Ryzen iGPU overclock is a fuckin BAIT

I fell for the youtuber's "dont buy a gt1030, get a 2200g and overclock the igpu"

And know what's happening?

After half an hour of gaming, the SOC reaches mad 87ºC temperatures (and probably beyond but I didnt fucking let it running at that point) and it starts to smell like BURNT PLASTIC

Even with stock voltages & stock gfx clock it still happens, it just takes longer to warm up

I tried putting a large fan over the VRMs, tried flipping it, and nothing fucking changed

I can't put a small fan over the SOC because there's no space over it since i got a large cpu cooler

I GOT FUCKIN BAITED

"DONT GET A GT1030 JUST GET A RYZEN!!!"

A SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THIS SHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (251x144, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Easycargo-Heatsink-conductive-Regulators-8-8mmx8-8mmx5mm/dp/B079FQ22LK/ref=sr_1_21?keywords=vrm heatsink&qid=1562124426&s=gateway&sr=8-21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>an hour of gaming

Attached: soy.jpg (428x416, 42K)

Don't come here and make obnoxious reddit spaced shitposts.
The first thing you should understand is that stock voltage for one mobo is not always the same as stock voltage for another. You should always do a sanity check on settings to make sure the board isn't trying to deliver 1.5v at stock clocks. This happened with a lot of Kaveri APUs a couple years back.

I EVEN DID THAT
RIGHT NOW ALL VOLTAGES ARE SET TO THE MINIMUM STABLE VALUES

>gt1030
Why the fuck would you get that when you can get a 750Ti for less

Then your cooler is mounted wrong, guy.

Abject poverty is the most likely reason. The APUs are designed as mobile chips primarily, and thats really the only place they belong aside from thin client/SFF/POS/embedded applications.

SOC has nothing to do with the CPU cooler, retard
the CPU temperature is doing just great, not even reaching 75C with P95.

that's what the jewish youtube baits are showing. gt1030 vs overclocked Vega 8

Kid. the CPU is the "SOC." Do you mean your VRMs? Thats a problem with you buying a shitty budget board.

whatever, the cpu went from 90 to 73 celsius with the new cooler, so that soc sensor it's not in the cpu.
on hwinfo there's vrm and there's soc, vrm is fine and soc is mad hot. i believe one feeds the rams and the other feeds the cpu's soc, which is what feeds the igpu.

Yep I was stupid enough to fail for the Ryzen meme too. Got myself a shitty 6 core skylake equivalent

==REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE==

Attached: Screenshot_2.jpg (484x422, 73K)

>overclock
>use stock cooler
>probably have voltage and other shit fucked
>didn't even use good paste stock is fine right?!
>hit's 87C
>proc is rated for 90-100C
>smell plastic on a silicon chip
>fuuuuuug!

2200g is usually recommended since it's overall cost to lower the system cost is there. 1030GT might exceed it in some things but overall use of iGPU on the ryzen is for light/medium gaming. Can game fine for hours at stock with ease, you're pushing the proc and cooling included with the cpu's normal operations

At stock and okay cooling you can easily game for hours.

>use notoriously shit monitoring tool for temperatures

YOU
FUCKING
RETARD
I JUST SAID I GOT A NEW COOLER
AND THE CPU TEMP IS FINE
IT'S THE MOBO'S SOC THAT'S HOT

>At stock and okay cooling you can easily game for hours.
>STOCK
NO THANKS

>use notoriously shit monitoring tool for temperatures
OH SORRY SIR I'LL GET A COMPUTER THERMOMETER JUST FOR YOU
THESE READINGS ARE THE SAME THAT ANY APP WILL READ BECAUSE THE SENSORS ARE THE SAME, NOW FUCK OFF

Almost any board should be able to handle a tiny fucking 4c4t that could barely do 4.0, it's not like that little faggot chip is pushing 5ghz like the unlocked i3s can do.

Then you don't have something seated properly, put too much paste on, or playing in a room that's in the 80F range

I'm willing to bet this guy means the SoC VRM temp, which can run at 90+ without issues on basically any board.

DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT PASTE ON THE MOTHERBOARD'S SOCK HOLY FUCK FUCK OFF ALREADY

It's whatever is marked on that screenshot

MOS is mosfets. 90c isn't a problem for the mosfets. OP is a retard.

Attached: 1544233345147.gif (1336x1358, 2.34M)

You're a clueless retard that has no idea what hes looking at. Your VRM phases are fine. Thats the temp of a bank of Mosfets which can run at 100c all day for years.

So it's a MOSFET, which are normally rated for like 120°C, and 90° is nothing to worry about as it's perfectly within spec.

The motherboard doesn't have a SOC you ape. Your looking at the VRM temps.

Your screenshot shows you in the 50's which is probably right, the otherone looks like a complete flake. HW monitor will probably give more accurate info.

Also why is your fan only topping out at less than 1000RPM during load, what piece of shit did you buy or plug in wrong to a SYS fan and not CPU fan

>MOS
Mosfets you tard. They're fine running at that temperature for the most part. If you're really worried then just plop a heatsink on them.

>AMD

Attached: 1516382960676.jpg (550x335, 29K)

Good bread

Attached: 03c804081c03fc16284811cc9006ff04.jpg (842x1113, 153K)

>be OP
>why does everything suck I don't understand these shills
>can't read his own tempature monitor because literally too stupid to read

OP just get your tempatures from speccy like a good retard, you clearly don't know what the fuck you're trying to look at

Yeah? What about 96c? This only because i closed it otherwise it would keep raising.

Im p sure they would get past 100c if i let them

50c that's
C
P
U
temperature
fuck fuckin off

the sysfan is the fan that i tried to use to cool the soc but no success so i adjusted it to 0rpm instead of taking it off

Attached: Screenshot_5.jpg (541x33, 7K)

>This only because i closed it otherwise it would keep raising.
You'd think so, wouldn't you? Surprisingly not the case with mosfets.
If you're really worried then just run a load @100% for 60 minutes.

See how high it goes, once it starts climbing towards 130° you can start worrying.

>I fell for the youtuber's "dont buy a gt1030, get a 2200g and overclock the igpu"

They probably mean the DDR4 1030 not the GDDR5 1030

Also,
>Not getting a 1650 minimum

Just shiggy diggy; why don't you just buy a random MX150 laptop

>B450M DS3H
Look at this dood. Bought a cheapo B450 with a dinky heatsink over the VCore VRM but *NONE* over the SOC VRM (gpu).
THIS NIGGA OC'D WITHOUT PROPER COOLING.
Look at him. Look at him and laugh.

Attached: 9127Ih8SfFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1398x1500, 538K)

50c for a overclocked cpu with a GPU on die, is completely fine you don't know what you are talking about. You don't run into downclocking issues till 70c or so, you have tons of head room.

Also pic related. Your motherboard has fuck all cooling for your mosfets, if anything the stock cooler blowing down and onto them probably cools more than your new cooler due to air direction. No shit your board will run hotter, it has no on die contact cooling. Just shit to cool around the board since that's way cheaper.

Attached: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H Motherboard.png (1000x860, 319K)

Oh dear.
OP, put a fan pointed at your 8-pin CPU power plug and watch those "scary" MOSFET temps drop.

Why would you get a new component when older components second hand are cheaper and more powerful? You can get a 960 for like 30 dollars. It's your fault for buying stupid shit.

These are the people who make threads and talk shit about brands. People who can't think for 2 seconds and buy a motherboard with a heatsink on the soc vrms when they intend on overclocking

Your motherboard is not meant for overclocking, your mosfets are running hot because shit budget cooling. As stated the stock CPU cooler is probably doing more to cool the mosfets than an after market one.

You bought a board not meant to OC anything worth a shit, and are trying to push shit farther. I'm sure you just plugged shit into PCpartspicker and assumed your cheapassboard is just the same as one with proper on chip cooling solutions.

