>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional).
>R5 1600 - $80 at Microcenter
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value
>For extreme performance in gaming, rendering, and/or productivity, wait for benchmarks on 7/7

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and related performance regression

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks is the only recommendation for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps or more demanding games
>Vega56 @ $300 / 2060 @ $320 or equivalent - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>Vega56 @ $300 / 2060 @ $320 or equivalent - 60-100fps
>Wait for benchmarks on 7/7
2160p (4K)
>Wait for benchmarks on 7/7
>RTX 2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD
>Only buy a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>Don't use Speccy

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Last thread

Attached: imgur.com-a-xh2ny please believe our lies.png (1014x603, 611K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw-rUCwLoQ0
pcpartpicker.com/list/Lcsg29
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
notkyon.moe/ram-latency.htm
pcpartpicker.com/list/Fcq93b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what is the benefit of undervolting instead of overclocking all that i can with the stock voltage?

Heat and consequently noise basically.

How does a 1440p 144hz monitor perform with basic web browsing and non-gaming functions? Are there any negatives compared to a 1080p?

>Only buy a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync

Is this grammatically correct or am I just an idiot that doesnt understand what it's saying

144hz is so fucking smooth when browsing, literally 2.4 times more smooth and comfortable.

if the monitor is less than 24" everything will look way too small

>msi removed bios update that added support for zen2
why even live

Attached: 2019-07-03_20-32.png (1430x774, 415K)

Whoa, is this the power of ryzen?

Attached: 235773321.png (399x574, 92K)

So if I commit to one monitor for everything, and it ending up 1440p, then it needs to be bigger than 24"?

got the 1600 new for 60$
git gud

based op

someone got smacked over the head with a glass bottle
when he woke up he realized the A320 boards he designed were fire hazards with the cheapest 1xxx 2xxx ryzens to begin with and that supporting zen2 would probably be a waste of time

Sir, how much curry have you eaten today to achieve a value such as $60?

sir pls do the needful

I’m a cheapass and decided to buy ram rated at 2666mhz CL16 and overclock it to 3200mhz
Whats the worse that could happen?

you can go 24" but having a 24" 1440p i really recommend you to go 27"

is there a significant improvement in consumption and lifespan

Can someone rec me a good 16:10 screen?

Its AMD version of op, what do you expect?

pmd you the solution

So semi-related to what was asking, how is a 1440p monitor for watching youtube/movies/etc in 1080p? I heard that setting games to that resolution makes it look a bit blurry and was wondering if that effect carried over to media.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw-rUCwLoQ0

Not really if you don't overvolt, or have really high temps.
Basically undervolt is only good if you have a shitty cooler or a case with poor airflow, if you have the thermal headroom crack that shit up.

ok ill overclock it with stock voltage instead then thanks

Is the NZXT H400 mATX tower going to have enough airflow for a moderately high TDP system? Asking because I plan to drop a Ryzen 3900X and a 1080ti in it.

If it can’t handle it it wont boot and should default to last successful settings
It might catch fire though

>nzxt
>airflow
pick one

pcpartpicker.com/list/Lcsg29
got a budget of 700$
i just want to do some 1080p 60fps gaming, some video editing, and some music production on the side
anything i should change?

are dual xeons a meme or can they compete with current processors?

anybody know about deepcool AIOs? They don't charge sales tax and are cheap as fuck.

Not looking for absolute performance, just an AIO that is quiet enough and justwerks.

why and for what? That 1920X is such a waste considering Ryzen 3000 is bringing far superior IPC, power efficiency, and has the same core count. What are you doing that NEEDS Quad channel? Gaming doesn't count.

Why are there no listings for X570 boards or Zen 2 CPUs yet?

Which of the 3000 series Ryzen processors have the single core improvements?

AMD seems to be playing the entire X570/3000 series release really close to the chest. Even my guy at Microcenter who always lets me in on the latest and greatest says no news other than when the truck full of said parts got to their warehouse.

all of them

32 inches for 1440p? Yes or no?

a..all of them? Regardless of their clock speeds, 3xxx Ryzen will have better IPC than their 2xxx and 1xxx series chips. Also clock for clock, the 3xxx series will outperform the older stuff by anywhere from 6% to 15%.

how do i take my ram from 3400 to 3600
if i just loosen the first latency (CL) by one is it likely to work?

