What's your excuse to not be paying for things using your phone?

What's your excuse to not be paying for things using your phone?

Attached: appul-pey.jpg (750x786, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

politics.stackexchange.com/questions/30973/why-did-russia-ban-telegram-but-not-whatsapp-given-the-latter-uses-end-to-end-e
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_stripe_card#Track_2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What's your excuse to not be paying for things using your phone?
I don't need Google on top of all the others to know what I buy and when

All cards are contactless in Europe btw

on paper I would not like the owner of this phone to be associated with the owner of a bank account that I make purchases from

card is more convenient and faster

my card doesn't have a battery life and that's what i appreciates about it

I only ever pay in cash. My debit card is only for withdrawals.

>card is more convenient and faster
Not really, considering that I always have my phone on me. Sliding my phone out of my pocket and placing my finger on the fingerprint reader is faster than finding a card and pulling it out of my wallet. I can't just store my card with my phone, because then it would interfere with the RFID card I use for public transport.

botnet

only use cash or crypto

>All cards are contactless in Europe btw
No cardholder verification, therefore more insecure. Transactions have a cap. I paid for a £1500 suit and £700 laptop with my phone contactlessly. Can’t do that with a contactless card without inserting and entering pin.
Wrong. Slower to get out and the communication distance is closer due to the NFC chip being unpowered.
Based.

why is it that people keep using muh security to push surveillance-heavy/censorship-prone tech? like when people kept celebrating whatsapp adding end-to-end encryption. who cares when one of these ends is owned by fucking faceobok?

>phone doesn't have NFC
>don't have to charge my credit cards
>phone is more likely to get stolen by a nigger, since cards can be deactivated asap

Cash is the only safe way to avoid being tracked.
Also, fuck (((banks))). I don't even have a bank account, I have direct deposit set up through my employer into a Bluebird pre-paid card, which I always withdraw completely out at the closest Walmart.
Banks wreck our economy, if everybody just stopped using banks, our economy would be so much better. Just start by not paying everything by card or check and using cash instead, you have no idea how much fees commerce is charged by those bastards just to accept card - and they don't even get their money immediately, especially if you use a credit card.

false, with phone contactless is unlimited

>Can’t do that with a contactless card without inserting and entering pin.
You can in Australia, just tap your card and enter in the pin when requested. Even if you're paying with your phone, if it's above $100 it'll ask for your card's pin as that's the limit.

i don't think you understand what end-to-end means

Because I'm not a zoomer so I don't obsess over doing everything with my phone.

Why would I want to do that when cash exists?

So it takes longer?
Aka less convenient.
Phone wins.

Did you miss the part where I said you have to enter your pin if you use your phone too?

>Transactions have a cap. I paid for a £1500 suit and £700 laptop with my phone contactlessly. Can’t do that with a contactless card without inserting and entering pin.
I'm pretty sure there's no cap on contactless. The only limitation with contactless is that you cannot do cashout with them. Any purchases over a threshold (here it's $100 AUD) would require a pin (no requirement for the card to be inserted)
From my experience, using the contactless payments on my phone functions exactly the same as using the card for a contactless payment.

I think he means his phone doesn't require a PIN or password for large purchases........which would be a terrible idea.

there is no cap on card tap, you simply need to enter pin to confirm beyond pinless cap

I'm talking about the PIN set up on the bank card. Which is seperate from the phone. You need to place your finger on the fingerprint scanner (or enter the phone's passcode) before being able to make a contactless payment, then if the payment is over the $100 AUD threshold, you then need to enter the PIN.

Is there any fees attached to contactless payments? If there is then I'm sticking with cash.

>Is there any fees attached to contactless payments? If there is then I'm sticking with cash.
Some places charge a surcharge fee, but they will inform you of that if they do, and many of those places the surcharge only applies to AmEx. Everywhere I go, they don't charge a surcharge fee. Basically, it costs no more to pay via card or contactless compared to paying cash, unless you are told otherwise, or unless you're using a currency which causes the amount to round down. An example of that is that if someone paid for $50.04 NZD worth of petrol, the $0.04 NZD would be rounded off when paying cash, as the smallest physical currency denomination in New Zealand is $0.10 NZD, as if you paid by card, you would be charged the $0.04 NZD.

