How's the job hunt going bros?

how's the job hunt going bros?

Attached: 7bmvkftxtp31.png (1080x1920, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/enfiskutensykkel/ssd-gpu-dma
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bretty gud

Attached: offers-.png (1222x1875, 386K)

>We come to work even
Miss me with that gay shit

>50% of every dollar supporting a cause
pfft.. 100% of my dollars support a cause

>1 year in
>only 1 interview
>still no job

Attached: 9208d21adb4f1ff1acce108fb38fc50d.png (707x1000, 560K)

I wish I was born in america where tech jobs are easy mode

Who are these clowns anyway?

...norway bro, is that you?

Amazon and Microsoft recruiters keep spamming my inbox but I already have a job at Google.
Good luck out there.

i am american
i don't even live in bumfuck nowhere

Attached: 1496808083869.png (500x411, 247K)

ask them if those were automated messages ;^)

Searching for 1 month. Everyone wants (((experience))) but doesn't recognise the experience of working on hardcore hobby projects that 99% of the engineers with 4 years of C++ experience can not code.

CS used to be a field where if you have knowledge you could get a decent job, but not anymore.

Btw I'm from India. I want to move to somewhere where real work is done. All I see here is Java and .net crap and illiterate engineers.

>Amazon and Microsoft recruiters keep spamming my inbox
those arent real, they're disposable pajeets working part time for recruitment

Attached: pajeet consulting.jpg (1000x750, 83K)

America is hard mode. Unless you're retarded, yurope is easy mode.

>India
Theres your problem. You're living in the middle of the place that caused all these insane requirements because your fellow countrymen couldnt code their way into a toilet and showed up to interviews they had zero qualifications for. Well technically its the fault of boomers deciding outsourcing to India was a good idea in the first place at fault, but you know what I mean. If you are truly skilled, applying for remote jobs or moving are your only hope.

no way, america's demand for stem is a million times higher than in europe and the pay is much higher too. me and all my friends want to get hired by the american firms.

You're exactly right. Nobody wants skillful employees that have no experience because they cost more. You start out as an intern.

Yes

I would have totally bet on it, just from having read your cv once.

It's a bit revealing, I guess.

Nah only lesser companies do that shit. All the FAANGs have full time recruiters on-site, and they tend to be attractive young ladies.

I'm just chilling at my shit internship hoping this enough to get me into interviews when I graduate next year.

How are you guys so smart? WTF???

are you niggers really bragging about getting fucking one or two job offers? seriously? I'm getting like 20-30 messages a day from different companies asking me to come work for them. You must be really fucking shit at your job.

I got rejected lads.
Now I'm applying at shit tier companies because the bills won't pay themselves.
The me from 4 years ago is laughing at me.

I have to agree with I get this sort of spam from big and small companies constantly.

Yes, but how many of them turn out to be pic related?

Attached: offer.png (2234x3352, 553K)

Turned down an offer that was too far of a commute, and accepted one where management atleast wants me to continue learning with the opportunity to have higher level roles. Network Eng. Soon as they give me my start date im turning down another one that is so so. Short term slightly higher pay but no real future.

Congrats user, but I don't pursue the spam because I already make way more than that and I exclusively work from home

>attractive young ladies.
attractive young ladies dont send emails 24/7 mate

Nice, user. How is Austin?

This, Jow Forumsentoomen, is called LARPing.

And I'm talking about post interview offers for employment. Not the collosal fuckton of people that have reached out to start a convo. CS is overblown. Networking is vastly understaffed, particularly in cybersecurity

I'm 4 years past graduation and haven't come close to an offer. Wasted my life and I pray every day that a car will hit me whenever I cross the street.

>LARPing
are you actually upset someone makes more than you? Surely you already know plenty of people at your job that do. I honestly just got lucky by getting a lot of promotions because of people quitting that were above me. Then I slowly made the transition to being a remote worker. Try it yourself

Cool story, bro.

Attached: cool thread.gif (270x270, 930K)

This is a weird ass question but I am a cs grad from a shitty no name school. my course syllabus is shit but I can code decently, what are my chances of finding dev work upon graduation (already did a 6 month IT non coding internship) and ending up in your position (remote, decently paid)? I'd appreciate your response and complete honesty

Thanks. I ended up declining, due to fear of uncertainties. But I have a pretty comfy job now in my own country, and hopefully I haven't closed the door if I change my mind.

based

>what are my chances of finding dev work upon graduation
Pretty good

>ending up in your position (remote, decently paid)?
Very slim. People usually don't get there until many many years into their careers.

why you so triggered?

How long until you graduate? Internship will definitely help. It's gonna be quite hard I think for your first job to be remote, but definitely search and apply for them anyway if you're interested. I'm at the point where I get head hunted for my expertise is a specific technology. If you can get really good at a specific thing, companies will be willing to give you whatever you want (remote work) just to capture your talent

What is your expertise?

It'sb private cloud deployment related, especially insecure edge solutions

>glorified sysadmin
meh, not interested

Started in December and finally landed last month. Its a process my dudes but you just have to keep pushing.

