ReactOS 'a ripoff of the Windows Research Kernel' claims Microsoft kernel engineer

theregister.co.uk/2019/07/03/reactos_a_ripoff_of_the_windows_research_kernel_claims_microsoft_kernel_engineer/

Opines that there's 'absolutely no way on Earth this was written from a clean sheet'

Attached: 34v03f[1].jpg (500x500, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20341022
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I LOLd on comments

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20341022

that ms cuck is retarded, if it's going to emulate windows of course some parts will be similar

ok, is that my problem? not my products....

>In a world where Microsoft dominated the operating system world
It's so nice to hear this.

if this is happening then React team is really close.
Microsoft fears competitors,shut it down.

Wasn't this part of the plan?

At what point can an OS developer no longer protect their kernel interfaces under IP law? Unfortunately we already got a decision under the Oracle V Google case that interfaces can be considered as IP even if code written above and below the interface doesn't violate copyright. Luckily, I suspect that React will continue to exist whether or not it's legal.

>hacker news

Attached: 1557066013981.jpg (910x960, 100K)

I wouldn't be surprised. And even if it isn't true, this is what everyone told them would happen. Microsoft will eventually claim copyright and the project will die.

The US method of reverse engineering is completely retarded. Why the fuck can't the person who disassembled the device/software implement the new thing too?

>I think it's a ripoff
>I think
LMAO, nice court case, retard.

liability. it's much more difficult to sue someone for infringing on intellectual property rights by copying code line for line if they haven't actually seen the code

because that's how we reverse engineered the alien ship that crash landed and figured out how to make monolithic integrated circuits.

i don't buy into the bob lazar bullshit story but the first application of integrated circuits was for ICBMs and the f-14's flight computer, and came 8 years after fairchild semiconductor first figured out that they could even make transistors out of silicon and immediately before the people that started Intel left fairchild. the entire semiconductor industry was focused on germanium until the US government got involved

based schizo

if he's reading this GPL code by Microsoft logic he shouldn't be allowed to work on Microsoft anymore

This just means that ReactOS is getting good so MS wants it dead.
Year of the ReactOS shitboxes soon.

what are the odds of microsoft partnering with reactos?

Ooups they did it again

Wasn't there already some law dispute from MS against Wine and some poor sod was tasked with going through the entire source code found no 'stolen code'?

my favorite part about Lazar is that everything he said about area 51 was later admitted and officially declassified EXCEPT of course the alien thing, textbook limited hangout