Too many fake Thumbnail In-Drives

At least 25% of generic brand thumbnail in-drives are counterfeit, announcing for example, 32GB but only storing 8GB. The same thing occurs with microSSD disks and Sony Memory Stickette knockoffs.

Kingston, however has a unique countermeasure.
"Usually Kingston print text onto the metal USB connector which has the model number and capacity + other numbers. If your Kingston drive has no printing on the connector, it may well be a fake!"

Attached: index.jpg (379x225, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxbabe.com/command-line/f3-usb-capacity-fake-usb-test-linux
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: images (2).jpg (259x195, 8K)

>microssd
nice

This is why i only buy expensive usb flash storage.

>generic thumbnail in-drives
easy way to tell if your flash drive is counterfeit: you open the case and there's a fucking thumbnail inside

Kingston puts writing on the outside to help.

I only use usb sticks that are company goodies
it's not high end, but they give you decent shit as to not give their company a bad name

my main stick is usb 3.0 from a company I worked for with actually decent read/write and 32GB capacity

and no one else can put writing on the outside?

>thumbnail in-drive
What the fuck, it's called a usb stick you fucking bitch ass white boy.

>At least 25% of generic brand thumbnail in-drives are counterfeit
Maybe if you are only looking on fucking Aliexpress
Literally everywhere else you would be very hard pressed to find a fake flash drive

>At least 25% of generic brand thumbnail in-drives are counterfeit, announcing for example, 32GB but only storing 8GB. The same thing occurs with microSSD disks and Sony Memory Stickette knockoffs.

And most people will never fill up their USB device past 10%. Know so many people who buy USB based on size because it = faster, only to fill it with like 20 word files

Correct, only Kingston

Do they even make those shape of flash drives anymore? I've still got a 2gb one I bought back in 2006

incorrect, my sandisk 128gb usb 3 + usb c drive has its capacity on the usb type a plug, as well as some other info. you'd be a retard to think chinks who want to fool you wouldn't be able to write there.

This
Laser etching has always been a thing and isn't hard to do, no reason that someone else other than kingston can't do it

I got some chinese microSD cards coming, whats the easiest way to check that they dont overwrite when they get over some capasity?

Flip a coin
If heads, it's fake
If tails, it's not real

f3probe
linuxbabe.com/command-line/f3-usb-capacity-fake-usb-test-linux

I think it's available for Windows too.

>it's called a usb stick
False.
It's called zip disquette.

>This is why I only buy usb flash storages from stores with good and reliable return policy.
fixed that for you

gtfo Kingston shill

Roll