Any college students out there used a tablet for taking notes? What are the pros and cons?

Any college students out there used a tablet for taking notes? What are the pros and cons?

I'm going to grad school and an considering getting a 2 in 1 for that purpose.

Attached: 71TCixvQotL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 19K)

Get a gayming laptop.

It's not worth it.

Pen and paper.

I used an iPad as a tool for textbooks etc, but always wrote on pen and paper. Typing sucks for taking quick and efficient notes. A stylus can help with a touch screen, but the surface is more slippery, and just isn't as good as paper. OCR your notes if you want them on PC after.

Unless you use onenote it's not worth it.

Everything else is a cluster fuck of knock off attempts.

But make sure you don't go the surface book meme.

Take pen and paper notes, the action of writing it out is proven to help memory, and using something you don't normally goof off with will help you focus.

>tablet for taking notes
You are retarded. Use a pen and paper, you retarded zoomer.

When your dreams of acting out living in the future are crushed...

Sorry bro, it's really not that grand. You go into classes thinking, wow a computer will make my notes so much neater! I'll be able to just put them wherever I want, and I'll be able to freely edit them!

The reality is, it's slow. You over-elaborate your prose until it's woefully inefficient. You end up being unable to format exactly as you'd like to because formatting is just slower.

Most of my notes were bullet points, diagrams etc. that were an arse ache to do as I wanted on a PC.

I got a Remarkable for work and it's pretty sweet.

Attached: reMarkable-Tablet-Review-016.jpg (1600x1067, 395K)

>going to grad school
>still hasn't figured out notes on pen + paper are by far the best

lmao not gonna make it

I use my surface pro with the pen for meeting notes all the time. Do need to use OneNote, but otherwise it works great.

I got a Surface Go exactly for that. Super super convenient, keyboard is decent, battery is solid, pen works nicely, and its just snappy enough that I don't get annoyed using it.

Pros: You'll actually look at your notes
Cons: You'll need to adjust to writing on a tablet, and your handwriting is going to be garbage

i'm in the humanities and don't need illustrations, but i just type out everything into org-mode with emacs. a normal text file should be fine too. like other anons said you should be brief but you can learn to do that with a computer too

>pen and paper is better for memory
i'm dysgraphic :(

Thanks for the feedback.

Notes with pen and paper in class
Write them in a doc at home for reviewing purposes

There, you just graduated college without needing to cram one year in two weeks like all the average people.

I used and iPad for my masters and a laptop for university. And after all those experiences I'd say you'd be better off with a bluetooth keyboard and your phone, otherwise iPad if you have a computer at home

I just had the cheapest netbook back in the day. Took notes with pen on paper, because nothing beats that, but sometimes you need to download lecture notes and assignment papers, and for that a netbook did just fine.

To the gen Z-ers: A netbook was a small laptop (11 inch) without a DVD drive in the early 2010ers.

>Notes
Most non shitty universities have online notes. Instead of busy writing notes, focus, listen and internalize the lecture during class. If you think you can write everything down and understand it later, you're doing it wrong. Chances are if you can't grasp the content in class, you won't grasp it at home either. Actively learn in class. Ask pertinent questions, participate in discussion. Do prior reading.

I use tablet atm. It replaces my 5 year old laptop and old Samsung Tab S tablet.
Also find windows tablet with pen and keyboard cover included. NVME storage also speed up bloated program like Visual Studio, if you use your tablet like a remote workstation on the go

Attached: 4.jpg (1920x1200, 427K)

I know this feel user

I got an ereader for textbooks and notes

>Surface
No thanks.

Attached: surface-repairability.webm (640x360, 2.12M)