So, I wanna start

Hi frens,

I am an absolute newfag in programming, and yet I want to start my adventure and I have nothing against earning only 100-1000 $ / month for a year or two.

I started to learn Python from youtube videos, but then I thought: What can I provide to people after I learn it to make money?

My plan is to find small local businesses
and create things for them "for the song" to get my portfolio first. Then, jump into the world of several better-paying companies.

To the point,
Is python worth learning if that's my plan? And what services can I sell after I learn it at the Junior level.

If not, what programming language would you recommend?

I am a 19-year-old newfag with quite fluent English.

Attached: mememers.jpg (700x787, 62K)

what country are you from?

Just create projects on your own for your portfolio. Made tetris? See you worked on game development. SEE HOW THIS WORKS???Made a site for fun? WEBDEV experience. Don't work for free.

Its honestly less about what languages you know, and more about whether you can thing "programmatically". If you have a genuine interest in computers, learn about them. If not, this industry is already super over saturated, this isn't easy money like it used to be.

Python is a decent place to start, but almost everything is becoming web based nowadays, so js/react/node is probably the most employable skills at the moment (at least where I live??).

Employers don't really want
>I know x, y, and z languages
though. They want you to be able to solve any given problem in the language best fit for the job. That only comes with experience. Its a long way to the top, my newfriend.

must change of search engine!!

Attached: progm.png (1024x768, 38K)

Attached: programmers_are.png (1920x1080, 118K)

nice dubs, prison colonist.

I am from Poland
Funny one, I surely will magnife my abilities but not to the level that I will get into the project I won't be able to do

Yea I got ya
But I dont want it to be my full time job and I dont wanna go pro really,
I just need some side money from time to time doing simple project like chatbot or designing a shop on the website.
And that doesn't really seem that complicated.
I'd rather tell my employers why they need me and what can I do for them to make their business prosper faster, my targets are local restaurants or services
thanks for the advice I will for sure check js react and node since I heard js is the best for creating things on the webs

Attached: palacio.png (1184x785, 1.38M)

>I just need some side money from time to time doing simple project like chatbot or designing a shop on the website.
Then you will definately want to know react (maybe not node, thats usually used for bigger projects).

Heres the problem with wanting some "side money". Either the business is small, and having a website online is the least of their concern right now (with having to pay bills, wages, and making sure the business stays afloat). Or its a fairly big business, so they don't mind sinking some good money into getting a professional to design their website. Yeah, sure, you may convince a few people to let you build a website for them, but its not going to come easy. How would they know you are good at what you do? They won't look at your github, and even if they did, they wouldn't know what to look for.

Honestly, I think this is a bit of a lost cause. I tried it (before I got my actual job in programming), and very few people took me seriously, or really considered it to be a good idea.

Either way, good luck.

I see. Most of these businesses already have a website. But they often miss a chatbot that would save them time or a well designed and clear/easy to use, shopping part of the site. First couple of them I will do for fun or some free services/food. And then when I will already have some Projects done I will do it for dog moniez like 20-50$.
And that's enough for me rn. If I will ever need more I will get serious with it.
Right now I just want to master my skills by doing simple projects.
I want it to be like learning thru doing with some extra cash flowing sometimes.

Chatbots are not easy to write, its incredibly difficult to make them intuitive and realistic. It will probably turn out to be more of a bad command line than anything else, that pseudo emulates a spoken language.

I don't really think you know what its like, in the business world. If they already have websites, they will be thinking "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". No offence, but you are being way to optimistic about how easy you think this is going to be.

If you want to make extra cash, sling cars on a local buy/sell website or something. If you want to program, do it in your free time. Not being a dick, just being honest, but this idea isn't really as feasible as you think it is.

The Bing autosuggestions for the same query.

Attached: 944C9509-EC6C-47F7-9FDF-FF159DBFD9F3.jpg (828x523, 131K)

And here are the Yahoo ones.

Attached: A3522745-54D4-432A-BBEA-CC9F27B7BF6C.jpg (828x747, 173K)

are you qualified to visit a university?

lul

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-04_15-26-16.png (438x440, 32K)

Thanks Startpage

Attached: Thanks.png (661x286, 24K)

kek

Attached: Screenshot_20190703-210805.png (1758x2048, 909K)

Forever alone ;_;

Attached: forever alone.png (603x470, 24K)

>indian
based.

Programmers are people with a unique mental strength called patience

>"for the song"
>I am a 19-year-old newfag with quite fluent English.

screws up an idiom not by using it wrong, but by changing a word. I'd call that a troll.

Programmers are future trannies.

Attached: 1560812018130.png (1200x1726, 1.58M)

>putting all your variable declarations at the top
>using raw char pointers
>not spacing out your code or commenting
theres barely any code here and already so much wrong with it, looks like someone went from coding c89 to C++ in a day.

Well it is written by a man in a dress, what do you expect?