Are there any decent x86 sbc's for ~$200?

Are there any decent x86 sbc's for ~$200?
I want to be able to run 1996-2004 era games in either xp or through wine

Attached: x86_top_h.png (450x333, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sapphiretech.com/en/commercial/amd-fs-fp5r
youtube.com/watch?v=ADgGfl9BII0
shop.udoo.org/other/x86/udoo-x86ii-ultra.html
dfrobot.com/product-1498.html
qotom.aliexpress.com/store/all-wholesale-products/108231.html
amazon.com/Atomic-Pi-High-Speed-Peripheral/dp/B07N298F2B
ebay.com/itm/MI812F-Single-Board-Computers-ITX-SBC-Intel-Atom-N270-945GSE-1-6GHz-/173120454563
youtube.com/watch?v=4miXwdJMG1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've been considering the Minix Neo. You can get it blank, with Ubuntu or Win 10 pre-installed.

Attached: minix.jpg (300x300, 5K)

depending on your definition of SBC:
sapphiretech.com/en/commercial/amd-fs-fp5r

Hmmm
These things seem like they will get expensive quickly. Ram not included, nor is storage space

ive had to make custom cooling for that odoo ultra, default one sucks even for idle
>inb4 fan on top
its on a 1U case that was the only way to fit it,

Attached: photo_2019-07-02_00-11-11.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

No idea about $200, but the LattePanda boards may be able to do what you want, though I don't know if they support something as old as XP. Anything x86 that is fast and power efficient enough to do what you want it to do in a SBC form factor is probably much newer than XP, so don't expect too much as far as XP support goes. Pretty sure the LattePandas should be more than fast enough for any PC game which is 2D and the UHD615 will probably handle older 3D games decently as well.

The problem is that LattePandas are $400+, so yeah.

Used micro business PC

Attached: 31EkDsmxwhL._SX425_.jpg (425x340, 12K)

Why not just buy a laptop from that era or later then?

Because I can understand why he wants an SBC
>want novelty project
>want it to take up 0 room since you’ll use it once a year
A laptop or another pc just kills the joy, because then it becomes a hinderance, rather than something little you can tape to the back of your monitor or whatnot

This. Minimal space, low power draw (which is important if you don't live with mommy and pay the bill), silent, etc. Lots of reasons an SBC is very useful vs an old laptop.

Dunno about single board but the j4005/ j5005 nuc would probably do it, not sure what the budget would be by the time you got ram and storage though, probably 250 dollars i would guess, also dont know if you could run xp on them.

youtube.com/watch?v=ADgGfl9BII0

You could consider the new Raspberry Pi 4. I haven't dealt with those eras of PC games get, but until mine ships, I was playing MegaMan X for the SNES with no glitches on the 3B+

For the 4GB model of the 4, you'll spend $55. $10 or so for a controller, $7 or so for a micro card, $10 or so for micro HDMI & then whatever for the USB-C if you don't already have one.

Load Kodi, download IAGL (Internet Archive Game Launcher) add-on

Profit.

You can't run games like half life, unreal tournament, starcraft etc on an ARM processor

ultra-sff desktops are basically just sbcs in a proper case
and what shitty place are you living in/shitty minimum wage job are you working that the power draw of a laptop is even remotely noticeable on your finances

>another RPI shill
Dickhead did you miss the part where he wanted x86?

Mate no matter how many tines you suggest it, I don’t want it. This thread asks for an x86 SBC, not a desktop. Can’t you read? Do you have actual autism? Is this why you can’t contain yourself and MUST force "THE RIGHT CHOICE" onto us?

bruh a prodesk is the same size as a set top box and the case is tanky so you throw it on a shelf somewhere and not worry about it getting broken.

and a SBC doesn't have the form factor of a micro-controller or compute stick.

