Qt

Is it really the best thing to make GUIs across Linux machine's with?

Attached: hB7JEnDh_400x400.jpg (400x400, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/fltk/fltk/issues/29#issuecomment-504491965
electronjs.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

Use FLTK.

No.
It is really the best thing to make GUIs.

No

Based on this, I'm gonna pass github.com/fltk/fltk/issues/29#issuecomment-504491965

Care to eloborate?

Yes.

GTK > Qt

Garbage taste

A FUCKING FOOT

Nothing can really compete at this point

Qt is pretty big some industries.

Absolutely. It's also a solid choice on Windows, in addition to OS X. But for LiGnux and BSD it is absolutely perfect (so long as you're building with relatively recent libraries, obviously).

I'd say yes unless you are in a case where the license can screw you up.

Qt other than its license is comfy

Also Qt creator is a legitimately good and light C++ IDE

no. wxWidgets

Based and gnomepilled

>Also Qt creator is a legitimately good and light C++ IDE
i saw serenity user using it in his videos, is it actually good compared to other memes like vscode? i only know shell and awk to automate my stuff and write blocklets, i've been thinking about learning some c to add another set of skills as a hobby.

It's not perfect, but it's better than electron gayshit.

motif

electronjs.org/

Yes, it can open and listen to CMakeLists.txt files like actual projects which is incredible.

This is b8

Attached: L-1185358-1490084949-7628.jpeg.jpg (300x225, 11K)

>github.com/fltk/fltk/issues/29#issuecomment-504491965

QT is great, but gtkmm (C++ API for GTK) is great too and only requires standard C++. Signals and slots are handled using libsigc++ which is a really nice callback library. Also, although the documentation is not as good as QT, you can still use the gtk documentation to learn about gtkmm as, it is automatically generated from GTK C headers and therefore has a consistent and predicatable translation from GTK.