What're some good portable music players?

What're some good portable music players?

Attached: 220px-Sansa_clip.jpg (220x165, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Original-RUIZU-X50-Sport-Bluetooth-MP3-Player-8gb-Clip-Mini-with-Screen-Support/32810377993.html
rockbox.org/tracker/4878
amazon.com/HIDIZS-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Smartphone/dp/B07F2DTTGT/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1546393755&sr=8-1&keywords=hidizs&linkCode=sl1&tag=zeos-20&linkId=dfe882a05cf1d66d2e9be2eaa0205214&language=en_US
amazon.com/NextDrive-Spectra-Portable-USB-DAC/dp/B07HRNQ9VP/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1546394729&sr=8-1&keywords=spectra x&linkCode=sl1&tag=zeos-20&linkId=3b943d6df69c0c4e53dbc6546acaf7c7&language=en_US
amazon.com/HIDIZS-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Smartphone/dp/B07F2DTTGT/
amazon.com/NextDrive-Spectra-Portable-USB-DAC/dp/B07HRNQ9VP/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your phone?

Depends on how big you want to go.
I modified a 5th gen ipod to have a big battery and run rockbox, don't regret it at all. Get about a week of play time out of it.
The zune was a great pmp but microsoft has really destroyed anyone using it now.

As much as i'd like to go back to 2009 and listen to music on my mp3 player, your phone is pretty much all you need these days. I don't think there is even that many to choose from nowadays if you want to buy one.
Personally I would get one of those sansas just because the small form factor is something that smartphones can't really compete with.

phone. daps are a waste. I looked into it for about a year and tried a few and honestly they all fucking suck. many of the "best" ones have uis that would have been bad in 2010.

my phone

iPod + iFlash + rockbox = the greatest portable music experience you'll ever get.

Attached: image.jpg (1169x1832, 814K)

A smartphone you dumb fucking nigger

>bring out phone to change songs
>gets stolen 10 seconds later
bringing out a smartphone during a commute is a way to tell everyone to steal it here in my shithole.

london?

A rooted a rubik's cube and installed gentoo on it.

FiiO has some good stuff

aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Original-RUIZU-X50-Sport-Bluetooth-MP3-Player-8gb-Clip-Mini-with-Screen-Support/32810377993.html

Attached: HTB133exRXXXXXbdaXXXq6xXFXXXc.jpg (790x1055, 179K)

These guys fuck

Attached: LumPod.jpg (4592x3056, 2.63M)

umm all smartphone users are dumb niggers, little zoom zoom

Can confirm, I do indeed have sex.

paris?

If I mod my pod can I load music onto it normally and not use iTunes?

>all those anons saying "your smartphone"
depends on the phone, but more often than not phones just sound worse than dedicated players.
other than that it's just more comfortable to have a small device when you want to take it out and change a song, plus a separate battery life.

personally I had a clip zip and clip+, both fantastic with rockbox, I lost the zip and now the clip+'s headphone jack is getting static-y.
They're fantastic but since they're no longer made they cost an arm and a leg online, if you can find one of those cheap than it's a no brainer, get one of those.
The difference between those two is that the zip has a colored display and the plus is monochrome, so the + is more power efficient, but the zip has a better battery, so if you keep your screen off a lot the zip will last longer, if you don't, the + will.

Now I'm using a Hidizs AP60 pro, the sound is no better than either of the clips I used (but admittedly my earphones are nothing too good), the keys are so sensitive that if I want to pause it often registers a click as a double click and keeps playing and the bluetooth connectivity in it sucks so much dick it's unusable, I regret that purchase, should've gone with a brand people actually heard of.
I'm not saying all chinese hifi players are bullshit, but that one specifically definitely is, I heard FiiO are pretty good.

Attached: IMG_4335-1_1280x1280.jpg (1200x1200, 108K)

Yup.
I haven't used iTunes once to load music onto my Rockboxed 5.5g.

Excellent. This and Apple's UI are the main reasons I stopped using my iPod Classic. That and Clip+ is smaller and can now hold more with large MicroSD cards, and it has a clip.

>tfw crime so low everybody always stares at their phone making human interactions impossible.

But the iPod + iFlash Quad can hold four times as much as a Clip+

Attached: QuadChad.jpg (1920x2560, 1.68M)

Attached: DmTBnKeX0AMCKb3.jpg (512x408, 45K)

how much for the whole package? (Ipod + addons + 128gigs/256gigs of storage)

germany?

Get a set of headphones with controls on them, problem solved
Alternatively, move to a country with less niggers

Used iPods go for around $50 (You'll want a 60GB 5g or an 80GB 5.5g), the iFlash Quad goes for another $50 and 128GB cards are around $20. So around $120. Add another $10 if you want a brand new case for it.

How did you get the japanese characters to appear? I saw something about using a special unicode font? Actually, some runes appear but some don't.