OP pic is UDOO X86 II ULTRA which looks pretty decent, except its $267
shop.udoo.org/other/x86/udoo-x86ii-ultra.html
>Intel Pentium N3710 2.56 GHZ
>8 GB DDR3L
>Intel HD Graphics 405
plus some arduino integration

x86 doesn't really have the system on a chip ecosystem ARM does. You are essentially buying stripped down laptops and mini PC's thus they are priced as such. The atomic pi is the closest thing and they are a one off supply from a robotics project that never got off the ground.

a laptop minus the display, case, keyboard, trackpad and battery should be significantly cheaper

a V1 Lattepanda is $90 with no windows license:
dfrobot.com/product-1498.html

qotom
qotom.aliexpress.com/store/all-wholesale-products/108231.html

should fit i5 passively cooled for around $200
msata for ssd
sata for one 2.5"
whatever ram

Attached: qotom.jpg (1000x1000, 140K)

>Can't browse aliexpress without logging in anymore
Thanks Winnie the Pooh.

Attached: 1511756584627.jpg (1115x1221, 303K)

LattePanda Alpha

Attached: DFR0545_768x512.jpg (768x512, 101K)

i don't give a shit about your consumer advice begging you could easily figure out on your own with a few minutes of googling, i just wanted to remind those two posturing idiots that they're retarded
but is still correct, you're asking for something fucking stupid anyway. x86 is not an embedded platform and hasn't been for over two decades.

there have been several good suggestions already in this thread. just leave if you have nothing to contribute

Attached: hi mate.png (100x281, 32K)

>
>we'll make a 12-inch laptop for students, we expect to sell 5 million units, our upfront cost is X, out cost per unit is Y, we will price them a Z
>we'll make an SFF PC for offices, we expect to sell 10 million units, X, Y, Z
>we'll make an x86 SBC for user, we expect to sell 1 unit, our upfront cost is in millions, he wants to pay us $30 for it
>holy shit, we better put all of our engineers on that SBC! We'll get them working in shifts!

This, but HP is TRASH, use an actual god-tier micro system

Attached: videoteaser[1].png (1860x1425, 2.37M)

its a similar market to raspberry pi's, obviously a bit more expensive due to the architecture, hence the $200 in the OP, not $30

An SBC called the Atomic Pi went for sale recently. It's basically an X86 board with Wifi, decent RAM, USB 3.0 and the like for only $50. It sold so well that it's gone out of stock for a little bit. I think it's back on sale again on Amazon, but it may not by the time you get there, after this whole thread rushes to buy it.

Also, I doubt you'll be able to run WinXP on any x86 single board computers out there. Drivers for these things aren't developed for XP anymore. You'll be lucky to even boot into it, let alone get anything resembling performance on any application, because the hardware acceleration drivers just won't be there for XP. Either a more recent version of Windows or Linux with Wine is your only option here.

>HP is TRASH
I mean, you aren't wrong, they effectively killed Compaq. HP isn't better so much as they are simply the only ones left.

>I doubt you'll be able to run WinXP
>Thinks this thread is rushing to buy out of stock SBC.
Dude lmao schizophrenia bro weee.

Just get a deskmini faggot

A better idea would be to buy a used Desktop or Laptop off of eBay for that price. It would be old and thus better supported with existing drivers for WinXP, unlike the SBCs, which are a relatively new type of computer created plenty after the era during which new drivers were still being written for WinXP. Most SBCs use new chipsets that may not have WinXP drivers available, meaning you won't get anything resembling performance out of these SBCs on Linux. With a used PC, however, for such a low price on eBay it's definitely pretty old, and if it's pretty old, it was manufactured in a time when WinXP driver support was still an industry-wide practice, meaning you can dig up and download decent drivers for whatever hardware you end up with and actually get good performance in these old games.
Plus, both a desktop PC and laptop PC are both more flexible than an SBC for general purpose use, each for different reasons. You can use the laptop basically everywhere, and expand the desktop with new parts and upgrades, like a PCI Wifi card, or more ram, or another hard drive.