This.

Unless you WANT to be part of the botnet always use cash

For merchants yeah, for you no.

New Zealand doesn't have a 5 cent coin? Really?

I like owning things

>i don't think you understand what end-to-end means
So you believe Jews

Let's put it more clearly:
Putin blocked telegram in Russia because they didn't hand him a backdoor to the (real) keys exchanged by users

WhatsApp still works in Russia.
Do 2+2

Not in the UK you don’t.
Only need your fingerprint or face for phone payments of any value.

Why have the convenience of phone payment if you force people to enter their pins anyway? You can’t claim there’s no cardholder verification, the fingerprint/face/passcode is the verification. Using my phone also masks my real card number.

No

politics.stackexchange.com/questions/30973/why-did-russia-ban-telegram-but-not-whatsapp-given-the-latter-uses-end-to-end-e

I use it, but for only when I leave my wallet in my car by accident (rarely happens), or the store has self-checkout so I don't like a retard when it doesn't work

>fingerprint/face/passcode is the verification
You don't even need that for anything under $100 on Android, you just open your lockscreen and tap it.
On iOS you need to do the whole thing but that's on them.

Because I keep a low digital footprint and don't want to willingly extend my attack vector

I don't wanna enable pin or pattern lock on my phone just to pay for stuff on occasion.
Now if Google pay would let me enter the app and ask for pin before using it, it wouldn't be a big deal, but no, they idiot proofed it and now it always has to run in the background so you can tap without having google pay open at all.

>android is insecure
Color me surprised

Attached: C2B2E7C0-6492-46D9-8C98-AD47458E5805.jpg (1242x2152, 1.06M)

A card's chipset is not something you can realistically copy and it also doesn't need internet connected botnet apps that will extract as much marketing data as humanly possible.

Yea, I don't just mean the actual transaction, I mean anything the embedded ads or tracking by "partner" companies and shit can grab and help profile.

>Transactions have a cap. I paid for a £1500 suit and £700 laptop with my phone contactlessly. Can’t do that with a contactless card without inserting and entering pin.
I can change cap to any number in web panel.
I can set caps to any kind way of paying/transferring money.

>I don't wanna enable pin or pattern lock
Can't use fingerprint?
Also, why are you using Google Pay instead of using your bank's app?

>A card's chipset is not something you can realistically copy
CC numbers can be copied very easily, though.

But fair point about botnet and data mining.

It's as secure as tapping your card would be, there's no reason to add another step.

In China you can use your phone to pay almost everywhere. Buy vegetables, get a taxi, someone will be on the street selling some out-the-boot tshirts or shoes or whatever and even they will have the scannable code to pay with your phone. You can lend friends money with no hassle, over the internet. You don't even have to conduct a bank transaction since after linking your bank card (a prerequisite), you have your own wallet in the app which can be used independently of your bank account. They are like a decade ahead of the west in this respect. In the west I guess there was more fightback from established banking, and more regulations.

As for why people don't use it, I was in England recently and a friend of mine said he didn't trust it since someone could steal your phone. With Google Pay you could make payments up to £20 without entering a password. I have no idea why they have such a system. In China all payments are passworded, either by facial recognition, thumb or a 6 digit password. But with Google Pay you couldn't choose to password small payments, or at least I couldn't find out how. It seems like they were going for convenience but just made people feel insecure.

Attached: CgoOE1sOWqCAU3tqAAFS8csj4bM624.jpg (900x583, 86K)

Yes, really, since the financial year of 2006, New Zealand has had no 5 cent coin. New Zealand five cent coins are no longer legal tender, however, they still circulate around Australia because their similar size to Australia’s five cent coin confuses cash handlers.

I use it because I'm usually more concerned about the fucker behind the counter and their shitty vulnerable card reader than I am about botnets or my phone getting hacked/stolen. Contactless payments use virtual account numbers for each transaction that can't be reused or stolen.

