Tfw your ISP doubles your dl speed for free

>tfw your ISP doubles your dl speed for free

based optus.

Attached: Untitled.png (391x365, 13K)

I highly doubt your ISP sold you a 20d20u line. Besides "free"... nothing you pay for is fucking free, everything is baked into the ammount you're handing them monthly.

>tfw ISP won't sell anything anything lower than 100/100 mbits
all I want is a comfy 1 mbit shitposting connection for $1 a month

Imagine being so cucked that you think doubling your download speed is for your benefit.

>tfw your down dips below your up
It's fairly rare but it's still bullshit.

Attached: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.png (720x1168, 1.26M)

Optus has the Singapore-tier censorship technology (i.e. it actually works). And used it to block Jow Forums 2 months ago. Newfag.

hahaha

Attached: JUST.png (402x380, 16K)

if you use the default isp dns you deserve to be blocked

every day from around 5pm to 11pm i get a knot in my routing that has 80-90% packageloss.
is there anything i can do about it? my isp is like 'fuck off it's not us' and there is no other isp available to me.
it's usually a level3 server and so far only youtube isnt affected.

>being an aussie
>not using based iinet

crikey

>Not making the switch to Aussie Broadband
ISHYGDDT

Thats just the thing, Optus blocked IPs at the route level (not packet injection). Serious tier censorship, worse than Russian.

>TPG
>based
lol.

>Not allowed to use the service for whatever you want
Nah, fuck ABB.

Superloop are better and don't cry everytiem you run a speedtest.

>twice as slow as my 20$ 4G net
Lel

So, they brought you from 2002 to 2004 FOR FREE? How nice of them.

This is at max router range through four walls. My PC gets 1100 Gbps wired. I don't even need this much speed, but it's good to have it. Don't ask how much it costs, though.

Attached: waow.jpg (1440x831, 183K)

>pay for 30/2
>get pic related instead

Attached: 1561524240010.png (763x137, 12K)

>1100 Gbps

How much?

$110 for gigabit and another $50 for unlimited data. There's a 2000 Mbps option for $200 that I'm considering to support all my security cameras.

I just got gigabit internet, paid one month @ 165. Got a call a few weeks ago it's going down to 65. Absolute ballin.

Here in Italy we reached the point where every type of cabled connection costs 25€/month.
7Mbps because you live in the countryside? 25€.
20Mbps in small cities? 25€
200Mbps? Same.
1Gbps if you're lucky to live in Milan or other big cities? Still fucking 25€.
Also big companies WILL upgrade your plan for free if one day the infrasctructure you're on it's upgraded to a faster lane.

Jesus that's limp dicked. Optus is a trash ISP.

Attached: 2019-07-04 19.44.01 www.google.com 5debf909eb22.png (399x357, 20K)

Optus are trash. I cancelled my service mid last month, and just received a bill for the full months service along with a 15 dollar late fee for being slow while I tried to escape them. They're a totally worthless bloodsucking company that should go out of business.

Attached: 1560272290636.jpg (526x571, 28K)

On wifi, not terrible

Attached: SmartSelect_20190704-080613_Speedtest.jpg (1401x1901, 295K)

No matter mow many times I read this shit it doesn't make any more sense.
The fuck is packet injection? You mean inspection, like DPI?
Serious tier?
"Route level"?
"Worse than Russian" statement is just wrong, Russian blocklist would rival only China's. At this point I think it's buttblasted Ivan whiteknighting for his nigger country.

thats fucked up, from what i see i can get 1Gb for 15€ and 10Gb for 48~€

Attached: 2019-07-04 09_16_43.png (396x220, 10K)

>and another $50 for unlimited data.
That's a terrible plan. Where I live data caps are a thing only for mobile plans. Why those fuckers are charging you for datas on a cabled subscription?

user.... I....

Attached: DE303C67-CE14-42BC-A009-DE4B0EE61553.png (750x1334, 328K)

>tfw 300/300 to 600/600 for """"""""free"""

ITT: poorfags

Attached: not poor.png (987x240, 28K)

Attached: Capture.jpg (706x238, 15K)

poorfag

Attached: 87KrzJb.png (769x169, 19K)

I hate Comcast.

$80/month, but it's business class, not residential.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190704-132835_Speedtest.jpg (1438x1906, 300K)

Sounds like you're on VDSL considering Australia.

It's not common now for ISPs to just offer everyone on xDSL max throughput for a flat rate, over here a €1.5 upgrade gets you whatever your line can support, whether it is 8/1 or 60/20.

There's still a surprising amount of research done on xDSL, with the most recent technologies 250/50 should be achievable at like 400-500m loop length.

Same here, got the phone call today.
Based Vodafone can't wait for the inevitable scam.

They probably give you a reasonable amount like 100TB for free.

Pretty much like a business/server use charge.

Centurylink has 1 Gbps for $65 if they're in your area.

They're not, we had to pay $17800 just to get this installed.

damn it's like 2006 speeds again!

