Tablets

techradar.com/news/best-tablet
>8 of 10 are Apple

Attached: tablets-montage.jpg (2455x2052, 528K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPad-Pro-11-2018-WiFi-64-GB-Tablet-Review.357931.0.html
wiki.termux.com/wiki/Package_Management
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How is this a surprise to anyone? Tablet experience on Android is a joke and Windows 10 is fucking garbage.

Basic common sense.
You can't get a PDF on an iPad without having two copies - at least- , or installing iTunes.
not to mention other DRM stuff.
Also you get Tablets to read/watch, both android and iOS do these pretty well.

My Nexus 10 shows its age. I am looking for the replacement. Any recommended?

Mi Max 3

no you can, just use the files app

>6.9"
Too small. I want 10" tablet.

What do people use tablets for other than movies while travelling and fapping in bed?

Yeah no OEMs have put ANY effort into android tablets in years. Even then Pixel C was a fucking disgrace.

Read manga in bed

jeez Nexus 10 was amazing. I guess google fucked it up, so android table is fucking dead.

Which ipad I should get? I prefer 10" tablet.

Any tablet that can run emacs and latex?
I'm looking for something light for an "on the go" machine I can use to write light stuff, fix up my beamer presentations and take notes on.
I'm thinking about a surface or something but I'd rather use Linux, even if it's some kind of Ubuntu for touch screen.

For me, an orthofag.
Reading PDFs and watching videos, and hosting a KIWIX of AO surgery reference.
Also preparing for exam require me to study while on the job so a tablet in 8"-10" range is perfect.
Pic related or opt for the cheaper T model.

Attached: huawei-mediapad-m5-10-1.jpg (728x973, 91K)

>too stupid to figure out the myriad ways you can access/transfer documents on an iPad
>Air Drop, messages, direct download from Safari/Chrome, Files App, Shared iCloud folders, etc
>all of these lead to system wide Open With dialog -> preferred reader

iTunes hasn't been relevant since iOS6 (i.e. 7 fucking years ago). iTunes was also the first major platform to remove DRM shit from their music front (basically forcing the entire music industry to follow suit).

>huawie
I am not ready to have a chink spy in my life. In addition, I heard that they won't update its OS system often like Google/Apple do.

browsing and media consumption is already a significant portion of an average person's personal computer usage. and couple that with the ability to use large screen versions of some of the apps you already frequently use on your phone like document viewing/editing, personal banking apps, shopping apps, messaging, home automation/security camera control etc then tablets become the most natural thing to reach for when you need to do something 'computer related'.

I think it's just regularly called "iPad" so avoid Pro and Air. Or you could get an older 10.5" Pro.

>myriad ways you can access/transfer documents on an iPad
Please do enlighten me.
>messages
Sending the book to yourself, wasting bandwidth and time for uploading and downloading.
Truly zoomer.

Try to run a zim file without iTunes.

>chink spy
Better than US spy.
>I heard that they won't update its OS system often like Google/Apple do.
You've heard wrong.
Huawei still gets the security updates, ask on /spg/ if you don't believe me.
I think the latest security updates was released few days ago.

I just listed a bunch of them you illiterate mong

>zim file

no one gives a shit about obscure shit like that freetard

I got an HTC Nexus 9. PajeetOS kept it alive and you're right for the most part. Samsung Galaxy S4 Tab however is great, but not cheap.

need a cheap, portable, photoshop machine (with a screen, obviously), any recommendations?

Attached: adobe-photoshop-cs4-logo-png-transparent[1].png (2400x2359, 468K)

Whatever Surface you can afford

Photoshop for the iPad is coming out this year (beta was announced in May). iPad 2018 with apple pencil is probably the cheapest full featured drawing experience out there. And an iPad has the versatility of working as a second screen (with pen support) with a Mac using the new side car mode in the new version of macOS coming this fall.

seems obvious now I think about it, wonder hwat their smallest model is
yh but good grief thye're so damn expensive, they lack a full file browser and getting your files from a pc to an ipad without 3rd parties involved is an utter pain.

not really. a 2018 iPad is $300 plus pencil is $70. and refer to . Not mentioned there is dropbox, FTP among others. iOS 13 (iPadOS) will have a download manager and tree view in the files app. As well as samba share support. it already has dropbox, google drive, and MS one drive integration, so the notion it's "hard" to share files with your iPad is ridiculously outdated.

Surface Go, but avoid the 64gb model

Dude, is apple shill.
The only good way to transfer files is to use PDF expert, which is a paid app, or use WPS, a chinese botnet.

Didnt read the article but its quite pointless because in 2019 most brands and manufacturers dont even make tablets, its really a choice between ipad and samsung tab, or some chinese brand. One could go with surface or windows tablet but I consider those to be more like laptops.
Now the ipad or samsung? Top of the line samsung offers 10 inch tablet, with 16:10 oled screen (1600p) and wacom pen, also included is headphone jack and sd card. Its a perfect media consumption device. Not sure can ipad compete with that.

