A Day In The Life of a Software Engineer

>teehee. Aren’t 12 hour “work” days eating breakfast lunch and dinner at the office and doing nothing else the best?
When will the tech bubble burst? There’s no way these companies can sustain paying so many people to do next to nothing
youtu.be/UK2000bGHio

Attached: CEAF6C54-80DC-4965-85E3-B2E5690E8D56.jpg (1242x857, 528K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yzmQVejR6a8
youtube.com/watch?v=X_PbCjIlpwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oliq8m8Qph0
youtube.com/watch?v=Wp6Z2wVyPeY
youtube.com/watch?v=JU0adIudJoA
youtube.com/watch?v=drNfp5bmUPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sometimes i wonder if the time spent making these videos is during company hours

this is an ad for the company

>wearing a choker in the office
Thots unironically do this?

>electrical engineers literally designing CPUs get paid less than onions code monkeys who spend the entire day filming themselves & eating free food

tech is not a meritocracy

This. Plus the woman hates code.

ITT underpaid nerds butthurt about some normies having a comfy job.

I want to cum on her clit

That's the day in the life of a diversity hire. The one doing all the job is probably a white male

I’m sure the outsource the actual work to Eastern Europeans

just art thots and wannabe unique thots

Do you incels honestly think she doesn't do any work at her company? She got hired to do work. She works, just not in front of the camera because nobody will watch that

Just because she's doing better than you it doesn't mean you have to be bitter

most people do nothing at the office all day, these people simply report about it

>Do you incels honestly think she doesn’t do any work
Yes. Because she doesn’t. The work is all done by pajeets and Slavs overseas. She is a software engineer in name only.

true. ive been a softeng for almost a year and i've written maybe 500 lines of code so far.

>software """"engineer""""

Thats a pretty shit ad if you want me to work at your company
I just want a quiet workspace and not a corporate cult

tfw no mit gf

penis architect

Nice trips

Slaves in a crystal prison

Attached: DCC6D3F3-616E-4886-BAE5-71B268160719.jpg (634x422, 81K)

someone please do "day in the life of a 4chaner"

Trips of tr000th

masturbate shitpost

I also drink beer

Not even women want to hire other women.
youtu.be/yzmQVejR6a8

You're pretty clearly a rabid incel. Nice try.

youtube.com/watch?v=X_PbCjIlpwQ

>my sides

So that woman was an incel? Dilate

Those salaries are to keep the company out of court

airbnb is actually a pretty difficult company to get into

>9:45PM
>Time to dilate

Attached: file.png (481x524, 257K)

youtube.com/watch?v=oliq8m8Qph0
close enough

anyone else see the piece of sausage falling off onto her laptop. disgusting slob

pretty much. the point is to cast wide enough net until you catch a genius. then you milk him for profit as most of them don't understand the real value of their intellectual property (which is now yours)

t. the inner man

basically

>I just want a quiet workspace and not a corporate cult
then dont accept any offices if they ever mention culture during the interview process

This is a day in the life of 90% of my coworkers.

Nobody does any work. They get mad at me for writing code, which they have to review, which means they'll actually have to work.

There's a female """ senior""" software engineer on my team who commits less than 50 lines of code per week. The majority of weeks she writes no code and makes no technical decisions. She's just "there" collecting a 300k salary

she literally had multiple coding periods and meetings, did you expect a video of her staring at emacs and stack overflow? they give you free food so you can work or have meetings while eating, which she does.
this was the worst part 2bh.

sounds familiar.. but she is a very friendly chick. has never made a valid technical decision or gone out of the box on any projects though.

Stay mad, cuck. My weekly commits are usually < 0 loc.
You write bloat, i get paid four times your salary to fix it.

The truth of this hurts

How about a jannie?

Attached: Jannie.webm (800x450, 1.45M)

KEK

this, kek this board really is full of neet larpers

>lines of code per week is a good metric for devs

This thinking is stupid and dangerous.

What is rare and valuable is problem solving skills, not typing skills.

but i thought we live in a patriarchy and women are paid less

ALL

WOMEN

ARE

WHORES

Never forget it

why the fuck she made a top 4 programming languages video 6 months ago and 1 month ago top 5 pl
youtube.com/watch?v=Wp6Z2wVyPeY
youtube.com/watch?v=JU0adIudJoA

Her english is infuriating
SPIT IT OUT BITCH

She is nauseating. So fucking self absorbed. It's fucking disgusting

nevermind, just readed the second title to the end

god I wish that were me

wtf i love slavic chicks now

t. incel

No, Im married. Just that every woman I know is a slut. Every single one of them.

Is she a genius or something? Wtff

Holy shit, are these people just getting paid to goof off? How does that company remain solvent?

youtube.com/watch?v=drNfp5bmUPw

There is a video floating around of a guy doing a livestream talking about how he either worked or applied to work at Riot Games (they make League of Legends) and how insane it was. The person showing them around had a job function of "organizing the weekly basketball game" and one of the artist spend like 3 months making a single axe for a cosmetic DLC.

