Is it safe to say that this whole package is being sold thanks to Excel alone? I can also see people using Word...

Is it safe to say that this whole package is being sold thanks to Excel alone? I can also see people using Word, because all those 50 year old ladies from accounting won't just magically stop sending everyone docx templates, but I honestly doubt anyone uses the rest of that junk.

Attached: 623333_1.jpg (750x750, 52K)

I've always see people using PowerPoint and Access. Dont know about the rest

i've seen people use everything. the whole package.

Boomers still refuse to switch from outlook too

Project is used in serious business to make GANTTs
Not sure if it's a separate license, I know Visio is

Outlook is unironically great. It may be bloated to hell but nothing else comes close.

> nothing comes close
What have you tried?

No. Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook are all useful. Access for small business. You're just a NEET.

Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote are all excellent pieces of software. This is coming from a Linux user.

Outlook, powerpoint, excel and word are the big hitters in corp. The fact they integrate well with notes and access tags them along too.
Office 365 also adds a bunch of features like resource logging and Shared mailboxes.
For a home user, not so much, but people like familiarity so they'll use office for anything they can.

Name a better client.

Literally all of it is used in most office settings.

>I can also see people using Word, because all those 50 year old ladies from accounting won't just magically stop sending everyone docx templates,
Docx work fine in all the free office suites I have used?

Excel is really the only one with no competition

I can totally understand Excel and Outlook. Powerpoint, especially recently, also has great QoL features compared to free alternatives.
But what does Word have? It's a program for composing short forms and contracts, I don't get what warrants paying for it.

I used the three while in college, but now i just take it easy with each, power point i dont use anymore tho

I just want to say what they did with autosaving has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

The whole package is being sold because it's the standard and people refuse to switch to anything else

In corp, you don't support two applications when you can support one. Especially because your support package most likely has word included in it. It's intertwined greatly with the rest of the packages, and comes bundled.

I don't see people using Access. It's usually Excel, Word and a bit of PowerPoint.

Evolution or geary

kek

OneCHADNote.

mail.google.com

It's being sold due to lobby and inertia.

Let’s face it, libreoffice isn’t really competition.

50 years old lady should be using WordStar and Lotus 1-2-3

Freetard or google shill delusion

>Evolution
>can't even use Exchange by default
>considered an alternative

>Freetard or google shill delusion
cope harder, microbenis shill.

bro, I know time flies fast once you get older, but come on.

At home and uni I used Word, excel and PP.
My gf used access for job (operations) and I used a bit of Publisher at my work. So yeah, with a bit of luck whole package is useful

Attached: FB_IMG_1560639069563.jpg (500x300, 19K)

>microsoft office suit
>used in every professional setting
>google and freetard suites
>used by streetshitters to make email scams

outlook powerpoint and OneNote are undeniably useful also. I like word for making project plans

Why should I use exchange? For me, crypyographic signatures and encryption are important, and this is super easy with evolution.

>Why should I use exchange?
because it's the business standard

Thunderbird with extensions, Postbox Mail or Hiri.

Excel is the main by far; it can be used to do everything, albeit with mediocre results in most cases. The other products are also used somewhat. Access has nice integration with SQL Server as a front, and other nice things.

But if you own a domain and have a email server set up, this is not a solution.

I use all of those except access, mostly Outlook , Excel, and Word.

access is one of the worst god damn things ever created

I know users in big financial-related companies (insurance) that use Access for data analysis when Excel doesn't cut it (millions of registers, gigabyte sized files).

The only real thing that Office has over Libreoffice is mobile. Trying to use any ODF document on mobile is janky and MS actually has stuff that just werks and syncs with onedrive and other cloud shit but the act of trying to edit a excel sheet on a phone is pretty shit so I don't know how many people bother.

Nah, Access is great. Easily the second best thing in the MS Office suite.

Excel and maybe Access

yes, it has functionality that google sheets does not, and google sheets does not import .xls (or whatever the fuck an excel extension is) well. BUT, notes is now really taking off in the business world, and will soon be another key skill set needed for the office environment

outlook,MS teams and excel is GOAT software
change my mind

outlook is still popular with businesses and boomers

I have it for free with my community college account, other than that I still think I would pay for it because I use my OneDrive account like crazy and the other bits of Office are great such as Word and Powerpoint.

I pay for it, I get 1 TB of OneDrive for around 70€/year. Not a bad deal considering I get all Office apps too.

>Massive and mission critical access databases stored on client devices.
The horror. Those should be stored SQL servers.

What can you do in Excel that you can't do in Libreoffice Calc, R, Pandas or whatever else is out there? The price is ridiculous.

I use Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote daily on the job, word maybe to spellcheck something. Don't know about access and the other program tho

Can't SumatraPDF open Office files?

actually yes (if we're not counting enterprise users)
Google Docs and LibreOffice handle the rest just fine

They work on virtual machines stored on servers.

