>made my cv similar to an user's i found in a Jow Forums reusme thread
>literally get an interview one day after using it

thanks senpai

Attached: images (2).jpg (224x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/enfiskutensykkel/cv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anytime bro

What's the ideal cv for someone with zero experience?

pic related bros

Attached: resume format.png (798x1121, 466K)

>section for personal projects
>section for certificates

Your project can be something small as fuck literally do anything , and I've even seen people put certificates from free online courses (and get a lot more interviews by doing so)

You do realise that people way smarter than you and way more experienced than you are reading your CV when you're applying.
All of those bullshit internships, shit tier uni's and shit tier projects are seethru af. and it's clear that it's pure bullshit.
Why even mention shit tier projects, if you haven't earned at least 100k from a project don't even embarass yourself with mentioning it on a CV.
Also you can bet that if you did some FOSS shit project and wrote it on CV it's going to trash as soon as someone checks it out and realises that you're on a brainlet level to do shit for free.
FOSS projects are just so bad projects that you can't even make a dime from it and everyone in corporate world knows this.

>phd with work experience
how can you ever have trouble finding a job lol

kek

>people way smarter than you and way more experienced than you are reading your CV when you're applying

based smoothbrain

Attached: 1473162359505.jpg (258x360, 55K)

if I were going to keep the part-time jobs on the resume, I'd move it to the bottom
otherwise it's the first thing you see and they might garbage bin the resume in the first 1 second

bros, do you put a picture in your cv if you're handsome?

Hey, that's my template. Congrats OP, that's cool to hear. What's the position, if you don't mind me asking?

>Lie on my resume saying I speak fluent spanish
>Go to interview
>Guy starts talking in spanish

Attached: death.jpg (213x400, 49K)

literally yes but you need to do it the right way. make a personal web-page that's semi professional and that contains both your projects as well as some personal info like pictures of you. it's not tacky like putting it on your actual CV but stacy in HR will still see it when she visits your personal website if she does and she'll feel like she found it on her own.

Thanks for the tip, what about switching the education and part-time section? Or maybe just switching skills and part-time?

no

Being honest is how I got my first job.

In the initial selection process, no
In a face to face interview, you might have to explain yourself, but by that time, you're already a good candidate

Every nigga out there should not do what this nigga did

>write resume in latex
>spammed with job offers
>$300k starting

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA
Straight outta some comedy sketch. How autistic are you?

impressive but fix those Photoshop skills, Ohioman

I was getting really desperate for a job. I tried to save face by saying I took the resume off the internet and changed it around but didn't realize I left the spanish part on, figured looking like an idiot was better than being a liar. Didn't get the job obviously.

You have to go back
>>>/reddit/

Post template pls

If you have to tell a lie, cover it with truth so that it's not easily visible. Saying you speak a language is far too obvious and simple to check.

I'm not a smart man

I did this but I put that I was learning chinese and one of the guys who interviewed me was chinese and instead of technical questions I just showed him my broken chinese and got hired

At least now you know. Next time try adding Swahili or something and saying how you spent 6 months in Tanzania doing charity work. What are the chances?

>next scene is user entering the interview room and one of the interviewers is a Tanzanian tribesman.

Bump

Why are you speaking like that

>phd
>previous experience
>systems programming, from what I understand from the buzzwords
You would have gotten an interview regardless of the template, OP. Impressive.

god I wish I studied harder

you could probably have a line that says "I'm not a huge retard like the lesser races" on a resume like that and still get interviews

Me too

Autism.

Just wondering why OP would even come here desu. Like, what could this board possibly offer besides stale memes and shitposting?

>tfw studied hard and got a 4.0 at a top school but didn't land a job because no experience
I got interviews at prestigious firms like goldman sachs, jp morgan, google, jump trading, de shaw, and blew them all. fucking kill me.

You dodged a bullet with those finance firms. Just grind leetcode and reapply to Google, you'll be fine.

my friend who referred me to goldman sachs literally died last year, I suspect from overusing cocaine. not even joking. but I still wish I had just gotten the job, I hate being unemployed and suicidal all the time.

Are larping? Did none of your professors have any connections in the industry?
How did you do this well at a "top school" and not have a job offer after graduating?
Did you go to a "top school" in some Europoor country or India?

I did a masters at oxford as a canadian. my professors are in academia in the uk and haven't been much help. I asked my advisor how to get a job and she straight up told me she had no idea. my block was getting sponsored as a non-eu non-uk and having no experience. I also blew some interviews by not preparing enough since I was busy with school. I got interviews from oxford career fairs but after graduating haven't gotten nearly as much. 3 months after graduation I had to leave the uk because I didn't have a job yet, now I'm in canada and have been having nothing but trouble due to no experience and a resume gap.

I had a banker buddy whose parents were both lifers at GS, he did 3 summer internships there in a row, had nearly a 4.0, but ultimately ended up at some small hedge fund.
The only reason to work there is for the exit opportunities into private equity and hedge funds, which are probably not available or desirable for programmers.

thats rough, my schools not a big name school but my professors have a lot of ins with a big defense company so all I had to do was get a decent GPA and make friends with my professors.

