Handbrake

Thoughts on this software?

Attached: logo.png (250x250, 20K)

You can get better results and finer control with avisynth scripts and pumping jobs through megui and all that, but honestly the ease of use to output quality ratio on Handbrake is pretty dang good. If you want acceptable results without turning it into a science fair project, it's a great tool.

Good software

Isn't it just an ffmpeg gui?

the quality is poo if you need to deinterlace

it's nice, used to use it to rip dvds from the local library to my ipod video

I just use ffmpeg directly.

comfy but retarded logo

It's a pretty good allrounder and what I'd recommend for most people (advanced users will of course use more specialized tools). The inability to copy video streams is somewhat annoying though.

It also uses FFmpeg libraries, but it's not just a frontend.

disgusting piece of freetard shit because it has artificial limit to 6 core utilization (intel lapdog software)

at least it is original logo

Incredibly dated.

Why?

It makes no sense and has nothing to do with the name or the function lmao

well it is pretty distinctive I sure remember that logo well. I mean it is not company logo for me it is fine

I wish it bothered to remember the name of the fucking subtitles, is it that difficult a task? and a default option as well, for fucks sake i might as well be doing it by hand.

Agreed. A lot of these logos for good software are off-putting and make it seem like some sort of shovelware.
It's great.

I like it because it's supereasy to use and it works on windows/mac/linux.
Imagine going to the library and checking out 10 movies/tv show discs taking them home and using handbrake to rip them. You then have a copy that you can keep forever. Then the next week you do the same thing. In 52 week you have over 500 high quality movies and you saved over $5,000 dollars--it's like giving yourself a raise!

What is the benefit of Avisynth compared to just using FFmpeg? With the latter I also have access to a million filters that allow me to do whatever I want like crop, scale, etc.

Yeah, but if you use something like MakeMKV you don't have to reencode the footage, you just remux it. That is faster and provides a better quality.

Complex filter strings in FFmpeg can get messy rather quickly. Also while FFmpeg has many filters, Avisynth still offers more, often with the ability to fine tune them to a greater extent and definitely with a better documentation.

no it doesnt you retard, it scales to 64 cores nicely on x265

no

Its good, its basically FFMPEG but with a GUI. You can do more complex things with FFMPEG if handbrake doesn't have it.
You can add extra options to overide some of the options in the encoder presents to your liking.

Attached: 1548601372656.png (1018x680, 92K)