/iemg/ - In-Ear Monitors General (animu edition)

IEM advice request template:
>Your Budget
>Your Location
>Wired/wireless
>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

Attached: bandori2.jpg (1536x2048, 439K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/32814067279.html
youtu.be/QdZ2-9qZipY
esstech.com/index.php/en/news/newsroom/lg-v30-and-v30-smartphones-feature-audiophile-performance-ess-technology/
youtube.com/watch?v=9D-QD_HIfjA
amazon.com/gp/product/B07F1JRKTC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

last thread died because it wasnt anime

Kokoro best bandori

anime iemg is bad

are these even good

No they aren't. Pioneer has not been good for the last 20 years. OP sucks and thread will inevitably suck. OP is there for the anime and not the IEMs. The pic is skating the line of OK the edition is not.
Abandon ship

Stop flooding. There's already this thread so use it or leave.

Assblasted OP

I'm not the OP retard.

What's a good T2 cable on aliexpress?

>less than 100usd
>NC
>Wired
>preferably either hanging or earbuds
>neutral sound signature, or slightly v shaped (but not muddy)
Past iems:
>sony nigga bass earbuds
>default samsung earbuds
>fucking earpods

Im not that much of an audiophile, but something that can help me record music, and also sounds pleasant at the gym or on the way to class would be really nice.

That's a weird way to spell Lisa.
Also /iemg/, are there any recommended 2-pin Bluetooth modules? I know bt audio sucks, but it's quite comfy while commuting.

>the only thing that sounds similar to my FIBAE ME is the empire ears Legend X
>it starts at $2300

Attached: 1554114922066.jpg (400x400, 23K)

do cute girls even wear or give a fuck about IEMs, all of those anime drawings are lying

>do cute girls even wear
Some do because they wanted something nice. Audio is overwheming male dominated, so unless they happen to be a practicing musician, it isn't that likely.

Tin T2

Saaya IEMs when?

i'm debating whether the kxxs are worth it over the kanas pro, so far people are saying it's a nice upgrade but it's $180

Attached: 10312718.jpg (1960x4032, 800K)

some qts do

Attached: kz-zs10-headphones-10-driver-in-earphone-4ba-1dd-dynamic-armature-earbuds-hifi-bass-headset-noise-ca (900x1245, 115K)

Why the fuck are my new T3s hissing?
>default cable
>plugged into phone
>no strong sources of EM interference nearby
>plugged in well, from everything I can see
And yet whenever something is playing on low volume, the hiss is very audible. It disappears if nothing's playing, and becomes pretty much unnoticeable whenever the actual music gets slightly louder, but it makes quiet sections really fucking bad.
I've had that (except worse) with a shitty bluetooth cable before, which is normal, and $10 chinkphones. These are T3s with a wired cable. What fucking gives? Is this normal or are they fucked? Is there anything I can do?

I might consider getting a dedicated music player if it's my phone's fault, but how likely is that really? I get that interference is a problem with audio and phones are tiny and full of electronic shit, but surely they don't literally give you a permanent audible hiss. I will have to try with some actual headphones later though.

Because you bought fucking cheap chink memephones instead of real earphones.

It really could be that it is noisy and the T3 is that sensitive, that possibility exists.
Have you tried fiddling with the data settings? Is it a steady incoherent hiss or random squealing, chirping, etc.?

T3 has a balanced armature and those are very revealing of a source’s noise floor. It’s probably your phone ramping up CPU activity playing music, which is why it gets quiet when nothing is playing.
Try having the T3s plugged in at a moderate volume and do anything with your phone, but no volume (ie open a web browser and return home). You may be able to hear high frequency activity in-line with the phone’s CPU activity.

The BT one i shill. I have 2 i just swap and charge... did a 8 hour ride with them on the weekend.

aliexpress.com/item/32814067279.html

this is price range where i too am hesitant to buy chink...

>Why the fuck are my new T3s hissing?
Because the T3 has a Balanced Armature Driver (a tuning fork) that does the treble. They are succeptable to hiss.

My BT T2 which is Dual Dynamic Driver is silent , but with my BGVP there is a bit of hiss.

its just the analogue output circuitry in the phone

Attached: IMG_7623.jpg (3264x2448, 941K)

>Swap and charge MMCX
Do you really want to do that with something with only 500 pairing cycles on paper?

/gbpen/ represent

Attached: [HorribleSubs] BanG Dream! S2 - 10 [720p].mkv_snapshot_05.02_[2019.03.07_20.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

There are two separate BT IEMs in the picture dork. Tin and BGVP.

