Microsoft engineers bashing ReactOS

tivi.fi/uutiset/tv/e192b251-7b08-4484-9351-df2b48064ea9

The engineer behind Microsoft Windows, man named Axel Rietschin said ReactOS uses source code stolen from Microsoft.

Rietschin also reminds that Microsoft owns Github, the service which hosts ReactOS source code.

ReactOS developer said it was developed without Microsofts own code but was made to mimic Windows. Rietschin doesnt believe him.

"There is zero possibility that ReactOS is genuine new code imitating Microsoft, it must have been written with stolen code. I am an engineer, not a lawyer but I dont understand how it is legal for them to keep this ReactOS available?."

Attached: 43d1be7c-735f-57a8-b80d-d5ab02b3920b.jpg (650x505, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2019/07/03/reactos_a_ripoff_of_the_windows_research_kernel_claims_microsoft_kernel_engineer/
reactos.org/reset-reboot-restart-legal-issues-and-long-road-03
youtube.com/watch?v=ceQ6kT1ZMrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How about he compiles it himself and finds out? Is he retarded? ReactOS is just WINE in a container any way.

TORILLE

>it must have been written with stolen code
>must
He doesn't know for sure and can't prove. He's salty that he can't shut them down.
It means the ReactOS team is doing something right.
I approve this.

Why does he even care? The money is in Azure, and selling user data. I'd even fire the retard, for damaging the 'OSS friendly' image that MS has been trying to build over the last years.

Why can't you link english articles you stupid mongoloid?
t. another stupid mongoloid

Didn't Bill "the nigger" Gates steal the NT code from another corporation anyways? & Isn't ReactOS built over NT, IIRC.

No, ReactOS has its own kernel which mimics the functions of NT.

Can't they look at those leaked WIN2k and WINNT code bits? There's quite a bunch of stuff there.
Also,
>literally who said literally what

miks sä teet näitä lankoja suomenkielisistä uutisista tänne? mee vaikka ylilaudalle

They just head hunted the VMS group out of DEC.

>stolen code
I can't speak whatever language that article was written in, but I'll assume OP's summary is accurate. If it isn't, it's obvious trolling.
That said, the burden of proof is on the prosecutor. If he believes ReactOS is really using stolen code from Microsoft, all he has to do is prove it.
Showing that code was indeed "stolen" should be trivial after all.
If he can't do it, he is full of shit, and his claims can be safely ignored.

>There is zero possibility that ReactOS is genuine new code imitating Microsoft, it must have been written with stolen code.
I highly doubt an actual engineer could unironically make such an asinine claim.
At this point, I suspect trolling. If he really did say that, it's unbelievable.

No it’s not lol

He really think microsoft don't check ReactOS daily just waiting the day one of em do the shit so they can finally shut down the project?

>theregister.co.uk/2019/07/03/reactos_a_ripoff_of_the_windows_research_kernel_claims_microsoft_kernel_engineer/
>"I glanced at the ReactOS code tree, and in my opinion, there is absolutely no way on Earth this was written from a clean sheet only from the available public documentation," Rietschin wrote.

He says that "internal data structures and internal functions, not exported anywhere and not part of the public symbols, have the exact same names as they appear in the Research Kernel."

In his recent post, he presents further arguments against ReactOS being a "clean room" implementation done without reference to the source code. "Macros names, parameters, etc. never appears in the compiled code. It is … almost surely impossible that a clean-room reimplementation ends up using macros for the same things, let alone macros with the same or similar names."

and then? what are you gonna do about it?
god i hope that in some years they bankrupt microsoft into oblivion.

>He says that "internal data structures and internal functions, not exported anywhere and not part of the public symbols, have the exact same names as they appear in the Research Kernel."

If that's true, then ReactOS is completely fucked.

There's some issues with his claim, the only available "source code" for Windows NT are the NT4.0 source leaks, unless he is seriously trying to claim that the ReactOS team stole code from that leak, however that doesn't explain ReactOS's functionality being equivalent to Windows XP's level.

Attached: 120_-_benis.jpg (600x510, 41K)

again ? they(m$) already tried to pull the same shit years ago

Is ReactOS actually usable now?

must be getting close to useable if they're kvetching this hard

This is FUD 101 playbook. The objective is to sow uncertainty about the long term viability of ReactOS and WINE. Microsoft paid SCO to do the exact same thing to Linux a few years ago.

It's Microsoft, who fucking cares? Practically a dead company at this point.

They're one of the worlds most evil companies and any cuck stupid enough to pay for their software deserves what they get.
To say they're a dead company is another thing though.

Attached: 2019-07-05-040812_1366x768_scrot.png (776x257, 28K)

Wtf I love ReactOS now

Just like any market, that's a bubble, it will burst horrifically sooner or later.

>There is zero possibility that ReactOS is genuine new code imitating Microsoft, it must have been written with stolen code.
Gee, if only he worked at Microsoft and ReactOS was open source so he had access to the source code of both and could compare it instead of making empty accusations.

I doubt microsoft even trusts its own engineers with full source code access. Especially a pr clown like that. It's likely extremely compartmentalized. I'm certain that the handful of top employee's who do have access to the full source are so invested with shares and stock options that it would spell the downfall of their own wealth and entire career if it ever got out.