Attached: 20190704_142542.jpg (4032x3024, 3.12M)

Clip with rockbox.
you used to need a big player like this because harddrive were big, and flash was expensive.

no point carrying something so big now.

Attached: 1558190148335.jpg (1251x1200, 526K)

You do indeed need a font with Unicode support for the characters you want to display.
I'm using this one:
rockbox.org/tracker/4878

Attached: rh_mozaic_blk_front_main.jpg (382x400, 27K)

suprisingly affordable, ill look into that

>Clip with rockbox
Except they've become a meme thanks to Reddit and they cost more than twice what they are worth now. The iPod Video is the best option right now. Until it gets memed over there and the prices start rising too, that is.

which in turn would make the Clip's price to go low again like back in 2013

>use your phone
unwittingly got a phone with deeper than standard 3.5mm jack
headphones supplied have pin that is longer than normal so great... until they started cutting out
normal headphones pin doesnt trigger audio to be played and fall out
bought an adapter which triggers google assistant to start everytime the headphone wire is moved
all i want is to listen to fucking on the go and not have to buy a new phone to get this

i wish my creative zen still worked
i loved that little fucker

Attached: Zune.jpg (750x566, 98K)

>What are Bluetooth headphones

can a phone really be fucked up that much? maybe you're just using it wrong

cheaper to just buy a pmp and use my working headphones

Fucking China. They find new and creative ways to fuck up the most basic things.

I like my Discman D-143. It is lightweight, utilitarian, accepts AA's and I even managed to snag one with a charger. It normally sits on my bedside table waiting for me to pop in some krautrock or ambient music so I have something relaxing to listen to before I fall asleep without having to think about picking a song from my library or having to listen to a advert on Youtube. All the controls are physical so it's easy to adjust with your eyes closed at night or in your jacket pocket, and great CDs are easy to pick up at record stores or on ebay. The audio quality is very pleasant, and more interesting than that of my phone, although it does fall apart if you use bass boost at high volumes. The line out is excellent though.

It may be a affectation, but it's a fun one, and you can't leaf through unusual CDs at a store while trying them out with an MP3 player.

Attached: IMG_0001.jpg (2784x1856, 878K)

>post-cult Oldfield
>BoC
>pretentious to the point of using a fucking discman, not even a minidisc or a cassette walkman
Like pottery

also, wasnt it Walkman's 25th anniversary this month?

clickwheel is just too good for scrolling around big lists, how can anything else compete

Attached: Sony_Walkman_TPS-L2.jpg (300x476, 32K)

>not the guys/dolls version

The 3.5mm ports on phones are meant for headsets, so they have an extra ring for the microphone.

I think technically you always have to use an adapter to use a standard headphone (without microphone) on a phone, but sometimes it will work without an adapter.

Also the 3.5mm jack specifications are a but fuzzy and different manufacturers interpret them a little differently.

A trackpoint is even better for scrolling, but we can only dream.

Are there PMPs with compatibility with earphone media buttons?

You can't argue with track two of Incantations.
Cassettes and Minidiscs are more expensive. I'm being pretentious because I'm using a well supported, unpretentious medium? That doesn't make any sense.

>pay out the ass for a plane ticket instead of buying a $25 mp3 player from amazon

>VBR mp3
>flac
>battery lasts a month or so
>weighs less than a joint
>distraction-free audiophile experience
>you con't worry about breaking it or losing it
Ruizu is based

>I'm being pretentious because I'm using a well supported, unpretentious medium?
No, you're pretentious for using a "portable" version of a medium that was never meant to be portable and never worked properly in such a context. Cassette and minidisc Walkmen don't skip every time you take a step, while portable CD players (except very late ones, which yours isn't) do. They're also too large to fit in anything that isn't cargo pants or a trench coat. Only pretentious fucks wear those these days.
>Cassettes and Minidiscs are more expensive
They can also fit more music (in the case of cassettes) or be overwritten thousands of times (minidiscs).

Thanks user, I'll look into it tonight.

the first and second gen iPods when it was made for music lovers. After that, has to be your phone with Google Play or iTunes.

I don't see anything wrong with a CD player that you can take somewhere or use while travelling.

Holy shit this was my first music player and is bringing back memories I didn't know that I had, ty user

sansa clip was the perfect exercise player. It's sad there is nothing like it on the market today

>rockbox
>sd
>small with physical buttons
>clip

Depends on exactly what you're looking for. Some of the older Ipods are pretty good and you can get them for pocket change on eBay-- I have a Ipod Nano 3g and it works great.

Also you can get cheap chinkshit like pic-related that can get several days worth of continues playback, lossless audio support, FM radio, expandable storage, etc..

Attached: 1545316211451.jpg (2080x1560, 376K)

>portable" version of a medium that was never meant to be portable and never worked properly in such a context
The design of the CD was absolutely intended as portable, as a digital successor to cassete and vinyl LPs. They took measurements of jacket pockets to gauge how easily carried the disc would be.