Is files app a proper file explorer like in windows or android?

lol no

>Surface Go
The go is a fucking potato that wouldn't be able to run youtube without lagging let alone a full adobe creative suite. Note the iPad 8,8 isn't even an upper tier iPad. It's the $300 value model from last fucking year. Compare that to the $530-600 surface go which runs a CPU that is worse than the SoC in the phone you probably have in your pocket. Why would you think you can run PS on that?

Attached: potato.jpg (750x280, 49K)

>geekbench

it lets you open, edit and manage your files. it also lets you access online and network file stores from one centralized location. so what do you think?

autist

>microsoft surface
>platform Android 64-bit

yeah sure it's legit

So its a proper file manager that can access disk, access folders like music, movies documents, downloads copy, create new folders, move, paste, delete, rename, open files etc , I thougt file system was restricted in ios?

it's restricted as fuck. last time I check it, it could only manage icloud and a fucking downloads folder from safari that's all

ehm.. well. no but it works

>. it already has dropbox, google drive, and MS one drive integration
the user argued that it is hard without relying on 3rd parties, which is ABSOLUTELY true. Get fucked, shill.

The Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16 is the best tablet ever made. No contest.

Attached: WacomPro.png (786x587, 112K)

same here. what about MS surface pro?

with a price like that I'd fucking hope so.

Its 19mm thick, you probably need a special stand, arm rests to be able to draw comfortably instead of just using it a sheet of paper on a desk. I honestly prefer screenless ( wacom) drawing tablets

>prefer screenless ( wacom) drawing tablets
Why?

Can anyone recommend a nice tablet to read and PDFs and organise scientific literature? Maybe even something that's LineageOS compatible?

Does anybody use tablets outside of shit like educational markets and other more businessy stuff? Now they everyone has a big phone tablets are gay. Android tablets were always worse anyway.

yes. you can cloud desktop sync mac desktop and documents folder as well.

the third party apps are there for your convenience but really you don't need any of that as it all just works out of the box (personally wouldn't use anything but iCloud folder sync).

street shit harder iJeet

Attached: 1539474934569.png (1536x2048, 256K)

Whatever you say Satya Micro-Shits-in-the-Streets-CEO Nadella.

Attached: POO.jpg (412x277, 59K)

>iJeet trying desperately to push the pajeet meme on other companies

Attached: 1538776263833.png (709x869, 522K)

>deflecting this hard when MS & poo in loo meme is older than the internet

Attached: 153634444_d3c600ae40_z.jpg (432x640, 102K)

X1 Carbon or Lenovo Yoga if you don't want to go with a Surface.

see

At least Apple's poos are in America where they are forced to shit in toilets. Meanwhile MS is run by an Indian who has all his subcontractors operating out of MS's headquarters in India.

>where they are forced to shit in toilets.
They're just tricked into it. They still think they're shitting on One Infinite Loop, when it's in reality One Infinite Loo.

Attached: 1553163813023.jpg (622x888, 185K)

dat's racist

Attached: 1539217193157.jpg (640x539, 44K)

Tablets are truly the biggest meme ever. I don’t understand how they’ve lasted this long

>yes. you can cloud desktop sync mac desktop and documents folder as well.
it is quite obvious user was talking about windows desktop, not mac desktop.

and? FTP support, samba support, third party cloud storage solutions integrated into the Files app for your own convenience (so everything is centralized). Anyone who says it's "hard to transfer files to an iPad" is literally retarded.

>X1 Carbon
f i aint got the cash for an ipad I aint got the cash for that ex-wife of a machine
>Lenovo Yoga
the yoga book is super heap and runs win10, might actually go for this, thanks user.

>all that shit
>meanwhile on a windows machine you just plug it in and move it across when the device detects the pc's hdd
it isn't hard, it's hard to do simply without trusting third parties

Are you retarded?

not that anyone uses or gives a shit about USB sticks (hello Granpa) but iPadOS is introducing support for that archaic shit as well

usb cables are still used constantly to transfer data between a mobile device and a desktop machine, what the actual fuck is your problem

>the yoga book
beware user, it's not touchscreen like their 10000+ dollar models. You might as well spend 50 on a laptop at that point.

no theyre not grandpa. get with the fucking times it isnt 2005 anymore

So mostly applefags fell for the tablet meme. Can't say I'm surprised, right, Satania?

Because there isn't as much commission on a Mi Pad, so of course they're going to push Samsung/Apple with their referral links.

So the moral of the story here is amerimutts have more money than brains?