And yes im sure you could probably swap the MMCX on a single set daily for at least a year... after all its only a $6 dollar cable and you are more likely to loose them in that time frame than wear out the MMCX

Attached: afb03f2e-3320-43f2-8f12-287193e58e84.jpg (885x689, 52K)

>this is price range where i too am hesitant to buy chink...
what do you recomend at the 150-200 price range?

Attached: 2C1CCB23-17E8-41A9-905C-E25696F97164.jpg (750x1040, 210K)

wew

I was about to pull the Trigger on the BGVP DM6 last year and then they just ran out of stock for months on end .. and then i decided to go for a custom fit after what anons here we saying and the lead times were worse.. Now im just comfy with my DAP + QT2 and BT T2 ... i really haven't been keeping up with what the new giant killer is in the $200 space ... Haven't watched BGGAR for a while either ... been spending most my money on bike and car parts instead TBPH

Attached: 2019-02-22 14.16.10 www.aliexpress.com 6452da8dd26c.png (744x563, 222K)

Is there a point in buying higher end daps if I already have an LG V30?

Attached: 1559677633638.jpg (542x573, 108K)

Yes I’m aware but in some phones it’s worse than others.
This is what I was trying to get him to listen for,
youtu.be/QdZ2-9qZipY

Roselia is okay.

Good Question.

No if your library is just lossy / lossless 16bit and even 24bit.

Yes if you want the absolute best you can get. DSD 128 is where it is at and the ES9218P does not do DSD.

esstech.com/index.php/en/news/newsroom/lg-v30-and-v30-smartphones-feature-audiophile-performance-ess-technology/

Attached: 73dd0337-2d0e-4e01-b216-42d62002a7f2.jpg (837x923, 275K)

There is really no way to tell until you try your own combo out... But one thing is for sure DAPs dont hiss.

No, a steady hiss. Very much reminds me of the bluetooth hiss, where the signal is noisy but when nothing is playing it's getting ignored so it's quiet, but as soon as something plays the noise gets played too.

I got very very slight results on that test, but it's not at all what's bothering me. Has to be the actual playback circuitry that's noisy.
Will a DAP fix this? Should I get a Z3?

Yep.

Just got this in the mail yesterday, pretty good so far
It has those little "stripes" on it that make better resist to tangling like some older Sony headphones
If you don't need the mic remote there's the usual shilled Yinyoo 16 core cables or the other TRN ones

Attached: 1562053548755.jpg (1746x2328, 2.59M)

Here's the link since I keep getting the spam warning each time I try to paste it

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-02-09-47-52.jpg (919x208, 20K)

Both suck shit

get an impedance adapter jack, there's a few on aliexpress that seem to fix what you're talking about.

>Your Budget
£30 lol
>Your Location
UK
>Wired/wireless
Wired
>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
I've only used basic £2 earbuds so I'm thinking I should stick with them, especially when it comes to my budget.
>Sound signature
I know nothing of this. Warm and Smooth? Deep sound and clear vocals I guess?
>Past IEMs
I tend to mostly buy LANGSDOM JM26 in bulk until they all break and then the cycle repeats. I quite enjoy the sound/feel of them.

Attached: 1526964712535.gif (303x307, 1.24M)

Are there any "truly" wirelees IEMs that are good? I'm kind of into the general idea but I can't imagine the sound quality being any better than mediocre-.
Alternatively, if I buy traditional IEMs and slap a bluetooth cable on them, how much quality am I compromising here?

I don't know dick about high quality audio.

>The BT one i shill. I have 2 i just swap and charge... did a 8 hour ride with them on the weekend.

Why BT? Your Sound Quality gets worse.

>Are there any "truly" wirelees IEMs that are good?
No
> if I buy traditional IEMs and slap a bluetooth cable on them, how much quality am I compromising here?
Nothing really if you are just listening to 16bit just pick a cable that doesnt hiss.

>Why BT?
erm i was excercising heavily riding my road bike and sweat makes cables go rank
>Your Sound Quality gets worse
It really doesnt the codecs are not the problem anymore the shit low power consumption analogue output topologies

Let me get this straight. I have my Macbook and iPhone and watch pushing audio to my BT T2 all day and im happy.... Its only when i get some fresh 24bit .flac or DSD 128 rips do i even feel the need to whip my DSD DAP out and youtube.com/watch?v=9D-QD_HIfjA

Attached: IMG_1888.jpg (3264x2448, 2.82M)

Are the T2's actually good or is Zeos shilling?

They're good as long as you're fine with no bass. Unless you want to do the bass mod.