ITT: ungrateful bastards

Attached: over for internetcels.png (751x121, 17K)

>tfw rural and stuck on Telstra 4g

Sucks so hard, Musk sama save me with your new satellite network so I can tell these cunts to get fucked

>having less than 100mbps

I pay £25 for this shit

Attached: Screenshot_17.png (907x244, 34K)

was on 5mbit until like 2 years ago, i know that feel

I pay more than 100$ for less than 10mbps up and down
thanks america

>45€ month
>1000 Mbps
>actually 100MBps
>few months later -10MBps
>same thing after a while longer
Now 45€ for 80MBps + Line Phone pretty sad

>tfw comcast gave me free dl speed, but didn't change my upload
Fuck you comcast!

Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 3.43 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 1.83 Mbit/s

D:

Telstra here.
I got cable internet, paid extra to get 100mbps and I get 115 all day everyday. It has never gone slower in 3+ years. I also got the speed pack at half price because they misquoted me and never fixed it.
I started on a 500gb limit, then they upgraded me to 1tb for free and now it's unlimited.
Only problem is the upload was 3mbps, which they recently upped to 5mbps. Absolutely pathetic, but it's still better than most people in Australia

I've never noticed this. I thought it was Telstra and Vodafone that Chinas their subscribers.

>1.1Tbps

Attached: tenor.gif (374x300, 102K)

Normal routers can't divert or stop individual packets efficiently so the solution is to inspect a tiny subset and spray RST packets into matches to kill connections. This is the old Chinese system, Russian, most common retrofit. Serious censorship hardware checks destination headers.

I think I was at 100 and they upped it to 300 for the same price, $60CAD/month

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-04 23-42-53.png (399x354, 39K)

Except singapore's censorship doesn't work. Knnbccb yalam

640 Mbps symmetric

No there's no amount, it's written anywhere in the contract.
Don't assume I live in the US

He was on the 25\5 plan, in aus we have RSP's instead of ISPs because they're all virtual providers over the same network.

The mid tier plan is no longer 25\5 unless the RSP wants to pay another 36 bucks a month, so everyone got bumped to the 50\20 tier.

TO PAY FOR THAT, they're floating the idea of charging an extra fee for use of streaming services.

Movistar here living in Ibiza where less than 10 years ago we didn't even have 30mbps. We have had this since early this year, maybe last year, I don't even remember. I usually get a little over 600 since my main time usage is after 18:00~01:00.

TPG has at least got the backhaul. I miss my FTTP on them.

How tf can you upgrade infrastructure when your customers don't pay for the speeds they use

where?

It's something providers do if they see there's some kind of request for faster lanes in the area.
Also who the hell said they don't pay? If you don't pay the providers just cut your internet.

Cable one is gay senpai, why not just go with Century Link for half the cost...

I'm saying paying the same amount for a high-speed connection should cost more. I mean who's picking up the bill for the infrastructure costs, installation of underground cabling?

t. Yishun resident

Unfortunately infrastructures are almost (80%) under one big company (TIM) that just stabilized itself in the '50 and have the monopoly of the infrasctructures. So for them it costs near 0 to upgrade their infrastructures

>How tf can you upgrade infrastructure when your customers don't pay for the speeds they use
In most of Western Europe, the infrastructure was either built by the State (in the case of ADSL) or heavily subsidized (in the case of fiber). The ISP never paid to build the infrastructure, its customers already did.

Exactly this, i got 10 Mbps for free, thanks Grandpa for paying for all this shit while i wasn't even alive

Attached: The_Plan_P.png (338x418, 223K)

I just got done really bad, I had 80 down 2 up and now I have 40 down 15 up, I didn't need this upload and I've been jewed for the last time.

>he gets internet for free and only pays $59.99 for it

I get upgraded to 1Gbps and think it's about damn time. Find out I'm only getting 100Mbps link speed. Well, time to investigate. Head to the ONT on the side of the house and discover pin 1 & 2 are miswired on the rj45 cap and from the cap down about 6-8 inches of the cable's sheath is missing with wires exposed, I shake my head. Sometimes I wonder how these guys get hired.

Poland

im happy with it

Attached: Untitled.jpg (723x255, 35K)

Ye brah. Went from adsl 11/1 to glorious 50/25 without a cent extra
Feels good man

It's exactly what I paid for, so thats fine. Pretty good considering I live deep in the sticks (by german standards)

Attached: ayy.png (773x268, 32K)

you sound like my seafood manager i work with.
sells about 200$ a day in product.
he does $400 in sales the next day, boasts about how he is 100% up.
>doubling of something small doesn't make it good.

>I'm saying paying the same amount for a high-speed connection should cost more.
Why?

Government subsidy.

Hell, the US fiber backbone was largely subsidized, the savings just never got passed to the customers and the US ISPs just pocketed their profits that they didn't have to invest into backbone infrastructure since the government already paid for a massive chunk.

4G

Attached: Screenshot_20190705-114428.jpg (1172x1886, 354K)