Attached: Screenshot_20190628-120230(1).jpg (720x1039, 276K)

See this is the problem
Conceptually, the Surface Go type is perfect to actually use, take notes, write, use stylus/pen and view pdfs in portrait and do work but the specs and feedback from people is that it's too shit and the cpu seems retarded at that price

Next up is an x1 carbon/x1 yoga but it's bigger and far more expensive.
I just want a workable lag-free basic touchscreen tablet with a keyboard good enough to type and a stylus pen with a decent battery to fling into my bag.

Is that too much to ask for?

Also the absolute state of windows10 vs Android on tablet. None work seamlessly i hear

who would use this slow as fuck shit when you can download files off wifi faster (not to mention iPad use nvme class SSD chips)

Because wifi is slower. This specific chip reads at 800 Gbps. Does an iPad have 800 Gbps wifi?

get a surface mate

Attached: 1557777737836.gif (650x705, 38K)

wireless AC. and you wont get those speeds on your shitty droid usb chipset and potato cpu and the flash memory on an ipad operates at 3000mb/s read and write

Wireless AC is limited to less than 1Gbps in real world use even with 4x4 160MHz mimo streams. If you can prove otherwise I'd love to know.

Also that mSD card consumes like 10-20 millwatts of power. How much does 802.11ac consume again? 100, 200 milliwatts?

My Nexus 7 still works perfectly. Android tablets are the best!

Pretty much desu. Only a COMPLETE utter fucking moron would actually even consider buying apple trash. There are $20 RCA wallmart tablets with a micro sd slot yet a fucking "premium" apple tablet lacks that BARE MINIMUM.

Attached: akari_look12.png (419x398, 191K)

Price?
Which one?
How can lessen my retardation?

yet an iPad still gets 10-15h continues video playback and a surface go can't even last 3h surfing the web

Not him but too bad it lacks a micro sd slot and has a dogshit laggy cum drizzeled IPS display else I would have bought one desu. Guess I'll have to make due with my tab S3 for now.

I actually like iOS desu but the screen and lack of a basic fucking memory card slot is a huge deal breaker for me.

notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPad-Pro-11-2018-WiFi-64-GB-Tablet-Review.357931.0.html

Attached: Screenshot_20190702-194519(1).jpg (720x1112, 327K)

I want to get the new iPad Pro to draw and read comics and books on, would the money be better spent on a Cintiq?

top end S4 has an inferior SoC to the 2018 iPad value edition. and no one uses SD cards except literal third worlders.

I'm confused why are apple tablets recommended so much when they have such horrid displays? That severely high response time is enough to make me seasick irl.

iOS and Android are toys for women. Win10 is useable, but slow as shit on tablet processors. Linux would be ideal but isn't really available.

Wrong. It's a well known fact among even techs straight out of high school that Apple's SoCs have severe overhearing and thermal throttling issues. In real life even the most high end iPad pro has a nauseating amount of unnacceptable lag.

Attached: 1517866403039.webm (238x360, 2.91M)

Even Google is starting to admit that Android tablets are a failure. They had no unique apps, and all they could offer was stretched out versions of phone apps. The iPad has millions of apps that are specifically designed for the larger screen rather than enlarged iPhone apps. Microsoft tried really hard with their Windows tablets after the iPad craze, but were hurt by the lack of Metro/UWP apps designed for touch. Most of what it could offer was apps designed for keyboard and mouse that ran on a tablet. So, not a lot of Windows tablets are being made today, although there are detachable laptops that can act similarly to a tablet when the screen is detached.

dumb fuck

Attached: Screenshot_20190702-200558(1).jpg (720x1161, 236K)

>In real life even the most high end iPad pro has a nauseating amount of unnacceptable lag.
sadly, having used one, I know it's still miles ahead of the competition in terms of lagless stylus tablets. The entire technology is miles behind the price tag attached to them.

iOS is Unix-like too, but that doesn't really mean anything.

>slows down webm to show latency, when real life perception is what matters

So how long have you owned a tab S3?

Android IS linux you fucking retard, it's just running on ARM processors. With termux and root you can do 99% of what you can do on an actual linux desktop distro. Write code, run scripts, SSH eveeywhere, and ARK angel whatever the fuck you want. Hell even without root you still get 95% linux functionality with a few minor constraints.

Why the FUCK do you think samsung dex was possible at all?

Attached: 03-samsung-dex-pad(1).jpg (3000x1660, 1.35M)

whoops meant for But you're a retard too, see . The display has such abysmal response time that it literally can't keep up with the stylus even if the SoC can.

Does it have a decent package manager and repos?

you're retarded even the value iPad screen which this is referring to feels smoother than android tablets because iOS's UI is naturally more responsive. not to say anything of the ipad pro line which feature 120hz displays

Yes it does. You can get more if you like.

wiki.termux.com/wiki/Package_Management