European bachelor's in CS vs American?

Here in Europe we have bachelor degrees in CS which only take 3 years to finish.
In America they take 4 years.
Is it harder to get a job when you have a 3 year bachelor's?
Many Europeans just move on to do a masters. But if a 3 year bachelors is enough then that's great.

Attached: astolfo with cat ears.jpg (1103x958, 441K)

euro masters is equivalent to american bs. euro double masters is equivalent to american ms.

ever looked up some american curriculums ? for some absurd reason there are classes like history in their CS curriculums.

But by the time you finish a European masters you have studied for 5 years or so. Because a European masters is 2 years long.

Yes their degrees are probably lengthened by those useless humanities. That's why I was wondering if our 3 year degrees are worth as much as theirs.

Depends on country in the EU too. UK curriculi are very different from german and eastern euro ones.

yuropoor is shit
you want to learn from american professors and go through cs with american peers

Peers I can understand due to networking and shit, but profs are completely irrelevant. Most courses are based on their books which you can almost always pirate off the internet.

>Because a European masters is 2 years long
not really no, there's plenty of 1 year masters.

go to uni like UC Berkeley and you will be getting lectures from and have the chance to talk to professors who were part of computing history

Yes I guess so

American bachelor's degrees take 3 years if you aren't lazy.

And what good does that do me? Does it warrant the tuition fees?

only smart people should go to college
if you are smart, college is cheap and worth the time

doesn't matter, if they let you interview and you can pass it

mINE IS TAKING 5 YEARS!!!

>3 years
doesn't qualify for h1b

I work at a well-funded SF start-up and am near the hiring department. They don't care. I would imagine most of the impact is simply in being able to state it on your resume.

God damn it, I want to save that picture with the others....
but he's a guy.

Americans are slower to learn, so it takes longer.

Smart people are smart enough to avoid it.

American degrees are 4 year due to all the bullshit they fluff the degrees with. Basically it's a big scam to make the student pay more.
Get your engineering bachelor and start working for a global manufacturing company. Do a good job and in a couple of years the world is your oyster. If you're German or know German you hit the jackpot.
Starting out your career in Europe is better anyway. Much stronger laws around employment and people tend to care a bit more about each other compared to Asia or the US. Work your way up a bit, get a bit older, then you go to the US and rake in cash.

HAHA