Yeah, that RX 580 is too expensive
RAM is too slow
You don't need a CPU cooler (stock is great)
Follow the builds here
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

meme

It's OK provided you have a desk with enough depth to have the monitor decently far away. I had a normal desk with a Samsung 32" 1440p panel that I found myself actually turning my head back and forth to actually see everything in a game.

what's your latency as it is? I'm assuming you're trying to get decent latency for Ryzen 3xxx? Pic related is the latency/speed ratios you want.

Attached: d24hymdbbm331.png (2572x1316, 2.18M)

what about the pixel density? according to a calculator it's basically the same as a 24 inch 1080p monitor

use xmp profiles

meme unless you NEED ECC capability on the cheap, and don't care about the performance loss due to patches, or security holes if you choose not to patch.
No. Just no. Deepcool uses really shit pumps.
>Quiet and justwerks
Sounds like you need an air cooler. AiO's ONLY benefit is getting a top tier unit to outperform the top tier air units. Deepcool isn't one of those. What are you cooling? What are you clocking?

I thought I had read something before that one or two specifically had better single core performance, but maybe I'm wrong. I guess we will just have to wait for benchmarks before I'm able to decide on a 3600x or a 3700x.

yes but ryzen 2xxx
it's an apu so

there's only one profile

Attached: Screenshot_2.jpg (512x767, 87K)

it shouldn't be much different when comparing those 2, think of 2600x and 2700x, the new APUs will be slower since they are zen+ not zen2

>83ns latency with 4 GHz memory according to AMD themselves

Attached: Screenshot_82.jpg (600x600, 33K)

just use this
notkyon.moe/ram-latency.htm

you could just use tighter timings, and also have sex

i cant help but think this is a huge oligopoyl scam from amd directly linking their cpu performance with ram speed, when ram prices been risen nonstop for the last years

that's because of how infinity fabric scaling works, there isn't an intrinsic benefit to having higher clocked memory

i havent had sex in years desu
paid sex, i been having once a year

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (344x70, 12K)

>when ram prices been risen nonstop for the last years
wtf are you talking about? have you not looked at the prices in the past year?

>Ryzen 2xxx APU
you're best bet is to get low latency. CL14 3200MHz will fair better than CL17 3600MHz. Better than CL16 3400MHz.
well the 3600X is going to be a 105w tdp 6c12t chip while the 3700X is a 65w tdp 8c16t. The higher tdp on the 3600X MAY point to higher OC ceiling potential. If you don't need the cores, the 3700X wouldn't be up your alley.
well that's up to you. I gave my 32" 1440p monitor to a friend as a gift and replaced it with a 23.8" 1440p 165HZ panel. I personally never noticed any crazy blur or anything.

Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

that's because at anything above 3733MHz, the Infinity Fabric goes into 2:1 mode instead of 1:1. Up to 3733MHz, the IF will run at 3733MHz. Anything beyond that, it runs at half the rated speed. So even 5000MHz DDR4 will only provide 2500MHz IF speed.

why would I?

Attached: 1561653105351.jpg (491x480, 39K)

I know aircoolers just werk. However, My case comes with 2 fans, because they are shitty case fans I'll probably just keep them but run them at lower RPM.

The way my case is laid out, it's best for me to have 3 intakes in the front. If I buy an air cooler, that cools the CPU, sure. However, if I can get a 240+ AIO, it cools the CPU and acts as an intake fan.

So, the equation isn't AIO vs air cooler. It's AIO vs air cooler + however many case fans the AIO replaced.

I'll probably just end up paying extra and getting all quiet air fans and forgetting about AIO, but I've crunched the numbers and the deepcool is better value in terms of cost. Plus, the Deepcool castle/captain has objectively good reviews, I was wondering if this lower model had some of the properties of the newer one.

Also, the pumps of any AIO are virtually silent. Any noise that comes from them would be due to turbulent air, which would not be a problem because the rad would be mounted above the pump (on the front as an intake).