>sysadmin
lol no, I write what they use

>I write some python scripts to help deploy to the cloud
Ok, sorry """"devops"""" then. lol
Imagine being this insecure on an anonymous taiwanese tapestry board.

Been working nights as a bartender, but it's really starting to wear me out
Sure, time flies and getting laid is practically a job benefit (mostly with club roasties, tho), but lack of sleep and stress is slowly killing me

Attached: Waiting.png (640x427, 263K)

Are you sober and the roasties drunk? Is getting laid easy, even if you don't look like a greek god?

>all that projecting
whole thread is triggered someone makes more money than them, kinda sad

I have to be sober or I lose my job (only do some minor tasting to check drinks)
If you have even just basic social skills getting laid as a bartender is insanely easy, most girls just straight up hit on you.
I'm a 5'8 manlet with a goofy face, but still pull almost every night I work, just because I'm a bartender in a high-end club

You do start to get tired of it, though
I have given up all hope in finding a halfway decent woman, and see pretty much the worst of them every night

>whole thread
Nah, it's just you mate.

>I have to be sober or I lose my job (only do some minor tasting to check drinks)
Yeah, I was just wondering how it is to have sex with drunk chicks while you're sober yourself. I've had sex with drunk chicks before, but I was always drunk myself.

>You do start to get tired of it, though
Sad to hear, but probably explains why people don't bartend for more than a few years.

>I have given up all hope in finding a halfway decent woman, and see pretty much the worst of them every night
Doesn't it help thinking that the type of women you are looking for are probably the ones that DON'T come to your bar?

>Nah, it's just you mate
ESL much?

?

>Yeah, I was just wondering how it is to have sex with drunk chicks while you're sober yourself. I've had sex with drunk chicks before, but I was always drunk myself.
You get used to it, after a while you start to get placebo tipsy yourself, too

>Sad to hear, but probably explains why people don't bartend for more than a few years.
Yeah, that and burnout, it's a hard job

>Doesn't it help thinking that the type of women you are looking for are probably the ones that DON'T come to your bar?
They are, though
One time, I took home this blonde, quite innocent-looking girl and had the nastiest sex imaginable. Next morning I found out she was married and a volunteer at her local church, the kind of girl you'd never expect to do that
I'm probably overly pessimistic, but I have absolutely no faith in modern women. I don't know if it's society or something biological that corrupts them, but even that cute, shy girl you see at the library is likely a massive slut

Yeah, you're not the first bartender I've talked to that had faith in people ruined by their job. I think that girls were always like that, though. Even in pre-christian societies, women would sleep around while men were at war. As for kinkyness/nastiness , that's probably relatively new though.

>Austin

Holy shit user I'm jelly. Would love to worth there for that much

I've learned that shy girls are much more likely to be huge sluts, the girl being shy is a turn on for men

1 year but desu I'd rather work and get it done part time

So how do you advertise your expertise to people? Do you have a degree in that field or just prior work experience?

Well, you are the only one on here i've seen working on this kind of stuff.

My website, LinkedIn, GitHub, and various recordings of talks I gave at conferences all advertise me.

>tfw no lonely depressed fox girl to cheer up

Attached: goose2.jpg (753x595, 23K)

Cool. Thanks for the reply. Would you say most of what you learnt about your expertise was done through school, or self-study? What's your educational background if you don't mind divulging (not asking for your particular school)?

My issue is that my school essentially just sold me a glorified IT degree.

Nothing you do on your own compares to real world work enviroment.

I went to a school with a pretty competitive CS degree (about 5% acceptance rate). What the school gave me was huge access to internships from top companies. At the end of an internship you get a full-time job offer if you're good, so that's how I got my first job. So school helped, but I didn't really learn anything useful there (CS degree). Most stuff I know is self-taught, started around age 14. I actually did two tech internships (webdev and QA Engineer) before I ever took my first CS class in college

Attached: https___b-i.forbesimg.com_greatspeculations_files_2013_07_0cKD5Zj8iV3dV_112030.jpg (620x434, 41K)

financefag here.
How is finding a job that difficult? When I went to my school's career fair in September I talked to around 7 companies and got interviews from 5 of them (for an internship). I ended up rejecting every one of them since I had gotten an offer from a large investment bank anyway, but these companies seem hungry for talent.

I have 2 semesters behind my back and I'm working webdev in a comfy place where people are cool and very helpful. The pay is pretty good too.

>austin
>121k
Nice, I'm a bit jelly.

This reeks of jealousy.

One month into software engineering job, all the work is 10x easier than uni homework with 100x more administrative bullshit to deal with

Attached: 1368415132544.gif (500x419, 533K)

America is hard mode for everything
>try to rob a bank
>get capped by police

>try to burglarize a home
>get capped by the home owner

>try to go to school
>get capped by a kid

>try to stay healthy
>get capped by debt

I'm not jelly, I'm legit happy for him. Anons here are so pathetic that when I tell them my situation they all scream "LARP!". As more anons, like him, become successful this place becomes a nicer board to post on

I work at McDonald's

Attached: 1561917359027.jpg (699x485, 68K)

In australia outside of Sydney and Melbourne, it's literally inferno mode.

the founder of any big company would disagree with you

The reason they scream LARP is because most people on this board do actually LARP. It's the downside of anonymous posting, especially when you can be vague on the details like you are.