Everything about your PC is running fine, you're just pushing the equipment farther than the cooling is built for on the board.

>Mosfets
Bruh

Imagine the MOSFETs failing and delivering 12V straight to your CPU

Those failures are more common than you think, rart

>buy thermal pads
>buy small heatsinks
>?????????
>PROFIT

>See how high it goes, once it starts climbing towards 130° you can start worrying.
ok will do that just to see how it goes.

ok will do that just to see how it goes. will even leave it overnight just to be 100% sure ok?!

t-they said it would be a decent mobo

FOR THE THOUSANTH TIME IT'S NOT CPU TEMPERATURE

already did

because i didnt want to buy fried shit from chinese miners?
because i wanted ddr4 and a socket that isnt fuckin discontinued and would force me to buy a new mobo and new ram sooner?

>As stated the stock CPU cooler is probably doing more to cool the mosfets than an after market one.
wrong, stock blows directly to the chip while the aftermarket blows to the vertical heatsink

i asked on some places and they said this mobo would be fine

again, it also gets hot without igpu overclock

how would i attach them to the vrms?

Attached: IMG-20190702-WA0021.jpg (3264x1836, 567K)

Imagine being this retarded and blaming other people for your ignorance?

Thats how most people get through life.

>how would i attach them to the vrms?
Thermal adhesive

>FOR THE THOUSANTH TIME IT'S NOT CPU TEMPERATURE
We are looking at your CPU tempature, that is 50c fine for it. Mosfets run hotter and you're still getting operational tempatures for the cooling solution on your motherboard.

>wrong, stock blows directly to the chip while the aftermarket blows to the vertical heatsink
yes but it's still moving air that is not 90c and cooler than the mosfets across them. It is cooling them in term.

The post right there does not blow direcly on the mostfets, your PSU is probably moving more air than anything.

>again, it also gets hot without igpu overclock
Yes because the MOSFETS DO NOT HAVE ANY DIRECT COOLING ON THE CHIP. The budget ass board you have from gigabyte only has cooling attached to the board, in term it indirectly cools the cheap copper/lead and shit around the mosfets but not them directly.

You bought a shit board that is going to run hot, your CPU temps are fine, your Motherboard tempatures are operating in the range their designed for.

You don't understand that your cheap ass board just runs hotter, just fucking search mosfet coolers for your PC and read how to apply them on.

It's about current not total wattage you inbred monkey

postin pic again just 4 u, 96c.

how the hell does the wraith cooler blow into the mosfets? it blows into the cpu chip. nothing you say makes sense.

do you mean these sticky aluminum heatsinks that they sell for Raspberries?

Attached: unknown.png (461x26, 2K)

The Wraith cooler blows straight down on the CPU, but that air has to go somewhere, no?

probably goes to your mom's blowy butthole

i mean her burning hot ass

Wrath cooler sucks in air and blows it down onto the motherboard, that air runs parrallel to the board moving cooler air over the mosfets and that heatsink right there without fail. Chances are almost 99% of the time that the air coming over is going to be cooler than the operational tempature of those chips, meaning it will basically always cool them.

The CPU cooler you have is having it's heat sucked through the PSU/case fan and not near/onto the board where the cooling is needed. Prebuilts often stick with the CPU cooler trick for the mobo as well as a cheap way to not have additional coolers attacheded

>do you mean these sticky aluminum heatsinks that they sell for Raspberries?
You can use those if you want, you can use copper if you want. All you want to do is transfer some of the heat from the mostfet to the heatsink and cool that.
A stock fan usually blows downwards and the resulting pressure blows over the VRM.

This is why you usually save up a little bit more and spend the extra £15-30~ on even the cheapest motherboard that has heatsinks if you want to OC.

nice but still it doesnt cool the cpu enough to get both the cpu and igpu ovreclocked
i'll buy these cheap sticky Raspberry heatsinks and i'll be on heaven

Attached: Screenshot_3.jpg (762x183, 18K)

sopa de macaco

2200G vega 8 is similar to a GTX 650
2400G vega 11 is similar to a GT 1030
You're missing 3 compute units and the GT 1030 has a 39% lead on the vega8

I don't know why all the faggots are shilling the 2200Gs it's fucking old 4 core i5 performance. What's even more retarded are is the shilling for 200GEs.