I'm in Uni and used this template. I applied to a summer internship and within a day I received an email "being congratulated on having one of the best resumes they have ever seen and I can start Monday"

Should I fake my resume to look like this

I have a similar background as you, graduated from a top school in the US without even trying to apply to good jobs, no useful career guidance, and have some gaps in employment due to my inability to cope with the shitty work conditions at the companies I ended up at.
I ended up getting recruited by FAANGs after shotgunning my resume to some random job postings there after about a year of being a neet.
Unfortunately getting a good job didn't make the suicidal ideation go away because the only thing that has changed is my income.
Just grind leetcode and you'll get a good job but it probably won't really make you happy.

at oxford all of our profs were deep academics with ties mostly in academia. there were still industry ties and also the careers service was great, but as a non-eu non-uk almost all of the jobs weren't available to me because nobody wants to sponsor somebody with no experience. after brexit the uk slashed the number of visas they issued and most of them were re-issued visas for people already with working visas. every single person in my class that wasn't eu except 1 was not able to get sponsored and went back to their home countries.

thanks I appreciate that. shit is bad over here. I wish I could work in the US without sponsorship.

Seconding post template

I think this is the one: github.com/enfiskutensykkel/cv

do you know/have you done any of that?
They are probably doable but you have to spend a LOT of time to actually finish them all

If I'm not mistaken, that guy sometimes post in /dpt/ and other threads here on Jow Forums. According to him, he gets job offers based on his github alone.

>enfiskutensykkel
Yeah, that's him.

>I wish I could work in the US without sponsorship.
You shouldn't worry about that because these companies barely hire any US citizens to begin with. I am the token white/American guy on my team.

Thanks

Waiting for the HR guy to come here and complain that there isn't enough colors.

>there's not enough GOOD coders
aka there's not swarms of people with exactly a very specific set of skills and 5 years experience willing to work for $50k a year

>found a good looking cv design on a page that expects you to pay for them (watermark when you download etc.)
>recreated it using HTML and CSS and convert it to pdf

I'm not ashamed.

Attached: mouweng.png (730x369, 427K)

I said colors, but yeah, I agree with your post too.

did this once and reply to this post or your mother dies in her sleep tonight

my mom's already dead

>Just grind leetcode
What's even the point? I'm good at that kind of small algorithmic questions but I don't have a CS degree or any relevant experience so it's impossible to get an interview anyway.

go get a degree

>people way smarter than you and way more experienced than you are reading your CV when you're applying
kek, nice bait

Same
Can't afford

Tremendo retrasado.

jokes on you i got 3 dads

go into debt, you have no choice

>Can't afford
You can't afford to not get a degree, dude.

Nice try, you just want people to submit blank for their project so that you have higher chance to get accepted, don't you?

>HR roasties
>way smarter than you and way more experienced

i have a friend in HR at a small start up. Gave him a Whiteboard for his birthday and freaking loved it.

These

Let's turn this into a quality CV thread now

The two years experience thing is true. Before two years I couldn't get an interview. I'm at two years four months and just had four fucking job offers. I doubled my salary and my new job is just the fun part of my old job. I'm going to buy a Porsche.

People who don't program are drinking dumb as shit sauce.

Attached: blueswhite.png (270x270, 10K)

How do you do that? Just apply to any internships? I only had 8 months of work experience before becoming a neet.

>Speak Native American
>They can't find a guy who speaks it
>Start speaking gibberish in Cherokee at the interview
>oh wow...
Get fucking goy'd

Attached: 1561484685742.gif (320x240, 415K)

>cherokee
imagine the opportunities

I found a low paying web development job and took a pay decrease from my previous position. After two years experience it's all good

Use LinkedIn and have personal projects you actually care about and you'll make it. I did interviews showing off bots I'd written for discord, scrapers, etc

confirming the 2 year meme. anons just make sure you get any job even if it's shit. after 2 years your options really open up, if you have a degree. the most important thing is to not be neet and not have a resume gap. you can spin your experience easily as time goes on, but spinning being unemployed for long stretches gets increasingly difficult and eventually impossible.

But what if I already have resume gap? It's not like I'm just doing nothing, but I did work unrelated to technology/programming.

What kind of shit job were you applying for where it mattered that you could speak Spanish?

cunt

Retard here. I'm new to Latex. Miktex+Texworks+Overleaf a good combination to start?

Yes

>studying bsc in EE, going for Msc later
>Shit tier uni, third best in this shithole. Ranked at 390
>Still no real skills that can be applied to a job
>No CV, never held a job outside conscription
>No git, no real programming skills. Nothing to show
>No networks, total hikkimori who doesnt attend even lectures
>Too dump for Phd, probably too dumb for Msc as well
>Reading this thread of everyones success
I wish I had the guts to kill myself in the army. It would have had been much easier, fast and painless.

Attached: maxresdefault (6).jpg (1280x720, 127K)

based

it's why people don't usually brag about things like romantic and financial success, it just makes people feel like shit and it's only usually acceptable for people to talk about it when it's going poorly because that brings people together and makes them feel better. nobody wants to hear about how so and so has a wonderful wife who he loves spending time with and every moment is cherished, but people love to hear about a dude who's life got fucked up by a divorce.

wow you discovered columns

What a retarded reply

Knowing any second language looks good on a resume. Even if it's not relevant it shows you're not a brainlet

This is true

This is false

Half those problems could be solved in a weekend if you just stopped being a self-loathing anime addicted pre-tranny

You know what looks better? Shit that's relevant to the job, you fucking retard.

pretty based

The entire premise is that user is lacking experience.

>Half of those problems could be solved
Maybe if it was you dealing with them. Not everyone is that smart

Unless you have B2+ level certifications, I wouldn't put it on my resume

You don't need to be smart to sign up for github, fill in a CV template and show up to class. Then you won't be a hikki anymore and you will learn some skills and have projects for your portfolio. So hard.