>CL14 3200MHz will fair better than CL17 3600MHz. Better than CL16 3400MHz.
why?
at higher clocks/looser timings the latency stays the same and the bandwith is larger.

you posted worse k-on instead of Mio
that's a good reason tbqh

>AiO cooler also provides intake
No no. You DO NOT want to have hot air being dumped into the case. You're placing too much about the airflow/air cooling. I've run cases with absolutely not case fans at all and the CPU cooler fared fine. Again, what are you cooling? Overclocked? The money you're going to spend on a shit tier AiO just seems a waste to me.

Well you're kind of a unique case because if you're using the APU iGPU, RAM speed is your VRAM. So I guess get the fastest speed you can but I wouldn't leave CL17.

For someone who runs off solar... Power consumption.

ok ignoring the igpu, still at higher clocks/looser timings the latency stays the same and the bandwith is larger.

Is that really what happens or is it say the 267 mhz beyond 3733 mhz in a 4000mhz stick is only good for 133 mhz?
If that's the case, why would people even buy RAM higher than 3733 mhz? Or is underclocking an alternative way to get desirable RAM speed/latency?

how much power saved? for example from a 0v offset to a -0.138v offset
(vcore)

Fuck this shit and any case builder who makes these atrocities.

Attached: front-panel-connectors.jpg (560x420, 32K)

yes, but how it interacts with Ryzen Infinity fabric is different. Look at the chart posted before and it shows that the IF latency is the same with CL14 3200MHz and CL16 3600MHz. Even CL17 3733MHz is only a tiny bit better.
Nope. According to the chart, as soon as you exceed 3733MHz, IF drops to 2:1 automatically.
>Why would people buy RAM higher than 3733MHz?
The infinity fabric latency is only relevant for gaming and latency sensitive stuff. Other programs out there who simply prefer the raw bandwidth of CL18 4400MHz RAM will benefit from the overall faster RAM regardless of IF latency.

just dont be a retard and it should be easy

also this is pc building general, not pc assembly general.

it's not grammatically correct. Botched it when making it more concise. Go ahead and fix it in the next OP if you post it.

3400CL14 will likely run at 3600CL15, yes. But Ryzen does favor even number cas latency for the main timing, I hear.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/Lcsg29
That's a really suboptimal build. You can get more for the money.
pcpartpicker.com/list/Fcq93b 570 instead of 580, but it's a better model and every other component is better so all you have to do is upgrade the GPU later on and you'll still have a good basis to support the GPU upgrade.

lmao don't blow hot radiator air into your case i can't believe how many fucking people make this mistake

If that's difficult for you, I can only imagine what other things you struggle with in life.

>infinity fabric latency is only relevant for gaming and latency sensitive stuff. Other programs out there who simply prefer the raw bandwidth
Didn't Threadripper already have 2:1 mode?
Why are the Intel shills in full force over this feature as if it's a negative now?

>Infinity fabric and latencies
Yeah but on that same pic they recommend getting the fastest ram for Ryzen.

t. handlets

no retard, it's at 3400cl16.
stock is 3000cl15.
>But Ryzen does favor even number cas latency for the main timing, I hear.
what the hell does that mean

>Didn't Threadripper already have 2:1 mode?
Yea Threadripper always had it. I don't even think TR2 was able to properly hand 4 sticks of RAM over 3600MHz half the time. The problem was the IF overall being latency intensive regardless of RAM speed. Which is why 1:1 is such an achievement for Ryzen 3xxx.

Just a 65w chip, not really overclocking. The case is tempered glass and doesn't have good airflow, the glass is translucent so you can't see inside so I'm not necessarily going for aesthetics.

I'd still need to put at least one fan in the front as intake, right?

tfw no quad channel mobo

Not only that but older gen Ryzen had shittier memory controllers that couldn't fully utilize the IF in the first place.

Ah, thanks.

>Yeah but on that same pic they recommend getting the fastest ram for Ryzen.
What? You see the 1:1 and 2:1 at the bottom of the chart right? DDR4 4400MHz CL18 has worse latency than even CL14 3200MHz. CL17 3733MHz is only 2ns better than that. Their highest recommended is 3600MHz CL16 because it's the cheapest option compared to B-die based CL14 3200MHz and CL17 3733MHz.

does that apply to the 2200g since it's actually a 1200 with igpu

Yes.

i'm nowhere near 4400, i'm goin from 3400c16 to 3600c17
and mine is micron rev e

Not him but 2ns is significant especially in gaming

oh no pls

for a 65w chip stock? Nothing crazy. One fan in front, one in back. Even just low RPM stuff will be fine. I have pic related cooling a 53w tdp Pentium dual core and the fans barely hit 700RPM to keep it sub 35C.

