Literally what went wrong?

Attached: butterfly.jpg (685x735, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Zg6yY0o6zoc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

human existence

Did anything go right with Apple? They shouldn't even have customers, but somehow marketing beats engineering and pricing and QC in their situation.

steve jobs was a dickhead but when he was ceo of apple they very clearly had a philosophy that they should make good products.

i know that is a very vague statement because the problems with their hardware hasn't really changed, but it wasn't nearly as aggressive or anti-consumer back then. yes, they still had a shitty and low-key coercive marketing and customer support strategy, and from a performance and cost perspective they have always been overpriced, but ipods fucking worked. powerbooks fucking worked. The expectation you have of the product when you bought it was what you got. now apple products enroach on that.

post-steve apple has been squeezing out what people expect out of their expensive premium product and it's gotten so bad that they literally sell a "pro" computer with two USB ports and no discreet graphics card, they sell a $1000 tablet that can bend, and they literally partnerned with Goldman Sachs to start a credit card line, and they literally don't even repair products anymore. not even the half assed 'we replaced everything but the outer case' like they used to

>it wasn't nearly as aggressive or anti-consumer back then
it was

Steve "Burning in the Lake of Fire" Jobs would be pulling the exact same shit. He wasn't anything but a marketing genius. That was his gift to this world: advertising.

this fag gets it. jobs was pretty useless at anything but advertising.

I hate apple but in my opinion what he deserves credit for is demanding the iphone be what it is. I mean he didn't design it but he put unreasonable demands on a pile of geniuses and they somehow delivered. it was like 2-4 years ahead of schedule in terms of what the rest of the market was doing and all phones nowadays are still ripping off the fundamentals of that product

i didn't say it wasn't, i said it wasn't as bad. did you even read the post?

the ipod nano was a fucking joke and made consumer electronics focus on inane shit, i'm not pretending that steve was some brilliant marketing tactician, he simply understood that your products need to make a good impression on people and keep that impression long term.

modern apple is doing good on the first half of that, but they are retracting on the second half of that, because they are greedy. it's going to bite them in the ass long term and the general malaise people have towards apple products people in comparison to the early 2000's is growing testament to that

That cocksucker Jobs died. He was a sort of quality control expert.

calm down

they are going back to scissors for 19 mba and 20 pro models

dilate

The iPhone was a shitty blackberry when it first came out. I know your first phone was a iPhone 5s or someshit but for those of us coherent at the launch of the iPhone thought it would just be a fad because its specs were trash and it was the most fragile phone on the market at that price point.

>applefag telling someone else to dilate
That's fucking rich.

>2-4 years ahead of schedule in terms of what the rest of the market was doing
POO IN LOO

Attached: 1539347312611.png (868x834, 232K)

nah. shitty retcon of history. the iphone was a complete upheaval of phones and was mindblowing at the time. these days iphones aren't shit but at launch it was practically a miracle.

whattever this is, appletoddlers are BTFO

Attached: Absolutely BTFO.jpg (2000x2000, 885K)

When you shit in the street, do you use toilet paper?

>keyboard feels like an alphanumeric pad from an old phone
>except it breaks after a month
seriously, what the FUCK went wrong?

are you fucking retarded? even back then people shat on it because it couldn't do shit, only looked good

Apple will replace the keyboard with a touch screen soon. The s o y i m will rejoice.

>m-muh thinness
>w-who c-cares if the keyboard is junk and it thermal throttles, it's hip and t-trendy, look we even replaced standard buttons with a touchbar so you c-can send emojis with m-more efficiency
To call any Mac after 2013 "pro" is a fucking joke

Apple degenerates never gonna make it
youtu.be/Zg6yY0o6zoc

Attached: kailh choc.jpg (680x224, 19K)

>low profile

>most fragile
literally only matters if you're uncoordinated

your designated shitting street is calling you ijeet

Tim Cook doesn't have a vision for Apple is run by finance gurus

Or leave your home. Or "pit", in your case.

Attached: call_center_09-e1532176031531.jpg (800x452, 76K)

They went from left to right.

They have the best build quality of any company bar none

>appleshit
>best build quality
0/10
shit bait
you didn't even try

everything

>iphone was a complete upheaval of phones and was mindblowing at the time
Oh how I miss this good ol' reality distortion field.

nothing, butterfly keyboard was the best thing to happen to apple in years

Worst bait I have seen on this site in a while , Apples have one of the worst build qualities out of all businesses especially on their mobile devices , but pretty much every Apple product throttles back and overheats like hell.

everybody forgets how shitty the first iPhone was, it couldn't fucking send mms and it couldn't record video, typing on it was near impossible with the screen size and lack of swype type features.

what it had going for it was that it was made by apple and looked futuristic, like the devices you'd see them tapping at in TNG

They tried to change something nobody even thought about tampering with. Like any attempt at redesign, it can either go well, or be a failure. In this case it appears to have been a failure. Apple's clearly did it just as something different to try and excite investors. Can't really blame them for trying.

pass

We fucked up. That'll be $2500+tax+tip.

lol what, there were like some lighthearted gizmodo/engadget posts about "magic tricks" using the accelerometer to pour milk or someshit, and fart and flashlight apps, nothing truly revolutionary

the iphone 4 and 5 were fairly well engineered. the antenna problem was clearly a flaw but they addressed that. they weren't super amazing but in comparison to what even samsung had at the same time - yes, they were well designed

the iphone 6 is a significantly worse design with serious flaws, all later iphones are still based on that design, and the build quality of android phones have improved considerably in the time since it has come out. its kind of ironic that apple stopped using an internal metal frame after android manufacturers started using them

Attached: nexuss.jpg (1200x800, 170K)

>Can't really blame them for trying.
You can blame them for failing and still selling it though.