Are/were there any good options that run on AAs or AAAs, support folders or some other way to organize your music, and aren't limited to 4 GB or less? I have an old Sansa E200 with Rockbox and 40 GB of storage currently, but the old battery died and my only options for new batteries are cheap Chinese trash that won't even last 8 hours so I'd like something that doesn't leave me dependent on companies still producing quality proprietary batteries.

>Creative Zen
I wish mine didn't get soaked in my washing machine years ago. That smol fucker was awesome, despite the storage size.

I wish smartphones had external media control buttons.

Attached: 633A1F537A484927B2F8D56CE950AB25.jpg (500x500, 68K)

Brazil

These things look really cute though! Maybe ditch the phone

Custom ROMs can switch tracks by long pressing volume buttons.

These are great for OP since he lives in Brazil but what would normies think of someone with an ipod? Especially zoomer Stacies?

Houston?

i went to pull mine out of my pocket while walking and dropped it and kicked it as was mid leg swing too
it survived being kicked onto pavement in the rain but a few years later i half slid it, half dropped it across table and that was it - screen went

It's a quirky throwback

How's Rockbox's RS-232 support? I was thinking I could install a serial GPS module inside my iPod and eliminate my cycling computer

I'm just scared Tyrone will be like
"yo this nigga listening to an ipod right nao. Gib me that! Ayo this nigga listening to" Then everyone laughs

Attached: BF766E3F-0D45-4798-9ED1-90742744ADD0.jpg (793x786, 54K)

>caring what a feral animal thinks of you
You're a fucking white man.
Your ancestors conquered the planet.

Buy a gun and show self restraint like a evolved organism you fucking panzy.

>What're some good portable music players?
I got the original Sansa E280 and it still works, but these days any smartphone should be able to fill the role essentially

Human ears can't hear more than 128 kbps MP3.

But I'm a Pajeet. White man conquered me but now I conquer the White's land.

I switched to a smartphone after my sansa clip buttons broke one be one.

My Sansa clip plus keeps freezing over and over again, it has been like this for over two weeks now. I hope I can repair it somehow.

would that player be a good replacement?

Don't listen to the retard calling you pretentious. I always enjoy these kind of posts - people using old technology that still works fine for them. Besides there's something special about CDs, having something physical to hold while listening to the music.

The white man conquered the arabs and the chinese that would have destroyed you.

You claim to be conquering the white man but you cower at the negroid.

Once whites are gone the negroid will prey on you just the same.
Just remember that europe gave india their first firearms when the rest of the world was 200+ years ahead in technology.

>m-muh ancestors
You're probably some fat neet who only has the success of the entirety the white race going for him. Meanwhile I'm earning 6 figures working at Silicon Valley.

>working at Silicon Valley.
wow, I feel really sorry for you

Does Rockbox do anything that improves the sound in any meaningful way?
I have the 2009 classic model but I always found the sound shitty compared to newer players I've owned.

Favelanigger

usb-c dac is the future

amazon.com/HIDIZS-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Smartphone/dp/B07F2DTTGT/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1546393755&sr=8-1&keywords=hidizs&linkCode=sl1&tag=zeos-20&linkId=dfe882a05cf1d66d2e9be2eaa0205214&language=en_US

amazon.com/NextDrive-Spectra-Portable-USB-DAC/dp/B07HRNQ9VP/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1546394729&sr=8-1&keywords=spectra x&linkCode=sl1&tag=zeos-20&linkId=3b943d6df69c0c4e53dbc6546acaf7c7&language=en_US

this little chink right here.
Shanling M1 - lets see your massive dumbphone play 192khz 24bit FLAC and have 256GB Storage.
its so tiny Tyrone cant even see it.

Attached: Shanling M1.jpg (770x754, 146K)

Your laptop.

Learn how to remove referal links and search term meta data you literal fucking brainlet.

amazon.com/HIDIZS-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Smartphone/dp/B07F2DTTGT/

amazon.com/NextDrive-Spectra-Portable-USB-DAC/dp/B07HRNQ9VP/

Nothing will save the shitty DAC in the Classic. You need one of the models with a Wolfson DAC, like the 5th gen models in the posts you quoted.

None. They've all been pozzed by the EU with the volume reduction crap that comes every 20h of playback and you can't disable it.

Attached: Untitled-design-1-796x398.png (796x398, 103K)

ipods other than 5g+ have shit audio quality lol

literally kill yourself

using this for a while now, the battery is about 20hours playing music on max. sound quality is good. device is robust

> iPod Video
Enjoy your bass attenuation
The 6th gen model also had shrill highs

it's not a thing anymore? Shit, I was just about to get one since I lost the one I had. What about the other SanDisk ones? Are they any good?

kraut here, we get raped and killed but not robbed that often. they get everything they could ever want so there is no reason to.

w2c and how much?

Though aside from that, 5G+ with Rockbox was the comfiest PMP I've ever used

got mine from Amazon and it was around $120 I cant remember, had it for a few years now.