If you need a small, quiet machine, try buying a small machine from 2011 or before. Maybe the chipsets for that kind of machine will have WinXP drivers while the machine is beefy enough to run the games you want just fine.

I meant, it's back in stock right now because launch week for it was a little while ago.

amazon.com/Atomic-Pi-High-Speed-Peripheral/dp/B07N298F2B

On this page, it's reported as "In stock".

none of the shit ITT even satisfies OP's requirements because XP won't support any of these newer parts

stop being an effeminate faggot and buy a real computer

Like, brand new? Not really.

But there were a amazing FUCK TON of 1st gen Atom SBCs that were used in industrial machinery, and with them getting phased out year after year, they pop up on ebay all the time.
ebay.com/itm/MI812F-Single-Board-Computers-ITX-SBC-Intel-Atom-N270-945GSE-1-6GHz-/173120454563

1st Gen Atom is 100% XP compatible.

If you search around a bit, you might find some Celeron/Pentium systems that are old enough to support Win XP too, that are small form factor industrial boards that are being offloaded for whatever they can get, as they're useless for production at this point.

Bonus: Since Intel cut EVERY corner they could with design on them, they feature in-order execution of code, and are therefore not vulnerable to newer insecurities such as Meltdown.

The hardkernel h2, or buy a used inel nuc from eBay.

Doesn't that cost more than a j4005 nuc tho? Shit even the j5005 nuc with memory in dual channel can run gta5 at 25fps low 1024x768.

What's a 2.5ssd an 2x4gb sticks of ram cost? 100 dollars max? That puts the j4005 at around 225 dollars without an is with 8th ram and a 120gb sad.

God damn autocorrect

I wouldn't buy a used nuc, unless it's gen 7 and up, the 8th gens are so much better than previous models it's insane, the 8gen i5 shits on the skull canyon even. It's so good it's not worth upgrading to the i7 version, at that point you should buy the Hades canyon instead.

ETA Prime on YouTube paired an e gpu rtx2080ti with the gen8 i5 via the thunderbolt and it runs every game maxed 4k 60.

That's a 350 dollar ( not including Mem, storage ) ultra small form factor PC.

Anybody who doesn't need a laptop and who doesnt want a tower case who has

They do not support XP natively, nothing made in the last 5 years does. You can run XP in a VM, but the cheaper Atom-based LattePandas don't support VT-x, so it will be horribly slow.

That thing is fucking useless.
>$400 but only marginally faster than Atom based shit like j5005
>fan
>everything is soldered down
>but hey IT HAS BUILT IN ARDUINO *sips kombucha*

I recently bought one of those with an i5-6500T for $220, shit's pretty cash after I threw in a SSD. It's significantly larger than the usual SBC stuff like Raspberry Pi though.

Sure, get a second hand laptop with a discrete GPU.

lmao
just get a X230 for that cash and play whatever the fuck you want from that era

i want it to fit in my pocket lmao

What's the point of fitting it in a pocket when it comes with no display, no input and no power source?

so i can carry it to my mate's house, plug it in and play some unreal tournament

He wants portability i guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=4miXwdJMG1s

Cool.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-02-15-35-53-905_com.google.android.gm.jpg (1200x1164, 122K)

You can run Diablo on Pi. Half-Life probably, too.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-02-17-49-55-819_com.brave.browser.jpg (1200x990, 169K)

They make pci boards that are essentially computers within your computer.

Atom Pi is x86 but uses an atom CPU which cant into XP apparently?

Atoms support VT-x, you could run a hypervisor on an x86 SBC and XP within it

Just get an old laptop broken laptop for for like 25- 50$ like normal person, if you want open it, remove internals and, make your own case, maybe improve thermal management

are there any good resources for this sort of thing ? some laptops seem really integrated into the existing chassis not sure how easy it is to transplant to a new case.

get a mini pc.
there are a bunch for 100 usd on amazon that will work fine

Odroid H2
Cheap and BTFO's everything else