You seem to forget learning R means time and that means money too.

That's little better if they are backed up, but It's still going to be a clusterfuck when Janice from accounting is the sole DBA.

>the whole package
All of it you say? The entire thing? Impressive.

She's not. She's not interacting with the Oracle database directly, she's interacting with a copy of certain registers needed for accounting (i.e. the January activity for the clients in certain area and things like that). Excel can't handle the volume so they need to import the data into Access, where they can refine the data by making custom queries, etc. I don't see anything wrong.

Also you'd be surprised how much some of these accounting ladies know about databases after 20-30 years working there. There's one that can write SQL sentences 95% in this board couldn't write.

VBA. The language is different to the alternative in Libre Calc, so you can't just copy and paste the code. Same with all other Office apps; the depth of the integration they provide with other Microsoft products (e.g. SQL Server & Visual Studio), through VBA or directly, can't be matched by Libre Office.

Access can be an interface for a SQL Server. It doesn't mean that the data is local.

Gant charts are easy as shit to make, you don't need pro fucking software

My Uni makes us use it

You gotta look for a better uni, apparently.

>namefag telling some normal fag to stop being shit
You need to make your head a little better by shooting a hole in it.

I’ve used almost all those programs since I was in 1st grade and no one is going to pry them away from me.

Microsoft Office 4 Life!

Office365 is not that big of a scam. If all your care about is the software itself it's not worth it, but it comes with 1tb of cloud storage on onedrive, and for that much storage the price is very reasonable compared to the competition, so if you view it as paying for the storage and you get the software for free as a bonus, it's a decent product.

lmaoing @ ur life, faggot

My father uses Excel every single day
His excel books are legit legacy monsters his been using since easily the 90s
He also uses word
Nothing else
I bought him a bunch of grey market keys and called it a day

What is he storing in them, if it's work shit shouldn't the job be paying for his software instead of getting chink keys.

Have you ever tried the open source alternatives? They are fucking shit.

>Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote are all excellent pieces of software
>Word
>PowerPoint
ebin

No, it's his home accounting
He created the monster a long time ago and he basically copies the whole thing into a new page each year, so it's like 20 years of numbers, cross references...
The funny thing is he knows where it crashes and prefers to keep it that way
I stopped trying to help him fix it for real
He is happy doing it his way, and BTW he enjoys 2019 office a lot. In terms of UI the performance is a lot better than 2016

>ITT : Pleb who doesn't know shit about the power platform®

Word, excel and PowerPoint
That's it
That's why it's better to buy the students package, that only includes that

>His excel books are legit legacy monsters his been using since easily the 90s
Chances are he could have also kept using the same software that created the document in the first place
Windows 10 still runs office as old as Office 97, 95 and even older if you have 16 bit support

I wanted to be safe, so he didn't lose his shit, so office 2019 pro on windows 10 pro, to make it pretty and current, with everything on OneDrive, WITHOUT using the office upload feature, because it works horribly. Once he saves, everything gets uploaded. Zero issues for me down the line

VBA is absolute cancer and I’ve yet to see a case that couldn’t completely be done with python instead.

I understand why you would want a modern Office
I just though I'd share that tidbit
I personally have a copy of office 97 installed that I use for personal things, it's only really used because I remember fucking with it as a kid on the family PC
Anything that gets handed to someone else is created and edited on 365

Yeah it's that he enjoys having the new tools, while still fixated on reusing everything he has done
There's a lot of WordPerfect stuff, too, but he is not very interested in that for whatever reason

I use it for Outlook because all the free clients fucking suck

this
also for visio
there no good alternatives

Access is a great database of office workers who dont know too much about databases. Its incredibly annoying to work with if you have a lot of experience working with RDBMS.

True when I have to do VBA shit I just call the api from win32com in python. VBA itself is not really that bad but the fact that you can only execute from within a Office app is bullshit, and makes it impossible to orchestrate any meaningful automation.

Just call office support tell them you have Office 2010 & lost your product key. Bam 3 month trial of Office 365 just so they can get you current. Rinse and repeat with different emails.

I really don't use spreadsheets THAT much, but just from my limited experience calc really struggles with nonlinear optimization while excel does it just fine.

What do these new versions bring anyways? I use Office 2010 on windows and 2007 on linux because it has better compatibility with wine, and I haven't had a trouble opening files with them.

>missing teams, onenote.
Thanks I'll take O365

Pp too

if you ever used mso 19 or 365 then you will notice that even on old machines with dual core and 4gb of ram, with ssd it's fluent, fast and light as fuck

I dare to say that this is first officie optimised under windows after 15 years

People who work for a company that runs an Exchange server have to use Outlook.