Especially all the retards who upgraded to the APU from old i5s.

Hate to break it to you but AM4 is on it's last legs, you got at most 1 gen left on it. DDR5 and new socket come 2021 is pretty much confirmed. Heck AMD already wants you to buy DDR4 3600 to go with the Ryzen 3000 series trying to make people buy new ram when they already bought 2666/3000/3200.

I got a X370 and support for Ryzen 3000 series is already looking to be flaky not to mention the 4000 series being wishful thinking. Hell, many of the B350 boards are getting dropped like a hot potato.

Attached: bios.png (585x324, 21K)

M E R C A D O L I V R E

>nice but still it doesnt cool the cpu enough to get both the cpu and igpu ovreclocked
Then you're overclock is far too high, the Wraith cooler can operate up to 95W and the 2200G is 65w, it should take any decent overclock within reason if your voltages and stuff are right.
>i'll buy these cheap sticky Raspberry heatsinks and i'll be on heaven
Those aren't meant to operate as mosfet coolers but doubt you'll care, those are rated for like 50C tops on thermal dissipation. Mosfet coolers need to be screwed into the board as they warp more than any other part. After a few weeks at most I bet they will fall off and short out something when they contact the board

You're an actual idiot, go ask your favorite youtubers for help.

i dont care i'm fuckin poor and the 2400g is 3/2 the price of the 2200g

and 4 core is enough unless i had money for a top gpu

>Hate to break it to you but AM4 is on it's last legs, you got at most 1 gen left on it. DDR5 and new socket come 2021 is pretty much confirmed
so what, i get a ryzen 3600 or something by then and it'll be cheaper, just like people still use overclocked 2500ks.

no

i already said it gets past 87c w/o gfx overclock and undervolted vcore

>Mosfet coolers need to be screwed into the board as they warp more than any other part. After a few weeks at most I bet they will fall off and short out something when they contact the board
ok what do i buy then and how the fuck do i screw it to the mobo

>i already said it gets past 87c w/o gfx overclock and undervolted vcore
How fucking hot is it in your room?
>ok what do i buy then and how the fuck do i screw it to the mobo
you don't/can't you need a new mobo for proper cooling. The one you bought was not built for the tasks your trying to perform

You don't need to fuck with it, it's fine. If you really want them to be cooler then you need to get good airflow through the case.

If your motherboard is smelling like burnt plastic it's probably not going to support the Ryzen 3600 let alone an overclock lol.

this one is for laptops and come with screw holes, but where would i screw that on the mobo

regular 3rd world temperatures

>you don't/can't you need a new mobo for proper cooling. The one you bought was not built for the tasks your trying to perform
fuck then why you told me to get a heatsink that i can screw to the mobo???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i tried adding this fan straight to the vrms and it did nothing it'll be fine after i add a heatsink

Attached: Screenshot_6.jpg (607x440, 50K)

>this one is for laptops and come with screw holes, but where would i screw that on the mobo

YOUR BUDGET MOTHERBOARD DOES NOT HAVE SCREWS FOR IT. YOU CAN NOT INSTALL MOSFETS. Feel free to use the tape method but they will fall off if the thermal pads are good enough.

The max tempatures for mosfets is usually up to 120-130C, you're still under that. No one here knows why you are saying you need to get coolers to pop on them.

hey i got the heatsink from my old 9500gt cant i use that?

Attached: Screenshot_7.jpg (536x351, 46K)

some say 100c some say 105 some say fuckin 130, i want them below 90

>nVidiot target audience

Then go order some mosfets that will fall off in a few months and short out your whole system for something operating in reason. You're probably not looking at the temps they are rated for and they will fall off in a day.

How do you plan to mount it? be careful with a drill?

What motherboard you got?

