>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional).
>R5 1600 - $80 at Microcenter
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value
>For extreme performance in gaming, rendering, and/or productivity, wait for benchmarks on 7/7

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and related performance regression

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks is the only recommendation for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps or more demanding games
>Vega56 @ $300 / 2060 @ $320 or equivalent - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>Vega56 @ $300 / 2060 @ $320 or equivalent - 60-100fps
>Wait for benchmarks on 7/7
2160p (4K)
>Wait for benchmarks on 7/7
>RTX 2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD
>Only buy a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>Don't use Speccy

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Last thread

Attached: carteet_adapt.jpg (560x385, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yxPBXNuX6Xs?t=1931
lmgtfy.com/?q=Intel mitigation performance impact
amazon.com/dp/B07FWY246F/?tag=pcpapi-20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is the best RAID card?

is that pci to agp?

how much will the 2060 super be in the UK?

>nothing about super
trash OP again

it says wait for 7/7 benchmark to be sure navi is shit and move on to super. also super launches only on 9th.

are there any 1050p 75hz monitors?

are there any cases the same size (or smaller) than the FBM-X1 but with good airflow?

>wait for benchmarks
Intel shill grasping at straws. It's already very clear that AMD is getting the upper hand. Jews are getting marched into the oven and they're getting restless and desperate.

how is a 1440p monitor for watching youtube/movies/etc in 1080p? I heard that setting games to that resolution makes it look a bit blurry and was wondering if that effect carried over to media.

I posted a thread here yesterday asking whether I should go for an AMD or an Intel as my new CPU. Gave me a lot of insight. Right now, I'm leaning towards getting a 3600X as soon as they're released. I'm making this upgrade for gaming as well as future-proofing. The main thing that drove me against getting a 9600k is the low thread count.

So my question is, what kind of performance can I expect out of the 3600X? Can't find any resources on that online. Also, what mobo should I go for? And is it true that AMD CPUs cause input lag?

People in Asia are getting their hand on chips and most show a max OC at 4.4 or 4.5GHz with a lucky one getting to 4.6GHz.

What does that mean realistically for gaming? From previous experience, I know that Intel tends to be better GHz for GHz when it comes to ingame performance, also tends to run more efficiently. Is this still the case? All that matters to me is the bottom line: higher and more consistent FPS in more games.

£475, I believe.

I've got an i5-3570k and a GTX 1060. I'm planning an overhaul/upgrade once super and zen2 release.
I currently play at 1080@60 and given the small size of my desk I don't plan to increase the resolution but I'd like to make the jump to 144Hz.
What CPU/GPU combo do you recommend?

I'm moving & my current pc has a h60 water cooler. Wondering if i should take it out just to be safe or leave it on cause am scared of it. Already took out the gpu. Just need some opinions.

9600k/9700k/9900k is still better than 3600x/3800x/3900x from AMD's own benchmarks

AMD GETTING AHEAD OF INTEL MEANS LESS MONEY FOR THE JEWS WHICH MEANS SLOWING THEIR GLOBAL PLAN

Link?

Oops that's for the 2070 super.
2060 super will be £380.

>muh ghz!!1

>I know that Intel tends to be better GHz for GHz when it comes to ingame performance, also tends to run more efficiently
No

He's trolling, and ban evading.

Attached: rip intel 2011-2017.png (922x434, 60K)

Does SoC voltage have any relation with AMD CPUs?
I heard that with a higher CPU clock, the infinity fabric would use more SOC power, and that is intensified if the vcore is at the lowest limit.
Is that true?

>GHz doesn't matter when it's AMD
Beautiful double standards

We will now for sure in a few days, just be patient. But ghz for ghz has been mostly similar since zen+ (but intel could go 800-1000mhz faster) and zen has been more power efficient. So for sure we now that zen 2 will be faster clock for clock and way waaay more efficient but we still don't now for sure how the chiplet design will fare for gaming and if the faster ipc will make up for the lower maximum clock speed.

Nice one pajeet.

I'm still waiting for a link from either side to give me some empirical data on AMD performing better than Intel ingame or vice versa.

And that's with intel running stock and best ram/mobo/silicon for ryzen

Attached: AMDE3Livestream_NextHorizonGaming-Ryzen-Slide-13-1024x576.png (1024x576, 442K)

fuck, hope I can get a 2070s on release day, I don't have a gpu right now so I wont be able to finish my 3600 build without it

no

>infographic with no source or supporting evidence
Try again.

