My OS has just sent it's first IPv4 packet and it's first ICMP Echo Request after 2 years of working on it

My OS has just sent it's first IPv4 packet and it's first ICMP Echo Request after 2 years of working on it.
youtube.com/watch?v=qGITFJr_4Po

Attached: ICMP.png (4096x2304, 3.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link-local_address
youtube.com/watch?v=9AXSzybhZd0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

serenity bro? is that you?

>Thanks for reading us your resume aloud and for the colorful technical presentation of your "operating system project", user. However, we have decided to go with another candidate.

good work user

Le epic haxor 1337 XDDdd

nope

>"operating system project"?... well, that sounds...good...I guess... but do you have any experience with Angular?

He's much faster than this.

Anyone who actually can build a functional OS does not belong in in Meme Valley.

It works in the VM as well

Attached: screenshot.png (1920x1200, 311K)

While I agree, nobody else seems to care.
I don't even have the balls to follow my own interests because nobody cares for low-level programming nowdays...

Good job buddy, make sure to post the OS in one of those homebrew OS threads, I will look out for it.

sure

i'm proud of you user

i wish there were more anons like you on this board

user you are the change I want to see in the world. Please don't stop.

you're leaking your IP

based

Thanks, bro. I won't.
No it's fine.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link-local_address

brianlet here, Im proud of u and wish I was smart

What's next on you to-do list? what is your end goal?

Lol imagine spending 2 years, 2 fucking years just by copy pasting shit from osdev.org like forums and lurking source of other kernels just to pretend like you reinvented a fucking wheel. TOP KEK

Attached: 1b9.jpg (640x539, 80K)

Next is probably making a thread on Jow Forums from my OS only.
My end goal is to try to combine more experimental OS concepts like a tag based file system, a network shared CPU, etc.

absolutely seething

das dank af boi

>anyone who cant adapt to modern era does not belong with people who can adapt
sounds reasonable. enjoy your spiritually enriched poverty.

>network shared CPU
Could you elaborate?

basically, this is botnet

this but you get your own personal botnet made up of every pc you own that can run the OS

So basically a multicore CPU but the cores are spread out over an actual network? what purpose does it serve? wouldn't latency be pretty bad

Can it run Minecraft?

make some backdoors for us ;) I'll pm you the details
t. CIA

Or like a shared CPU like a VPS?

>tfw no sexy FBI agent will ask to implement a backdoor for access to her backdoor

Attached: 1560049258403.jpg (223x226, 7K)

kilogram of feathers is lighter, obviously

If you can have a raspberry pi cluster you can probably do it with real computers.
I hate java

but why would you want to, i mean. sounds like it would serve a very niche task but if it's just having another option available to you then i don't see why not implement it

t. nigger who has never programmed anything interesting and gets pissed when he sees people who do

OK I implemented it. If you send a DHCP packet that has the letter V at the 20th spot in the padding then it will insert the 24th byte of the padding into the keyboard buffer.
One problem. How do I check my PM's on 4channel. I only know how to do it on Jow Forums. I'll send you more info once I figure it out and I'll send you some cute pics of me with my thinkpad wearing my programmer socks and my pink programmer thong. uwu

Attached: screenshot.png (662x168, 21K)

why?

cause it can :^)

Did you write this in x86 by any chance?

I mean, why would you go through all that trouble and work on a new OS for so long?

fun and it helped a lot with learning C

what do you mean?

Well done mate.

Good job! Is there a public repository of the code somewhere?

are you autistic or is there another reason you put so much effort in?

it's private on bitbucket but I'll release it some day

autism, i have no frens, and I'm a NEET.

What is your new OS? A renewel og Temple OS?

Do you mean autism as in low social skills or the actual autism?

sorry my os can do >640x480 resolution and has network support so right now it would be kinda the opposite of temple os

actual autism, or just a bit weird and introverted?

anyway, you could post some videos showing off features of your OS to youtube.
would be kinda cool.

Jow Forums autism
I probably won't make a youtube channel for it. It's pretty basic. It can do networking, vesa graphics, paging, it has a heap and some other basic shit

Attached: 41a9156e996d14532770ab0eeeb8516e4bc4651ef57750540e92296a8790d620.jpg (640x480, 57K)

why not upload stuff to youtube?

because it's not that interesting and i don't like attention that's why i post on 4chin

you can always just disable comments.

based song,
based feeling
based user

congratulations

Enjoy your high living costs and taxes fueling welfare programs for beaners.

If you are in the US and aren’t a drug using degenerate you can make really good money doing that stuff in the defense industry. And working only 40 hours per week. And be able to afford a house.

copypasting code from osdev wiki and reading intel manual once in a while takes skill

apparently it does because you couldn't do it :^)

Can you just fuck off you dumb zoomer? I’ve watched your comment exchange and you haven’t asked a single thing about the OS; you instead are attaching him for doing it. Fuck you.

Did god contact you already?

Yes and god told me to dress up as a cute anime girl, buy a thinkpad and start doing HRT uwu

My ancestor :)

based

I do...

Attached: Picture 4.jpg (640x480, 62K)

really nice dude you better be proud

based bump

Nice job OP!
Definately wasting your time hanging out with dumbfucks like us on here.

Using LXDE

Attached: 7EA1998D-B932-497B-8A60-42AC0A81580D.png (634x650, 169K)

You got a repo where I can download this?

CIA is expecting you on their top hacker position. remember i am the king. but getting back to the real shit. i may have to close all my ports, so i can have some privacy......

i am just fucking tired of people getting into my machine... and i don't want to put people on jail....

i should be able to use the internet without having fucking hacker watching every i do on the internet.... i still like 18 years old girls.....

>not using C++11 for comfy range-based for loops and ADTs

and tight pussy....

user its ok if you cant program, it isnt for everyone, but dont shit on people who make cool things

Nice job user. An OS is on my todo list after my optimizing compiler. I'll probably use the language that I built for the OS just for bonus points. It'll really help smoke out bugs in my compiler lol.

A compiler is way harder than an OS, maybe you should rethink which one you do first.

Good job user! Now make sure it responds to incoming echo requests too :)

I already have one though. It generates regular old assembly from an AST but now I optimize code through an IR. Need to work on the IR to asm side though.

But have you wrote an own compiler?

lmao keep projecting pajeet

C is unironically too hard for me or most people. We used js in our embedded course at uni, not C but js because latter is so much easier. Who cares about C anyways since js is almost as good

Ranked 200 in the subject matter

Attached: 1562055401757.jpg (750x1000, 184K)

Schizo detected

No but I’m here visiting and I’m happy for OP. Systems programming is fun as heck!

i am wondering what will happens if i call the FBI or the CIA :3 the Schizo will start to be the king of the monkeys.....

not ?

youtube.com/watch?v=9AXSzybhZd0

on purpose or by mistake?

Come back when you'll make your own compiler for it.

Attached: 1554252582032.jpg (753x960, 80K)

Good job user.

i don't 140 IQ to not uses it... and by the way, i hate when people lie about my own stuff.... "you have 140", when the real one was 170.....

that should not happens. i have see some illegal stuff throw my life that if i made a case it will the biggest case on the entire history....

that should not happens. i have see some illegal stuff and pass throw some many illegal stuff on my life that if i made a case it will the biggest case on the entire history.... and by the way, i may not come back....

Well done mate, wish I had your drive