You can create a valid chipless card from a chip card's data by changing one value on the magnetic stripe because U.S. merchants and card processors are fucking morons.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_stripe_card#Track_2

Attached: Aufnahme_der_magnetischen_Struktur_eines_Magnetstreifens_auf_eine_EC-Karte_%28Aufnahme_mit_CMOS-MagV (500x317, 61K)

I do, but I use my Apple Watch instead, a lot faster by just pressing the same button twice and don't have to authenticate with Face ID.

In France "Contact-less" payment with your card are limited to 30€ by most (if not all) banks

So I can take your watch (and phone) and can just spend money freely? Sounds ridiculous.

As soon as you take the watch off it locks itself, so it still more secure than a standard card, not sure what you're trying to prove here.

>magnetic stripe
Only 3rd world countries still use that.

*blocks your path*

Attached: pic_6_1000_recto.jpg (980x551, 440K)

>why are you using google pay
My bank decided to discontinue nfc payments in their stupid app and redirected people to google or samsung pay.

You use a phone to phone people.
You don't use a phone to pay for things.
If you used a phone to pay for things then it would be cash!
BUT YOU DON'T USE CASH TO PHONE PEOPLE, DO YOU?!

Bargeld ist gut.

If anyone can unlock iCloud kik me
Meltedcheese76
Willing to pay

>What's your excuse to not be paying for things using your phone?
When I go out, I leave my phone at home for privacy reasons. I'm guessing that payment apps need a bunch of botnet (eg, google play) to be installed and operating in order to work. Android software updates are a shitshow, my phone is far and away the least-secure device I own. It offers no advantages of any substance compared to paying with a card. (both of which have important disadvantages compared to cash, but I digress) And several disadvantages, I never have to remember to plug my card into a charger lest its battery die.

Paying with a phone is the stupidest idea since the Segway. Or possibly since the Juicero.

bluetooth can be used for payments in lieu of nfc

Using Samsung Pay since it has been released here in Italy
Used my card only one time I think because my bank put the traffic generated trough Samsung Pay as Maestro payments and I have a monthly cap there

>implying implications

Attached: 826ACC44-647D-40D6-A3DA-262239BDFAB6.jpg (1242x1358, 528K)

I used to use the rbc app to use my credit card but my nexus 6 broke and I replaced it with a mi a2 which doesnt have nfc.

This phone is so shitty but ill be damned if I ever pay more than $400 for a phone

If you consider it a pocket sized personal computer instead of just a phone, it's a lot easier to justify the price.

>Jow Forums suddenly obsessed with half a second of convenience at the cost of running all your transactions through google / apple
and of course it's the fucking eurotards pushing hardest as always, it's like they're a race dedicated to cucking themselves as hard and as often as possible

Attached: 1516049995304.jpg (711x669, 70K)

I'm all for privacy but I don't see what's so bad about letting Apple handle your payments. It's not like Apple is an advertising company.

True but new phones dont really offer much. Its getting close to the point where pixel 2s and s8s are reaching that ~$400 canadabux point.

too bad they don't make a phone worth using

They make the only phone worth using imo.

Attached: you-must-be-a-special-type-of-retarded(1).jpg (500x500, 181K)

Because I don't want Google, Apple, or Samsung to know what I am buying. What's wrong with just using a card? I pull it out of my wallet, insert it into the reader, enter my pin, and it's done. Only group that knows what I'm purchasing is my credit union, who is not legally allowed to share that information with anyone.

>Because I don't want Google, Apple, or Samsung to know what I am buying. What's wrong with just using a card? I pull it out of my wallet, insert it into the reader, enter my pin, and it's done. Only group that knows what I'm purchasing is my credit union, who is not legally allowed to share that information with anyone.

Zoomers need all the time they can get to play fortnite and wandering on a lime scooter.

Real answer is that im trying to get the smallest digital footprint possible (and o know this sounds fedora as fuck)

I always have my wallet with me but not necessarily my phone

Yuropoors are asleep, it's all strayans m8

Its weird honestly, this is probably the third thread I've seen in just a short time.
Are there more to this conspiracy?