Some of these tech companies are absolutely shit tier no work and others are slave drivers. That guy Joshua Flake or Fluke... whatever, on youtube reviews some of these Day in the Life videos and points how that these fucks are sticking around 12-15 hour days at the office. Another video he showcases what the interiors of some of these places are like and rants about the open office and distraction shit going on. I honestly think that guy browses Jow Forums considering how much he matches what is talked about here.

Well they're idiots who get paid to goof off. It's the reason their products lack innovation nowadays

Companies are fun until they experience their first real setback. Apple used to be like this and Microsoft too. Google before it turned evil probably was as well.

if you lived in saudi arabia you'd just move to calling all women whores because they looked at your feet or something. the line is arbitrary. what evil have women actually *done* to you

Must be nice to have all your meals provided by the company. I don't think I'd accept it even if they offered it at my workplace. That allows them to drain every last drop of energy out of you while they feed you peanuts in return. Plus you'll be too reluctant to leave

>Open office
I would never work in an open office.
It's literally an intimidation tactic

>replying to incel bait
You deserve it

>It's literally an intimidation tactic
how so?

God I wish I were a cute girl (coder)

Don't they care about quality?
Polajeets are slavs, slavs can only complain and drink.

Attached: 1412536770979378219.png (560x634, 102K)

Welcome to capitalism

Not him but I'd guess because it makes it far easier to spy on you and make sure you're "working" and/or working enough to the satisfaction of the person watching you.

You’re their slave. They own you, and they want you to know it by removing all privacy from your life

What the fuck she literally spent over half of her "work time" either shoving her face full of food or socializing.

It's just like working in retail or a factory/warehouse, where you have some useless fucking manager sitting there watching you on camera and bitching you're not doing enough work. Even though they do jack shit themselves. Granted, I've never worked in an open office but I imagine it's like that.

This is just for a fashion statement

I'LL TELL YOU ONE THING THEY'RE MORE PROMISCUIOUS THAN MEN THAT'S FOR SURE I HAVEN'T HAD SEX IN MY ENTIRE LIFE

“Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

>Every soulless recruiter in San Francisco tries to push this bullshit propaganda everywhere I go
>Meanwhile my company will literally kick me out of the office and force me to take the next week off if I stay more than 8 hours a day.

Feels good not working in that Silicon Valley shithole anymore.

Attached: Frop.gif (1906x1701, 1.23M)

thats the dumbist shit ever

This, except me

God I hate women

>She works, just not in front of the camera because nobody will watch that
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the video? (besides being an advertisment)

Do people really sleep with their phones next to their heads? Yikes

They give you food to keep you in the office.
Their goal is to keep you at work as much as possible.

Bubble economies in miniature.
When they reach their limits suddenly the dream is over and the real work begins to salvage the core business.
Uber is already doing this by trying to phase out their drivers. You see other companies trying to keep the dream alive by going public and listing stocks, which lose billions in worth in the first weeks.

Looks shit to me
>taking 50 minutes to leave the house, not having breakfast or even water
>into work at 8am
>eating food at your workstation
>forced interactions with other autists
>leaving work at 6.50pm
>drinking wine / eating shit food after gym workout
>barely 1 1/2 hours to yourself
Yeah, no thanks.

Imagine instead of fucking around, you did your work in 6-8 hours and got out at 4pm.

I work in HR and trying to switch fields. Every single asshole I talk to is all about "selection" and line after line of bullshit but it's all recruiting. I gotta threaten to yank their eyes out before they admit they want to revamp their recruiting. They all want to hype up "quality of work" or whatever horseshit is hip with young faggots and diversity hires so they want people who can instead do "marketing" instead of recruiting.

So they bring me in and write me a check to do that and they want me to advertise their break room and the kegerators and the game room and blah blah. When I ask them who they're targeting to come work for them, they don't know. Then they get mad because I present my findings at the end of the contract and they aren't what they like.

I hate working with tech faggots. Want to do something different. Might go back to college. Dunno what I'd do instead, though.

>Promoting Java in 2019

Attached: stoklasa.jpg (663x579, 39K)

I'll rephrase for the turbo autists.

She touches/reads less the 50 loc per week. She does not regularly write, refactor, or optimize code. She does not make high level decisions. She does mostly marginally techinal administrative work with the occasional commit here and there.

Most of my coworkers are like this

>softeng
>s
>o
>f
>t
>e
>n
>g
lol wut

Obviously software engineer, y'know, the topic of this entire thread. Retard

Thats why I make sure everybody in the office sees me leave early every day. While the rest of them are afraid they will be judged poorly if they don't put in an extra 20-30 minutes of free work per day. seeing the look of disappointment on their face is like fuel for my engine.

are you hiring? i'm great at doing jack shit

Why are still you working at this company?

The intimidation tactic loses its power if you slack off right in front of your boss.

top kek

She's literally someone's fuck dog on breaks.

>meritocracy
Code monkeys can be funny sometimes

Attached: liam_neeson.jpg (171x208, 7K)