Any moment now
t. loonixfags in 1995

Microsoft is part of the same bubble as Google, Facebook and all others not every one of them will suffer that much but some will.

No they don't. Look at their earning reports, facebook and google are like 90% from ads. Windows is not even the top cashcow for Microsoft now. Azure, xbox, Surface, Office and even fucking bing are making money.
They sell hardware ,software, services, ads... When the buble burst, they gonna be the one on top again.

To prove it, Microsoft would have to reveal the Windows source code. Innnnteresting.

>stolen code from closed source project
damn that guy is mad as fuck lmao

>Rietschin also reminds that Microsoft owns Github, the service which hosts ReactOS source code.
Holy shit how petty

>There is zero possibility that ReactOS is genuine new code imitating Microsoft
What makes him think this? Does he think wine is stolen code too?

The ReactOS team goes out of their way to be certain that there's no leaked source code in their stuff, they really went down on that when Microsoft sued some WINE devs

>MS has been trying to build
MS supports Oracle in the lawsuit against Google. What image?

there's no point for MS to go after them when it's based on the ancient Win NT Research Kernel, is not used commercially, and doesnt threaten Windows in any way. Sending them a cease and desist letter is pointless when they have no resources to take and would spend a lot of both their own and taxpayer money doing it.
This guy is retarded or new, or both.

Wasn't there a talk about reverse engineering which talked about the ways MS has accidentally exposed shit like variable names and source tree stuctures over the years?

samefag

damn you got me

Attached: file.png (395x154, 9K)

This is retarded. ReactOS wouldn't be the first time a group of hackers reverse engineered a complete commercial closed OS from scratch.
Coherent was a feature complete clone of UNIX since the 80s that even Dennis Ritchie was surprised of how well it was made.
Haiku is an almost complete clone of BeOS, and BeOS source never leaked in the past.
FreeDOS is also a thing, plus all of the other MS-DOS clones like DosBox and similars.

The fact that this person thinks no one would be capable of pulling a functionable clone of X software, with enough time and resources, is laughable.

Same shit from years ago.
They halted development in past to check their source code. It's a clean-room implementation. No idea why he has an axe to grind against ReactOS. Side note, when ReactOS gets UEFI implementation, the vga.sys could be replaced and boot WindowsXP on newer systems
reactos.org/reset-reboot-restart-legal-issues-and-long-road-03

All this copyright terrorism is just embarrassing.
Just think about it:
ReactOS team wants to build an open source alternative, which is already ridiculous - it's like reinventing the Pythagorean geometry just to make it publicly available.
Microsoft failed to protect their source code from leaking to the public.
ReactOS team HAS to be isolated from leaked MS sources, just to not violate the fucking laws.
Now tell my, why do people think that there infinitely small chances that the system that imitates Windows will NOT have similarities in code anyways?
Fucking ridiculous world. God we need communism.

Alex Ionescu(ReactOS developer) talking about reverse enginering youtube.com/watch?v=ceQ6kT1ZMrk

you mean anarchism

I mean, you are faggot, I know what I'm willing to say.
stfu

so they must be on the right track then?

>first they ignore you
>then they hate you
>now they fear you

BUHAHAHAHAA

>i have proof, but nobody can see it because it's a secret
tbqh, this is a scumbag move.

So what? MS-DOS was 100% stolen code from Gary Kildall, and no one ever batted an eye.

Yeah because Micro$oft is going to be so friendly towards based ReactOS. That was sarcasm by the way.

Microsoft engineers should concentrate on learning how to count to 9.

Attached: windows-9-wallpaper-teaser-640x426.jpg (640x426, 17K)

>tivi.fi
What nigger language is this and why do you expect us to be able to read it?

"Your wheel looks like my wheel you must have stolen the design even if you built your wheel different to my wheel. Boo hoo hoo."

Attached: arch linux circles.jpg (1920x1200, 274K)

Because Kildall was a dumb fuck. Gates had the vision, saw the chance and took it. The rest included IBM, Kildall and the bootleg DOS guy are all dumb as shits and missed the big fish.

Not a PR clown. Look for the claimants LinkedIn profile.

Though I find the claim of "the engineer behind Windows" to be laughable at best.

>stealing is okay as long as you steal big
ok

>If that's true, then ReactOS is completely fucked.
The project already went through a massive code audit over a decade ago, and it's been widely known for a long time that the symbols were referenced in asserts from the checked builds up until Vista. Jesus Christ, how new is everyone on this board?

and then Kildall got rekt in a bar fight and died. Pfff

>microsoft paying any attention to reactos at all
oh shit when did reactos git gud?

Right around the same time that Windows did.

relatively speaking, of course

>fearing reactos
okay now that's a good joke lmao

Axel Whatshisface? Whatever happened to Raymond Chen?

It's not, but a significant percentage of the code in reactos is just taken from Wine. The Russian government fucked ReactOS by sponsoring its developers so they could replace windows installations with something that works the same without US agencies spying on them. Shame

>ReactOS is just WINE in a container any way
Remember guys, this is a tech board.
I should either move to Jow Forums or reddit... Coz this shit make my eyes bleed.

They already went through a code audit proving it wasn't using any Microsoft code, a massive delay. This is just concentrated faggotry.

>hiring a retard as engineer
No wonder Windows is so shit.

The bootleg DOS guy? His steal is pretty small tbqh