>So I can take your watch (and phone) and can just spend money freely? Sounds ridiculous.
Even if the watch didn't lock making what you are describing impossible, what you're saying is fucking retarded. It's much more likely for you wallet to be stolen. If your wallet is stolen, the cards in it can be used, and whatever cash in there can be taken. If you don't carry a wallet, and instead, just carry a phone, you don't have that additional risk. Everyone in this thread saying "Well, I could steal your phone" is just fucking retarded.

>Only group that knows what I'm purchasing is my credit union, who is not legally allowed to share that information with anyone.
HAHAHHAHAHAHA OH GOD HE ACTUALLY BELIEVES THIS BWAHAHAHAHA.
You do know those cards are owned and regulated by megacorps Visa or Mastercard, who gathers all your information and shares it with the highest bidders, right?
USE FUCKING CASH, YOU DUMB KIDS. BILLS CAN BE PAID WITH MONEY ORDERS.

1. Evidence or GTFO
2. Why should I care?
3. Stop lugging around change you fucking boomer.

>big corporation knows my spending habits
>they know i buy trap onaholes, used thinkpads, jelly dildos, gasoline, arcade cabinet parts, skirts and women's undergarments

what do they do with this information?

Attached: licc.jpg (483x461, 31K)

So you haven't noticed any ads for women's clothing?

i block ads so I wouldn't even know
probably not

no phone, fucking normies

I sincerely hope this is a joke. Otherwise, fucking boomers I swear.
The utility of mobile devices have vastly improved over the years. It is possible to use these devices to preform multiple tasks, including taking notes, and browsing the web.
There's no need for the to carry seperate devices for these seperate tasks. I'm not going to lug around change and a notepad.

I don't even have contactless ( is wrong btw).
Too insecure and traceable. If I could go conpletely cardless/get paid in bitcoin I would.
Useless IoT is useless.

Attached: 37e6fabb0ebb657bbc251d4004d541689d47f1fef36290392d0fc0f19828f24c.jpg (255x205, 12K)

The cope of westerners is so funny. So many luddites. This is exactly the kind of conversation you'd expect of a falling empire. The east is rising and it's attitudes like "technology bad!" that will let it happen sooner rather than later.

Attached: 7605-heqpwqx9943551.jpg (1940x1091, 110K)

We're not hostile to China because "technology bad", we're hostile to them because "surveillance and social control bad".

baste

Their attitude is to embrace the new, for their rules and regulations, economic activity, etc. to adapt to new technology. In the west this just doesn't happen, and as you can see in this thread, people are blissfully unaware of how backwards they sound and how self-destructive their conservative attitudes are.

Well I sure am glad you think your specific use case represents everyone

you forgot to add your adress and name since you don't mind much.

I find it more convenient to pull the card out of my wallet, insert the card and enter my pin instead of taking out my phone and using fingerprint reader.

>I find it more convenient to do something objectively less convenient

Attached: mart.jpg (206x304, 15K)

Pulling my wallet out of my pocket and pulling the phone out of my pocket are the same effort level.

It's virtually the same. The only important difference is whether you pull out your phone or your wallet and if you find anything else significant then you are mentally ill zoomer.

>local bank removes their virtual card option from their app, forces me to use google pay instead
>okay whatever it's functionally equivalent
>use google pay for the first time at a japanese ramen restaurant
>5 minutes later
>NOTIFICATION FROM GOOGLE MAPS: HOW WAS YOUR RAMEN FAGGOT 5 STARS WANT TO LEAVE A REVIEW AS WELL?
>remove card from google pay immediately

Cash exists

Enjoy paying 5% more on every purchase.

Cash back/points/benefits are jewish tricks used to increase inequality and social tensions by making poor people even more poor.

Enjoy being tracked

>something that takes 3 steps is better than something that, in most countries, takes 2 steps
literally lolling right now

Attached: wenns.jpg (217x305, 22K)

>oh no the botnet knows which grocery stores I shop at!

Good. Fuck poor people.

If you are so hell bent on min-maxing your life, you should just kys and be done with it.

I wonder who's behind that post.

Attached: ?.png (416x421, 2K)