Windows 1.0?

Microsoft deleted everything on their instagram and published this cryptic video, it was also posted on twitter. What are they up to?
twitter.com/Windows/status/1145731141695168512
instagram.com/p/BzYX_Zehmo2/

Attached: Screenshot 2019-07-02 at 18.43.34.png (595x600, 451K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=evf-U8he-6o
twitter.com/Windows/status/1146154842777407493
twitter.com/Windows/status/1146190394612305920
youtube.com/watch?v=5VPFKnBYOSI
youtube.com/watch?v=Bn3xo0aF3uE
i-programmer.info/news/177-windows-8/12767-microsoft-give-up-on-uwp.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sounds like the present wasn't enough for them, Windows are now gonna try to botnet the past.

Finally, the remote desktop servicing experience consumers have been asking for.

youtube.com/watch?v=evf-U8he-6o

Maybe an updated Windows 1.0 skin?

It's the rumored Windows lite version that is going to compete with chromeOS.

...who actually cares, besides summerfags?

probably something totally unnecessary that nobody will use

Horrible logo

They're bringing back NT Workstation 4.0, screenshot this

gtfo kid

Attached: Windows-Logo-history.jpg (1122x206, 29K)

>What are they up to?
numbered windows is dead. the current one will be updated forever

Finally I can stream a fullscreen desktop environment directly to my desktop for the low price of 200 dollars a year.

Based zoomer

>What are they up to?
They realized Windows is shit and started again from the very beginning.

What are you trying to prove? it still looks like shit.

they'll publish the source code of windows 1.0 and 2.0 to show how much they care about free software

I guess that makes sense for the same company that just killed its smartphone OS after it got a 15% market share.
Now they are going after an OS that was dead on arrival. It's surprising that Chrome OS apparently manages to still exist.

Win 1 and Win 7 have the worst logos.

Attached: 1536768024942.png (3000x1688, 3.37M)

if it can run games this would be ideal for me, I only boot into windows for games and would prefer a lightweight verison

They are going to release windows 1.0 in their store as a novelty app
Like OMG Reddit windows 1.0 Lulzies

FUCK APPLE UNDER TIM COOK

FUCK IT TO DEATH

They are probably open sourcing Windows 1.0
Which is kinda cool actually

finally wine will succeed then

It's amazing that the 1985 logo looks more modern than anything that followed

Is it without backdoor?
Lolz who cares, unnecessary shit

>lightweight
it's microsoft, it's not happening.

tell us which one of your beloved games doesn't work on wine

Microsoft acts like politicians
everytime they come up with some stupid shit surrounded by hype, there is some unpopular decision done behind the scenes
get ready to get fucked in the ass while they release some stupid emulated windows 1.0 app in the store 4 THE LOLS YOLO

95 logo is so fucking based

best post

>get ready to get fucked in the ass while they release some stupid emulated windows 1.0 app in the store 4 THE LOLS YOLO
A Microsoft sanctioned environment for old DOS and early windows apps sounds awesome you turbo nigger

Are they just going to call Windows-as-a-service "Windows" you think?

Who said otherwise
I am warning you about the behind the scenes crap they will pull during the launch of this "surprise"

chrome os user here
pretty comfy for just web browsing

New OS developed entirely in India.

>It's surprising that Chrome OS apparently manages to still exist.
If everything keeps going towards the cloud Chrome OS-like devices are going to be the majority. Regular people don't care about not owning anything, if they can buy a laptop and everything just werks without needing to install anything because it's a web app they'll love it.

With full MIPS support, right?
RIGHT?

my sides

so 10 is a distrubuted computin thing where they use my compootah to run ?????? computations that are sent back to faggot soft

will it have a turnofffagshit.exe I can run to just let me own my OWN FUCKING DEVICE THAT I PAID FOR AGAIN LIKE IT USED TO BE BEFORE EVERYTHING TURNED FUCKING GAY AND SHIT

Time is a circle

most .net applications including paint.net, which blows krita/gimp out of the water as a basic image editor and is fairly extensible

VIRAL MARKETING
fuck summerfags and fuck twatter posters

Well, they have been updating their twitter page with quiz and shit

twitter.com/Windows/status/1146154842777407493
twitter.com/Windows/status/1146190394612305920

Also, i kinda miss the old ads
>youtube.com/watch?v=5VPFKnBYOSI
>youtube.com/watch?v=Bn3xo0aF3uE

waste of quads, what a shame.

>Now they are going after an OS that was dead on arrival. It's surprising that Chrome OS apparently manages to still exist.
Leave your basement.

therydf makign bOT NERT OS!!!!!! OM G I HATE MCIROPSHIT!!!!!!!!!!! BOTNWR BOTNET BOTNEET!!!!!!!

WINDOWS
AS
A
SERVICE

CAN YOU FEEL IT?
THAT TIME WHEN MICROSHAFT WAAS GOOD AGAIN FOREVER?