LMAO this is literally from AMD. These are the best zen 2 benchmarks you're gonna get.

Shut the fuck up pajeet.

t. mad AMDrone
Get ready for the biggest disappointment, as always.

Holy fuck, this cope. Did you buy a 9900k or something you precious faggot?

AMD posted them at E3 dumbass. It's the most cherry picked benchmark you can get and amd still loses on average

Please buy Intel now. Don't wait for reviews

Attached: it's over bros.png (1082x766, 191K)

why don't you guys just stop posting potentially misleading benchmarks and wait for the public to release benchmarks in 3 days
I have no doubt that the 3xxx series will be amazing but you fags are hyping things up a LOT and I reckon a lot of people will be let down because of your shitposting

>cope
The company you're shilling posted these benchmarks itself. Literally the company you're shilling has admitted that their product is inferior by posting them.

>tfw RMA got approved for my motherboard despite me fucking the pins up
is this what being lucky feels like lads? They said it's a special case so I'm good for RMA.

>Intel CPUs are now defunct
9400F is still the best for gayming (and not much else)
also this

amd launches are the worst desu. There's excessive hype and misleading rumors being taken as fact all over the internet. This doesn't really happen for intel/nvidia products strange enough.

Then post a video or a link that's from a trustworthy source that shows AMD endorsing this.

Attached: 1562006469183.jpg (700x5000, 1.83M)

>he thinks the AMD benchmarks aren't from AMD
LMAO absolute state of AMDrones

Because amd hypes their products 1 year before release. On the other hand nvidia announces and releases super within a week and BTFO's a one year's preparation and hype of navi lol

>This doesn't really happen for intel/nvidia products strange enough.

Intel and Nividia don't have a swarm of stockholding incels shilling this products on PC-building communities 24/7

Attached: 1535126701217.jpg (600x600, 24K)

>still not posting a source
You're just making me think more and more that you made your ebin infographic on MS Photopaint

youtu.be/yxPBXNuX6Xs?t=1931

Did the hard work for you.

Have a 6700k is it worth the jump to any newer CPU AMD or Intel?

zen2 benchmarks are out in 3 days. Nobody can provide a proper answer until then.

Your current build probably pushes decent framerates already at lower video quality settings but if you're unsatisfied, first upgrade the CPU to a 3600/3600X and if the 1060 isn't pushing out enough frames at whatever quality settings you want to use, then go for an RTX 2060 Super.

anyone know the CPU Cooler clearance and GPU clearance of the FBM-X2? Can't find them anywhere

Nope. You're forgetting that this is Intel without security/speed patches and mitigations and AMD without the new scheduler that will be released soon.

The AMD CPU is also running stock, without PBO2. Pretty sure the RAM was also sub-4000 MHz or 3600 MHz.

See

This. Stop hyping the new Ryzens and do something else with your times until they actually release it. It's almost like you're all AMD shills or sad fucks that have nothing better to do

IS IT POSSIBLE TO IMPROVE A RYZEN'S IMC BY ADJUSTING SOMETHING??
THIS POS WON'T LET MY RAM GO BEYOND 3400MHZ

These are good points, but all it really makes me think is that even with all the advantages the Zen doesn't pull that far ahead. I imagine instead of getting called out for unfair benchmarking over a moderately better looking chart they just decided to keep it fair as possible.

>muh security patches
>AMD will boost perf by 15% with scheduler fix because they say so
next level cope

where's that X570 vrm chart?

I hope nobody uses SSD+Intel

Attached: 1562254142771.jpg (1159x697, 69K)

>hard facts that'll make AMD perform better than intel offerings
>hurr cope
Hows the weather in Bangladesh today, Armaj?

Actually forget about the 2060 Super, the price/performance ratio isn't great. The RTX 2060 or Vega 56 if you can find them at a good price.

Attached: Untitled.png (1404x791, 371K)

>facts
more like made up speculations to make drones feel better and buy more stocks

3600 will almost surely be a big upgrade. Just wait for benchmarks.

BCLK OC also makes the IMC run faster afaik.
But it's likely just your board that's the issue. Especially if it's Gigabyte.

The fact that they ran the results without doing something that would literally make the 9700k look a decade older is pretty based. Intel doesn't give the same treatment.