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_502552132668254_20190515_165121266.jpg (2048x1870, 1.55M)

source? I would sincerely love to see real world difference in 2ns.
up to you user if you want to try it out. Numbers don't mean shit until you bench. If you can get CL17 3600MHz to play nice, give it a whirl.
yup sorry user.

I wonder what the difference in performance would be with the Patriot Extreme Performance Viper 4 kit that was recommended in an earlier thread, where they use the timing:
CL17 - 17-19-19-39
Where as other name brands use the timing:
CL17 - 17-17-17-37
and yes it is given that the patriot kit is roughly half the price, but how big would the performance hit be.

Very little, the other timings have an almost negligble impact on performance. What really always matters is clockspeed and CAS latency.

is the b450 tomahawk a good choice bros? going with a ryzen 3600 and 32gb of 3200 ram

Attached: 1562086189814.gif (978x827, 1.29M)

This is kind of blowing my mind, I always see these builds of people with mid-tier chips and safe overclocks stuffing their cases full of fans. I see a lot of builds use AIOs as intakes, is that shit just for aesthetics?

Looking into this now, there are so many videos on youtube proving that case fans don't matter if air is constricted by the case anyway.

So the best plan of action would be to add a brettygud aircooler? I could rig a way for the front to let in more air, but for a 65w chip I guess who cares? I'd just be spending more money on fans.

What BQ cooler is that? Pure rock? Do you think a low profile one like an L9i/a would work? I'm not a fan of having to take off or work around very large air coolers.

I'm sorry you need huge fingers to reach and stimulate your prostate.

>no retard, it's at 3400cl16.
This was stated where? Go fuck yourself.
>what the hell does that even mean
You don't know what an even number is? Retard.

2200g is actually a different chip. It has a single CCX while 1200 is 2+2.

It's 2ns every time the core needs something from memory, that's not in cache.
Though, not exactly true, due to speculative execution. This stuff gets fudged a lot.

But games are the applications which are the most memory latency intensive because they are horribly poorly programmed and are accessing memory (or cache) repeatedly each frame, many times per second.

That's why going from 10ns to 8ns true memory latency (formula is in the OP), a 20% reduction, 2ns, can get you 10-20% increases in FPS. Compare that to overclocking where going from 4GHz to 5GHz, a 20% increase, generally only gets you 1-5% gains in games because those extra clock cycles are just idle waiting on memory anyway. Hell, overclocking CPU can even make performance worse in games due to throttling.

see the 2933 CL14 vs CL16. That's a 1.35ns difference in latency, almost 15%, and the difference in 1% minimums is almost 10%.

>is the b450 tomahawk a good choice
yes
>32gb of 3200 ram
why

Don't get 32GB of RAM unless you're absolutely sure you're need it. It'll run slower, especially if it's 4 SR sticks instead of 2 DR ones.
I use 32GB myself, but that's because I need it for work and can take the sacrifice in gaming speed.

Yes, B450 Tomahawk will be fine at least for 8 core and maybe 12 core Zen2.

>I see a lot of builds use AIOs as intakes, is that shit just for aesthetics
Aesthetics and retardation, yes.

People THINK they're better, even though facts show otherwise. They are more expensive, louder, worse performing, and less reliable than air coolers.
It's the same way people think that Intel is better without bothering to look into the facts. Blindly buy aios, blindly buy intel, blindly buy a 970 evo for gaming, etc. Someone who actually does the research and understands the facts gets a better PC for half the cost.

>yes, but how it interacts with Ryzen Infinity fabric is different
infinity fabric likes higher clocks.

>buy a 970 evo for gaming
What would you recommend instead?

Can it be bad for the HDDs to run vertically like that?

Attached: JPEG_20190704_002125.jpg (3984x2988, 2.62M)