Let's say this project is successful. I'll sum it up if you aren't already familiar:

Let's say this project is successful. I'll sum it up if you aren't already familiar:

>insert "special" chip into brain
>chip picks up electrical signals from brain and adapts to their patterns
>brain learns to interact with the chip as though it was other brainmatter
>brain virtually extends into chip

Apparently they've tested this and there has been some success. So, assuming it happens and becomes commercially available, let's say the following happens.

>extra functionality is added to the brain to emit wave frequencies
>a receiving antenna allows it to receive waves emitted from other chips
>your brain learns to use the transmissions, and learns how to interact with other brains
>your brain extends itself into the wave communications
>everyone on the planet has one of these chips installed

What would happen? What would it be like to live with such a chip? Would we each still have our own consciousness, or would we form into one being?

Attached: 1_WK2WfJuTJQm48APOtHj6pQ.png (1052x623, 921K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=evs0nFCufNM
youtube.com/watch?v=gQaafNForNs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

emp just fucking annihilates everyones

Emp is not as powerful as you'd think user. It would hurt us but most chips would remain intact. What would it even be like if your chip did break after living with it for many years?

Youd revert back to mental retardation

Brain already does that, but our telepathic sense devolved because of the language. We worked so hard on developing speech that we forgot how to operate this giant electrical mess

It would be harder to lie since the high bandwidth between brains would allow for transferring raw experience memories. A liar would have to believably invent huge amounts of false experiences in real time, interactively probed by the questioner. They'd have to somehow dodge the questions rather than answer them.

It does? Which frequencies do we communicate on?

I would agree that our brains communicate in some way, but I'm not sure how, or to what degree. I thought that was still unknown.

Even more fun thought experiment. Again, presume the technology works. The brain is able to adapt to the new hardware and integrate it because lol neuroplasticity.

What if you keep replacing brain chunks with chips, gradually and allowing the brain to fully establish control of the new hardware each time, until there's no organic matter left?

Are you the same person as before? Is the Brain of Theseus human?

Imagine what ad companies would do with this tech.

Interesting thought user. Assuming these are silicon chips, we should be able to replicate the data stored on them as well. You could create an infinite number of copies of your brain. You could fill a hypervisor on a supercomputer with a ton of brains and have them work together to solve problems.

"Fully establish control" means the neurons have adapted to the chip. Hence the chip has caused them to change their structure and function. If this happens at every step of the process, then the chips will have reshaped the mind completely.

But there's a continuous chain of consciousness, it's not like a brain upload which is objectively just a cloneing

>>brain learns to interact with the chip as though it was other brainmatter
There's your problem

That would be useless, except if the time that we develop these things they are more developed than our brains ourselves, also this is turning into the plot of that movie with tom cruise i think. Something runner. Itwas a remake

this
youtube.com/watch?v=evs0nFCufNM

the brain would reject the foreign matter and move its neurons elsewhere. this happens when your brain is struck by shrapnel, it internally rearranges to avoid operating near invading bodies

this would happen
youtube.com/watch?v=gQaafNForNs

If I insert a chip into my dick, can I use it as a joystick to play video games?

>insert chip into clit
>don't need thinkpad anymore

Attached: happy.gif (500x370, 104K)

Sure thing, tranny.

>low effort shitpost means im a tranny
rent free

>But there's a continuous chain of consciousness
nah, most cells from you brain is renewed after a couple of years, you don't have the same consciousness as you did when you were a kid, you just think you do because you "remember" it.

>cells from you brain
>renewed
>ever
Mega brainlet right here

most of the cells are renewed user. Just a few remains there doing useless shit.

>to emit wave frequencies

>our telepathic sense devolved because of the language

>I would agree that our brains communicate in some way

Please don't talk about things you have no idea about. Read first. And you people need to read, a lot.

Pro tip: no, the brain is not an antenna. No, telepathy is not possible. "Wave frequencies" sounds like something you'd read on a schizophrenic's website.

Any fun this thread might have been is now ruined because I know it's filled with ignorant morons. No offense.

Attached: 1528774550634.jpg (520x519, 76K)

That doesn't matter, it's the chain itself being unbroken that gives any meaning to the concept of self

when this chain is damaged with sudden trauma you can lose your sense of self

when your mind is uploaded to a computer / teleporter, the original you continues to exist, and is the perspective you will continue to exist from, only a copy will be uploaded, although it will also believe it's the original unless told otherwise

I would forgo having the rest of these 170 some odd extra organs and live as a brain in a jar with an unlimited number of waifus. I would hope pe I could host a few square miles off the grid as it were and then retire. You will probably take up no more space than a breadbox. So rent would be pretty cheap.

Neurogenesis

>What would happen?
Intelligence would normalize, thus humanity would universally sit at an IQ of ~70. That's also assuming you don't get borged and the communists can establish their "everyone is the same" """""""""utopia"""""""""". Even better, i could hook up one of these chips to an external unit that temporarily interfaces with the brain-net, and then spam lies like a motherfucker, or better: hook it up to my server-farm and DDOS the whole of humanity. Neuroplasticisty is 2-way as well, so i could probably give everyone autism, or zika if we figured out the "fingerprint" for those.

Depends on your beliefs regarding philosphy of mind, personally i subscribe to psychopsychic parallelism.

>filled with ignorant morons.
normienet in a nutshell.

sounds too risky, if there's one thing not to fuck with it's the brain

It's the principal source of power

Thought crimes, artificial intelligence adjustments etc

False. It's the best organ by which one can astruct higher complexities that power will fill.

>imagine

Attached: 5abbb795321674f8778b4648-750-375.jpg (750x375, 64K)

Power be it political, economic, electric, etc cannot be created or destroyed. Only transfered. They in of themselves are derived from energies of lower order that had the circumstance to become what they are.

I just hopes it brings the technological and spiritual singularity together
>8 billion people
>all cognitive functions connected to at least a certain degree
>emotions become a currency to judge an idea by
>ill intent is gone as full transparancy is achieved
>humanity becomes a tech-fuelled semi-hivemind that inevitably conquers the stars in no time

Literal botnet.

>t. fedora with a pipe dream

With the size of yours, it'd be better used as a button.

Hackers would become the most dangerous people on the planet. Imagine hacking someone's chip and overloading it with data.

Attached: ted_nelson_at_hypertext-03_featured.jpg (640x526, 63K)