>>hard facts that'll make AMD perform better than intel offerings
Hard facts are that Intel security patches have less than 0,01% performance impact under any scenario and also that the supposed performance gains from the 1903 update have not been replicated yet.

Jesus christ. This post.

Just stop buddy. This is a "I have a thousand articles that say otherwise versus your one forum post that says so" situation and I REALLY don't want to btfo you all day.

Oh really? Post these articles.

lmgtfy.com/?q=Intel mitigation performance impact

I know how to use google. Post the articles.

cope

>cope
cope

>>cope
>cope
cope

>>>cope
>>cope
>cope
cope

the absolute fucking state of this board right now holy fuck
I cannot wait for these releases to be over and done with

Great PC building discussion faggots.

What is bclk
>Especially if it's Gigabyte.
Am I smelling personal attack?

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE QUIT TALKING ABOUT BETTER HARDWARE REEEEEEEEEEEE

@71720305
>incessant shitposting
>talking
you don't deserve my (You)

>their cpu benefits from faster ram more than Intels
>still they have a ridiculous imc roof with a 1ghz+ ram clock difference from Intel
20 YEARS AND AMD STILL HAVEN'T LEARNED SHIT. What A bunch of dumb fucks they are. No wonder the Jew keeps taking over

I'll give it to myself then, faggot.

>Am I smelling personal attack?
Gigabyte is not well regarded for quality products.
If you can oc well, your mobo could be the culprit. Traces on the mobo affects signal integrity of ram and will affect your max ram oc.

Brand loyalist fanboys are weird.

this very much

Tick tock tock tock tock, Intel.

The 3600X requires 1.55V to achieve an all-core clock speed of 4.4GHz

Attached: 3600X overclocked.jpg (1312x984, 1.06M)

It's literally 1 fucking guy who keeps ban evading.
Best to just ignore him and report him. Maybe he'll get his common catch phrases filtered, at least.

Why are you being a baby when someone gave you helpful advice? You never mentioned you had a Gigabyte board, yet it was guessed. It should be easy to wonder why.

it's way more than 4 tocks at this point.
The only architecture changes since Devil's Canyon has been some hardening against Specter, Meltdown, MDS, etc.
Ironically, some of those architecture hardenings against specter/meltdown backfired and created new vulnerabilities with part of MDS.

Intel could have double their cache, brought back edram, and released a 10c/10t that could have been pretty competitive but they didn't believe AMD could get an up-to 35% gaming perf increase in a generation which was the only thing they had going for them since 2017 to begin with.

And it doesn't need to even be overclocked to outperform the 9700k.
Nice cope.
>muhh ghz. IPC doesn't matter. It mattered when Intel was 2.5% ahead but not anymore now that Intel is 12% behind!

Attached: t an actual intel employ.png (1803x890, 596K)

is the L9A-AM4 better than the stock wraith spire? I plan to use it for a non overclocked 2600X, possibly a 3600. I know I don't really need an aftermarket cooler if I'm not gonna OC but I always go overkill with cooling.

At least it has some vrm heatsinks while the equivalent MSI doesn't have any

Is it bad for the video card's lifespan (igpu in this case) to run it with an overclock that causes an artifact here and there???

Only slightly afaik.

YES LMAO

amazon.com/dp/B07FWY246F/?tag=pcpapi-20
this thing any good?
I hear a lot about >gigabyte

Should I format my HDD with a larger cluster for faster game loadings?

>don't use speccy
Why?
>no mention of g-sync
Is free and adaptive sync better? I replaced my Asus Strix monitor with the Swift

>And it doesn't need to even be overclocked to outperform the 9700k.
You're in the denial stage

Attached: 3600X Geekbench.png (1751x951, 78K)

Is there any reason not to, at this price?

Attached: 1950x.png (1024x523, 125K)

>geekbench
This is the intel shills favorite despite no one else giving a shit about it since Macfags cared a while back when Apple's ARM CPU was matching Intel's LMAO.

If you don't need quad channel memory, the 3700X is likely going to be overall faster.

Attached: i beat you up.png (833x1003, 542K)

Yo can anyone reccomend me a good mid tower case

>Cope talk
When all the gaming benchmarks come out, Intel will win yet again in all lightly threaded workloads. Intel will be more expensive, but they will always win, despite being on 14nm++++++++++

>Intel will be more expensive
They are cheaper now

This. That's just the rule of the game. The Jew always wins