>KDE
krashes every couple minutes
the settings menu is just unbearable, so many unnecessary options
and bloat
>sway
not really into tiling WMs
I see no benefit using tiling WM on such a low res screen

and the rest are just in development & unstable

where the fuck are the lightweight & comfy floating WM/DEs at?
where are the XFCE/LXDE counterpart for Wayland?
how can I make the switch when there is no decent DE/WM?

Attached: 1560037783685.jpg (639x607, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

old.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/c99ios/wayland_rant/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

macOS doesn't have this problem.

yeah, macOS sure is decent if you don't consider that you have to buy Apple's overpriced, hot and defective in design garbage

Attached: 1559510097807.jpg (1920x1693, 944K)

You don't though user

hackintosh doesn't have this problem.

Does Budgie work with wayland since it relies on so much gnome shit?

What GNOME version? Anything below 3.30 is unusable. 3.34 will greatly improve performance again, which can be observed in 3.33.3 already.

no
they were planning to migrate to qt & wayland but they changed their minds

I tried 3.32 on Arch
had to turn off the animation because the frame drop was annoying
sometime it felt slower than windows 10

>switch to Wayland
>your finely tuned xdotool scripts don't work anymore
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There are no simple WMs for Wayland by design. Wayland offloads a lot of complexity to the window manager; if you want a simple WM then use an X one, you will just have to live with the bloat that is X.

How bloated is Ubantu minimal? How many gigabumps takes on your ssd?

Doesn't Sway support at least some basic form of floating? I'd be looking into that myself, but I still have an old nvidia card that I haven't replaced yet (And since it still works, I have no real plans to replace it) so Wayland is pretty much off the table for me for now. I do know i3 supports it on some level, and sway is supposed to be a drop in replacement isn't it?

Who's this anime girl? I see her everywhere here.

One interesting wayland environment I found is Liri OS, basically it's a simplistic material design inspired interface for wayland. Still in a pre-alpha state mind you, but it has potential. Currently offered as packages for Arch that don't seem to work with current arch packages, and as a COPR repository for fedora. A live image based on Fedora is also available for testing.

Me personally? I just use GNOME.

>Okay guys, you've convinced me that Wayland is actually better than X
If you already have a perfectly fine working environment in X, why would you throw it away just because some idiots on this board convinced you that Wayland was better?
...I mean, it is fundamentally better and less crufty than X, but it's Wayland's job to entice you over to it, not your job to conform to it. Always remember, software is a tool, not an alter to sacrifice your productivity to in the name of code purity or cleanliness or whatever.

Satania from Gabriel Dropout

Gnome probably.
I like KDE better, but it's more suited for Xorg ATM.
Fedora Gnome is probably the best integration, but the bad news is, they ship vanilla Gnome, so you'll have to install a bunch of tweaks/extensions to get it the way you like it.

thats gay

Wyland is a piece of shit until I can start a program on my laptop and have it seemlessly display on my desktop. Something X has been able to do for years.

this, as a ricing Arch user on bspwm I wont switch until Wayland is mature

I HATE WAYLAND SO FUCKING MUCH
LET US UPVOTE THIS TO THE FRONTPAGE
MY RANT
old.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/c99ios/wayland_rant/

I use Windows or Mac alongside Linux. Can I join the Linux Master Race?

◌ Alas, currently the Mac squids, and even more so the Windows krill, do not realize the inevitable triumph of the Linux OS. This is an unfortunate fact, and it may force many penguins to use the crude systems of the seafood. Even if persecuted in this way, as long as one believes in the supremacy of Linux, one may become a member of the Linux Master Race. One day the trials will end and we shall rise above all, but use the systems of the squids and krill for what you need and only for what you need, and persevere in the hope of the future.