot. Especially with the PGA design -- all but extreme pin bending is very easily corrected with the edge of a stiff card.

People should be allowed to be idiots.

Attached: gull.png (548x593, 703K)

Yes they should. And if they choose to practice their idiocy around expensive and delicate parts, they shouldn't be surprised when they have to buy a new one.

People should be allowed to not be aware of their own idiocy, then.

Attached: gull.jpg.jpg (548x593, 175K)

I guess it prevents people pulling the CPU out when the thermal paste becomes glue.

AHHHHH

Attached: 4KV84UN[1].jpg (2904x1944, 396K)

They are always allowed to do that, but just like walking into oncoming traffic, there are consequences to your actions.

This. I have done that with AMD chips and back when Intel used PGA. It's something I'm really glad I don't have to deal with on LGA.

Just give the HSF a little twist before pulling

>his CPU has pins

Attached: 62616258.cms.jpg (800x600, 31K)

had this happen to me. by some miracle i got a refund on it (ryzen 2700x)

love mattv, RIP

just wiggle the cooler it a little sideways

Cry Intel shillboy, cry. 7/7 is right around the corner.

Is it going to be LGA or otherwise have an anchor bracket? No? Then fuck off.