>no way
yes way
literally start from bottom of corporate ladder, suffer through first cca. 2 years, after that it starts to get comfortable
talk with correct people and suddenly you are manager of some kind
or found your way to a dept through friends made in work, that does 10% of work compared to another, yet gets the same budget and noone cares (if doing jackshit is what you want in the future)

after 3 years, pay risen 4x, on senior position (knowledge is at expected level) because i was fucking around a little bit less than rest of people in my previous 2 teams

yes, all our recruits are mid 20 chicks that finished university
but is true... these ladies have templates prepared that they either copy/paste or some coder in company pre-coded for them in some simple tool
there aren't much offers that you'd get that are original from start to end, except when your profile tends to be impressive like norwaybro here

Been hating my life lately, graduating in September and I'm sick of uni already (doing my MSc)

Got insanely lucky so far (Location: Nordic country in the EU)

>applied for 2 medium-sized companies and 1 small tech company randomly at 1 am after spending a week researching how to make a proper CV
>HR girl from the small tech company responds literally the morning after asking for interview
>pass the HR interview and get take home code challenge Friday around 5 pm
>its hard as fuck and I literally had to learn like 7 new things to finish it properly
>Finish it in 2.5 days, I submit it Sunday night
>They are impressed and schedule me to have an interview with engineer
>10 minutes later one of the other medium-sized companies responded, got an HR interview on Friday

My tip is get a really good latex template and redo your resume like 5 times to get it really polished. Make sure you explain your projects/uni projects/work experience such that anyone can understand. Like "Developed X for Y in order to Z" or "Implemented X feature that does Y which helps improve Z".

>contract work
lol enjoy working for 3 months and then becoming unemployed again.

what kind of projects do you have in your github to get that kind of job offer?

I said exactly what I specialize in, how I advertise myself, and how I got started from college. What more detail do you want?

>I said exactly what I specialize in
Not right away, though. That being said, I don't doubt you and I think the other anons are retarded. I'm just saying that anyone can make up some pretend story about themselves to prove a point.

Not him, but if it is the norwaybro that usually post here, it's probably this repo: github.com/enfiskutensykkel/ssd-gpu-dma

kinda shit

>job 1, send resume, get response for interview next day. day of phone interview get a call from talent hr, sorry we pulled the job but it's coming back real soon! job comes back, re-apply, nothing. call for updates, oh the hiring mgr is out of town he'll get to it! month later ask for update, oh meant to email you the job went to internal candidate but another spot is opening soon I'll let you know! see the job posted on linkdin 2 days later, nothing from talent hr guy, fuck this place

>job 2, send resume, nothing. call for update, oh the hiring mgr is working real hard to secure this other position first, you're next! nothing and that was a few weeks ago

>job 3, oh man this place is awesome, they do profit sharing and shit, send me your resume I have an in with the higher ups. send resume, nothing

>job 4, send resume, two rounds of interviews I ace, call the following week that while my technical background and experience was great, they went with another candidate. it's some director's kid or nephew or some shit.

>job 5, send resume, interview next week. ace it, asks for my salary requirements, asks me if I could come down about 30K. exchange business cards, linkdin friends now.

I hate my job it's boring as shit and there's nothing to fucking do

Attached: 1253096959147.png (500x522, 142K)

Whats your location/education? what do you have on your resume?

OK area for jobs but for what I am going for, not much competition. Certs here and there but predominantly experience or projects I work on at home. Resume is bretty gud I'm not worried about it. but maybe not who knows. This is just the rut I'm in now.

Shit,
Some stuff I had to deal with at home got in the way.

Okay, some of this guy's stuff is CS student tier, like the project euler shit or the A* implementation lol... but that repo is kinda impressive. Not that I understand much of it, but based on the description in the README.

>move to shithole where you can live with 3$/day
>work remotely for some american country and get 45$/hour
>Afford home, food, healthcare and luxuries
Can this even go wrong?

Only point of failure, how do you get remote work that good?
If you know how, please tell me.

You think companies are stupid? They're gonna pay you based on where you live, retard

The difference is that I get nothing but completely irrelevant automated spam asking for 10 years experience in shit that's not even on my resume, from shitty companies on linkedin/indeed, while FAANGs send me opportunities that are relevant to my skills and interests, which suggests that they at least looked at my resume.
I don't want special treatment, I just want some baseline of competence to begin with, not automated spam from 3rd party recruiters.

Yeah it's hard unless you know someone
Got 2 friends working like that, although it's a 10$/day tier shithole in southamerica, but they won't tell how they landed the job

>friends
>won't tell how they landed the job
Those aren't friends at all nigga

>>move to shithole where you can live with 3$/day
>get murdered unless you live in a gated neighbourhood that costs more than $30 a day

These faggots have obviously never worked in the real world. I make 115,000 a year as a Business Analyst at Wells Fargo and I work 100% from home too.

damn, i'm already 7 months in, few interviews but nothing more.

>business analyst
>making 115k
kek, sure

He didn't specify his age, experience level, or cost of living.