Bass Mod curve looks fine to me.

Attached: da bass da treble.jpg (692x939, 158K)

can you buy inline play controls that will work with Android for wired headphones? I only see volume controls.

My regional Amazon has KZ stuff on sale. What's my best choice here? I want something I can do sporty stuff with, so most likely getting a Bluetooth module for whatever I end up buying. No idea about signature, I have some koss Porta pro with Yaxi earpads that I love. Prices are in MXN. 1 USD equals to 19 MXN, roughly.

Attached: kz s.png (1614x1374, 743K)

Shit like this makes me not want a massdrop+

Attached: UF5vbzD.jpg (1960x4032, 457K)

Might as well stick bluetack directly into your ears so you don't need earphones at all.

>yukina
Good taste, user.

I own the ZSN and I like them, but never for doing sportty shit.
For 500 taco bucks is a good deal and the best part is you can get those tomorrow instead of waiting like a month if you order from Ali...

this is your brain on anime

More voltage, more current, no silly impedance detector, physical buttons.

>DSD
>Audiobudget
You must be trying to make me mad.

Hello

Attached: IMG_20190217_013717.jpg (2248x2000, 2.09M)

Are spinfit tips worth it?

Yes, they're comfy

what’s wrong with DSD

Do they really have no bass? I'm not going to mod.

guy here, is
the only recommendation I can get out of that line up?

They sound great, just don't expect tons of bass, especially below 100 Hz. If you really want more bass you could use an equalizer to add some more, maybe use the oratory1990 presets

>Your Budget
Max is ~$130 ish, would prefer to spend closer to $100 but meh it's just federal reserve notes
>Location
US
>Wired/wireless
wired
>Over-ear/Hanging/Earbuds
Indifferent/don't care
>Sound Signature
Whatever's best for classical, probably pretty neutral
>Past IEMs
chink shit
getting IEM because headphones shit the bed and want to be able to wear something small

Attached: Gigapuddi[1].png (32x32, 315)

ER2XR or ER2SE

this is as neutral as you can get within that budget

Attached: 88d622166f005584fa6a6bb3788b31f5.png (960x680, 54K)

How do Shure SE215's compare to all these modern IEM's?

Back in the day there was so few options with removable cords. Had them a good 5 years, replaced cords once.

Attached: 1555215976777.png (527x738, 383K)

Any artist performing in CIEMs?

Anyone know if the JBL IEMs that come with the Roku Ultra are any good? Pic related. Should I buy something else for listening to music on my phone?

Attached: 8fyHCRSixJC2SJrRX72bof.jpg (4032x3024, 582K)

It's anti-convenience and anti-DSP. No volume and no EQ.
People around here like to talk about using FLAC for archival, but this is one that is painfully impractical for anything other than archival, which was the original purpose of the format. Dithering to decorrelate error is also more limited (stability).
There are some other concerns such as DC instability and what to do about the high-level ultrasonic junk, which doesn't necessarily affect sound quality but can be reliability issues.

get a AKG N5005

Hi guys

I bought some MH755's, sound pretty good to my pleb ears but the cable is comically short so I'm going to follow this guide.

I bought these MMCX connectors:
amazon.com/gp/product/B07F1JRKTC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My question is concerning step 8, this connector does not have an outwards protrusion as shown in the diagram. I was thinking that I would have to solder the plain cable to the outer rim of the connector, but I am not sure. What are y'all's opinions? Thanks for the help :)

Attached: MH755_GUIA.png (2000x2000, 1.82M)

JBL's are usually bottom of the barrel.

Okay. It says they're only a "$40 value" anyway.

I have a pair of etymotics that I like but it broke at the end near the jack (I'm assuming because there was a period of about 1 month where I could move the wire near the 3.5mm end and in certain positions they would work again).

Without soldering, is there any way I could repair them? I love these things and if I could repair it I would probably braid my own cabling around it to prevent future breaks (and tangles).

You can get better sounding Chinese iems for $10.

can you use these ear dildoes in bed?

they should be fine as long as you don't lie on your bed sideways

>as long as you don't lie on your bed sideways
welp

Attached: crying fuhrer.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

I can, quite easily.
They likely aren't getting the ideal depth if not.

Anything better than a T2 Pro or T3 for the ~60 US budget? Listening to nigger music and bass heavy stuff

Yinyoo V2, KZ AS10.

Post a photo of the female MMCX connectors, what you posted is just the cable with the male ends

Do cables change the sound of iems? Especially all-BA iems?

Attached: 1446342184788.png (803x790, 260K)