SERVICE MORE LIKE BOTNET AM I RITE LOLOLOL!!!!!!

>*cracks open monster energy*
>ah.. finally we go back to the good old times

Attached: 1561927828251.png (380x349, 85K)

Never thought I'd hear Dynatron in a Windows ad.

That makes me so fucking sad, everything you just wrote

Haven’t they already tried this twice and failed both times?

a plate of botnetshit served cold (almost frozen) with a cherry on top.

>A Microsoft sanctioned environment for old DOS and early windows apps
So literally just Virtual PC?

That's pretty rad.

Maybe this is some sort of backwards compatibility layer so old windows software can run under windows 10 without emulation or virtualization.

>3.1 logo
you're two years off, faggot.

Nah it exists, I can't remember the name but it runs fucking UWP only, not even exes.

This (except for the cool part), and they'll employ their "look but don't touch" license to it.
>inb4 every faggot retro-youtuber makes a video about it and tries a version some autist compiled where the windows can overlap.

I wonder if they're gonna open source all of windows 1?
Considering we got winfile anything is possible.

fuck off, it looks glorious

Attached: GIBBYNO.jpg (963x1200, 136K)

windows "reboot" with a linux kernel
ok

I love when Microsoft stages "hype"
The Twitter replies are hilarious
Who gives a fuck about this garbage? Retrotards? It's just a gimmick, why bother all this publicity stunt?
The journos paid articles are definitely already on queue

Attached: xo57l189qm731.jpg (2883x4284, 1.84M)

That was cancelled, UWP is as of right now gone the way of their mobile ambitions.

i-programmer.info/news/177-windows-8/12767-microsoft-give-up-on-uwp.html

>It's surprising that Chrome OS apparently manages to still exist.
Why is that surprising?
Chrome OS fills a pretty niche void that persisted throughout the market: an OS simple and light enough for tech illiterates to use on dirt-cheap hardware. Chrome OS used to be that OS. Now it's morphing into something a bit more than that, but its focus still remains on operating on dirt-cheap hardware and remaining simple as all hell.

>dirt-cheap hardware
>featureless surveillance tool that costs as much as cheap laptops

Attached: 8971011.jpg (801x534, 34K)

I'll be honest, if this has the full software compatibility of W10 with none of the paint3D-like baggage, I'm sold. I honestly don't need ANY feature of Windows besides "run this 3rd party exe".
Sadly it'll probably be some cloud-based trash because that's the future right?

it will be a theme

Suppose you love all them crudely drawn Linux creatures...

Don't you badmouth Kiki

Pretty sure that's what it will be as recently I heard something about trying to separate the windows shell from the rest of the fucking system so that it could actually be replaced

Hopefully, because a good half of W10 visuals are amateurish trash that badly needs replacing.

No kidding, it's been fucked for generations now.

*flat circle

its for stranger things you faggots

Was the f word really necessary? What did it add to your post?

He wanted to make sure you would pay attention and he was successful at his task

>Meming about a version of windows literally no one ever used because Stranger Things happens to be set in the same year
>Ignoring 7 years of V A P O R W A V E that make copious amounts of references to both Windows 3.1 and 95, the most based releases of Windows ever.
Such a missed opportunity if they wanted to ride nostalgia just to be trending online.

Fag

zoomer as fuck

>windows "reboot" with a linux kernel
How feasible would this be? Eg. NT kernel replaced by linux, display, audio and other subsystems retained and ported to linux.

lol no
lets break countless application compatibilities just to use a laggy tranny coc'd kernel

Attached: 20190517_224751.png (1440x2475, 359K)

>like windows and macos aren't also surveillance tools with slightly more features than chrome os
the best way to avoid surveillance entirely is to not use technology at all

A shit tonne of work for no real benefit. There's nothing Linux provides over NT, but its archaic monolithic code base is no doubt far less easy to modify and maintain when compared to NT's hybrid model, where certain kernel components are encapsulated.

Linux as a kernel is popular simply because the Unix paradigm was still familiar when it was new, it has no licensing fees when it comes to using it or modifying it for new hardware and also because it frequently gets updated by maintainers and corporations pushing back most of their own updates to the code base.

None of these are necessary for Microsoft.

Aren't they just jumping on the retro machine bandwagon?

Attached: 813ixf6V+cL._SX466_.jpg (466x322, 33K)

Unlikely.

>A shit tonne of work for no real benefit. There's nothing Linux provides over NT, but its archaic monolithic code base is no doubt far less easy to modify and maintain when compared to NT's hybrid model, where certain kernel components are encapsulated.
They seem to have many issues with high core counts, multi cpu systems, heterogeneous cpus and various other things. Their inability to fix things rapidly or port to non-x86 quickly gives the impression that the code is probably a mess and current employees don't know how it works.

>NT can't be ported easily to non-x86 architectures
Well that's all the proof I needed that you're talking out of your arse.

You already could make custom shells.