B450m DS3H

See he bought a cheapo motherboard without anything to mount additional cooling.

cant i just ghetto mount the additional heatsink?

>by featureless motherboard
>could have done literally 5 dollars more for something with tons more cooling
>buys basic motherboard
>W-Why doesn't it do anything advanced!??!?!

Should have just gotten a mac user

i'm fuckin poor i cant afford a mac of this decade

>B450M DS3H

Oh wow that thing is rated to support the 3900X, but not the 3950X though.
It's got 2 push pins for the VRM mount, if you can find screw down heatsinks that line up to those two holes it'll work.
I'd suggest getting new thermal pads or paste and making sure you didn't knock the current heatsink loose.

If you want to risk it falling off and shorting your motherboard and possibly ram and system with it. By all means put that good head of yours to use for something completely optional that won't affect the performance of your system in anyway but only causes a shorting risk.

With the smarts you constantly have shown in this thread I am sure you won't burn your house down.

>It's got 2 push pins for the VRM mount, if you can find screw down heatsinks that line up to those two holes it'll work.

He'd basically have to contact Gigabyte directly to see if one fits for additional cooling then pay for a random part if they even do that.

what a retard. he also fell for the budget pc build meme. Bonus retard points if he has an mItx case.

big THANKS

>By all means put that good head of yours to use for something completely optional that won't affect the performance of your system in anyway but only causes a shorting risk.
yeah the vrm frying up is no big deal

no, my case is the same of my 2003 computer.

It's only got a heatsink on the VCore VRM section, the SoC VRM section is just left bare and looking at , I can't really see an easy way to get a standard bolt-down heatsink to contact it either.

>matx motherboard
>mitx case
That wouldn't even fit.

>yeah the vrm frying up is no big deal
THEY ARE OPERATING AT 90-100C
MOSFETS CAN GO TO 130C
YOU HAVE at minimum 30C HEADROOM

>yeah the vrm frying up is no big deal
Have you even checked what mosfets they are and their rated temperatures then done a load test? I know it seems high but mosfets do run hot.

>THEY ARE OPERATING AT 90-100C
no, they only didnt reach 100c because i closed furmark.

can you see a hard way at least?

Oh fuck OP's like one of those people who order the biggest afermarket cooler when they see their CPU hit 40c on load and go "shit that's hot". Do you not know what operational tempatures are?

Did you know that I lost three Athlons in the past due to temperatures and they werent even in the 90s?

Also the CPU was reaching 92C and beyond with the stock cooler, faggot. Now it doesnt ever reach 74C.

>Did you know that I lost three Athlons in the past due to temperatures and they werent even in the 90s?

Did the mosfets on them pop or did you "rig up" a cooling solution that shorted them out?

sorry bruh when you're poor life sucks shit

You didn't even know what your VRM's were at the start of this thread, how did you determine your CPU tempature

Guess you just gotta use Amazon's Choice for VRM heatsinks.

amazon.com/Easycargo-Heatsink-conductive-Regulators-8-8mmx8-8mmx5mm/dp/B079FQ22LK/ref=sr_1_21?keywords=vrm heatsink&qid=1562124426&s=gateway&sr=8-21

Attached: 71Ypv32m5mL._SL1250_[1].jpg (1250x1250, 145K)

>Did the mosfets on them pop or did you "rig up" a cooling solution that shorted them out?
the cpus not the mobo retard
all stock

there's hwinfo screenshots all over the thread

But why are you posting a picture of an intcel?

>can you see a hard way at least?
A block of metal that's custom milled in such a way that it sits on the main VRM, clears the CPU power connector, covers the chokes, and drops back down to contact the SoC VRM, and also has enough fins to dissipate the heat effectively.
It'd basically be worth more than the whole board.

should i return the mobo and get an MSI B450m PRO-M2 or would it be the same shit

>overclocking
yikes

it would be worse bro

Attached: 1457293195161.jpg (243x290, 48K)

>should I trade this board with very basic VRM cooling for a board with no VRM cooling at all?